League/Overall

Georgetown 1-0/2-1
Fordham 0-0/2-1
Lehigh 0-0/2-1
Colgate 0-0/1-1
Holy Cross 0-0/1-2
Bucknell 0-0/0-3
Lafayette 0-1/0-2

*Pick ‘em includes Fordham in League standings without regard to Patriot League eligibility rules.

ngineer
September 18th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Little early for me to jump on this already...although Bucknell is 'sell'....

ColgateTD
September 19th, 2010, 12:39 PM
13-5 so far...

G'town and Fordham at the top of the overall standings!?! Wow,.. how things have turned upside down!!

DFW HOYA
September 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM
This might be one of the weeks to go with the home team across the board.

Unfortunately for the Red Raiders, I think the Orangemen are really going to try to make an example out of them after this past week's start against Maine.

RichH2
September 19th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Gate game could be gruesome, dont expect Lu to fare that much better with a UNH squad losing to a bad URI team. Cross -Hoya match s/b interesting

jimbo65
September 20th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Hawks Shot Down by Green Mountain Boys.

We can safely make the assumption that the Rams will trash Assumption.

Saders over surprising Hoyas.

Wish it were different but Orange all over the Raiders.

Tigers would defeat Leopards in the jungle and will do the same at Palmer.

Bisons stop the bleeding v. Byes. Likely the only time they will be favored this season.

UAalum72
September 20th, 2010, 06:36 AM

The Green Mountains are in Vermont. New Hampshire has the White Mountains.

letsgopards04
September 20th, 2010, 07:04 AM
LEHIGH @ New Hampshire

Assumption @ FORDHAM

HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ Syracuse

LAFAYETTE @ Princeton - This leopard offense worries me. Less than 1 ypc against the quakers and 4 INTs.

BUCKNELL - Bye

CFBfan
September 20th, 2010, 07:41 AM
LEHIGH @ New Hampshire

Assumption @ FORDHAM

HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ Syracuse

LAFAYETTE @ Princeton - This leopard offense worries me. Less than 1 ypc against the quakers and 4 INTs.
BUCKNELL - Bye
do you get your QB back this week??

Franks Tanks
September 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM

We can safely make the assumption that the Rams will trash Assumption.

Saders over surprising Hoyas.

Wish it were different but Orange all over the Raiders.

Tigers would defeat Leopards in the jungle and will do the same at Palmer.

Bisons stop the bleeding v. Byes. Likely the only time they will be favored this season.

Not so fast my friend!

Assumption crushed Wagner, and Wagner crushed Cornell. I am not a believer in the transitive property with football but Assumption has some talent. If the Fordham team that showed up against Bryant comes out you can lose. If you play like you should hwoever it will be a W.

Franks Tanks
September 20th, 2010, 08:59 AM

O'neill (the starter) came in at the end of the game. He looked limited from a mobility standpoint but was slinging the ball pretty well.

Our backup Quilling stared the game and had a really bad performance. He threw 3 picks, one interecepted in the end zone, and only completed 4 passes. Our offense struggled all night against a very good Penn D, but if O'Neill starts we score at leats one offensive TD and win the game IMO.

carney2
September 20th, 2010, 09:25 AM

Indications are "Yes."

jimbo65
September 20th, 2010, 09:34 AM
The Green Mountains are in Vermont. New Hampshire has the White Mountains.
No wonder I flunked geography.

CFBfan
September 20th, 2010, 09:55 AM
O'neill (the starter) came in at the end of the game. He looked limited from a mobility standpoint but was slinging the ball pretty well.

Our backup Quilling stared the game and had a really bad performance. He threw 3 picks, one interecepted in the end zone, and only completed 4 passes. Our offense struggled all night against a very good Penn D, but if O'Neill starts we score at leats one offensive TD and win the game IMO.

first off i'm very glad to see him back and not out with a bad injury.
and i agree with you that if he starts the game LC wins.
I would not underestimate the Pards this week, and I think a lot of people will.....I think it will be a convincing win for them and gets them back on track

carney2
September 20th, 2010, 10:08 AM
LEHIGH @ New Hampshire
New Hampshire – After the URI debacle, the Wildcats are not looking like a CAA contender. Meanwhile, the Squawks had some trouble with a not-so-great Princeton. In any event the FeatherHeads have given no indication that they are ready for this.

