PDA

View Full Version : BIG SOUTH/ South Carolina I-AA fan checking in

CSU BUCS
January 29th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I've just ran across this board and love it. It's hard to find good 1-AA info out there. I'm a Charleston Southern fan as well as a follower of all of the South Carolina 1-AA teams(Furman, Wofford, SC State, The Citadel, and Coastal Carolina).
BTW are there any other Big South fans on the board?

blukeys
January 29th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Welcome. :) :) :)

Tod
January 29th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Welcome to the board! There are many Big South fans here, mostly CCU fans, but fans from the other schools/teams as well.

CoastalFan2005
January 29th, 2006, 07:50 PM

Howdy. Welcome to AGS. :)

Feel free to cruise over to CoastalFans.com if you'd like to talk with a broader spectrum of CCU fans. Although most of us post here, also. Later, man!

blukeys
January 29th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the board! There are many Big South fans here, mostly CCU fans, but fans from the other schools/teams as well.

Tod are CCU posters Big South "Fans"??? or Southern Con. wannabe "fans" ???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tod
January 29th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Tod are CCU posters Big South "Fans"??? or Southern Con. wannabe "fans" ???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, it's not the smack board, so they're Big South fans... ;) :)

MarkCCU
January 29th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I've just ran across this board and love it. It's hard to find good 1-AA info out there. I'm a Charleston Southern fan as well as a follower of all of the South Carolina 1-AA teams(Furman, Wofford, SC State, The Citadel, and Coastal Carolina).

I would like to welcome you CSU BUCS, its nice to have another poster. There are good bit of CCU fans on this site as well as some Paladins.

MarkCCU
January 29th, 2006, 08:20 PM

HEY HEY HEY!!!!!

can't we be a lil of both? : smash : : smash : : smash : : smash : :p :p :p :p

Sly Fox
January 29th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Wow! A living, breathing CSU fan. Welcome to the site. The vast majority of Big South posters on here are CCU guys with a solid number of Liberty, VMI & G-W posters as well.

rokamortis
January 29th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Welcome - always nice to see a new Big South fan on AGS.

ngineer
January 29th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Welcome aboard. I was watching the Phila. Soul and the Tampa Bay Storm in the ARena Football League game today, and there was a back for Tampa from Charleston Southern. Your AD is our ex-head coach from 1988-94, Hank Small. Had a great offensive mind, but sort of ignored defense. How's he doing?

bodoyle
January 29th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Welcome CSU. WE are Big South fans while we are in the conference, then once we move away we will be sure to scoff at the conference. :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

CSU BUCS
January 30th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Coach Small is doing great things for CSU football. He brought in Head Coach Jay Mills, brought us up to the 63 scholly max 2 years ago, The football budget has increased by 30% over the last three years and he is now working towards building a new stadium. There is a true commitment to football at CSU now.

Last season showed some of the fruits of the work done over the last 3 years by small and Mills, but we still have a long way togo. Next year should be a great year for us. We only lost 5 Sr.'s (2OL 2DL and one DB) to graduation from a team that was verry hot the last 5 weeks of the season. and we will still be young this year with I beleive only 8 rissing sr.'s

It's really just a process of changing the attitude here at CSU and Mills and small have done a good job at doing that so far.

Looking forward to a 3rd season as a fully funded 1-AA program! (in the past we have competed with as little as 10 scholly's)

MarkCCU
January 30th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Coach Small is doing great things for CSU football. He brought in Head Coach Jay Mills, brought us up to the 63 scholly max 2 years ago, The football budget has increased by 30% over the last three years and he is now working towards building a new stadium. There is a true commitment to football at CSU now.

Last season showed some of the fruits of the work done over the last 3 years by small and Mills, but we still have a long way togo. Next year should be a great year for us. We only lost 5 Sr.'s (2OL 2DL and one DB) to graduation from a team that was verry hot the last 5 weeks of the season. and we will still be young this year with I beleive only 8 rissing sr.'s

It's really just a process of changing the attitude here at CSU and Mills and small have done a good job at doing that so far.

Looking forward to a 3rd season as a fully funded 1-AA program! (in the past we have competed with as little as 10 scholly's)

Coach has done a great job down there. I was born and raised in Charleston, and CSU got so much **** for being a ****ty team...I would say inthe past 3 years, especially with CCU coming up, the Bucs have improved so much year after year. Last season was thier first winning season in 15 years of football...CSU has nowehere to go but up. But CSU BUCS, this season CCU will get y'all back ;)

I love a good rivalry

OL FU
January 30th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Welcome to AGS :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

and since this is not the smack board I will not say "Quit playing North Greenville" :D

MarkCCU
January 30th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Welcome to AGS :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

and since this is not the smack board I will not say "Quit playing North Greenville" :D

North Greenville is now a University...watch out lol

bodoyle
January 30th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Yea, North Greenville is on the up-and-up.

And CSU, sorry but 49-3 this year. :nod: :nod: xazzx :smiley_wi

CSU BUCS
January 30th, 2006, 02:31 PM
The plan is to eventually quit Playing N. Greenvile and those types of teams. The plan in the feuture is to fill the non conf. games with schools from the SOCON or the A-10. We are trying to build to that point, but we have to be competitive first. For example beating Presby. College.

I think CSU and Coastal have the makings of a great rivalry. I just hope we can continue playing that game at the end of the season. I work with alot of Coastal Carolina grads so it's a real fun game. At work it is just as intense for us as the USC Clemson rivalry.