PDA

View Full Version : Attendances - Week 3

TheBisonator
September 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
What kind of crowds did you get??

17,340 at the Fargodome for NDSU vs. Morgan State

darell1976
September 19th, 2010, 03:54 PM
9,719 at the Alerus Center for UND vs D2 Northeastern St (OK)

bulldog10jw
September 19th, 2010, 04:04 PM
9358 hardy souls braved the sunny skies and 70 degree temps and packed the Yale Bowl for Georgetown. xhurrayx xsmileyclapx

james_lawfirm
September 19th, 2010, 04:04 PM
29,215 to see NC Central at The Rock, 5th largest in school history.

Wait till we play a game that counts.

Elon & The Citadel could be record breaking crowds ... Elon b/c they think they can beat us & The Citadel b/c it's a 6:00 kickoff.

Madisonian
September 19th, 2010, 04:08 PM

Elon & The Citadel could be record breaking crowds ... Elon b/c they think they can beat us & The Citadel b/c it's a 6:00 kickoff.

That is awesome! Interestingly we had no one turn out for our game vs. BYE.

DFW HOYA
September 19th, 2010, 04:09 PM
9358 hardy souls braved the sunny skies and 70 degree temps and packed the Yale Bowl for Georgetown. xhurrayx xsmileyclapx

Where was everyone? Was the religious holiday a factor?

bulldog10jw
September 19th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Where was everyone? Was the religious holiday a factor?

Maybe, but except for Harvard and sometimes Princeton, Yale usually only gets 15-20k for Ivy games. OOC games don't even do that well. And that's with perfect weather. If it had been raining yesterday, you would have been able to count the attendees yourself...in a few seconds.

NovaWildcat
September 19th, 2010, 04:29 PM
12,111 at a SOLD OUT Villanova Stadium to see the Cats romp Towson.

Was parents weekend, always a well attended game. Should be interesting to see how we draw for a night game next Saturday against Penn.

BEAR
September 19th, 2010, 04:29 PM
12,088 showed up to see Murray State take on UCA at Estes Stadium.

SoCalAg
September 19th, 2010, 04:31 PM
2562 poor souls watched UC Davis beat San Diego in San Diego. Guess Chargers fans aren't the only ones not going to games these days down there.

TexasTerror
September 19th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Here's average attendances through this past week...

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2010/Internet/attendance/FCS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

UAalum72
September 19th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Maybe, but except for Harvard and sometimes Princeton, Yale usually only gets 15-20k for Ivy games. OOC games don't even do that well. And that's with perfect weather. If it had been raining yesterday, you would have been able to count the attendees yourself...in a few seconds.
Harvard had over 21,000 for a night game with Holy Cross. Penn was over 11K, other Ivies were pretty low.

I've noticed some sites (Yahoo!, CBS Sportsline) not listing attendance as part of the box scores this year. Looks like they'd rather put in fantasy-type stats instead.

superman7515
September 19th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Congrats to North Carolina A&T and Georgia Southern. Attendance is up 4,000 a game over their average last year.

superman7515
September 19th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Oh and Delaware vs Duquesne came in at a disappointing 18,922. Despite two undefeated teams and beautiful weather, attendance declined. Duquesne didn't travel especially well, but that's no excuse. Again, props go out to SDSU who traveled to Delaware better than Duquesne who was only driving down from Pittsburgh.

JSU02
September 19th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Here's average attendances through this past week...

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2010/Internet/attendance/FCS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

Odd seeing Jax State at number 3, but I gotta admit, I like it :)

darell1976
September 19th, 2010, 06:22 PM
South Alabamas stadium holds 77,000?? Holy crap where do they play?? UND and USD not bad attendance for a game against a D2 opponent.

#36!!! If you included all the re-classifying teams.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 19th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Oh and Delaware vs Duquesne came in at a disappointing 18,922. Despite two undefeated teams and beautiful weather, attendance declined. Duquesne didn't travel especially well, but that's no excuse. Again, props go out to SDSU who traveled to Delaware better than Duquesne who was only driving down from Pittsburgh.

What's up with Delaware attendance this year? While I was a student I hardly ever remember it being under 20,000. If I still lived in Delaware I'd be at every home game.

I can only imagine Duquesne didn't draw a lot because everyone sort of expected the blowout the happened (although for whatever reason, Westchester still draws the crowds). CAA play should help increase the crowds, and with Homecoming and Parents Weekend both on the radar for the future that will help, but still, only a shade under 19K? Maybe it's the economy and more people having to work on Saturdays to keep the bills paid.