Assumption @ FORDHAM
Fordham – Fess up, Rams, have scheduling responsibilities been turned over to a bunch of graduate assistants in the Philosophy Department? If you aren’t embarrassed by this, you should be.

HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN
Holy Cross – I’m liking the Hoyas more with each passing week. Even if they’ve turned the corner however, there are still lots of bullies on the next block waiting to beat them up.

COLGATE @ Syracuse
Syracuse – Boom! Blam! Splat! Kapow! Even Captain Marvel can’t save the Raiders in this one.

LAFAYETTE @ Princeton
Princeton – A so-so Princeton against a Leopard team with more holes than a Swiss cheese. A must win for the Pards and a very winnable game. Then you perform a reality check - 4 wins in 128 years (that’s years, not games) – and you know, just know, that Lafayette will find a way to lose. The Curse, Part 2.

Franks Tanks
September 20th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I would not underestimate the Pards this week, and I think a lot of people will.....I think it will be a convincing win for them and gets them back on track

We didnt deserve to win really. One TD came from an intercepted pass returned for a TD, and the other by a blocked punt recovered for a TD. Both were pretty fluky plays. However, if we produced a single TD we still would have got a ugly W.

Our defense looked pretty good however. The were on the filed all game and held up.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Lehigh @ New Hampshire - Rhode Island was a fluke; the Rams have played Hew Hampshire tough many times before. At home this game belongs to the Widcats but it could be close. New Hampshire 27-20

Assumption @ Fordham - Assumption is Holy Cross Junior. The Rams should expect a difficult game against this scholarship Division II team which excels in all sports. With all the Fordham chatter about ditching the pathetic, lowly Patriot and moving up, one wonders if this is what they had in mind all along, however. Fordham 20-17

Holy Cross @ Georgetown - When the Hoyas come marching home again they, they win. Guaranteed pick of the week: the Multi-Sport Playground & Sandbox Centre will sell out. Even the see-saws. Georgetown 28-27

Colgate @ Syracuse - I wish I'd seen more from the Red Raiders prior to the bye. I really want them to play well. The result should be similar to Maine, however. Syracuse 35-17

Lafayette @ Princeton - I just don't know. The offense was non-existent last week. If Princeton slings it as it did against Lehigh it could be a miserable afternoon. Princeton 24-14

Bucknell - Bye

Franks Tanks
September 20th, 2010, 10:20 AM
LEHIGH @ New Hampshire
New Hampshire – After the URI debacle, the Wildcats are not looking like a CAA contender. Meanwhile, the Squawks had some trouble with a not-so-great Princeton. In any event the FeatherHeads have given no indication that they are ready for this.

Assumption @ FORDHAM
Fordham – Fess up, Rams, have scheduling responsibilities been turned over to a bunch of graduate assistants in the Philosophy Department? If you aren’t embarrassed by this, you should be.

HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN
Holy Cross – I’m liking the Hoyas more with each passing week. Even if they’ve turned the corner however, there are still lots of bullies on the next block waiting to beat them up.

COLGATE @ Syracuse
Syracuse – Boom! Blam! Splat! Kapow! Even Captain Marvel can’t save the Raiders in this one.

LAFAYETTE @ Princeton
Princeton – A so-so Princeton against a Leopard team with more holes than a Swiss cheese. A must win for the Pards and a very winnable game. Then you perform a reality check - 4 wins in 128 years (that’s years, not games) – and you know, just know, that Lafayette will find a way to lose. The Curse, Part 2.

UNH-- They are just too good.

Fordham

Georgetown-- The Hoya's are playing with confidence and the Cross is still struggling to find their was post Randolph.

