PDA

View Full Version : Did Lee Corso just say "James Madison is no Appalachian?"

AlphaSigMD
September 18th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I was brushing my teeth and heard (what I thought was) this from the bathroom on the TV not connected to TiVo. Corso is a d-bag anyway, calling JMU a division 2 team. More stupidity on his part.

Uncle Buck
September 18th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't get annoyed if joe blow on the street got it wrong, but when your a sports commentator who covers college football, just get it right.

wr70beh
September 18th, 2010, 09:37 AM
College GameDay is nothing but a hack show, anyway. Lee Corso is paid to be a buffoon.

Lulu
September 18th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I had to run it back to hear it again. He did say James Madison was Division II. Then he was corrected that it was 1-AA. What a bunch of goobers!!!

Skjellyfetti
September 18th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Also made a lot of snickering "Blue Hose" jokes about Presbyterian at the beginning of the show.

GaSouthern
September 18th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I gotta say I like Chris Fowler, I think he is a straight shooter and knows the game better than the other fellas.

TheValleyRaider
September 18th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Corso also called VaTech the "Huskies"

I think he's clearly still feeling the effects of his stroke...

BEAR
September 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Also made a lot of snickering "Blue Hose" jokes about Presbyterian at the beginning of the show.

Blue hose .Oh the humor never ends with that nickname. A few years back UCA went to Pres. and had a field day at thier place. One interception was actually made while our defensive player was on the ground! Looked like a dying fly grabbing at whatever passed him by. Hilarious. LOL :O

Skjellyfetti
September 18th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I gotta say I like Chris Fowler, I think he is a straight shooter and knows the game better than the other fellas.

Desmond Howard is alright also.

Corso and Herbstreit are just AWFUL.

Gameday was awesome 10-15 years ago... now it just sucks.

Uncle Buck
September 18th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Herbstreit is an a$$, but i agree that Fowler is probably the most notable. Remember when he had the high school show covering athletes at that level. That's probably why he's more in touch with all levels.

mtjack
September 18th, 2010, 02:56 PM
This youtube link from a few years says it all. Focus on the sign in the background. Lee Corso is a .......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRoAnho03sc

SalukiJim
September 18th, 2010, 09:30 PM
College GameDay is nothing but a hack show, anyway. Lee Corso is paid to be a buffoon.

xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx
That he is, and he plays it well. Or maybe it just comes naturally!

ngineer
September 18th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Lee Corso is an ***. He couldn't coach, either, which is why he does what he does.

JMUNJ08
September 19th, 2010, 10:11 AM

Got to agree 100%. His comments to Herb and Corso about the deplorable actions by coaches not moving Boise EVER past 3 took some big ones. Does that not scream conspiracy at all? Anti-trust lawsuits here we come!

For Corso, I don't know if it was the stroke or the liquor but he was off on everything yesterday.

apaladin
September 19th, 2010, 12:38 PM
The one I can't stand on ESPN is Mark May. He thinks FCS is lower than dirt. Can't stand the fact that FBS teams actually play FCS teams much less lose to them. He NEVER gives any FCS teams credit.