401ks
September 19th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Again, props go out to SDSU who traveled to Delaware better than Duquesne who was only driving down from Pittsburgh.

Any excuse to get out of South Dakota? :D

superman7515
September 19th, 2010, 07:05 PM
What's up with Delaware attendance this year? While I was a student I hardly ever remember it being under 20,000. If I still lived in Delaware I'd be at every home game.

Go over to gohens and everyone is trying to decide whether the blame lies with the economy or Delaware instituting mandatory donations for parking and next year for tickets. The student section was down this past game as well.

TexasTerror
September 19th, 2010, 07:06 PM
South Alabamas stadium holds 77,000?? Holy crap where do they play??

Ladd-Peebles, home of the Senior Bowl... in Mobile, Ala.

http://southgaeagle.younce.net/images/stadiums/laddpeebles.jpg

Twentysix
September 19th, 2010, 07:13 PM
What kind of crowds did you get??

17,340 at the Fargodome for NDSU vs. Morgan State

Tickets sold. I would guesstimate 12000-14000 buts in seats. It was probably the worst attendance ive seen since the 07 SUU game.

Piss poor attendance. Im really dissapointed.

The only positive of the attendance was the students, I would say there were over 3500 students by the middle of the 1st quarter.

darell1976
September 19th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Tickets sold. I would guesstimate 12000-14000 buts in seats. It was probably the worst attendance ive seen since the 07 SUU game.

The only positive of the attendance was the students, I would say there were over 3500 students by the middle of the 1st quarter.

I would expect a full house this Saturday with fans from Vermillion making the trip plus seeing a VERY familiar foe come to town. Should be a good game.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 19th, 2010, 07:51 PM
11,702 on hand to watch EWU win in a thriller against UM. Stadium AND student attendance records. What a memorable game. :D

VUCats02
September 19th, 2010, 07:56 PM
The nova game was absolutely packed. It was so good to see a full stadium. True, it was parents weekend, but parents weekend last year was not even close to this year. Hopefully the good turnouts continue.

BamaJag13
September 19th, 2010, 08:03 PM
South Alabamas stadium holds 77,000?? Holy crap where do they play?? UND and USD not bad attendance for a game against a D2 opponent.

#36!!! If you included all the re-classifying teams.

It only holds about 38,800. Not sure where they got 77.

darell1976
September 19th, 2010, 08:08 PM
It only holds about 38,800. Not sure where they got 77.

Maybe it was the total of the two games played?

BamaJag13
September 19th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Maybe it was the total of the two games played?

Probably.

ODUsmitty
September 19th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Old Dominion was sold out and packed with 19,782 and had another hundred viewing from the "free" parking garage.

Great atmosphere vs future CAA rival William and Mary.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Attendance in the northeast seems a little better than last year. If I recall we had some really bad weather here most weekends last season. More than 21,000 for Harvard - Holy Cross is very nice.

msusig
September 19th, 2010, 09:15 PM
19,235 after only one game vs. Lamar. It was nice to see a visiting crowd come to "The Hole". I wish more teams from the FCS would travel well.

TheBisonator
September 19th, 2010, 09:25 PM

Scotty Miller on the radio said that it looked like around 17K were there, so I dunno...

To me, watching the webcast, it didn't look as low as 13K, but it wasn't as high as the posted attendance. Maybe 15-16K??

ngineer
September 19th, 2010, 09:28 PM
6,342 in Goodman to see Lehigh beat Princeton, 35-22. Disappointing crowd given that Princeton is only an hour and a half way. I doubt the student section and sound endzone bank had over 1,000. I sense a cultural shift in student interest with 'better things to do' on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. At the same time, four years of mediocrity has also contributed to the downturn. Ten years ago there would have been 10,000 at this game.

SouthernEagle02
September 19th, 2010, 09:31 PM
So where are all the rabid GaSt. fans posting their attendance numbers? I thought they said they would outdraw 99% of FCS teams?xlolx

RabidRabbit
September 19th, 2010, 09:35 PM
12,245 for the SDSU/IL St Cereal Bowl. Had Oct, early Nov. temps for the game (low 50's) for the game, kind of unusual for mid Sept.

jlcharles
September 19th, 2010, 09:53 PM
The nova game was absolutely packed. It was so good to see a full stadium. True, it was parents weekend, but parents weekend last year was not even close to this year. Hopefully the good turnouts continue.