Syracuse

Princeton-- The Tiger's arent super talented, but they seem to be an energetic and enthusastic team. They worked out the first game jitters under a new system, and they will be just a bit to much for the mistake prone Leopards. As Carney noted we may have beat Princeton at Princeton one or twice in 128 years. This isnt the team to break through.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 20th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Let me say this about Princeton: they impressed me, even in defeat. They will win some games this year. Lafayette will have their hands full.

The Leopards will remain a wild card until O'Neill really solidifies the starting QB position with a solid performance. Quilling proved last weekend that he's not the answer, period. He forced some really bad balls out there into Penn's great secondary. For a minute I thought it was J.B. in Quilling's jersey.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Let me say this about Princeton: they impressed me, even in defeat. They will win some games this year. Lafayette will have their hands full.

The Leopards will remain a wild card until O'Neill really solidifies the starting QB position with a solid performance. Quilling proved last weekend that he's not the answer, period. He forced some really bad balls out there into Penn's great secondary. For a minute I thought it was J.B. in Quilling's jersey.

Worry not, LFN, I'm confident that no one will be picking the Leopards to win this one.

ngineer
September 20th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Mountain Hawks will improve and give UNH a game, but in Durham, you have to go with the Wildcats who are up against the wall about proving something. UNH-31, Lehigh 27

Fordham should not assume anything in this game that is a head-scratcher. Rams 27-20

Hoyas had their 'moral' victory in the sense they should now realize that they can play with a bunch of other teams. At home, that may be all the edge they need. Hoyas, 24-20.

To 'Syr' with love, X-cuse me. Big Orange 38-17

Princeton with their home opener should be psyched. Lafayette going into one of their den of horrors. After seeing Princeton in person, and the Penn game on TV, I have to go with the Stripes over the Spots, 31-17.

Bucknell--SELL!

ramMan
September 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Assumption @ FORDHAM

Word is scheduling Assumption was done as a favor to their head coach, Corey Bailey, who's a former Ram (captain and MVP in 1997; first team all-Patriot League at center in 1996 and 1997).
I hope the Rams don't take the Greyhounds lightly. They're off to a great start (3-0) and beat Wagner (of the NEC), 24-9, a couple of weeks back.

carney2
September 20th, 2010, 11:32 AM

Yes, Quilling has had his chances and has pretty much come up empty. The bad news for the Pards is that another hole has been unearthed - no depth at QB. 3rd teamer - and the only other option - sophomore Andy Shoop, is apparently a lot like Lehigh's Chris Lum last year as a sophomore - not ready for prime time. The Leopard season, which is currently circling the bowl, is way too dependent on an unproven QB playing behind an ineffective OL. If someone sees a silver lining here, I'm listening.

CFBfan
September 20th, 2010, 12:01 PM
We didnt deserve to win really. One TD came from an intercepted pass returned for a TD, and the other by a blocked punt recovered for a TD. Both were pretty fluky plays. However, if we produced a single TD we still would have got a ugly W.

Our defense looked pretty good however. The were on the filed all game and held up.

and if your QB comes back healthy and get's into a rythm i think it will be a 14 point win

Lehigh Football Nation
September 20th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure about a 2 TD win, but I do agree that Lafayette is a much, much, much different team with a healthy O'Neil under center.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Early line Syracuse (-28) vs. Colgate

van
September 20th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Hope that we make a game of it, but expect New Hampshire to win

Fordham over Assumption (who are they?)

Not picking Georgetown, don't believe they are for real

Colgate just can't keep up with Syracuse for 4 quarters

Princeton may just squeak by the pards

Bucknell breaks their losing streak and does not lose to bye

TheValleyRaider
September 20th, 2010, 06:36 PM
An ugly 2-4 last week has me joining the League in slipping away, down to 10-8 for the season

Lehigh at New Hampshire New Hampshire Wildcats have been strong long enough for me to not jump to too many conclusions regarding a loss to Rhode Island. Up in Durham, the Mountain Hawks continue to play to the script, falling back to .500

Assumption at Fordham Fordham I have nothing really to say about this game, except that it will be played on a Jump to Conclusions Mat

