PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Week #4 predictions

The Cats
September 19th, 2010, 03:56 PM
The SoCon goes into high gear in conference play during week 4.

Welcome to the free for all.... Pick 'em.... the winners are in bold:

Chattanooga at Western Carolina
The Citadel at Furman
Elon at Georgia Southern
Appalachian State at Samford

Wofford (OPEN DATE)

SideLine Shooter
September 19th, 2010, 04:02 PM
CHATTY at WCU
The Citadel at Furman
Elon at GSU
ASU at Sammy

atlfcsfan
September 19th, 2010, 04:32 PM
CHATTY at WCU
The Citadel at Furman
Elon at GSU
ASU at Sammy

biggie
September 19th, 2010, 04:48 PM
CHATTY at WCU
The Citadel at Furman
Elon at GSU
ASU at Sammy
Ditto

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 19th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Chattanooga at Western Carolina - expect an offensive shootout and a close game in this one.
The Citadel at Furman - Furman will show The Citadel why they were competitive with USC the hard way.
Elon at Georgia Southern - Elon is hurting as GSU makes its way to restore their former glory.
Appalachian State at Samford - ASU is no Newberry.

utcfan
September 19th, 2010, 05:04 PM
UTC>WCU
Furman>The Citadel
Elon>Georgia Southern
ASU>Samford

kdinva
September 19th, 2010, 06:06 PM
The SoCon goes into high gear in conference play during week 4.

UTC 34, WCU 17
Furman 33, The Citadel 18
App. St. 38; Samford 16
GSU 32; Elon 28

Dinman31
September 19th, 2010, 07:27 PM
UTC 40 WCU 17
Furman 42 The Citadel 14
ASU 35 Samford 17
Elon 31 GSU 21

UCMoc
September 19th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Chattanooga at Western Carolina If the offense keeps the pace they had this weekend, this should not be close.
The Citadel at Furman By two scores or more.
Elon at Georgia Southern Elon's struggles are only temporary, and (the)GSU is no Richmond.
Appalachian State at Samford Bulldogs keep it tight for a half, but ASU blows it open late.

GaSouthern
September 19th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Chattanooga at Western Carolina I think WCU could do better than many expect and keep this somewhat close
The Citadel at Furman Furman seems to have it this season and they are playing at home
Elon at Georgia Southern Playing at home but it will be CLOSE, could be the best matchup this week
Appalachian State at Samford App wins by 21

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2010, 08:20 PM
UTC in the battle of what used to be the two cellar dwellers.

Furman owes the Citadel a black eye. Cadets rarely play well in Greenville.

Elon steps up and gets a big road game. GSU still hasn't seen a good passing game.

App State big.

Gringer1
September 19th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Elon steps up and gets a big road game. GSU still hasn't seen a good passing game.

If you watched the CCU game, then you saw that they had a great passing attack. Their receivers are highly athletic and their quaterback can put passes right on the money. However, CCU's QB and receiver combos are the most underrated in the FCS. Elon has the players to gash GSU's defense if the Eagles don't shore up against the big pass play before saturday, but they will be hard pressed to put on a better show than Coastal's group.

PaladinFan
September 20th, 2010, 07:16 AM
If you watched the CCU game, then you saw that they had a great passing attack. Their receivers are highly athletic and their quaterback can put passes right on the money. However, CCU's QB and receiver combos are the most underrated in the FCS. Elon has the players to gash GSU's defense if the Eagles don't shore up against the big pass play before saturday, but they will be hard pressed to put on a better show than Coastal's group.

Right. Wasn't trying to take away anything from Coastal. I do think Elon does pose problems for the Eagles. If a winless Big South team can throw the ball on the defense, stands to chance that potentially the best passer in SoCon history could too.

Smitty
September 20th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Chattanooga at Western Carolina 27-14
While coming off of their first win WCU is still struggling at offense. Chattanooga however has a better offense and will tire out the WCU defense.

The Citadel at Furman 35-17

Elon at Georgia Southern 24-21

Appalachian State at Samford 42-7

Unfortunately you have your good teams and then your bad teams...

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 20th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Furman wipes the floor with El Cid.

