PDA

View Full Version : Villanova outclasses Lehigh

c15683
September 11th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hey if Nova heads to the Big East...LU should go with scholarships and petition to repalce them in the CAA. We have the facilities, the acedemic reputation, a full complement of competitive men's and women's teams, and a desire to settle the issue one way or another! LU and Laf could be an OOC series to fill the schedule.

Nove dominated our D/OL and their skill players didn't make mistakes.

kardplayer
September 11th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I'm pretty sure 2 picks and 3 fumbles (1 of which Lehigh recovered) would count as mistakes.

ngineer
September 11th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Actually, 'nova had 5 fumbles today, but we only recovered one. Four times the ball was on the turf and a scrum occured and 'nova came out of the pile with the ball. In a microcosm, that was the game: They were bigger, quicker and faster. In fact, I thought we looked a little timid out there. Lum looked nervous as hell. Perhaps he had justification for that, but his feet looked like a ballerina's. The trenches is where most games are won or lost, and that certainly was the case. "nova wasn't flashy. You knew what was coming and we couldn't stop it. Last time we were manhandled like this was the Holy Cross debacle of 2007.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2010, 10:26 PM
The bad has already been stated....

The positives today
OL pass protection- Lum had all day to throw on numerous occasions
WR's- were able to get open most of the day
D- outside of the secondary getting burned i thought they showed quickness and toughness. They got worn down but i think they'll be solid all year. In all honesty, Lehigh has a number of guys on D that would make Temple's two deep. There's a lot of talent on that side of the ball. The secondary needs to be better coached however.
Punter- great leg

Sader87
September 11th, 2010, 10:29 PM

The positives today
D- outside of the secondary getting burned i thought they showed quickness and toughness. They got worn down but i think they'll be solid all year.
Punter- great leg

We're both b*&^ches to the CAA right now...the PL has to get scholarships now.

ngineer
September 11th, 2010, 10:32 PM

The positives today
D- outside of the secondary getting burned i thought they showed quickness and toughness. They got worn down but i think they'll be solid all year.
Punter- great leg

Yes, I forgot about the punter. Smith did a hell of a job. Must have averaged around 40-45. Yes there were some bright spots--Spadola continues to impress. The two long passes were puzzling as our 'veteran' secondary looked like freshmen on those plays. Again, a lot of mistakes that can be corrected, and I think within the PL our line will be okay. This was just a good statement game as to how far we as a league are from even thinking about being relevant in a national discussion. If we don't go to scholarships those days of 'shooting to compete for a national championship' will be forever gone and we may as well come up with our own Brain Bowl with the IL the December. Play it at Convention Hall in AC like the old Boardwalk Bowl.