Holy Cross at Georgetown Georgetown Toughest game of the week to pick, as the Hoyas tack on a moral victory to go with their 2 real ones, while the Crusaders are picking up the pieces from back to back whoopings to real good team. Confidence is a funny thing, so I'm going to ride it for now

Colgate at Syracuse Colgate Syracuse beware, the Colgate HOODOO is falling upon you

Lafayette at Princeton Princeton Speaking of confidence, where's Lafayette's right now? Two tough losses, and now a trip to Jersey where the Leopards have almost always struggled. I have a hard time picking Lafayette to fall to 0-3, but I'm going to have to see something before I start to think otherwise

Lehigh Football Nation
September 20th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Something that Leopard fans will be interested to learn is Princeton's star LB, Stephen Cody, broke his leg and is done for the year, I believe, but certainly out against your guys. Tough to see such a great player hurt, especially one with such potential, but it should help you guys.

heath
September 20th, 2010, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=carney2;1556355]LEHIGH @ New Hampshire
New Hampshire –. Meanwhile, the Squawks had some trouble with a not-so-great Princeton. .

– A so-so Princeton against a Leopard team with more holes than a Swiss cheese. A must win for the Pards and a very winnable game.
Wow, did't know Princeton had 2 teams. Glad to see Lehigh got the "not so great" Princeton team last week. Good luck against the so-so team Saturday, heard their QB can throw.

carney2
September 21st, 2010, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=carney2;1556355]LEHIGH @ New Hampshire
New Hampshire –. Meanwhile, the Squawks had some trouble with a not-so-great Princeton. .

– A so-so Princeton against a Leopard team with more holes than a Swiss cheese. A must win for the Pards and a very winnable game.
Wow, did't know Princeton had 2 teams. Glad to see Lehigh got the "not so great" Princeton team last week. Good luck against the so-so team Saturday, heard their QB can throw.

Not-so-great = so-so. Look it up.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2010, 08:36 AM
Read 'em and weep:

Syracuse (-28) vs Colgate

Hew Hampshire (-15) vs Lehigh

Yale (-11) at Cornell

Holy Cross (-3.5) at Georgetown

Lafayette (-3.5) at Princeton

Harvard (-3.5) at Brown

Villanova (-17) vs Penn

Towson (-2.5) at Columbia

Dartmouth (-20) vs Sacred Heart

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2010, 09:19 AM
Read 'em and weep:

New Hampshire (-15) vs Lehigh
Yale (-11) at Cornell
Holy Cross (-3.5) at Georgetown
Lafayette (-3.5) at Princeton
Villanova (-17) vs Penn

I'm not a betting man, but on these *cough* takethepoints *cough* xlolx

No, really, you get Princeton with their amazing - and weird - mastery over the Leopards, and get a field goal and a half point as well?

And two touchdowns and a field goal vs. Penn? Really? Did no one look at last year's score?

carney2
September 21st, 2010, 02:15 PM
I'm not a betting man, but on these *cough* takethepoints *cough* xlolx

No, really, you get Princeton with their amazing - and weird - mastery over the Leopards, and get a field goal and a half point as well?

And two touchdowns and a field goal vs. Penn? Really? Did no one look at last year's score?

I agree with you. I hate it when that happens.

PS: Where is the freakin' cannon?

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM

This.

Pards Rule
September 21st, 2010, 09:17 PM

Without question, if he started they would have won. This will be Pards first win at Tiger Stadium since 1982!

ColgateTD
September 22nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
UNH - Cats too much for Hawks
Fordham - Assume Rams will pull this out
G'town - Hoyas are for real!
P'ton - Palmer hex again for 'Pards
Gate - Biddle will have troops ready, despite Sullivan's poor showing vs. Furman last week. Xcuse will have all they can handle with Eachus. This is the game Red Raiders have been pointing toward all pre-season and won't disappoint....31-27

Pard4Life
September 22nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
P4L picks, Simpsons edition:

New Hampshire 45, Lehigh 17 - "Ha ha!" Nelson Muntz, or, Mrs. 'Crabapple' - "Ha!"