In the other three games I agree Elon, App., and Chatty are the favorites but these games being in Statesboro, Birmingham, and Cullowhee could make it interesting. Don't count Western and Samford out yet. Samford still has good talent and Western beat the Gardner-Webb team that beat Akron.

PaladinFan
September 20th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Furman wipes the floor with El Cid.

In the other three games I agree Elon, App., and Chatty are the favorites but these games being in Statesboro, Birmingham, and Cullowhee could make it interesting. Don't count Western and Samford out yet. Samford still has good talent and Western beat the Gardner-Webb team that beat Akron.

I'd like to see if Samford has any fight in them. They are not a quick strike offense, and could play keep away. Disspointing start to the season for the Bulldogs, but they have talent.

Mntneer
September 20th, 2010, 11:48 AM
CHATTY at WCU
The Citadel at Furman
Elon at GSU
ASU at Sammy

This. But I say GSU/Elon is the most likely game to go the other way; I was disappointed that Elon couldn't put UR away last week.

longtimemocfan
September 20th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Chattanooga escapes WCU

Furman gets revenge from last year against The Citadel

Elon in what could be a toss-up game over GSU

ASU a hard fought win over some gritty dogs

chattanoogamocs
September 20th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Chattanooga (Mocs mantra last week was "FINISH"...they finished at home, now let's see if they can finish on the road)
Furman (The Citadel still has a crap ton of things to work out)
Appalachian State (until they actually lose a SoCon game, I am not picking against them...even when they play the Mocs)
and Elon (toss up game...I have no clue...I picked Elon because GSU is still working back into the 3O)

GunsAndGuitars
September 20th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Chatty (Gardner-Webb was a good start for WCU but the kittens haven't shown me they've stopped asking teams for permission to be on the field...we'll see)
Furman (They're not back yet, but they get this one taken care of)
Go 'Neers (they haven't had a strong showing on the road yet though...it could be closer than expected)
Elon (I dislike Elon more for what it's worth though)

catamount man
September 20th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Western Carolina
Furman
Appalachian State
Georgia Southern

elon77
September 21st, 2010, 08:09 AM
I'm not trying to jump subject here, and I might have missed it somewhere, but I see in my local Va. newspaper that Furman lost their QB for the year Saturday. Can someone bring this to light if it hasn't already been done and will this have any effect on the rest of your season. Maybe your second string QB is just as good as your starter. Any info? Thanks.

biggie
September 21st, 2010, 08:11 AM
I'm not trying to jump subject here, and I might have missed it somewhere, but I see in my local Va. newspaper that Furman lost their QB for the year Saturday. Can someone bring this to light if it hasn't already been done and will this have any effect on the rest of your season. Maybe your second string QB is just as good as your starter. Any info? Thanks.
According to most FU fans the backup is not much of a change, possibly a better passer, but less of a runner.

insideout08
September 21st, 2010, 08:20 AM

Forcier was a blazing fast runner, while Worley is more multiple. Worley tossed 3 TD passes against Colgate and played all but about 6 plays against South Carolina. He was the starter at South Carolina and will continue to be the rest of the year.

I miss having the option of using both QBs, but I don't feel nearly as bad after seeing Worley perform.

Woof
September 21st, 2010, 08:26 AM
Chattanooga at Western Carolina... Mocs take this one in an offensive shoot out.

The Citadel at Furman - As much as I detest the Furples, the cupboard is a bit empty in Chucktown at present...... hopefully Barnies get their's next week in Sparkle Cityxnodx

Elon at Georgia Southern- Close game, but not yet sold on the Pigeons...going with the home field advantage and athleticism of GSU.

Appalachian State at Samford-App picks up some more Mo, but not a cake walk.

Wofford- Coach Ayers will have us watching 2 straight weeks of replays of last year's debacle with the Pukesxcoachxxflamemadx.... T-Dogs need to be ready to spit nails the following week.xhypedx

OL FU
September 21st, 2010, 08:37 AM

To add to the comments and as stated before, Worley started the USC game so I am not sure that we lost our starter. Forcier started the Colgate game but in my opinion, except for Forcier's long TD run, Worley moved the O more effectively. It will certainly hurt. While there has been lots of debate on platooning QBs, Forcier added the dimension of incredible speed at the QB position. So his loss is not a good thing. On the other hand, Worley seems to be the better passer and is quite capable of running down the field. We also have two other backup QBs, Derrick and Hollingsworth that are just as capable, just not as experienced. QB should not be a problem for FU in the upcoming years.

