PDA

View Full Version : GSU's football sched for 2006?

GSU Eagle
January 28th, 2006, 11:07 AM
I posed this question about a week ago and got several interesting thoughts.

What appears to be correct right now is that GSU has the 7 conference games plus Central Arkansas and Coastal Carolina.

The other 2 games are still a mystery. Last week it was widely speculated that Central Connecticut and James Madison were the other 2 games. Now I am hearding JMU's sched is already set with no GSU on it. Central Connecticut apparently is not playing GSU either.

So do any of you have any idea who our other 2 non-conference games are?

Any responses appreciated.

th0m
January 28th, 2006, 12:44 PM
JMU still has one spot left. Rumour has it that we play Marshall, but there is no official announcement yet. As of now we have two dates open, of which one would be our bye week. Those dates are 9/9 and 9/16. The projected date for the Marshall was I think the 16th, but it appears Marshall plays Kansas State on that date, so the 9th would remain. I don't know if the Eagles have an open spot on either of those dates, if not I guess you can rule us out.

JMU Duke Dog
January 28th, 2006, 11:36 PM
JMU still has one spot left. Rumour has it that we play Marshall, but there is no official announcement yet. As of now we have two dates open, of which one would be our bye week. Those dates are 9/9 and 9/16. The projected date for the Marshall was I think the 16th, but it appears Marshall plays Kansas State on that date, so the 9th would remain. I don't know if the Eagles have an open spot on either of those dates, if not I guess you can rule us out.

JMU at Marshall will be 9/9/06 now.

aceinthehole
January 29th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Central Connecticut is still tentatively scheduled to play at GSU in 2006.

GSUhooligan
January 29th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Our AD Sam Baker is a JMU alumni...don't know if that means anything.

th0m
January 29th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I for one would rather see us play GSU than Marshall, but apparantly we're already set. Good luck with the hunt ;)

EagleCrusade
January 29th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I have a hunch its B-CC....