FOR 28, ASSumption 10 - "Does anyone know Maya Buttreeks here?" Check your ESPN iPhone app for this game on the scoreboard... yes I need to grow up. Fordham is confusing... they win games like URI, then don't show up for easy games. I wouldn't be shocked if they lost, honestly.

Georgetown 35, Holy Cross 31 - "Are you going to donate that $1 million dollars to the children's orphanage?" "Yes, when pigs fly. Hahahahahha... uhhh..." Smithers and Burns

Princeton 41, Lafayette 35 - "The four years at Clown College?" "I'll thank you not to refer to Princeton that way" - 'Sideshow' Bob and Cecil Terwilliger. Common sense says that the Leopards will win this game. However, the Pards never seem to follow common sense when it comes to Princeton. Tigers run a vicious spread. They use trick plays. Mis-direction. No huddle. Elements that we cannot defend and HAVE NOT defended for the past several years i.e. Randolph, Skelton. O'Neill under center will help but it will not be enough.

Syracuse 52, Colgate 14 - "NEEEERRDDD" - Homer Simpson. Jock school vs. the smart kids. Ancient rivalry. Thought Colgate would win this game heading into the season, but the pasting by Furman and eeking past Monmouth does not inspire confidence. And Syracuse is not as bad as precieved.

Bucknell, Bye - "Mmmm, sofa pizza."

Last week: 4-2, Season 10-8

ngineer
September 22nd, 2010, 11:18 AM
I agree with you. I hate it when that happens.

Check with the Tiggars...Their famous fight song is called "The Cannon Song"...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 22nd, 2010, 12:24 PM
People are probably just taking Fordham over Assumption since they're a D-II. Be forewarned. This is no patsy team. This could be a lot closer than people think.

kDex86
September 22nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
UNH -- 'nuff said.
Fordham -- if they lose, I'll be laughing at them.
Georgetown -- why not?
Princeton -- apparently the "Ivy curse" strikes again for the Leopards
Syracuse -- prove me wrong, Raiders, prove me wrong...

CFBfan
September 22nd, 2010, 02:07 PM
People are probably just taking Fordham over Assumption since they're a D-II. Be forewarned. This is no patsy team. This could be a lot closer than people think.

not sure why FU scheduled this one?? Unless I'm missing something they have NO upside in this game....

Go...gate
September 22nd, 2010, 03:40 PM
UNH 24, Lehigh 16

Fordham 33, Assumption 27

Georgetown 30, Holy Cross 27

Syracuse 45, Colgate 14

Lafayette 21, Princeton 13

Bye 7, Bucknell 6

carney2
September 23rd, 2010, 08:39 AM
[/B]

Check with the Tiggars...Their famous fight song is called "The Cannon Song"...

Don't need no stinkin' fight song. NEED THE FREAKIN' CANNON!

How about this for a fight song - to be played at all Lehigh games - Stop thief!

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2010, 09:15 AM
Don't need no stinkin' fight song. NEED THE FREAKIN' CANNON!

How about this for a fight song - to be played at all Lehigh games - Stop thief!

I was going to suggest Pachelbel's Canon in D major. Appropriate for the denizens of the golf-clap crowd.

Pard4Life
September 23rd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Not only did Lehigh steal the cannon, they stole Bucknell's fight song... they are exactly the same. Typical of those people I reckon'. What's next, the Lehigh Leopards? They can't keep a nickname ya know...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 23rd, 2010, 11:03 AM
Not only did Lehigh steal the cannon, they stole Bucknell's fight song... they are exactly the same. Typical of those people I reckon'. What's next, the Lehigh Leopards? They can't keep a nickname ya know...

We at Lehigh don't have time for this stuff. We're busy preparing for our second top CAA opponent of 2010. How many have you guys been prepping for? xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
We at Lehigh don't have time for this stuff. We're busy preparing for our second top CAA opponent of 2010. How many have you guys been prepping for? xlolx

4-7

Lehigh Football Nation
September 23rd, 2010, 11:37 AM
Just figured of the Sagarin "point spread" this week for Lehigh/UNH. The Wildcats would be 10 1/2 point favorites.

