PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly football announcement

Polywog
September 6th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I orginally was going to post this in one of the WAC expansion threads, but it looks like there's a Big Sky opportunity as well so I gave it a thread of it's own.

(pleeeeeeease let the Sky take Poly and Davis as football only members....)

------------------------------------
Major announcement due Tuesday

Cal Poly interim president Robert Glidden told ESPN Radio 1280 during halftime of Saturday’s game that the university would be making a major announcement regarding the football program at Alex G. Spanos Stadium on Tuesday.

Mustangs athletic director Alison Cone acknowledged the announcement Sunday but could not confirm details.

Cal Poly is one of many schools rumored to change its conference affiliation and to possibly change subdivisions.

The Western Athletic Conference, a Football Bowl Subdivision conference, announced it had put together a search committee to identify potential members this past week. The commissioner of the Big Sky Conference, a 10-team Football Championship Subdivision conference, said in early August it would be open to expansion.

Cone did say that she has met formally with Glidden about conference realignment in the past month.

Read more: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2010/09/05/1277291/cal-poly-football-notebook.html#ixzz0ymH8m3jD

JBB
September 6th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Do I detect a fatal blow for the GWFC?

If Poly leaves scheduling problems for the remaining members just got worse.

uofmman1122
September 6th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I think what we might see is Poly given a spot in the Big Sky, with the option on the table to go to the WAC should they offer. That way, if they don't end up going to the WAC, they'll be in a better position in a better conference that has an automatic berth in the FCS playoffs. Just a thought.

darell1976
September 6th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Do I detect a fatal blow for the GWFC?

If Poly leaves scheduling problems for the remaining members just got worse.

It would definately kill the conference. Hopefully the MVFC will open its doors to North and South Dakota and as for Southern Utah maybe they can find a home somewhere too.

Willie
September 6th, 2010, 02:28 PM
The rumor is that the Big Sky could possibly be inviting Cal Poly, UC-Davis, and Southern Utah to make a 12-team conference. Then split into 2 divisions.

uofmman1122
September 6th, 2010, 02:29 PM
The rumor is that the Big Sky could possibly be inviting Cal Poly, UC-Davis, and Southern Utah to make a 12-team conference. Then split into 2 divisions.That sounds pretty good.

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2010, 02:31 PM
The rumor is that the Big Sky could possibly be inviting Cal Poly, UC-Davis, and Southern Utah to make a 12-team conference. Then split into 2 divisions.

Sounds like a good scenario, then add UND and USD to the MVFC to sort things out.

Hammersmith
September 6th, 2010, 02:32 PM

Just for football, right? That would give the BSC 12 football teams and 10 all-sports teams. I can't imagine the Cali schools would be eager to give up the low travel costs of the Big West.

darell1976
September 6th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Just for football, right? That would give the BSC 12 football teams and 10 all-sports teams. I can't imagine the Cali schools would be eager to give up the low travel costs of the Big West.

I believe thats all it is for. If SUU goes to the Big Sky for basketball that opens UND to take its spot in the Summit League.

Willie
September 6th, 2010, 02:44 PM
It'll be interesting to see what happens, but I'm sure the BSC is adding at least one more full member. But I love the idea of the 12-team football conference. And hopefully they do it right, and keep Montana and Montana State in the same division, unlike what the Big Ten did with OSU and Michigan.

JSUBison
September 6th, 2010, 02:48 PM
It'll be interesting to see what happens, but I'm sure the BSC is adding at least one more full member. But I love the idea of the 12-team football conference. And hopefully they do it right, and keep Montana and Montana State in the same division, unlike what the Big Ten did with OSU and Michigan.

I read on egriz more than a few people were concerned with the 12 team league, with UM losing out on home games. I agree with that point. The griz may get screwed on this.

MplsBison
September 6th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I read on egriz more than a few people were concerned with the 12 team league, with UM losing out on home games. I agree with that point. The griz may get screwed on this.

How? 12 teams still means 4 conference home games for Montana. Montana State will always be a conference game for the Griz - that's just how it is.

Who else in the league is UM so attached to? I highly doubt it's really going to matter if you get UNC, SUU, ISU and Sac St as home games in a year - UM fans will sell out the place to watch some DII team. xwhistlex

slostang
September 6th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I would assume in a 12 team 2 division format that each team would play every team in their division (5 games) and 3 games against the other division. That way you would play every team in the other division every other year. You also maintain the 4 home and 4 away conference format the Big Sky has now. I like it.

Ronbo
September 6th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Could affect the ability to do any more home and homes with App. State, McNeese, and North Dakota State. Fans will not like only 5 home games. So the OOC H&H's will dissappear.

slostang
September 6th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Could affect the ability to do any more home and homes with App. State, McNeese, and North Dakota State. Fans will not like only 5 home games. So the OOC H&H's will dissappear.

