PDA

View Full Version : MVFC week 3 pick 'em

Western_101
September 15th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Illinois State @ South Dakota State SDSU by two touchdowns.(both teams looked bad last week)
Steven F. Austin @ Northern Iowa this one could be interesting, UNI by 7
Morgan State @ North Dakota State NDSU crushes, wins by more than 35
Sam Houston State @ Western Illinois Purdue game, not the '09 Necks, Necks win 38-20
Central Connecticut State @ Youngstown State YSU by three touchdowns
SEMO @ Southern Illinois don't let last weeks score fool you SIU dominates wins by more than 30

Missouri State & Indiana State have a bye

Paladin1aa
September 15th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Agree. Pick all the home teams.

Western_101
September 16th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Hey friend,

You have probably been asked this before, but your user name seems to reference Furman and your avatar is obviously Y-town St.

So which is it.

SalukiJim
September 17th, 2010, 07:58 AM
A B-Normal team @ Jackalopes
Jacks at home need redemption. Can ABNormals stop anybody? SDSU by 10

SFA Cramperjacks @ UNI-tards
Will UNI turn up the heat to make SFA get "cramps" again? UNI by 8

MSU Tiny Bears @ Jayhawk-killers
NDSU too much vs. what should be a club-level program. NDSU by as many as they want

Piney Woods Kats @ WhatTheHellIsALeatherNeck
SHSU too much for rebuilding Macombers. SHSU by 15

CCSU @ Penny Pengies
Don't know anything about CCSU. Will pick YSU by 10 just based on home field.

RockChalk Redhawks @ Egyptian Greyhounds
Salukis seek to rebound against rebuilding neighbors from Cape. SIU by 13

darell1976
September 17th, 2010, 08:09 AM
SDSU 35-21
UNI 35 14
NDSU 28-3
SHSU 34-31 OT
YSU 28-7
SIU 42-6

Bye 14 MSU 13xlolx
ISU 21 Bye 3

Gil Dobie
September 17th, 2010, 09:08 AM
NDSU over Morgan St

WestCoastAggie
September 17th, 2010, 10:05 AM
SDSU
SF Austin
Morgan St (Final Score Morgan 17 NDSU 12 Do not sleep on the Bears Defense, which was a Top 5 FCS D in 09)
Sam Houston State
Youngstown St.
So. Illinois

Houndawg
September 17th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Agree. Pick all the home teams.

SIU will be without 3 All-Americans, SEMO is improving, runs the option and is a nearby rival. There is potential for this to be a good game.

TheBisonator
September 17th, 2010, 01:36 PM
SDSU
SF Austin
Morgan St (Final Score Morgan 17 NDSU 12 Do not sleep on the Bears Defense, which was a Top 5 FCS D in 09)
Sam Houston State
Youngstown St.
So. Illinois

Funny, funny, funny stuff.

unigriff
September 17th, 2010, 02:04 PM
After seeing NDSU..Morgan State has a great shot at winning against the Bison, I'd pick that game and CCSU against YSU as possible upsets.

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2010, 02:13 PM
After seeing NDSU..Morgan State has a great shot at winning against the Bison, I'd pick that game and CCSU against YSU as possible upsets.
You realize that NDSU was an Offensive PI call away from sending the UNI game into OT right?

Chi Panther
September 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM
You realize that NDSU was an Offensive PI call away from sending the UNI game into OT right?

They were also 4 plays away from losing by 27 points....

But I do agree that NDSU wins running away in this game...

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2010, 05:31 PM
They were also 4 plays away from losing by 27 points....

No doubt, I would've been the first to admit if NDSU would've won that game that it would've been one of the most undeserved wins I've ever seen. I just don't believe in claiming a victory was bigger and better than it actually was when you don't play well just like you can't claim a loss is better than it actually was when do play well.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now.

Twentysix
September 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM
All the home teams.

Bearvision
September 18th, 2010, 09:03 AM
SDSU 35-21
UNI 35 14
NDSU 28-3
SHSU 34-31 OT
YSU 28-7
SIU 42-6

Bye 14 MSU 13xlolx
ISU 21 Bye 3

Missouri State is pretty good this year my friend...watch and see.

And you call yourself a Dolphin fan! Shame on you!

JBB
September 18th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Steven F. Austin @ Northern Iowa I dont see how the Panthers can win. They barely squeeked by an NDSU team they unanamously agreed was no good so what chance do they have against an SFA team that is on fire?

Morgan State @ North Dakota State NDSU The BISON need a W and they need to find an offense. Closed to betting.

Illinois State @ South Dakota State I expect SDSU to roll. They are often a slow starting team.

Sam Houston State @ Western Illinois SHSU is a good program. I like WIU in this one.

Central Connecticut State @ Youngstown State YSU. I picked Butler last week. YSU is on a 1 game winning streak.

SEMO @ Southern Illinois SEMO? Never played em. This week tells us if SIU is on the downward spiral or just got knocked around by a vastly superior team last week. Even though SIU hasn't shown a thing I guess this is my upset call.

Houndawg
September 18th, 2010, 10:15 AM
It will tell us more about SIU's depth than anything; three All-Americans won't be playing this week.

JBB
September 18th, 2010, 10:43 AM
What the heck happened to them Houndawg? Not to digress but if its injuries they might affect next weeks pick too?

Houndawg
September 18th, 2010, 02:10 PM
What the heck happened to them Houndawg? Not to digress but if its injuries they might affect next weeks pick too?

Ankles.

FB, OT, & FS. Two will probably be back next week and one could probably go tonight if he had to. With the exception of QBs in the playoffs, we've been lucky the past two years with the number and timing of the injuries until now. We're strarting a tough 5 game stretch vs. SEMO, @YSU, @ISU, UNI, and SDSU before the bye week. Must go 3-2, really need to go 4-1.

Twentysix
September 19th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Did anyone come even close to guessing the MVFC?

I thought ill st had terrible D.

Does SDSU have mertens?

JBB was pretty close.

Gil Dobie
September 19th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Did anyone come even close to guessing the MVFC?

I thought ill st had terrible D.

Does SDSU have mertens?

JBB was pretty close.

Glad to see NDSU may have found an offense with a new QB.