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Just figured of the Sagarin "point spread" this week for Lehigh/UNH. The Wildcats would be 10 1/2 point favorites.

The Sportsbook from Tuesday morning is holding at -15.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 23rd, 2010, 12:02 PM
I think there's a level of homerism on the CAA/UNH side when it comes to the LU-NH game much like there was with the LU/Nova, HC/Umass and Colgate/Furman contests. Even before the season started most realistic folks thought LU would take their lumps against Nova with the belief UNH was a better fight. I feel i've been pretty grounded and on point with how Lehigh's season has gone to this point. I would put down money that Lehigh does not get blown out. UNH is still pretty good but their not a top shelf CAA squad this year. I can't see UNH topping 'Nova's 35 points and Lehigh won't come close to getting shut out. Villanova is ridiculous this year. They're going to crush Penn this week.

LUHawker
September 23rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
4-7

0-2

heath
September 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
0-2
0-3 come november

Pard94
September 24th, 2010, 09:45 AM
No wonder I flunked geography.

The correct nick name would be "Granite Staters". We've got a lot of rocks up here. A point which was driven home recently when I tried to bury my cat. And yes...the cat was already dead at the time.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Pard94, man... (http://blog.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette-lair/2010/09/lafayette_leopards_vs_princeton_tigersbattle_of_th e_big_cat_cubs.html)

Lastly...Princeton just aint that good. They were handled by a Lehigh team that had been pretty well handled themselves this season up until Saturday. The Tigers are generally predicted to dwell in the Ivy League cellar this year. I hadn't planned on basing my optimism for the Leopards on the potential ineptitude of our opponents but at this point I will grasp at every straw available.

xoopsx

I'm guessing this will be in every Princeton players' playbook this weekend, Pard94...

Franks Tanks
September 24th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Pard94, man... (http://blog.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette-lair/2010/09/lafayette_leopards_vs_princeton_tigersbattle_of_th e_big_cat_cubs.html)

xoopsx

I'm guessing this will be in every Princeton players' playbook this weekend, Pard94...

Players dont care what anybody writes. Most are too busy to read newspapers and blogs anway.

jimbo65
September 24th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Players dont care what anybody writes. Most are too busy to read newspapers and blogs anway.

Or they can't read to begin with.

Leopard Loyalist
September 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM
New Hampshire 35 Lehigh 24
Fordham 24 Assumption 21
Georgetown 28 Holy Cross 21
Syracuse 42 Colgate 14
Lafayette 17 Princeton 13

There's a lot of uniformity in everybody's picks this week. I'll go against the prevailing philosophy to support the Leopards.

Franks Tanks
September 24th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Or they can't read to begin with.

Ok-- Players dont care what people write about the game. They may or may not look at an article, but its doesnt impact them one way or the other. They have already watched their opponent on film for several hours that week, and have formed an opinion that wont be changed by a sportswriter.

Pard4Life
September 24th, 2010, 02:52 PM

Well, we prepped for three in the playoffs for three consecutive years after beating Lehigh to win the title. And don't claim you are PL champions for 2004 and 2006 when you lost to us both years. I laugh whenver you advertise or PA it.

Once the yoke of Atkinson is gone, we are going to powerhouse NDSU, playing William & Mary and Delaware in the coming years, and maybe some FBS teams once we get scholarships. So yeah, our schedule generally pretty good, and definetely the toughest in the PL over the past half-decade. Lafayette, Lehigh, and HC do a respectable job with the OOC games.

LUHawker
September 24th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Well, we prepped for three in the playoffs for three consecutive years after beating Lehigh to win the title. And don't claim you are PL champions for 2004 and 2006 when you lost to us both years. I laugh whenver you advertise or PA it.

Once the yoke of Atkinson is gone, we are going to powerhouse NDSU, playing William & Mary and Delaware in the coming years, and maybe some FBS teams once we get scholarships. So yeah, our schedule generally pretty good, and definetely the toughest in the PL over the past half-decade. Lafayette, Lehigh, and HC do a respectable job with the OOC games.

