PDA

View Full Version : Will WIU get any votes THIS time?

cderry
September 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Western Illinois's 3 games so far:

W 45-0 Valpo
L 21-31 Purdue
W 56-14 Sam Houston State

They didn't get any votes even after only losing to Purdue by 10. I bet after a trouncing of SHSU they at least get some votes now.

Fear the Bird
September 18th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I'm looking for new teams to enter my 20's after some of the early results so WIU is under consideration in my poll

cderry
September 18th, 2010, 07:08 PM
So far the team stats:
- QB Matt Barr: 737 yds passing, 6 pass TDs, 0 INT, 177 yds rushing, 1 rush TD
- RB Bryce Flowers: 247 yds rushing, 4 rush TDs, 59 yds rec
- RB Caulton Ray: 228 yds rush, 3 TDs, 20 yds rec

cderry
September 18th, 2010, 07:15 PM
WIU has 764 total rushing yards in 3 games!

TexasTerror
September 18th, 2010, 07:16 PM
WIU is under heavy consideration...

Even though the Bearkats are off to a rough start, they may sneak in 23-25 range. Problem is no wins of note. Non-scholly Valpo and my Bearkats, under a first-year head coach...

cderry
September 18th, 2010, 10:06 PM
WIU is under heavy consideration...

Even though the Bearkats are off to a rough start, they may sneak in 23-25 range. Problem is no wins of note. Non-scholly Valpo and my Bearkats, under a first-year head coach...

So a 10 point loss AT PURDUE isn't worth mentioning?

Western_101
September 18th, 2010, 10:58 PM
pretty sure WESTERN got 22 votes last week in the poll that has a least a meager margin of substantiation. Truth is with the hit or miss media coverage it is tough to get reel coverage week in , week out. It ain;t happening.

thats when the fine art of best guessing takes hold. I don't want to be to pejorative my 10 year old neice is on the panel and it is improtant to her.

Guess I'll prolly be workin for her in 15 years.

leatherneck177
September 18th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I agree that Western may be close in cracking the 23-25 range. HOWEVER, let's not get carried away. The wins are against Valpo and SHSU. No offense to the Bearkats, but there is a difference between beating them and winning at SDSU like the ISU Redbirds did tonight. They deserve that ranking before us, even with one of their W's being against a D-II school.

The Necks did look impressive at times against Purdue, however that only goes so far. They need to beat the Sycamores next week and then they have back to back weeks of the Dakotas. That will really show what this team is made of. I'd take a split up there with those two schools!

Western_101
September 18th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Got to keep Barr Healthy, Lunt is less skilled at avoiding pass rush cov. he mosttly colapses. So basically if we are being scouted, we have a fast attach QB that is a tema solidifier as well as Capitan, this guty is a gamer,

Basically he is no chump is he can get 6 good games of video he is attractive to making money playing ball.

I know we had the NFL in Macomb for 9 years,

Tonight it was anounce WESTERN has more wins than any other D-I insitution in the state. (that's 7)

Twentysix
September 19th, 2010, 01:03 AM
pretty sure WESTERN got 22 votes last week in the poll that has a least a meager margin of substantiation. Truth is with the hit or miss media coverage it is tough to get reel coverage week in , week out. It ain;t happening.

thats when the fine art of best guessing takes hold. I don't want to be to pejorative my 10 year old neice is on the panel and it is improtant to her.

Guess I'll prolly be workin for her in 15 years.

Think you mean 22 points. Probably 3 votes.