Did you even read the post above? Most likely they will still play 8 conference games. How would that be different than you have now and how will it effect ability to do any more home and home with good teams?

TBIRDSFN10
September 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM

From what i understand, SUU would be switching all sports to the Big SKY. So they would be a full member. I really hope this happens. It will be great for the FCS West region as a whole.

Ronbo
September 6th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Did you even read the post above? Most likely they will still play 8 conference games. How would that be different than you have now and how will it effect ability to do any more home and home with good teams?

You have a link confirming there will be 8 Conference games instead of 9?

Torgo
September 6th, 2010, 03:32 PM
If the Big Sky does go to 12 teams and stays at 12 teams it would still likely be an 8 game (4/4) schedule each year, which wouldn't affect the home and away issue at all. The only conference that does a 9 game schedule is the Pac-10, which has every team facing each other. With the additions of Colorado and Utah that will cease being the case.

Conferences with divisions don't play every team every year...and even large ones without divisions don't play that sort of schedule...the Big Ten (11) currently plays an 8 game conference schedule, meaning each school doesn't play two conference foes each year.

I can see the reason for issues within the Big Sky about allow schools in as football-only members when other members had to add sports to join (Portland State and basketball, for instance)...but the scheduling shouldn't prove to be an issue. Montana and Montana State would happen every year, regardless of how the divisions would be made up...and if its geographical then the main rivalries would remain intact.

NoCoDanny
September 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Honestly I don't see the advantage to adding football only members even if they are quality programs that doesn't help the conference overall if more than 2 members go to the WAC. Adding SUU is a good insurance policy so that seems like a no brainer so that if you lose 2 you're still at 8.

slostang
September 6th, 2010, 03:47 PM

No link, just logic and knowing what other large conferences with 2 divisions do.

Any guess on the divisions?

Here is mine:

North:

EWU
PSU
MSU
UM
ISU
NC

South:

Sac State
UC Davis
Cal Poly
Weber State
Southern Utah
Northern Arizona

slostang
September 6th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Honestly I don't see the advantage to adding football only members even if they are quality programs that doesn't help the conference overall if more than 2 members go to the WAC. Adding SUU is a good insurance policy so that seems like a no brainer so that if you lose 2 you're still at 8.

With out this option some FCS might be forced to move up or drop football and that would be bad for the FCS in the West.

Ronbo
September 6th, 2010, 03:50 PM
You want to probably trade Weber State for Portland State. Western Divsion, Mountain Division works better.

ISU travels with Weber. SUU travels with NAU, Portland State travels with Sac. State because Davis is not all sports.

slostang
September 6th, 2010, 03:54 PM
You want to probably trade Weber State for Portland State. Western Divsion, Mountain Division works better.

For travel purposes I would think you would want to keep Weber State together with Southern Utah. Could go East/West.

West:

EWU
PSU
Sac State
UC Davis
Cal Poly
Northern Arizona

East:

ISU
MSU
UM
Weber State
Southern Utah
NC

darell1976
September 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM
So if this happens what are the chances the MVFC will accept UND, and USD and split into 2 divisions. There is a study going on with the Summit, MVFC, and BSC due out next year...maybe this is part of it.

slostang
September 6th, 2010, 04:01 PM
So if this happens what are the chances the MVFC will accept UND, and USD and split into 2 divisions. There is a study going on with the Summit, MVFC, and BSC due out next year...maybe this is part of it.

I would think they would be good.

Polywog
September 6th, 2010, 04:59 PM

Perhaps this is insurance to stay at 10 teams with an impending UM/MSU defection to the WAC?

Ah, conspiracy theories :)

Green Laser
September 6th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I have no problem with Poly, davis and Southern Utah coming into the Big Sky. I think that it would be a plus and create more interest in Big Sky Football especially here in California. Currently Sac State as the only California BSC member is isolated in what is essentially a intermountain conference.
Not to insult anybody but among the average sports fan in California (not connected with Sac State, Poly or davis) there is very little feeling of connection, awareness, interest or appreciation for the other BSC schools (and FCS football in general) no matter how successful they may have been athletically. I am sure that also exists with intermountain fans with regards to Sac State. This expansion would turn the BSC from primarily a intermountain conference into a western regional conference which would build relevance and interest throughout the region.
My only issue is that if Poly and davis were to be admitted as football only members while remaining in the Big West, Sac State should be offered the same deal.

wapiti
September 6th, 2010, 05:35 PM
For travel purposes I would think you would want to keep Weber State together with Southern Utah. Could go East/West.

