PDA

View Full Version : MEAC: Florida A&M @ Delaware State

DSUrocks07
September 11th, 2010, 06:29 PM
FAMU leads 10-6 at the half xnonono2x

IMO FAMU has to win games like this HANDEDLY to be under legitamate consideration for an At-Large bid, while DSU is a schizophrenic squad who can look great and absolutely terrible in a short span. Lavan need to have a decent season to starve off the ever-growing pack of wolves who are calling for his head. (myself included... xwhistlex)

DSUrocks07
September 11th, 2010, 07:01 PM
FAMU leads 17-14 now in the 3rd

for anyone interested in watching: http://www.famu.edu/famcast/

its free too xthumbsupx

superman7515
September 11th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Another disappointing attendance showing at DelState. Tickets for Fire/EMS/Police were $1 today... And there was a firefighters convention a couple of blocks away... And still no one knew about it or showed up.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 11th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Another disappointing attendance showing at DelState. Tickets for Fire/EMS/Police were $1 today... And there was a firefighters convention a couple of blocks away... And still no one knew about it or showed up.

I watched a bit of the live feed, but it was too depressing so I had to turn away. It seemed like the camera guys were intentionally trying to avoid shots of the sparsely populated stands. There are high schools in the Dover area that routinely get much larger turnouts for games, what is DSU doing wrong that it can't market the games and get butts in the seats?

superman7515
September 12th, 2010, 07:20 AM
You're correct about that. Caesar Rodney High and Dover High both outdraw the Hornets. I don't know pretend to know what the problem is, but I can give this little bit. They had the $1 ticket promotion I mention for firefighters/ems/police. I've been a firefighter here in DE for 13 years and no one I know had any idea that DelState was doing this promotion, and like I said, there was a firefighters convention and meeting down the street with thousands of people there. If they had mailed/faxed fliers to the fire stations and police stations around the state, that may have helped them out quite a bit. It wasn't like it was a bad game or a bad team they were bringing in, Florida A&M has name recognition. I don't know how the rest of their promotions go, but the only time I see or hear anything about the Hornets is the single billboard they have with the schedule up right in front of the stadium when you're going to the mall. Not exactly putting yourself out there.

UD did a similar promotion yesterday, $10 tickets for fire/ems/police & MILITARY. For goodness sakes, DelState is 5 minutes from Dover Air Force Base. There's over 5,000 people right there; base housing has around 3500 alone. But DelState has no advertising.