What game was Parents' Weekend last year?

seantaylor
September 19th, 2010, 09:55 PM

There wasn't more than 20,000 there. I have no idea how Appy counts their attendance.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2010, 09:57 PM
6,342 in Goodman to see Lehigh beat Princeton, 35-22. Disappointing crowd given that Princeton is only an hour and a half way. I doubt the student section and sound endzone bank had over 1,000. I sense a cultural shift in student interest with 'better things to do' on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. At the same time, four years of mediocrity has also contributed to the downturn. Ten years ago there would have been 10,000 at this game.

Do you really think there were only 6300 people there yesterday? I honestly thought it was a good crowd. I don't see anyway the stadium wasn't at least half full. There had to be close to 6,000 people on the home side alone imo.

I also believe there were more than 8100 last week.

I'm trying to figure out how they're getting these attendance figures.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 19th, 2010, 10:25 PM
There wasn't more than 20,000 there. I have no idea how Appy counts their attendance.

Considering Kidd Brewer is supposed to max out at a little over 21,000 people, I was a bit curious how they managed to stick an extra 8,000 in. I've never been to that stadium though, is there a lot of standing room or a hill that people watch from?

yosef1969
September 19th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Considering Kidd Brewer is supposed to max out at a little over 21,000 people, I was a bit curious how they managed to stick an extra 8,000 in. I've never been to that stadium though, is there a lot of standing room or a hill that people watch from?

Yes, enough room on the hill in the south endzone to hold up to an additional 10-11K. The ticket office has only cut off SRO ticket sales once that I know of and that was the game following the win at Michigan where there were 30K+ on hand.
ASU counts tickets sold, a lot of season ticket holders chose to pass on the NCCU game. Back to back weaker opponents hurt actual attendance. Expect to see packed houses for the Elon, Citadel, Wofford and FU games.

Twentysix
September 20th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Scotty Miller on the radio said that it looked like around 17K were there, so I dunno...

To me, watching the webcast, it didn't look as low as 13K, but it wasn't as high as the posted attendance. Maybe 15-16K??

You probably only saw the student section side then. The side across the field (bison side) was empty. Tops it was 1/2 full. It really was the worst butts in seat [home]game since the last time we played SUU.

The visitor side of the stadium was filled in alot better. I think there is a better density of season ticket holders on that side or something.

Twentysix
September 20th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I dont think this will be a trend by any means, we could break 19k twice or 3 or even 4 times this year. USD SDSU SIU and Homecomeing all have the potential. A playoff game would aswell.

I would surmise 19k v USD and a win means 19k at homecomeing. (alumni close enough for impromptu bison games will take the spots of the traveling yotes.)

DFW HOYA
September 20th, 2010, 02:59 AM

Mediocrity? Try telling that to students in Washington DC that have seen one home win in the last four seasons. To their credit, students keep showing up, though.

Horseshoe App
September 20th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Please crawl back in hole where you came from and only reply when you have a comment with a little common sense!!!

Col Hogan
September 20th, 2010, 06:28 AM
110,187 mostly quiet Michigan fans watched UMass expose the Wolverine defense for the rest of the Big 10...

UAalum72
September 20th, 2010, 06:50 AM
So where are all the rabid GaSt. fans posting their attendance numbers? I thought they said they would outdraw 99% of FCS teams?xlolx
16,128 in attendance for GSU

Eaglesrus
September 20th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Congrats to North Carolina A&T and Georgia Southern. Attendance is up 4,000 a game over their average last year.

On behalf of GSU, thanks. Our "average" is based on one home game so far, but I sense that the fanbase is really energized and I think that there is a very good chance that we'll have more at this Saturday's game with Elon than the 20,430 we had at the Savannah State game.

biggie
September 20th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Yes, enough room on the hill in the south endzone to hold up to an additional 10-11K. The ticket office has only cut off SRO ticket sales once that I know of and that was the game following the win at Michigan where there were 30K+ on hand.
ASU counts tickets sold, a lot of season ticket holders chose to pass on the NCCU game. Back to back weaker opponents hurt actual attendance. Expect to see packed houses for the Elon, Citadel, Wofford and FU games.
Student section also is made to sit about 8-9k, but they pack 10-11k into those areas each week.

