PDA

View Full Version : #18 NDSU vs #20 USD

THE HERD
September 22nd, 2010, 11:37 AM
Da Bizon and the Yotes! Any yote fans out there to give some info on your team? We havent played ya since 03, so don't really know much about the team other than you have a talented QB. I am really looking forward to this game and the FargoDome should be a rockin!

Big Al
September 22nd, 2010, 11:55 AM
After UNI's game against SFA, I'm worried about Dante Warren. Kid's got game! How the heck did he end up in Vermillion after playing HS ball in Chicago!?

darell1976
September 22nd, 2010, 01:58 PM
USD has offense no doubt about that, but their defense could be the deciding factor in the game. It could be a 42-42 game in the 4th qtr but if NDSU's D stops their offense it could be a blowout for the Bison. IMO defense is the key and I hope the Bison wear them out on Saturday...we have them next Saturday in Vermillion. Should be a great game this weekend. Dome will be rocking.

THE HERD
September 22nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
After UNI's game against SFA, I'm worried about Dante Warren. Kid's got game! How the heck did he end up in Vermillion after playing HS ball in Chicago!?

Yeah Warren is what is worrying me the most as well, after seeing what your guys QB did to us. Although it will help that we know he is the starter and can prepare for him....you guys kept us guessing. As far as how Warren made it to Vermillion from Chicago.....who knows, but that is what is great about college football......a lot of hidden jems out there just waiting to get their chance.

THE HERD
September 22nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Do the yotes have a message board website like bisonville?? If so what is it?xconfusedx

darell1976
September 22nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
Do the yotes have a message board website like bisonville?? If so what is it?xconfusedx

http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com/

darell1976
September 22nd, 2010, 03:27 PM

Small town atmosphere..Fargo, and Brookings were too big.xlolx

GaSouthern
September 22nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
With games this close I pull for the home team.

Professor Chaos
September 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM

There's an article in the Fargo Forum today about him. He's a redshirt Junior who's played behind some excellent QBs in his first 3 years there. Apparently, he was very lightly recruited out of St. Viator high school in Arlington Heights, Ill.

Warren is in his fourth year in the system and it appears he needed all of the three previous years to come of age. He wasn’t highly recruited out of high school at St. Viator in Arlington Heights, Ill.

He was the East Suburban Catholic Conference most valuable player his senior year in 2006. It appeared Northern Michigan was the leader to sign him until the Coyotes got serious with him in December – just over a month from the early February signing date.

Warren said Northern Iowa, Eastern Michigan and the University of Cincinnati also contacted him in some way. But USD was his only Division I scholarship.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/292058/group/Sports/

Everyone knows that NDSU has an excellent defense and USD has an excellent offense but it'll be which ever team's weaker unit can control the game when they're on the field that will decide the game. The indoor environment shouldn't affect USD as they play their home game indoors as well. Frankly, I think NDSU has been overrated this year based on how putrid their offense has been. I really hope Jensen gets the start at QB for the Bison and a weeks worth of practice with the #1 offense will get them going with Jensen under center.

darell1976
September 22nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
There's an article in the Fargo Forum today about him. He's a redshirt Junior who's played behind some excellent QBs in his first 3 years there. Apparently, he was very lightly recruited out of St. Viator high school in Arlington Heights, Ill.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/292058/group/Sports/

Everyone knows that NDSU has an excellent defense and USD has an excellent offense but it'll be which ever team's weaker unit can control the game when they're on the field that will decide the game. The indoor environment shouldn't affect USD as they play their home game indoors as well. Frankly, I think NDSU has been overrated this year based on how putrid their offense has been. I really hope Jensen gets the start at QB for the Bison and a weeks worth of practice with the #1 offense will get them going with Jensen under center.

When will Bohl make the announcement??

Professor Chaos
September 22nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
When will Bohl make the announcement??

It sounds like he won't. He's going to wait until game time and announce it by trotting out his guy on the first offensive play. He's always been pretty slow to pull the trigger on QB switches so I would expect Mohler to start if he can but if there are lingering concerns regarding the concussion he suffered last week it could open the door for Jensen.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
Im fairly sure Jensen will start. He wont be named the starter however, Bohl will use the guise of an injury plagued mohler and say they are allowing him to recover from his injury.

The best you will hear before the game, if anything, will be that mohler needs more time to rehab from his injury, not that jensen is #1.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Jensen started. DJ had 250 yds rushing. We beat the Yotes 38-16. Yowie mama. Warren wasnt even close to as good as advertised.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2010, 12:13 AM
PASSING
............CP/AT YDS TD INT
Warren 19/33 157 0 2
RUSHING
..........ATT YDS TD LG
Warren 19 83 2 20
Ganious 14 49 0 8
PASSING
...........CP/AT YDS TD INT
Jensen 9/19 182 1 0
RUSHING
.............ATT YDS TD LG
McNorton 20 250 3 67
Jensen 12 32 1 9

Warren and Ganious is USD.

