PDA

View Full Version : Should JMU be Ranked #1 in the FCS Polls next week

tribe_pride
September 11th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Since people are talking about it on the other threads but nobody is posting it, here you go.

blukeys
September 11th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Have they beaten a quality team from the CAA????

NHwildEcat
September 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Simple answer...yes.

Mntneer
September 11th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Umm, great win but no.

whitey
September 11th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Duh!

1a. James Madison
1b. Jacksonville State
1c. North Dakota State
1d. South Dakota
1e. Gardner-Webb

Obviously.

JMU2004
September 11th, 2010, 03:37 PM
nope....no way, no how. No one know how good VT is....and they had a short week and were FLAT as hell.

We should be around #5-#7 next week

Cocky
September 11th, 2010, 04:07 PM
If the FCS teams keep winning it going to be 1a thru 1z!!!

PhoenixSupreme
September 11th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I'd still put them behind Montana, 'Nova, and JSU at the very least. I know JMU beat a better team than JSU, but something about the JSU win makes me feel that it was a better win. I wanna say it's partially more due to the offensive nature of their game, but I also feel it's partially due to the fact that Virginia Tech is not really considered a high-scoring team as well but rather relies on its defense.

SalukiJim
September 11th, 2010, 04:39 PM
nope....no way, no how. No one know how good VT is....and they had a short week and were FLAT as hell.

We should be around #5-#7 next week

You sound like the ESPN apologists! Ha~ GREAT win for your program, nobody can say you did not earn it!

SIU_Phatty
September 11th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I think JMU earned the #1 ranking. The rankings of many of the other top teams (such as Montana) are based solely on preseason speculation at this point, so why not put a team like JMU at #1 who has proven they are good on the field? If they trip up in subsequent weeks, or other teams prove their worth on the field, the rankings can be adjusted.

VT may be overrated, but that doesn't change the fact that they are ranked #13 this week, which means JMU has the best FCS win to date this year. Now, if VT loses the next four games, we can always adjust the quality of this win in a subsequent poll.