PDA

View Full Version : Villanova, App State top seeds in TSN bracket

FanofFCS
September 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM
http://tinyurl.com/36tfzpu

umassfan
September 21st, 2010, 12:13 PM
They really feel that UMass isnt one of the top 12 teams in FCS right now?

TexasTerror
September 21st, 2010, 12:21 PM
Three Big Sky teams in?!? How do you figure?!?

Haley - you may want to read this thread - http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?74453-Big-Sky-Limited-to-AQ-for-Playoffs/

danefan
September 21st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Its a rough bracket for sure.

Besides the issues with the teams, there is a logistical one as well - JMU will have no place to host a home playoff game this year unless they play it at a local high school.

umassfan
September 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM
Three Big Sky teams in?!? How do you figure?!?

Haley - you may want to read this thread - http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?74453-Big-Sky-Limited-to-AQ-for-Playoffs/

The worst part is 3 big sky teams with first week byes. Whoever did this is clueless because they have william and mary as a seed with umass not having one and 3 big sky teams with byes

tandemlax
September 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM
Maybe if we lose to Maine this weekend we'll move up to #3! I've never thought of W&M as a team that receives the benefit of the doubt from pollsters but after seeing us remain in the top 10 after a questionable outing on Saturday and now this, that view is beginning to change. Whether its stickiness from last season or a high level of respect for CAA squads, I sure hope the tribe can improve to the point where I feel they once again deserve this type of lofty ranking.

whitey
September 21st, 2010, 03:27 PM

Besides the issues with the teams, there is a logistical one as well - JMU will have no place to host a home playoff game this year unless they play it at a local high school.

JMU will definitely not go someplace else to host a game. However, I'm hearing some rumors JMU might be looking at ways to adjust the construction schedule and push some work to the right in order to host. No idea if that's true or not. Regardless, we need to worry about winning about 7 more games to even think about this.

TexasTerror
September 21st, 2010, 03:40 PM
The worst part is 3 big sky teams with first week byes. Whoever did this is clueless because they have william and mary as a seed with umass not having one and 3 big sky teams with byes

We've seen bad brackets from Haley since we started this... this is of no surprise. A few of his scenarios couldn't even play out.

Better all coming up with our own and treating Haley's like Pete's Power Poll! :)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?74546-Week-3-Playoff-Prognostications

jstclmet
September 21st, 2010, 04:01 PM

JMU cannot play at Bridgeforth, but they can host at Robbins Stadium, City Stadium if they want a larger venue in Richmond, Lane Stadium in Blacksburg might be available, then there's a field in Charlottesville, that will probably be available too.

JMUNJ08
September 21st, 2010, 05:06 PM
JMU cannot play at Bridgeforth, but they can host at Robbins Stadium, City Stadium if they want a larger venue in Richmond, Lane Stadium in Blacksburg might be available, then there's a field in Charlottesville, that will probably be available too.

Richmond and Blacksburg are 2+ hours away and to host/ generate a good crowd would not be truly possible. UVA was thrown around with another stadium (Liberty/VMI) which are much closer and under an hour. Either way I think we are on the road in the playoffs unless '08 repeats itself...

JMUNJ08
September 21st, 2010, 05:08 PM
My real question is it is this guys job to make predictions and follow the teams. We are people who just have a passion for FCS and our teams/alma maters. How can WE come up with a better bracket? I want my cut of his paycheck!

Dblue
September 21st, 2010, 05:30 PM
I think it's a little foolish to predict the playoff bracket when many teams have played only 1 FCS game. Throwing our 2 cents in when TT has his weekly thread is one thing, but for TSN to float this crap? I think I'll start a new thread myself,
Projected 2011 FCS bracket xrotatehx