At what point are you going to stop referencing your playoff appearance from 2006? You guys had a nice run, but that was 4 yrs ago. Lehigh went to the playoffs in '04 as a co-champ, with a better record than the Pards, so it is disingenious to say that 2004 doesn't count.

As for LC having the toughest schedule over the past half decade, I think you might be taking some liberties there. 4 Ivies per year, including Columbia plus your Marist, Sacred Heart patsies, don't make it the most difficult. L/C hasn't had a CAA team on there in some time (going back to Richmond). I'm not sure which team would show the toughest schedule, but LC's schedule was certainly NO more difficult than Colgate's or Lehigh's, and likely less difficult.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2010, 03:36 PM
6-0 Last week, 12-6 overall

Fordham 35 Assumption 17
Holy Cross 28 Georgetown 20
Syracuse 52 Colgate 17
Lafayette 31 Princeton 27
UNH 27 Lehigh 24- Unlike the Nova game where i really didn't expect too much i have real hope for this one. The UNH folks really believe they're going to kill Lehigh. I don't see that happening.

Pard4Life
September 24th, 2010, 04:02 PM
At what point are you going to stop referencing your playoff appearance from 2006? You guys had a nice run, but that was 4 yrs ago. Lehigh went to the playoffs in '04 as a co-champ, with a better record than the Pards, so it is disingenious to say that 2004 doesn't count.

As for LC having the toughest schedule over the past half decade, I think you might be taking some liberties there. 4 Ivies per year, including Columbia plus your Marist, Sacred Heart patsies, don't make it the most difficult. L/C hasn't had a CAA team on there in some time (going back to Richmond). I'm not sure which team would show the toughest schedule, but LC's schedule was certainly NO more difficult than Colgate's or Lehigh's, and likely less difficult.

And at what point are you going to stop referencing your era of "invincibility" ten years ago as the basis for your god-given right be the leading program of the Patriot League?

Lafayette left the field those two years in celebration. We got the trophy. Both tied atop the standings. Who won the match-up? Perception says Lafayette is the champion.

No we have not had a CAA team in awhile, but we had Liberty for two years. And Penn.

Lehigh has the toughest schedule this year, but it's usually between LC, LU, and I'd guess HC.

heath
September 24th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Gosh fellas,so much bickering about the past. Can't wait for #146, might have to make the trip. Good luck this Saturday

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2010, 04:46 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/09/week-four-football-predictions-9252010.html

I'm going to gain on everybody here, because I just picked Assumption to upset Fordham. Book it.

ngineer
September 24th, 2010, 10:09 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/09/week-four-football-predictions-9252010.html

I'm going to gain on everybody here, because I just picked Assumption to upset Fordham. Book it.

What assumptions have you made???

CrusaderBob
September 25th, 2010, 07:50 AM
3 -3 Last Week.

9 - 9 On the season

New Hampshire
FORDHAM
HOLY CROSS
Syracuse
LAFAYETTE

DerHoya
September 25th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Week 4:

LEHIGH @ New Hampshire

Assumption @ FORDHAM

HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ Syracuse

LAFAYETTE @ Princeton

BUCKNELL - Bye

13-5 thus far, 3-3 last week.

UNH
Fordham
Georgetown, feeling good i knew Gtown would be 2-1 right now, id prefer to be wrong at 3-0, but i'll take 3-1 after this week.
SUcks
Laf --get Rud/Hebron running effectively to keep Pton offense off field and take heat off ONeil, and get W#1
Bye

ngineer
September 25th, 2010, 08:31 AM
The Hoya/Holy Cross game is huge. HC needs to win to stay 'relevant' after two bad losses. A Hoya win could ignite one of those 'rags to riches' or 'Cinderalla' stories we get every so many years. A win over the Crusaders should launch G'town into really believing they could challenge for the PL. I would hope "Multi Sport Field" is packed to the gills.

carney2
September 25th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Laf --get Rud/Hebron running effectively to keep Pton offense off field and take heat off ONeil, and get W#1

"Rud" = Jerome Rudolph = not playing due to concussion in Penn game. Based on Tavani comments earlier in the week, expect to see two freshman RBs getting playing time.