Woof
September 21st, 2010, 08:49 AM
QB should not be a problem for FU in the upcoming years. Sorry to hear that, but just as long as wins are, then I suppose that's ok.xlolxxlolxxlolx

SouthernEagle02
September 21st, 2010, 10:19 AM
Chattanooga (1-2, 0-1) at Western Carolina (1-2, 0-0)
The Mocs travel to Cullowhee to continue their 2010 SoCon campaign after defeating Eastern Kentucky 42-24. In the victory, UTC racked up over 500 yards offense, with 375 coming from the air attack. The Moc’s defense also helped the cause by forcing a fumble & intercepting 3 passes and holding the Colonel offense to a low 27% 3rd down conversion rate. Western comes in riding a one game win streak, defeating Gardner Webb 28-14. On paper, the Cats should’ve lost the game as they were outgained by 146 yards. However, GW’s QB seemingly self destructed by tossing 4 interceptions while WC’s D held the Bulldogs scoreless for 3 quarters. The Mocs are the #2 team in total offense in the SoCon while the Cats are dead last. Look for BJ Coleman to break 1,000 passing yards for the season during UTC’s defeat of the Catamounts.
UTC 45 WC 21

The Citadel (2-1, 0-0) at Furman (1-1, 0-0)
After a tough loss to South Carolina, Furman returns to Paladin Stadium to open SoCon play against The Citadel. In the loss, Furman lost their starting QB Forcier for the season, but saw Cody Worley come in and throw for 189 yards. On paper, both FU and SC were pretty even in total offense (325-374), but Furman gave up 7 sacks. The Bulldogs recovered from their thrashing by Arizona and defeated Presbyterian 26-14. The Bulldogs option attack garnered 359 rushing yards and 13 first downs, while the defense held the Blue Hose to 212 total offensive yards and had 3 interceptions. The Paladins come in having faced a good SEC team while the Bulldogs faced a weak Big South team. Since the game is in Greenville and if the Paladins can rally behind Worley, look for Furman to start SoCon play with a win. However, if the Bulldog D can play like it did against Presbyterian, well.
Furman 38 Citadel 28

Appalachian State (3-0, 1-0) at Samford (2-1, 0-0)
App St. travels to Birmingham after dispensing of NC Central to face the Bulldogs of Samford University. In their whooping of the Eagles 44-16, the Mountaineers managed to post over 500 yards most of which surprisingly came on the ground. The Mountaineer D kept NC Central in check by forcing 6 punts and 2 interceptions. Samford comes in after struggling to beat D2 Newberry 38-35. The Bulldogs were outgained offensively 453-395, penalized 11 times, and tossed 2 interceptions. Seeing as App occupies the #1 spot in total offense in the SoCon and Samford the #7 defense, this game has the potential to get ugly. The Mountaineers maintain their spot on top of the SoCon mountain.
App St 54 Samford 14

Elon (1-2, 0-0) at Georgia Southern (2-1, 0-0)
Elon opens their 2010 SoCon campaign in Statesboro, facing off against Georgia Southern. The Phoenix comes in having suffered a tough loss to the Spiders of Richmond 27-21. Scott Riddle continued his trend of tossing for more than 200 yards, by throwing for 319, 3 TD’s, and the late score that sent the game to OT. Both teams were pretty even offensively, but I believe it was the two missed FG’s that cost Elon the win. Georgia Southern returns home after defeating Coastal Carolina 43-26. In all honesty, this game was a lot closer than the score represents. The Eagles were outgained in total yards, had 3 fumbles and gave up a sack. The Eagle D however kept GS in the game by forcing 2 fumbles (recovering 1 for a TD) & intercepting Zach MacDowell twice. While the Eagles post the #1 defense in the SoCon, the consensus of the group is that Elon will leave the Boro with the victory, by way of Scott Riddle. While I cannot see the Eagles holding the Phoenix to under 200 yards passing, I do believe they are now aware of their deficiencies in the secondary thanks to an underrated CCU offense. Look for this game to go down to the wire.
Georgia Southern 38 Elon 35