I would expect over 30k for Homecoming (Elon) and the 'night game (Citadel). Black Saturday (Furman) should be packed due to some early Halloween celebration.

Franks Tanks
September 20th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Do you really think there were only 6300 people there yesterday? I honestly thought it was a good crowd. I don't see anyway the stadium wasn't at least half full. There had to be close to 6,000 people on the home side alone imo.

The away side was virtually empty.

The attendance vs. Nova was on target as well. The home side was full between the 30's but the end of the stands was empty. 3/4 full on the home side equals 6,000. The Nova side was about 1/4 full and they equals 2k.

kperk014
September 20th, 2010, 10:59 AM
I know we aren't up there yet but UNA had 12,644 casually interested fans to watch yet another hollow blow-out even with Auburn-Clemson playing at the same time on ESPN. My heart tells me when we FINALLY move up and start playing meaningful games that our attendance will take a healthy jump. Of course my brain is telling me: Who knows? The spectre of Alabama, Auburn and Tennessee will still be hanging over us so there will be plenty of hard work ahead.

SouthernEagle02
September 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM
16,128 in attendance for GSU
Um yeah, I'm going to call BS on that one. If you watched the game, barely looked like there were 13K there.

AppMan
September 20th, 2010, 11:27 AM

Student section on the west stands is listed at 4250, but those kids pack in there like sardines. The bank can hold a little more than 8,000.

AppMan
September 20th, 2010, 11:31 AM

I am interested to understand how a GSU fan living in Charleston, SC knows how many fans were at a game in Boone. Plese let us in on your insightful knowledge.

Edge316007
September 20th, 2010, 12:02 PM

Incorrect.

Also, I thought the crowd was pretty into it for a game against Central. Pretty dead after the first few series last week

AppAlum2003
September 20th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I am interested to understand how a GSU fan living in Charleston, SC knows how many fans were at a game in Boone. Plese let us in on your insightful knowledge.

Dude, he's seantaylor. He doesn't NEED facts. He makes them up as he goes along.

VUCats02
September 20th, 2010, 02:06 PM
What game was Parents' Weekend last year?

jlcharles, it was northeastern.

ngineer
September 20th, 2010, 10:27 PM

I was sitting in the endzone with my granddaughter up until half time. The home side was barely half full (4,000). There was probably 1500 in the visitors stands and the rest on the endzone bank or walking around. I wish I had taken a picture. SMH.

ngineer
September 20th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Mediocrity? Try telling that to students in Washington DC that have seen one home win in the last four seasons. To their credit, students keep showing up, though.

I haven't seen too many students in the homestands when I've been to G'town twice in the past few years. Lehigh had almost as many people in the visitors stands two years ago. So that's about 1,000 students out of an enrollment of 13,000--not exactly a great percentage turnout. Lehigh gets about 1,000 students out of 4,700 enrollment. However that is down significantly from ten years ago. Yes, one cannot expect to go 10-1 every year. But a 20-24 record over the past four years is mediocrity at its best.

ngineer
September 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM
The away side was virtually empty.

The attendance vs. Nova was on target as well. The home side was full between the 30's but the end of the stands was empty. 3/4 full on the home side equals 6,000. The Nova side was about 1/4 full and they equals 2k.

Agreed.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 20th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Yes, one cannot expect to go 10-1 every year. But a 20-24 record over the past four years is mediocrity at its best.

Do you believe the recent run of LHS the last few years has pulled away some of the local fans? The reemergence of PSU from the early 2000's trainwreck might have cost them a few people as well.

With that said, the biggest factor is the W/L's. A winning season or two and the 10k average will return. The fact that a below average team the last few years is drawing "ok" is a good sign imo.

Temple had about 22k, if you include students, against UCONN on Saturday. We have our best team in 31 years and played against a respectable team and that's the best we could do. That's truely depressing.

NovaWildcat
September 20th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Temple had about 22k, if you include students, against UCONN on Saturday. We have our best team in 31 years and played against a respectable team and that's the best we could do. That's truely depressing.

Temple's announced attendance was 18K+. And if you were there and/or watched the game on TV (which I did on SNY), you'd know actual attendance wasn't anywhere close to that. 15K, at most. Neither sideline was anywhere close to filled and the endzones were empty.

Since you've been pretty vocal about slamming Villanova's attendance, just wanted to point out that we had close to as many people attend on the Main Line just hours later for a game against Towson.

