PDA

View Full Version : The Future of the University Of North Dakota's Football Team

darell1976
September 22nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/176480/

Faison said he expects North Dakota to know its football future within the next two months.

By the end of the season UND could be in the Big Sky, MVFC, Summit Football League, Independant, GWFC, you name it thats where we could be. Only thing for certain is NO FBS. Stay tuned.

doolittledog
September 22nd, 2010, 05:35 PM
Oh good lord. I thought this was going to be a "UND to drop football" thread.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2010, 05:42 PM

I was hoping that too. Meh.

darell1976
September 22nd, 2010, 06:59 PM

If we are stuck without a conference for years and years we might as well drop it.

DJKyR0
September 22nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
By the end of the season UND could be in the Big Sky, MVFC, Summit Football League, Independant, GWFC, you name it thats where we could be. Only thing for certain is NO FBS. Stay tuned.

The Big Sky invite doesn't look good with Poly and Davis gone there, unless they add SUU which makes for a strange travel partner. Summit Football won't happen. GWFC? Too stable at 9 teams, unless ISU red + blue/Mizzou St. look to the MAC to go FBS. Independence seems the likely choice once the GWC folds, and that's transition hell for UND. Good luck finding a conference.

My point: it's definitely not a "you name it" situation.

BearsCountry
September 22nd, 2010, 07:28 PM
How about UND donate some money to the Bear Fund to help expand Plaster to 30k and then you can have our spot in the MVFC. :)

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2010, 07:34 PM
How about UND donate some money to the Bear Fund to help expand Plaster to 30k and then you can have our spot in the MVFC. :)

That is the most logical post ive seen dealing with UND finding a conference.

Money is something UND can fenagle out of the State government.

darell1976
September 23rd, 2010, 07:22 AM
That is the most logical post ive seen dealing with UND finding a conference.

Money is something UND can fenagle out of the State government.

I think UND could find better things to do with their money....like bribe the MVFC commish to let them and USD in.xlolx

bandit
September 23rd, 2010, 11:12 AM
If the Big Sky loses Montana and/or Portland State and Sac State to the WAC, there would obviously be additional room for UND, USD and Southern Utah

Gil Dobie
September 23rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
You still have hockey though :)

darell1976
September 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM

Which starts in 10 days!!xhurrayxxhurrayx

Twentysix
September 23rd, 2010, 05:42 PM

Hockey that will lose all of its noteable conference mates, thanks to penn state.

darell1976
September 23rd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Hockey that will lose all of its noteable conference mates, thanks to penn state.

We will survive. Everyone wants to come to the Palace on the Prairie to play one of the top teams in College Hockey.

JSUBison
September 23rd, 2010, 07:03 PM

I wonder if University of Manitoba might try to get into the WCHA? I know that the U of British Columbia was talking about joining the NCAA for football, and doesn't Simon Fraser (BC)already play football in the States? So it could be an option.

darell1976
September 23rd, 2010, 07:49 PM
I wonder if University of Manitoba might try to get into the WCHA? I know that the U of British Columbia was talking about joining the NCAA for football, and doesn't Simon Fraser (BC)already play football in the States? So it could be an option.

We play them in 10 days...exhibition of course.

heath
September 23rd, 2010, 07:57 PM
Which starts in 10 days!!xhurrayxxhurrayx
Will the hockey team have moral victories to keep your spirits high during the cold winter months?

SDFS
September 23rd, 2010, 11:27 PM

Still have Denver and CC, plus the BTHC will need a lot of nonconference games. So, UND will more than likely see more Big Ten teams than less on a yearly basis. Now, that Mich, Mich St, Ohio St, Pen St and the other UND will be looking for more games plus Minn and Wis. Thinking about picking up tickets for the UND vs UND match up in GF this year.

SDFS
September 23rd, 2010, 11:31 PM
Back on topic, I think that UND's AD said that they would definitely know more about FB future in two months. So, it sounds like plans are in the works. I will be looking for more information in late Nov. Until then enjoy the season.

gjw007
September 24th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Will the hockey team have moral victories to keep your spirits high during the cold winter months?

Moral victories are when you are a severe underdog and even if you don't win, you play well providing something to build on for the future. UND's hockey team is one of the preseason favorites to win the NCAA hockey tournament so there would be no 'moral victories' for UND. It should get interesting to see how the conference end up after Penn State becomes D1 in hockey. It could become a mess just like UND not having a conference for its non-hockey teams has it currently playing teams all over the US.

darell1976
September 24th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Back on topic, I think that UND's AD said that they would definitely know more about FB future in two months. So, it sounds like plans are in the works. I will be looking for more information in late Nov. Until then enjoy the season.

Chris Mussmann is keeping his players focused on the season and NOT on which conference they may or may not be in, I guess us fans can do all the wondering and waiting for the players. I am just curious if there is something Faison knows and was sworn to secrecy.

darell1976
September 24th, 2010, 08:00 AM

When you are the favorites in 99.9% of your games you don't have moral victories. When UND plays Minny in football we are underdogs when Minny plays UND in hockey they are the underdogs.