insideout08
September 21st, 2010, 11:07 AM
After a tough loss to South Carolina, Furman returns to Paladin Stadium to open SoCon play against The Citadel. In the loss, Furman lost their starting QB Forcier for the season, but saw Cody Worley come in and throw for 189 yards. On paper, both FU and SC were pretty even in total offense (325-374), but Furman gave up 7 sacks. The Bulldogs recovered from their thrashing by Arizona and defeated Presbyterian 26-14. The Bulldogs option attack garnered 359 rushing yards and 13 first downs, while the defense held the Blue Hose to 212 total offensive yards and had 3 interceptions. The Paladins come in having faced a good SEC team while the Bulldogs faced a weak Big South team. Since the game is in Greenville and if the Paladins can rally behind Worley, look for Furman to start SoCon play with a win. However, if the Bulldog D can play like it did against Presbyterian, well.
Furman 38 Citadel 28

[/B]

As has been mentioned numerous times in this thread... Worley started, Forcier entered the game at the 13:43 mark of the 2nd quarter and played five snaps before going out with an injury. Worley also took about 60% of the snaps against Colgate.

http://furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/2010-11/fur0918.htm#GAME.PLY

PaladinFan
September 21st, 2010, 11:18 AM
Forcier's loss is impactful insofar as Furman loses a great athlete. Forcier's injury does not, however, really throw a wrench in the spokes of the offense. Worley is a fast runner and accurate passer. He's not as fast as Forcier, but neither is any other quarterback in the SoCon.

Furman still has a very good corps of receivers, three great backs, a good o-line, and now one good quarterback instead of two. For those thinking that the Paladins were somehow going to derail, you are obviously unfamiliar with Cody Worley. There's a good reason that Lamb didn't announce his starter until the day of the Colgate game in week two and even then played both. The drop off, if any, is miniscule.

OL FU
September 21st, 2010, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear that, but just as long as wins are, then I suppose that's ok.xlolxxlolxxlolx

After that stunning Wofford record last year, it is always better to look inwardxsmiley_wix

asknoquarter21
September 21st, 2010, 11:36 AM
Seeing that Forcier went down first looked like a big blow, but when I actually looked at the stats (as well as comments by FU fans) I realize Worley is the better QB anyway. Seems like a better Jordan Sorrells or lesser Ingle Martin.

As for the predictions

Chatty
Furman
ASU
Elon

Saint3333
September 21st, 2010, 11:44 AM
Who is Worley's backup, does he have any experience?

PaladinFan
September 21st, 2010, 12:41 PM
Who is Worley's backup, does he have any experience?

Likely Sophomore Dakota Derrick. Played some in the Colgate blowout and threw a touchdown pass. Listed at 6'4 204. I've never gotten the impression he's a runner, but put up really good passing numbers in high school.

Behind him is redshirt Freshman Josh Hollingsworth. I believe Hollingsworth committed to Miss. State and then decomitted when they changed coaches. He's supposed to be more of the dual threat athlete.

In all honesty, I think Furman fans are fairly comfortable with all three.

biggie
September 21st, 2010, 01:34 PM
Likely Sophomore Dakota Derrick. Played some in the Colgate blowout and threw a touchdown pass. Listed at 6'4 204.
Wow that's skinny.

OL FU
September 21st, 2010, 01:55 PM
Wow that's skinny.

Jealous?

biggie
September 21st, 2010, 02:55 PM
Jealous?
I'm 6'4", if I weighed 200lbs I'd break my leg by walking.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 21st, 2010, 05:14 PM
Elon (I dislike Elon more for what it's worth though)

