PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Role Call...

Pard94
January 28th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Hi All,

I am noticing that the numbers of Lafayette supporters on this board have grown substantially over the last year. I remember not too long ago being a "lone voice in the night". It is great to see see the numbers increase.

I'd like to get a general idea of just how many of us there are. So, if you would be so kind, please reply with the what year you graduated (if you attended Lafayette) and whether you played for the Pards or supported the team from the stands. If you prefer to remain more anonymous, you can simply reply "present". Thanks!

I graduated in 1994
Played OT for the Leopards

Leopard Man
January 28th, 2006, 06:52 AM
:) present

65 Pard
January 28th, 2006, 08:59 AM
BS ME class of 65....Intramural football only....attended the 100th game my senior year...

Lafalumni29
January 28th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Graduated '95 & played FB for LC

Pard4Life
January 28th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Here...

Young alum...

Was at nearly every game, home and away, all four years. Saw the resurgence from worst to first close-up. How marvelous it was!

LeopardFan04
January 28th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Present!

Class of 04 went to almost every home game...a few away games...sang the Alma Mater with the Choir at a few Homecomings as well (after hitting up March Field of course)...

carney2
January 28th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Class of 64. Can't remember what else it is you wanted. - It's the aging thing, I guess.

blukeys
January 28th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Hi All,

I am noticing that the numbers of Lafayette supporters on this board have grown substantially over the last year. I remember not too long ago being a "lone voice in the night". It is great to see see the numbers increase.

I'd like to get a general idea of just how many of us there are. So, if you would be so kind, please reply with the what year you graduated (if you attended Lafayette) and whether you played for the Pards or supported the team from the stands. If you prefer to remain more anonymous, you can simply reply "present". Thanks!

I graduated in 1994
Played OT for the Leopards

You are quite right Pard. For a long time YOU WERE THE ONLY LAFAYETTE FAN on this board. Congratulations on getting some others here and thanks for your info on Lafayette and your many contributions.

I guess we will see snow on the 4th of July before we hear from Bucknell. ;) ;)

Back2Back05
January 28th, 2006, 09:31 PM
soon to graduate...

06' played FB

RadMann
January 29th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Good to see some balance to oppose the Lehigh throng... lol

Pard94
January 29th, 2006, 04:12 PM
You are quite right Pard. For a long time YOU WERE THE ONLY LAFAYETTE FAN on this board. Congratulations on getting some others here and thanks for your info on Lafayette and your many contributions.

I guess we will see snow on the 4th of July before we hear from Bucknell. ;) ;)

Thank you blukeys. One more PL Championship, one more humiliating defeat for Lehigh (maybe even a victory over Gate) and I think we might actually break double digits on the number of Laf fans on this board! Great to see!

Marcus Garvey
January 29th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Ummm.... I was accepted to Lafayette. Does that count?

If it helps, I never applied to, nor had the desire to attend Lehigh!
:smiley_wi

carney2
January 29th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I get 9, including Marcus Garvey. Does that sound right?

spider92
January 29th, 2006, 08:00 PM
I'll put you in double digits for Leopard supporters. Even though I'm a Richmond supporter first (I'm a Richmond grad), I also cheer for the Leopards. (My dad's an alum). I grew up going to homecoming as a kid so I'll always support them.

blukeys
January 29th, 2006, 08:16 PM
I'll put you in double digits for Leopard supporters. Even though I'm a Richmond supporter first (I'm a Richmond grad), I also cheer for the Leopards. (My dad's an alum). I grew up going to homecoming as a kid so I'll always support them.

Excellent first post!!! :smiley_wi :) :) :) :)

Pard94
January 30th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Excellent first post!!! :smiley_wi :) :) :) :)

Marcus and Spider...you count! Double digits it is! I am declaring victory!

carney2
January 30th, 2006, 11:16 AM

I sat next to your parents (and you) at the 2005 Richmond game - I think. Your parents now live near Georgia Southern. I that correct?

spider92
January 30th, 2006, 05:47 PM
I sat next to your parents (and you) at the 2005 Richmond game - I think. Your parents now live near Georgia Southern. I that correct?

Wow! Right you are. We teased each other for years about Lafayette and Richmond playing. We got our chance in '04 and '05. Unfortunately for me, my dad has bragging rights. :(

My parents live in Savannah and have had season tickets to the Eagles for the past few years. So, we try to support all three.

Leopard's Claw
January 30th, 2006, 08:56 PM
became a Pard in '91....and very happy that neither my colors- a little white here, a little black there, some blood red (maroon) and silver (what hair is left) mixed in- nor my nickname (unlike our "friends" down the road) have changed since.

Pards Rule
January 31st, 2006, 10:21 AM
Hey don't forget about me! I have been in South Florida on business since Friday and have not had the chance to "shout out." Grad in 1984. Have been to 26 Lehigh games (with my stuffed leopard as good luck charm). Experienced the moribund 1980 team my freshman year (no TD in six games that season!)...Witnessed the amazing rebirth under Bill Russo the next year, culminating in that magical 1981 season finale, the classic 10-3 win over favored Lehigh at old Taylor Stadium (25th anniversary this year!). We didn't get any respect that year until the final win.

Pard4Life
January 31st, 2006, 12:16 PM
Hey don't forget about me! I have been in South Florida on business since Friday and have not had the chance to "shout out." Grad in 1984. Have been to 26 Lehigh games (with my stuffed leopard as good luck charm). Experienced the moribund 1980 team my freshman year (no TD in six games that season!)...Witnessed the amazing rebirth under Bill Russo the next year, culminating in that magical 1981 season finale, the classic 10-3 win over favored Lehigh at old Taylor Stadium (25th anniversary this year!). We didn't get any respect that year until the final win.

Some things never change I see....

Lafayette71
January 31st, 2006, 12:29 PM
I get 9, including Marcus Garvey. Does that sound right?

I guess I make ten. Class of 01, Played guard oppositte Pard94's Brother. Member of the 97-00 squads

Lafayette71
January 31st, 2006, 12:32 PM
I guess I make ten. Class of 01, Played guard oppositte Pard94's Brother. Member of the 97-00 squads

maybe I should have read all the posts. We were already in double digits.

Pard94
January 31st, 2006, 01:15 PM

The Dark Years.

Lafayette71
January 31st, 2006, 03:12 PM
The Dark Years.

I've heard them refered to as that, yes. Sometimes I wonder if the blackout episodes I occasionally experienced on a saturday was really due to alcohol or whether I was blocking out the earlier events of the day.

Pard94
January 31st, 2006, 08:04 PM
I've heard them refered to as that, yes. Sometimes I wonder if the blackout episodes I occasionally experienced on a saturday was really due to alcohol or whether I was blocking out the earlier events of the day.

I suspect it was a little of both.