But of course, since Temple can't draw, no one in Philly can.

ngineer
September 21st, 2010, 07:03 AM
Villanova's attendance this week was inflated due to Parents Weekend and gorgeous weather. If you cannot get 12,000 out for a national championship team, you never will. Lehigh's all-time non-Lafayette game attendance was about 16,900 in 1996 on Parents Weekend, a gorgeous day, and with "then" PL power Bucknell the opposition. The real test is when you don't have the 'captive audience'.

As for Go Lehigh's post, I don't think the LHS resurgence should be a factor as most, if not all of their games, are at night, and PSU's past 10 years have been a roller coaster, so I cannot discern a pattern there. I agree that with a quality product on the field attendance will increase, but I question whether we'll ever see the consistent 10-12,000 crowds we did in the last 90's and early '00's.

NovaWildcat
September 21st, 2010, 09:21 AM
Villanova's attendance this week was inflated due to Parents Weekend and gorgeous weather.

And Temple's attendance this week was inflated due to playing UCONN.

My point is that Temple is not an indicator of Villanova's potential attendance (nor is Villanova's current attendance, but if you don't get that by now, ngineer, then it seems you won't obviously won't be swayed).

DFW HOYA
September 21st, 2010, 09:39 AM
I haven't seen too many students in the homestands when I've been to G'town twice in the past few years. Lehigh had almost as many people in the visitors stands two years ago. So that's about 1,000 students out of an enrollment of 13,000--not exactly a great percentage turnout.

Georgetown has 6,000 undergraduates, not 13,000.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2010, 01:06 PM
Villanova's attendance this week was inflated due to Parents Weekend and gorgeous weather. If you cannot get 12,000 out for a national championship team, you never will. Lehigh's all-time non-Lafayette game attendance was about 16,900 in 1996 on Parents Weekend, a gorgeous day, and with "then" PL power Bucknell the opposition. The real test is when you don't have the 'captive audience

The Bucknell game was in 2000. The Colgate games in the late 90's early 2000's all drew 13-14k as well. The LU-CU game this year will determine how he season average pans out. I still think a 11-12k figure would be reached if there's championship implications.

App-a-latch-un
September 21st, 2010, 09:17 PM
Pictures of the packed game against NCCU...There is a good view of the stands on page 2 xhurrayx

http://highcountrypress.com/wp/2010/09/20/mountaineer-football-fan-photos-2/

glsjunior
September 21st, 2010, 10:31 PM

You are right. I apologize. I was ignorant and arrogant. We will only outdraw 90% of FCS schools.

PANTHERS AMONG FCS ATTENDANCE LEADERS

Through three weeks of the 2010 season, Georgia State ranks ninth among all FCS programs in attendance, averaging 19,671 fans at the Georgia Dome.

Georgia State is one of 16 FCS teams are averaging better than 15,000 thus far. Only 32 programs are averaging better than 10,000.

1. Appalachian State 28,961
2. Montana 25,663
3. South Alabama 22,775
4. Jacksonville State 22,186
5. Harvard 21,704
6. North Carolina A&T 21,500
7. Georgia Southern 20,430
8. Old Dominion 19,782
9. Georgia State 19,671
10. Delaware 19,399

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=592447&SPID=5671&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=204997322

seantaylor
September 21st, 2010, 11:20 PM
Pictures of the packed game against NCCU...There is a good view of the stands on page 2 xhurrayx

http://highcountrypress.com/wp/2010/09/20/mountaineer-football-fan-photos-2/

Lots of empty seats. Capacity is what, 20K? I know you have grass seats like us, but no way in hell 30K there.

App-a-latch-un
September 21st, 2010, 11:46 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/appalachian-state-mountaineers-kidd-brewer-stadium/kidd-brewer-stadium.jpg

Not from this game but you can see east side and grass seating, there was a big crowd their Saturday.

AppStsGr8
September 22nd, 2010, 07:18 AM
I was surprised at the 29k announcement Saturday at KBS; my recollection is that the announcement was 29k "tickets sold". It was a great day to sit in the grass endzone. I know some friends of mine moved from the east side oven to the grass about halftime. At any rate, I'll be expecting 29k fannies in the seats come homecoming against Elon. It's great to be a Mountaineer!

ngineer
September 22nd, 2010, 07:57 AM
And Temple's attendance this week was inflated due to playing UCONN.