Oh my how we have fallen. xoopsx

xlolx

Elon opens their 2010 SoCon campaign in Statesboro, facing off against Georgia Southern. The Phoenix comes in having suffered a tough loss to the Spiders of Richmond 27-21. Scott Riddle continued his trend of tossing for more than 200 yards, by throwing for 319, 3 TD’s, and the late score that sent the game to OT. Both teams were pretty even offensively, but I believe it was the two missed FG’s that cost Elon the win. Georgia Southern returns home after defeating Coastal Carolina 43-26. In all honesty, this game was a lot closer than the score represents. The Eagles were outgained in total yards, had 3 fumbles and gave up a sack. The Eagle D however kept GS in the game by forcing 2 fumbles (recovering 1 for a TD) & intercepting Zach MacDowell twice. While the Eagles post the #1 defense in the SoCon, the consensus of the group is that Elon will leave the Boro with the victory, by way of Scott Riddle. While I cannot see the Eagles holding the Phoenix to under 200 yards passing, I do believe they are now aware of their deficiencies in the secondary thanks to an underrated CCU offense. Look for this game to go down to the wire.

No way does either offense put up that many points.

PhoenixMan
September 21st, 2010, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=FCS_pwns_FBS;1557013]Oh my how we have fallen. xoopsx

xlolx

Yes, when was the last time GSU beat Elon? 2005??xlolx

CropDuster
September 21st, 2010, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=FCS_pwns_FBS;1557013]Oh my how we have fallen. xoopsx

xlolx

Yes, when was the last time GSU beat Elon? 2005??xlolx

You were one of 3 teams that BVG managed to beat during his one year stint in 2006.

AGS OWNER
September 21st, 2010, 07:52 PM
Chattanooga at Western Carolina I think WCU could do better than many expect and keep this somewhat close
The Citadel at Furman
Elon at Georgia Southern
I don't predict App gamesxnonox

appfan2008
September 22nd, 2010, 09:45 AM
CHATTY at WCU
The Citadel at Furman
Elon at GSU
ASU at Sammy

PaladinFan
September 22nd, 2010, 10:05 AM
WCU fans

What was the difference in week 2 and week 3? I would have expected a win over Tusculum and a loss to GWU. What looked different?

appfan2008
September 22nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
from my count on the post 2 above they should be 1-7 against the top 10

Smitty
September 22nd, 2010, 11:32 AM
WCU fans

What was the difference in week 2 and week 3? I would have expected a win over Tusculum and a loss to GWU. What looked different?

A few differences, Zack Jaynes was battling an injury in the first two games but he decided to retire. So we have Zac Brindise leading the offense instead. We also have Marquel Pittman who was suspended from the first two games for some violation but is one of the leading receivers.

Not saying that all of these will create a miracle but we are getting better

insideout08
September 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
WCU fans

I'm not a WCU fan, but looking at the stats of both games, the defense was the main difference. WCU forced SIX turnovers against Gardner-Webb and won despite GWU running 94 plays to WCU's 49. That is a huge discrepancy in plays.

WCU's offense was much less effective, albeit against a better defensive team.

http://www.catamountsports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2010-2011/wcu0918.html

http://www.catamountsports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2010-2011/wcu0911.html

gophoenix
September 22nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
from my count on the post 2 above they should be 1-7 against the top 10

Correct.....

phoenixphanatic21
September 22nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Chattanooga at WCU - Chatty
The Citadel at Furman - Furman
Elon at GSU -Elon
ASU at Samford - App

SU DOG
September 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
Somehow, I thought this was supposed to be a PREDICTION thread. Anyhow, here are my picks:
Furman
UTC
Elon
Now that leaves App @ Samford. I didn't want to pick against my Dogs, nor did I want to be an illogical homer. I tried to find some evidence that would support my pick. Our play so far this year didn't help. Unfortunately, looking for weaknesses in the play of the Mountaineers didn't give me any consolation either. But wait!!! There is an old saying that "history repeats itself". Last season McNeese played D2 Henderson State and managed to win with a late comeback. The margin was THREE POINTS. The next week they played App State and beat them 45-40. This year Samford played D2 Newberry and won with a late comeback also. The margin was THREE POINTS. This week Samford plays App State. Hmmm... It is obvious... Samford by FIVE. xlolx xlolx

GaSouthern
September 22nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Now that leaves App @ Samford. I didn't want to pick against my Dogs, nor did I want to be an illogical homer. I tried to find some evidence that would support my pick. Our play so far this year didn't help. Unfortunately, looking for weaknesses in the play of the Mountaineers didn't give me any consolation either. But wait!!! There is an old saying that "history repeats itself". Last season McNeese played D2 Henderson State and managed to win with a late comeback. The margin was THREE POINTS. The next week they played App State and beat them 45-40. This year Samford played D2 Newberry and won with a late comeback also. The margin was THREE POINTS. This week Samford plays App State. Hmmm... It is obvious... Samford by FIVE. xlolx xlolx

I know you were joking and while appy is the favorite in this game there is no doubt that this will not be a cake walk.