LU65
September 25th, 2010, 08:49 AM
UNH by 7
Fordham by 14
Holy Cross by 7
Syracuse by 24
Princeton by 4

RichH2
September 25th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Not much to like this week.

UNH over LU
FU covers
HC should win
Syracuse
Lafayette, if their O resufaces

Pard4Life
September 25th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Bogus, do you know any Italian delis in Princeton? Want to pick up some dinner.

DerHoya
September 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM
"Rud" = Jerome Rudolph = not playing due to concussion in Penn game. Based on Tavani comments earlier in the week, expect to see two freshman RBs getting playing time.

Sorry to hear that. Just get your big uglies motivated and tell them to block someone, yall always have the size but their technique/skill/strength is a question mark it appears. best of luck against Princeton

Franks Tanks
September 25th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry to hear that. Just get your big uglies motivated and tell them to block someone, yall always have the size but their technique/skill/strength is a question mark it appears. best of luck against Princeton

The Lafayette Sophmore Elder is getting the carries and doing a very good job thus far.

ngineer
September 25th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I watched a good part of the game and was impressed with Elder. Typical Lafayette hard runner. And although I picked Princeton in this game, I really feel sorry for Layton. He won't sleep for days. It must be something about the Tiger stripes that trumps spots. Tough game to lose, especially with Harvard coming to town.

ngineer
September 25th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Fordham my one blemish this week. Now, 18-5 on the season. Unfortunately, most of it comes from picking the PL opposition.xsmhx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Fordham my one blemish this week. Now, 18-5 on the season. Unfortunately, most of it comes from picking the PL opposition.xsmhx

For the second straight week, I had only one loss, coming on the last play of the game.

Go...gate
September 26th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Bogus, do you know any Italian delis in Princeton? Want to pick up some dinner.

Did you try Hoagie Haven or Conte's?

'Gate93
September 26th, 2010, 07:08 AM
What's with Fordham? I thought for sure their scholarships would have made a bigger impact by now. Frustrating when one loss in the PL puts any team in jeopardy. What a great Princeton/Lafayette game...I don't think I've ever watched a game that is so quick at the line of scrimmage - no set up, just go, go, go. Hard to believe the Leopards are 0-3 with performances like that. Colgate always has trouble with the Tigers so not looking forward to our trip there in 2 weeks. Two years ago we had a battlefest on national tv and somehow won in OT. Thought 'Gate played a VERY respectable game against 'Cuse from beginning to end. The time of possession is always our hallmark. Wouldn't normally say this but should be an exciting series in Hamilton next weekend against the Hoyas. Glad we'll be home.

Go 'Gate

ColgateTD
September 26th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Ditto to 'Gate93's remarks. Looks like the PL title is up for grabs this year. How do you pick the 'Gate-G'town game? Could be an even line. Who'd a thunk. Sorry, Frank, about the 'Pards loss - what a game they played against the Tigers.

ngineer
September 26th, 2010, 07:03 PM
What's with Fordham? I thought for sure their scholarships would have made a bigger impact by now. Frustrating when one loss in the PL puts any team in jeopardy. What a great Princeton/Lafayette game...I don't think I've ever watched a game that is so quick at the line of scrimmage - no set up, just go, go, go. Hard to believe the Leopards are 0-3 with performances like that. Colgate always has trouble with the Tigers so not looking forward to our trip there in 2 weeks. Two years ago we had a battlefest on national tv and somehow won in OT. Thought 'Gate played a VERY respectable game against 'Cuse from beginning to end. The time of possession is always our hallmark. Wouldn't normally say this but should be an exciting series in Hamilton next weekend against the Hoyas. Glad we'll be home.Go 'Gate

Could be the difference maker. Playing the Hoyas in their bandbox of a field under current circumstances could be like going into a 'snake pit'. Will have to think about this one.