PDA

View Full Version : ESPN to feature EWU's Red Turf on College Gameday

Screamin_Eagle174
September 21st, 2010, 03:32 PM
During the Boise State/Oregon State game this upcoming Saturday. To all you haters out there... http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/images/smilies/dance.gifhttp://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/images/smilies/finger.gif

A feature on Eastern's new red turf is expected to air this week during ESPN GameDay coverage from Boise, Idaho, where the Broncos host Oregon State on BSU's blue turf. An ESPN crew, led by feature producer Lydelle King, was in Cheney last Saturday and Sunday videotaping highlights, interviews and the turf itself. The show, which features Chris Fowler, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard, airs Saturday (Sept. 25) from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time.

biggie
September 21st, 2010, 03:35 PM
Ah, now a lot of the country will be blinded for a period of time.

JMUNJ08
September 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM
During the Boise State/Oregon State game this upcoming Saturday. To all you haters out there... http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/images/smilies/dance.gifhttp://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/images/smilies/finger.gif

So now I can see why Montana had 15 TOs on Saturday?

UNCBears2010
September 21st, 2010, 06:53 PM
All I'm going to say is thank goodness EWU is coming to Greeley this year.

CopperCat
September 22nd, 2010, 12:13 AM
I watched almost all of the EWU/UM game on TV. Certainly a good thing for EWU and FCS that they are getting recognized more.

It's just too bad that what they are getting recognized for is not exactly something I would be proud of.

glsjunior
September 22nd, 2010, 12:21 AM
The NCAA should do something about that. Its just ridiculous. I'd rather deal with Miss St. cowbells.

aust42
September 22nd, 2010, 06:58 AM
I'm amazed that enough people thought it was a good enough idea to install a God aweful ugly azz Red turf on a football field. There must be some sort of illicit drug use going on in the circle of "the powers that be". Acid anyone?

Screamin_Eagle174
September 22nd, 2010, 12:54 PM
http://dc125.4shared.com/img/H0b7lZUV/s3/haters-gonna-hate-eagle.jpg

Retro
September 22nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
I wonder why you call people Haters just because they have a realistic common sense opinion on not liking a Red Football field... I don't know anyone that likes Boise's blue turf as well and in fact most everyone i know hate's watching their games at home on TV simply because of it being so hard on the eyes... If Southern Utah would've gotten red turf instead of EWU, i'm sure you would think it was awful!

Once the gimmick wears off, you'll be stuck with a red turf no one wants play on and it will likely fade in color rather fast as most red colors do due to the type of pigmentation in red dye. You could end up with a pinkish field in 5 years. lol

CrunchGriz
September 22nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
Was at the game. Yes, it's bright hooker red, bordering on retina-damaging. At least, this is what it looks like and does when play stops. When the game's in motion, you don't notice it, because your focus is on the players, which from the stands are not hard to see/discern, even EWU's in solid red. All bets are off when you're talking about how it looks on TV, though. Shooters will earn their pay covering EWU home games, that's for sure, if only for trying to find a decent white balance.

EmeryZach
September 22nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
I don't mind the red. But I'll tell you what I really like is the black endzones. I think making a whole field black would look really good. It would be like watching a street football game on black top.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 22nd, 2010, 06:32 PM
I wonder why you call people Haters just because they have a realistic common sense opinion on not liking a Red Football field... I don't know anyone that likes Boise's blue turf as well and in fact most everyone i know hate's watching their games at home on TV simply because of it being so hard on the eyes... If Southern Utah would've gotten red turf instead of EWU, i'm sure you would think it was awful!

Once the gimmick wears off, you'll be stuck with a red turf no one wants play on and it will likely fade in color rather fast as most red colors do due to the type of pigmentation in red dye. You could end up with a pinkish field in 5 years. lol

xlolx Wow. That's one of the most moronic things I've seen posted on this board in a while. Common sense? Opinions are subjective. Liking or disliking the color of a field is based upon aesthetics, which rely on an individuals preferences. Obviously you don't associate with people with differing opinions than your own, which explains your close-mindedness regarding the subjective interpretation of our field. Just as there are those who don't like our field, there are those who do.

Sprinturf has guaranteed that the turf won't noticeably fade, and if it does they will replace it at no cost. It's not an issue.

Retro
September 23rd, 2010, 12:28 PM
Moronic? Think about it and step outside of your world.. Yes, opinions are subjective, however there are common sense opinions and those that fall into the category of bias/blind allegiance/propganda... Outside of the EWU fans, i have seen very little acceptance of the red turf, because clearly folks are used to a traditional green field and it's non-blinding asthetics. It's not moronic, it's a fact and a common sense opinion to think the red turf is overboard based on real world experience, whereas i don't expect you folks to accept that because your blinded by the light...

EdubAlum
September 23rd, 2010, 04:45 PM

No we won't, it was guaranteed to not fade by Sprinturf, and if it does, it will be replaced at their cost. sick of hearing about the field turning pink, EWU will never have a pink turf people.

I don't mind the red. But I'll tell you what I really like is the black endzones. I think making a whole field black would look really good. It would be like watching a street football game on black top.

agreed:)

I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about, sure it's red, it's different, after about 5 minutes into the game you don't even notice it's not green.

Pard4Life
September 24th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I look at that field and feel like I am about to have an epileptic seizure. The picture starts moving.

biggie
September 25th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Noticed a little preview on Sportscenter last night. On of the SC hosts: "Red would make you angry".

stevdock
September 25th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I don't know who they were interviewing at EWU this morning, but he said the field color is already paying off since they beat Montana. Really?? He made it sound like the players had nothing to do with it and the game was decided because they played on red turf.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 25th, 2010, 01:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5613577

putter
September 25th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I don't know who they were interviewing at EWU this morning, but he said the field color is already paying off since they beat Montana. Really?? He made it sound like the players had nothing to do with it and the game was decided because they played on red turf.

Honestly, it the Eags lost every game for the rest of the year the school would think it was worth it just because they beat the Griz....

JMUNJ08
September 25th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Honestly, it the Eags lost every game for the rest of the year the school would think it was worth it just because they beat the Griz....

Exactly. They said it was EWU first win at home vs. the Griz since '91?!?!?!? Sounds like something that would make my season...