PaladinFan
September 22nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
I know you were joking and while appy is the favorite in this game there is no doubt that this will not be a cake walk.

Agreed. It's been a few weeks since App has suited up against a good team. They might be a bit rusty heading back into SoCon play against a usually tough Samford defense.

james_lawfirm
September 22nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Somehow, I thought this was supposed to be a PREDICTION thread. Anyhow, here are my picks:
Furman
UTC
Elon

SU Dog:

Looking forward to my first trip ever to Samford this Sat. My wife & 2 sons are flying down Sat. morning & meeting my cousins from Tuscaloosa (Alabama fans). I know its going to be hot & muggy down there.

Anyway, cute post. I love to see optimism & you had to work so hard for that conclusion, you are to be commended. I hope it is a good game. I think it will be.

I have been to the last two App games so far (this year). This year's team looks real good, necessary improvements have been found and made. No weak spots on offense, defense, or special teams. App has size on the DL & OL & speed everywhere else. (In fact, this is the biggest team, in terms of tonnage, that I can recall.) For the most part, App is well-coached & disciplined. I say "for the most part" b/c I would like to see more blitzing sometimes & we still have too many penalties. We can run the ball if the Bulldogs let us & throw it if not.

My only concern is that your concession stand might run out of water. Here's to a good game & best of luck to you & yours.

SU DOG
September 22nd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Thank You. Classy Post. Welcome to Samford. You will see a BEAUTIFUL campus and nice folks.

OL FU
September 22nd, 2010, 04:44 PM
Furman
UTC
Elon

Sounds logical to mexnodxxlolx

OL FU
September 22nd, 2010, 04:47 PM
I think I have stayed out of this so far but what they heck I will pick

FU
Chatt
ASU
Elon

and if those are different than what I said before, well I changed my mindxlolx

I think all four have the potential to be close. In the order I most likely get my picks wrong

Elon
ASU
Chatt
FU

Right or wrong I am pretty confident about hanging one on the hops.

chattanoogamocs
September 23rd, 2010, 03:32 AM
Chattanooga (1-2, 0-1) at Western Carolina (1-2, 0-0)
The Mocs travel to Cullowhee to continue their 2010 SoCon campaign after defeating Eastern Kentucky 42-24. In the victory, UTC racked up over 500 yards offense, with 375 coming from the air attack. The Moc’s defense also helped the cause by forcing a fumble & intercepting 3 passes and holding the Colonel offense to a low 27% 3rd down conversion rate. Western comes in riding a one game win streak, defeating Gardner Webb 28-14. On paper, the Cats should’ve lost the game as they were outgained by 146 yards. However, GW’s QB seemingly self destructed by tossing 4 interceptions while WC’s D held the Bulldogs scoreless for 3 quarters. The Mocs are the #2 team in total offense in the SoCon while the Cats are dead last. Look for BJ Coleman to break 1,000 passing yards for the season during UTC’s defeat of the Catamounts.
UTC 45 WC 21

Furman 38 Citadel 28

Appalachian State (3-0, 1-0) at Samford (2-1, 0-0)
App St. travels to Birmingham after dispensing of NC Central to face the Bulldogs of Samford University. In their whooping of the Eagles 44-16, the Mountaineers managed to post over 500 yards most of which surprisingly came on the ground. The Mountaineer D kept NC Central in check by forcing 6 punts and 2 interceptions. Samford comes in after struggling to beat D2 Newberry 38-35. The Bulldogs were outgained offensively 453-395, penalized 11 times, and tossed 2 interceptions. Seeing as App occupies the #1 spot in total offense in the SoCon and Samford the #7 defense, this game has the potential to get ugly. The Mountaineers maintain their spot on top of the SoCon mountain.
App St 54 Samford 14

I always enjoy your commentary on each weeks picks.