PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota's Dante Warren nominated for ABC Player of the Week

Yote 53
September 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Just saw it on ABC. Vote early and often FCS'ers!

SIU_Phatty
September 11th, 2010, 05:14 PM
He totally earned it. I can't begin to describe how much he impressed me. He throws a beautiful ball and he is extremely mobile. No offense to South Dakota, but I'm sure I wasn't the only person watching today that thought, "How in the world did this guy end up in South Dakota instead of a bigger school?"

Yote 53
September 11th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Funny you say that. He is from the Chicago area and was the Parochial League MVP. Not like he was flying under the radar as he played H.S. right in the middle of Big Ten Country and earned plenty of All-This&That awards out of school.

Yote 53
September 13th, 2010, 07:04 AM
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/index?page=caponecup

Vote early and often. Would be nice to see an FCS'er beat out some of the big boys.

UNIFanSince1983
September 13th, 2010, 07:55 AM
You know I voted for him, but it was hard for me to pick him over Robinson from Michigan. It is impressive when a transitional FCS program can go into a Big 10 stadium and win. And even more so for that one quarterback to account for 5 TDs. In fact it now worries me for when we have to make the trip to Vermillion later this year especially with you guys wanting to get payback for the beat down we put on last year.

Good luck to him in this voting, but I think the cards are stacked against him. If it wasn't a week when Denard Robinson had 258 rushing yards and 244 passing yards, and scored the winning TD with 24 seconds left he might have a better chance.

bonarae
September 13th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Unfortunately, Warren's currently dead last in the voting so far. Denard leads by a landslide.