PDA

View Full Version : Richmond fans I need Help! Where to get tickets to sold out Richmond games?

EmeryZach
September 13th, 2010, 11:37 AM
So I'm driving down to Georgia in a couple weeks and just noticed that Delaware is playing Richmond on the 25th. I figure since it is on my way I should stop and go to the game and check out Robins Stadium.

Big problem though. Game is sold out and I can't find any tickets for re-sale anywhere on the internet. None on StubHub, none on RazorGator, etc, etc.

So where would one go to find some tickets to this game? Please help. xthumbsupx

Col Hogan
September 13th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I can't help you, but I can tell you this...

The guy who sits next to me is the god-father of a Spider freshman player...and he can't get tickets...the only games he's going to see are the wons where his god-son's parents aren't attending, and he can get their two tickets...

with the smaller stadium, it's near impossible to get tickets this year...

Skjellyfetti
September 13th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I'm a 30 minute drive from Richmond and last year went to a couple of Richmond games on weekends that I couldn't make it all the way to Boone. I was going to go to a couple this year... but, I now I don't think I'll be able to.

EmeryZach
September 13th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Darn. Guess scalpers can't even get their hands on them.

rufus
September 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
with the smaller stadium, it's near impossible to get tickets this year...

I can't tell you how much this upsets JMU fans. RIP Bridgeforth East.

henfan
September 13th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Cue the Spider faithful telling us how capacity is not an issue for UR.xbangx

bostonspider
September 13th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Your best bet would be to post your request at Spidernation.com. Someone there might have an extra ticket for you. Also the week prior to the game, any unused opponent tickets will go back on sale.

EmeryZach
September 13th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Your best bet would be to post your request at Spidernation.com. Someone there might have an extra ticket for you. Also the week prior to the game, any unused opponent tickets will go back on sale.

Thanks!

alexale23
September 13th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Just show up youll find 1. I never have been shut out of any concert or sporting event and never pay over face usually alot less. Trust me if u show up early enough and actually ask people or look for an extra you will def get in.

ur2k
September 13th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Cue the Spider faithful telling us how capacity is not an issue for UR.xbangx

We've felt is was too small, but a smaller size was the key to getting it built on campus. There's a difference there.

As for the OP, I doubt Delaware will return any tickets to us. But if they do, those and any unused student seats will be sold before the game (like Boston said). But i wouldn't count on getting any that way.

Skjellyfetti
September 13th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Any chance Elon returns tickets? This is the game I wanted to attend this year.

URMite
September 13th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I thought there were two tickets on stubhub @ $149 per seat per game for all 6 games. Are they gone?

MacThor
September 13th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Go to tailgate. Make friends. Ask around.

Somebody always has an extra.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Go to tailgate. Make friends. Ask around.

Somebody always has an extra.

that sounds like a planxthumbsupx

URMite
September 14th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Another concession to the neighbors?

Received this from UR (excerpt)

Robins Stadium Inaugural Game Sold-Out The Richmond Spiders have announced plans for the historic home-opener at Robins Stadium Saturday, Sept. 18. The game is officially sold-out. There will be no additional ticket sales. Fans without tickets are urged not to come to campus on Gameday. Live video streaming will be available on SpiderTV, and the live radio broadcast is available from the Richmond/ISP Sports Network presented by nTelos Wireless (ESPN 950, RichmondSpiders.com, and new this season - Sirius Channel 153).

The italics are from the original...

mcveyrl
September 14th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Another concession to the neighbors?

Received this from UR (excerpt)

Robins Stadium Inaugural Game Sold-Out The Richmond Spiders have announced plans for the historic home-opener at Robins Stadium Saturday, Sept. 18. The game is officially sold-out. There will be no additional ticket sales. Fans without tickets are urged not to come to campus on Gameday. Live video streaming will be available on SpiderTV, and the live radio broadcast is available from the Richmond/ISP Sports Network presented by nTelos Wireless (ESPN 950, RichmondSpiders.com, and new this season - Sirius Channel 153).

The italics are from the original...

Wow. I get having the smaller capacity, but I think you ought to welcome anybody to campus that wants to tailgate. They will presumably leave during the game and not be an issue at the conclusion.

ur2k
September 14th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Wow. I get having the smaller capacity, but I think you ought to welcome anybody to campus that wants to tailgate. They will presumably leave during the game and not be an issue at the conclusion.

True, but there's really no way to keep people out, they won't be checking tickets at the campus entrances.

mcveyrl
September 14th, 2010, 12:29 PM
True, but there's really no way to keep people out, they won't be checking tickets at the campus entrances.

I guess that's true. Merely a suggestion from the powers that be. Kind of like our dry campus...

EmeryZach
September 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I thought there were two tickets on stubhub @ $149 per seat per game for all 6 games. Are they gone?

Must be gone. I didn't see any. I wouldn't be able to pay that much anyways.

Tempted to go to the stadium and see if anyone has extras, but I'll be with my girlfriend and she would kill me if I did that.

Oh well. It was a good idea.

Any other FCS games along I95 in Virginia or North Carolina that day?