PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - WEEK 2

89Hen
September 7th, 2010, 01:36 PM
What is the I-AA game of the week?

POLL COMING

danefan
September 7th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I went SDSU @ UD, but it could have just as easily been NDSU @ UNI.

WrenFGun
September 7th, 2010, 01:50 PM
NDSU v UNI to me, with close honors to UD/SDSU and JSU/Chattanooga. I need to know if NDSU's offense can do anything, and I need to know if UNI will be a threat this year. NDSU would have some bigtime helium if they can win back-to-back on the road against Kansas and UNI.

I think UD/SDSU will be a nice opportunity for bragging rights in the MVFC v CAA debate. It should tell us if the "middle-tier CAA team is as good as a top-tier MVFC" argument holds any water, even though I think UD is probably more than middle-tier.

Want to see if Jacksonville State can keep up the momentum after last week's miracle, and if Chattanooga can recover after the disastrous loss to ASU.

Smitty
September 7th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Chatt VS JSU

Chattanooga coming off a close loss against APP St. and JSU coming off a huge victory. All of this equals a great game.

Silenoz
September 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM
North Dakota State at Northern Iowa

Big Dawg
September 7th, 2010, 08:02 PM
How did Mississippi Valley State vs. South Carolina State even make the list...that game shouldn't even be close.

Tod
September 7th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Chatt VS JSU

Chattanooga coming off a close loss against APP St. and JSU coming off a huge victory. All of this equals a great game.

Ditto.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2010, 11:17 PM
I think it's Colgate-Furman.

The Patriot League is home to some of the best games this week. Villanova @ Lehigh, Colgate @ Furman and Holy Cross @ UMass

RabidRabbit
September 8th, 2010, 07:46 AM
SDSU vs UD. Two great teams, two tough leagues, FCS needs more of these kind of OOC games.

Agree that NDSU vs UNI has become a critical MVFC game after the Bison win at KS.

Likewise, the Chatty vs Jax St is a critical game if Chatty is to get into rankings/ play-offs. Jax ST needs to break through for the OVC.

McNeese75
September 8th, 2010, 08:45 AM
SDSU vs UD. Two great teams, two tough leagues, FCS needs more of these kind of OOC games.

Yep and one of those teams needs to suck it up and venture outside the friendly confines of their own stadium for some of those tough FCS OOC games xnodx

Schfourteenteen
September 8th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Good set of games there....minus the SC State game...woof!

SD State vs Delaware is just too good of a matchup to miss.

Fear the Bird
September 8th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Yep and one of those teams needs to suck it up and venture outside the friendly confines of their own stadium for some of those tough FCS OOC games xnodx

I'll take the bait and assume that was a shot at UD scheduling. How quickly we forget that UD just went to FU 2 years ago without having the favor returned

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2010, 10:08 AM

WE'VE GONE TA...GEORGIA SOUFFERN...FURMAN...YOUNGSTOWN...NAVY...MARYLAND.. .PITT IN UH COUPLE YEARS...xconfusedxxchinscratchxxconfusedx...AWK!

Dane96
September 8th, 2010, 10:13 AM
After watching last weeks games (all teams involved but for Furman Colgate), I dont think there are great games there as you say. I would be surprised if 'Nova and UMass didnt handle business easily. I would however put the Lehigh-'Nova game in the interesting category because Lehigh did look impressive at some positions (this is in the SFA-Albany category for me as well...as the favorite should win but the underdog brings some intriguing aspects to the game that could make it interesting).

As for Colgate-Furman...Colgate did not impress last week, unless of course Monmouth is suprisingly that good.

The SDSU-Delaware, NDSU-UNI and Jax-Chatty game are by far the best games of the week.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2010, 10:25 AM
A good conference game in NDSU/UNI vs a good intersectional game in SDSU vs Delaware.

OL FU
September 8th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I think it's Colgate-Furman.

The Patriot League is home to some of the best games this week. Villanova @ Lehigh, Colgate @ Furman and Holy Cross @ UMass

I don't know if Colgate@Furman would be the game, but it certainly should be considered. One in the top 25 in TSN Poll and the other in AGS. After Saturday,the victor should be in the top 25 for both polls.