McNorton and Jensen are NDSU. Hopefully we continue to improve.

darell1976
September 26th, 2010, 08:07 AM
So is Mohler offically the #2 QB? After this game Bohl would be a fool to bench Jensen

Professor Chaos
September 26th, 2010, 09:30 AM
So is Mohler offically the #2 QB? After this game Bohl would be a fool to bench Jensen
Without a doubt, for the first time since Steve Walker thew his last pass (and game sealing INT) against SDSU in November 2007 I feel good about the guy NDSU has under center. Jensen struggled early again yesterday (I believe he started 2-9 with at least 3 drops sprinkled in there) but he really calmed down after that and stretched the field nicely. I think that was the key to McNorton's huge day. For the first time this year, the opposing defense had to respect the Bison passing game. The kid is a redshirt freshman too so as long as he can stay healthy and continue to improve he'll be starting a lot of games for the herd.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 26th, 2010, 10:26 AM
USD is a good team with a mediocre defense at best.

If the Bison keep making strides from week to week then they will have a legit chance of winning the MV and getting into the playoffs.

Next week I expect a win and also in Youngstown. Illinois State will be a tough one on the road but it is definitely winnable.

GO BISON

X-Factor
September 26th, 2010, 10:34 AM
One game at a time. Next up Western Illinois, which has been playing GREAT so far this year. The Bison are still very beatable, maybe particularly when we go on the road due to all of our true freshman and redshirt freshman that are starting, but it is not like last year. We need to earn the respect on the field and take nothing for granted after last seasons 3-8 debacle.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 26th, 2010, 10:38 AM
One game at a time. Next up Western Illinois, which has been playing GREAT so far this year. The Bison are still very beatable, maybe particularly when we go on the road due to all of our true freshman and redshirt freshman that are starting, but it is not like last year. We need to earn the respect on the field and take nothing for granted after last seasons 3-8 debacle.

2 true freshman start.

Turner at tackle and Smith at kick returner........Turner is a legit FBS player and Smith could be one of the most dynamic returners in Bison history.

With our defense.....we will be in every game.

OrygunBison
September 26th, 2010, 11:58 AM
The Bison are still very beatable...

If we actually put 4 quarters together, I'm not so sure. The boys looked pretty darn incredible in the second half yesterday. The main problem with this team has been that they don't play a whole game. For some reason, we have needed significant adjustments at the half. Luckily, we have the coaching to pull that off. That said, there are teams remaining on our schedule that we can have a bad quarter. WIU is one of those teams.

Man, I wish we could play UNI again. With the way both teams are now playing, I think we'd perform pretty well.

Glad to have Bison ball back...

Professor Chaos
September 26th, 2010, 05:22 PM
If we actually put 4 quarters together, I'm not so sure. The boys looked pretty darn incredible in the second half yesterday. The main problem with this team has been that they don't play a whole game. For some reason, we have needed significant adjustments at the half. Luckily, we have the coaching to pull that off. That said, there are teams remaining on our schedule that we can have a bad quarter. WIU is one of those teams.

Man, I wish we could play UNI again. With the way both teams are now playing, I think we'd perform pretty well.

Glad to have Bison ball back...

Almost every team in the country can make that claim. It's tough to play 60 minutes at the highest level but the test of a team comes when they win games where they don't play their best or when they win because they play their best during the last 15 minutes when it really counts. Consequently, the latter test is one the Bison failed numerous times last year but during these last two games they've played their best football in the 2nd half which is a very encouraging sign.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2010, 05:32 PM
2 true freshman start.

Turner at tackle and Smith at kick returner........Turner is a legit FBS player and Smith could be one of the most dynamic returners in Bison history.

With our defense.....we will be in every game.

Seemed like Marcus williams was a starter to me, as hes out there almost every single defensive down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 26th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Seemed like Marcus williams was a starter to me, as hes out there almost every single defensive down.

MW is a RFR.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2010, 05:51 PM
MW is a RFR.

Ah, he is isnt he.

Gil Dobie
September 27th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Good to see McNorton got MFVC player of the week honors for his effort.

OrygunBison
September 27th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Good to see McNorton got MFVC player of the week honors for his effort.

It was really, REALLY nice to see him have such success this week. I don't really remember a play where he was dancing too much before or in the hole. I really like seeing him get all Roger Craig on a few guys going through the hole. Keep your head looking down field and keep those legs pumping, DJ!!! I love it.