September 18th, 2010, 02:47 PM
This "upset" deserves its own thread.

Robert Morris 30 - Liberty 23

Congratulations Colonials!

NEC ROCKS!

xhurrayx

Redwyn
September 18th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Stony Brook just got upset in 2OT by Brown. Shaping up to be a subpar day for the Big South....

aceinthehole
September 18th, 2010, 02:55 PM
And Wagner rolls over Cornell 41-7.

A very good start to the day for the NEC.

Duquesne-Delaware and CCSU-Youngstown on tap for tonight.

bulldog10jw
September 18th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Stony Brook just got upset in 2OT by Brown. Shaping up to be a subpar day for the Big South....

You think that was an upset?

Go...gate
September 18th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Nice win by RMU.

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I love weekends like this. Any Given Saturday!

Nice win, Colonials. No noise from the Liberty crowd this week!

SpeedkingATL
September 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Nice win by Robert Morris.

Fear the Bird
September 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Where are all the Liberty fans that always demand more respect? Quiet tonight...

Redwyn
September 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM

Only the betting line seemed to believe otherwise....Though I'll immediately go on to say that the teams have been evenly matched for years. This one was no different. An extra point would have won it :/ SBU is desperately trying to turn the corner and become a CAA level program. Today proved that we've come a long way, but not long enough.

Brown and SBU have traded wins on each other's home fields for the past few years. Hopefully it'll continue far beyond next year.

danefan
September 18th, 2010, 08:51 PM

In my eyes its definitely an upset. SBU can't seem to get over the Brown hurdle for some reason, but going into the game I think most people would have expected SBU to be the better team. And that's why I do think its an upset.

And a big congrats to RMU. They caught Liberty in the ultimate trap game. Now I'll be rooting for Liberty to go to JMU and get back on track.

bulldog10jw
September 18th, 2010, 09:11 PM
In my eyes its definitely an upset. SBU can't seem to get over the Brown hurdle for some reason, but going into the game I think most people would have expected SBU to be the better team. And that's why I do think its an upset.

And a big congrats to RMU. They caught Liberty in the ultimate trap game. Now I'll be rooting for Liberty to go to JMU and get back on track.

Yale beating Albany would be an upset, I think, but not Brown over Stony Brook. Just my opinion.

NFLCB2
September 18th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Myles Russ Ive been waiting for him to show up for a year now!!! xhurrayx

Seahawks Fan
September 19th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Congrats RMU. Nice win.

aceinthehole
September 19th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Yale beating Albany would be an upset, I think, but not Brown over Stony Brook. Just my opinion.

Yep, I think Albany has to be the favorite in that one. The NEC is 2-0 vs the Ivy in their first 2 matchups, although Big Green is likely the favorite in the next NEC-Ivy game.

9/26/09 - CCSU 22 at Columbia 13
9/19/10 - Cornell 7 at Wagner 41
9/25/10 - Sacred Heart at Dartmouth
10/2/10 - Albany at Yale

danefan
September 19th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Yep, I think Albany has to be the favorite in that one. The NEC is 2-0 vs the Ivy in their first 2 matchups, although Big Green is likely the favorite in the next NEC-Ivy game.

9/26/09 - CCSU 22 at Columbia 13
9/19/10 - Cornell 7 at Wagner 41
9/25/10 - Sacred Heart at Dartmouth
10/2/10 - Albany at Yale

We've played Ivy schools before last year. Brown twice and Cornell once. I think we're 1-2, but I could be wrong on that win.

401ks
September 19th, 2010, 06:44 PM
We've played Ivy schools before last year. Brown twice and Cornell once. I think we're 1-2, but I could be wrong on that win.

2003: Brown 21 - Albany 3
2004: Brown 35 - Albany 7
2006: Cornell 23 - Albany 21

heath
September 19th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Nice win for Robert Morris..........Liberty always looks back at the end of each year and wonders WHY they missed the playoffs or what loss kept them out.......HELLO Lynchburg, you might of done it again. Good Luck vs. JMU maybe a victory will save the season. WOW!

Keenan
September 19th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Nice win for Robert Morris..........Liberty always looks back at the end of each year and wonders WHY they missed the playoffs or what loss kept them out.......HELLO Lynchburg, you might of done it again. Good Luck vs. JMU maybe a victory will save the season. WOW!

Great victory for Robert Morris! RMU came out with a clear mission to upset Liberty and did just that. As far as the loss that kept us out comment? Liberty will fortunately not have to worry about stupid losses keeping them out of the playoffs this year! :p (as far as an at-large berth goes). It's all about the Big South this year. The loss to RMU will prevent us from skipping the opening round IF we do make it though. :o

danefan
September 19th, 2010, 07:59 PM

Yup - I had a feeling I was wrong on the record. I couldn't remember if the Cornell game was a win or loss.

That's 2003 game is one I'd like to personally forget.

blackcaesar3k5
September 20th, 2010, 02:19 AM
kudos to Coach Joe Walton...

aceinthehole
September 20th, 2010, 08:09 AM

Thanks for catching my mistake. I knew SBU had played Brown after the left the NEC. Sorry about forgetting about UA's Ivy games.

So the NEC is 2-3 all-time vs the Ivy with 2 more games to play this year.

A SHU win over Big Green would be great, but I'm not counting on it. However, I fully expect Albany to win at the Bowl.

Sly Fox
September 20th, 2010, 09:13 AM
We Liberty fans were served up a nice bowl of humility over the weekend. The Colonials outplayed us and earned the win. If Russ runs like that on a semi-regular basis then the rest of the NEC is in trouble. The kid brought his A-game Saturday against us. Now the Liberty fanbase becomes cheerleaders for RMU the rest of the season.

Oh yeah, JMU fans. I hope you saw the score from Saturday and realize you can just sleepwalk another week celebrating that VT victory. No need to pay any attention to us this week. We clearly are unworthy to even step foot in Bridgeforth. But since we have a contract I guess we'll still bring our ragtag bunch up your way.

JMUNJ08
September 20th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Oh yeah, JMU fans. I hope you saw the score from Saturday and realize you can just sleepwalk another week celebrating that VT victory. No need to pay any attention to us this week. We clearly are unworthy to even step foot in Bridgeforth. But since we have a contract I guess we'll still bring our ragtag bunch up your way.

We saw and were surprised almost more than URI putting a 1 in the win column vs. UNH. Mickey saw how you guys were trapped and we have a big home match vs. Delaware the next week, Oct. 2. He should have the boys on notice after you guys opened his eyes from all that VT celebration! Should be another good one at Bridgeforth!

BTW, if Morehead can play on our field so can you! xthumbsupx