My point is that Temple is not an indicator of Villanova's potential attendance (nor is Villanova's current attendance, but if you don't get that by now, ngineer, then it seems you won't obviously won't be swayed).

The point is alot of attendance figures are warped. Not due to the the 'draw' of the team, but due to other factors like everyone's "Parents Weekend"..If you don't have a good crowd that weekend you never will. Villanova's attendance potential has been there for decades...Where did it go in the 1970's and 80's?

ngineer
September 22nd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Georgetown has 6,000 undergraduates, not 13,000.

According the Georgetown's handout from their SID last year, "Enrollment: 13,164". I went by their own issue. If they included graduate students, that should have been noted, but it doesn't say that.

appfan2008
September 22nd, 2010, 09:58 AM
A few things to say about ASU's 29k attendance... The way it is counted is by tickets sold and students that walk through the gate... Yes the upper levels of both sides had many open areas where people did not show up but they were counted bc those tickets were sold... Also as someone else pointed out ASU averages over 10.5k students in the stadium each week out of 16k total students that is impressive... they put almost double in there sections which adds up to a lot and also the hill was very full... Oct 9 could be crazy as all seats have been sold and they have been selling hill spots only for some time now... if the weather is good (cross fingers) and both ASU and Elon are undefeated in SOCON play and it is homecoming... it will be the largest crowd ever probably approaching 31k or more depending on when they stop selling tickets... Great to be a mountaineer...

biggie
September 22nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Lots of empty seats. Capacity is what, 20K? I know you have grass seats like us, but no way in hell 30K there.
Cleared out quickly at halftime due to big lead and hot sun on the East side of stadium. Capacity is a little over 21k, 10k on the grass available. It was packed early on, the numbers were in the high 20 thousands range.

NovaWildcat
September 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
The point is alot of attendance figures are warped. Not due to the the 'draw' of the team, but due to other factors like everyone's "Parents Weekend"..If you don't have a good crowd that weekend you never will. Villanova's attendance potential has been there for decades...Where did it go in the 1970's and 80's?

Agreed that a lot of attendance figures are warped. Parents weekend certainly added to our crowd against Towson.

As for our attendance potential - my point is that Villanova's past/current attendance is ZERO indication of its future. Villanova students, alumni and community has no interest in seeing FCS football. I understand this may be hard to understand because at other schools that is not the case like it is to Villanova. If you read Villanova boards, attend alumni meetings and overall just talk to Villanova people, that becomes fairly obvious. A lot of, "we'll hop right on board when we start playing the big boys." Yes, we used to play at the highest level - but the VU of today is much bigger and more national than the VU of 30+ years ago.

I'm not saying that we're going to pack 50,000K in somewhere. I am saying that we'll outdo Temple's attendance, which is NOT an indicator of our potential.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2010, 06:01 PM

There litterally wasnt a soul in the top 12 rows of the 2 home side corners. Im sure the webcast left that part out.

GA St. MBB Fan
September 22nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
You are right. I apologize. I was ignorant and arrogant. We will only outdraw 90% of FCS schools.

PANTHERS AMONG FCS ATTENDANCE LEADERS

Through three weeks of the 2010 season, Georgia State ranks ninth among all FCS programs in attendance, averaging 19,671 fans at the Georgia Dome.

Georgia State is one of 16 FCS teams are averaging better than 15,000 thus far. Only 32 programs are averaging better than 10,000.

1. Appalachian State 28,961
2. Montana 25,663
3. South Alabama 22,775
4. Jacksonville State 22,186
5. Harvard 21,704
6. North Carolina A&T 21,500
7. Georgia Southern 20,430
8. Old Dominion 19,782
9. Georgia State 19,671
10. Delaware 19,399

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=592447&SPID=5671&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=204997322

Well if you scroll down to the bottom of the link, that was given earlier in this thread, -> http://www.goutsa.com/fls/13100/pdf_files/football/2010/schedules.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=13100 - where the "transitional" teams are listed...you'll see that we are actually first in "accumulated attendance." Of course however, we have played 3 home games and most schools have only played 1 or 2 - so its probably a little early to look at that number.

appfan2008
September 23rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
It certainly is to early to look at accumulated attendance and it will be all year... teams dont play the same number of games as each other so the only fair way to compare is average... plain and simple...

biggie
September 23rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
For GaSt that first game is going to keep the average up until later in the year. Big difference between 1st and 2nd game, didn't hear what their 3rd game crowd was like, weird to have 3 home games already as well.