West:

EWU
PSU
Sac State
UC Davis
Cal Poly
Northern Arizona

East:

ISU
MSU
UM
Weber State
Southern Utah
NC

I would go West/East as well but divide as follows:
West
Sac State
UC Davis
Cal Poly
Portland State
NAU
SUU

East
EWU
ISU
UM
MSU
Weber
NC

Jackman
September 6th, 2010, 07:45 PM
No link, just logic and knowing what other large conferences with 2 divisions do.

That might not be logical in the Big Sky's case. With the Great West teams making up such a large percentage of the Big Sky's non-conference schedule, it may very well make sense to move to a 9 or even 10 game conference schedule. There isn't anyone else left out west to schedule except non-scholarship San Diego and Division II teams.

NoCoDanny
September 6th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah the more I've thought about it this it makes sense. Get to 10 for all sports, bring the CA schools in to help the subdivision in the region and if you lose 2 teams in a year you're fine, if you lose more than 2 then you scramble but it's less of a scramble.

JBB
September 6th, 2010, 10:22 PM
The problem with Montana losing revenue could be solved by some type of favorable travel agraingments or some type of flat payment to Montana? Montana has to be treated right. They are about to start the big series of home/homes anyway. They can start bringing in UND, USD and an eastern school.

Green26
September 6th, 2010, 11:05 PM
This would be a positive for Montana, not a negative, in my view. See my recent more complete post in the other similar thread.

I Bleed Purple
September 6th, 2010, 11:42 PM
No one wants to touch the OOC issue? One poster did, but most here seem to be ignoring it altogether.

malibudude
September 6th, 2010, 11:53 PM
I have no problem with Poly, davis and Southern Utah coming into the Big Sky. I think that it would be a plus and create more interest in Big Sky Football especially here in California. Currently Sac State as the only California BSC member is isolated in what is essentially a intermountain conference.
Not to insult anybody but among the average sports fan in California (not connected with Sac State, Poly or davis) there is very little feeling of connection, awareness, interest or appreciation for the other BSC schools (and FCS football in general) no matter how successful they may have been athletically. I am sure that also exists with intermountain fans with regards to Sac State. This expansion would turn the BSC from primarily a intermountain conference into a western regional conference which would build relevance and interest throughout the region.
My only issue is that if Poly and davis were to be admitted as football only members while remaining in the Big West, Sac State should be offered the same deal.

Great point. You have found the sticky bit of the deal. The Hornets would be much better off in the BW for all other
sports than FB.

slostang
September 7th, 2010, 12:20 AM
No one wants to touch the OOC issue? One poster did, but most here seem to be ignoring it altogether.

Cal Poly is only playing one BSC team this year. Southern Utah is playing two. UC Davis is playing three. Each Great West team schedules 7 OOC games. That means Cal Poly found 6 OOC other than the BSC. Southern Utah found 5 and Davis found 4. Poly and Davis are even further from most FCS teams outside the BSC/GWC. I do not see this as a big problem for the expanded Big Sky.

I do see it as a problem if the BSC did not do this and Poly and Davis were forced to either go to the WAC or drop football and Southern Utah left for the MVFC/Summit or drop football. That would be a much bigger problem for the BSC. Also, the BSC will give each team 8 conference games, there is nothing stopping teams from scheduling the other BSC teams who are not on their schedule for a OOC game. In know that has happen in the past with the CAA.

FYI, USD and UND both only have one game against Big Sky teams this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 7th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Cal Poly is only playing one BSC team this year. Southern Utah is playing two. UC Davis is playing three. Each Great West team schedules 7 OOC games. That means Cal Poly found 6 OOC other than the BSC. Southern Utah found 5 and Davis found 4. Poly and Davis are even further from most FCS teams outside the BSC/GWC. I do not see this as a big problem for the expanded Big Sky.

I do see it as a problem if the BSC did not do this and Poly and Davis were forced to either go to the WAC or drop football and Southern Utah left for the MVFC/Summit or drop football. That would be a much bigger problem for the BSC. Also, the BSC will give each team 8 conference games, there is nothing stopping teams from scheduling the other BSC teams who are not on their schedule for a OOC game. In know that has happen in the past with the CAA.

FYI, USD and UND both only have one game against Big Sky teams this year.

It's happened in the Big Sky before. I know that we played ISU as an OOC game in 1986 so if you're in a pinch it has been done that way before and can make things a whole lot easier because you have more teams to work with if you have to.

FCS Go!
September 7th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I'll be surprised if this has anything to do with Big Sky football- stadium expansion or some kind of preliminary "we're going to try for FBS so start writing big checks" thing seems most likely. A conference change would be announced by the conference itself, right?

Green26
September 7th, 2010, 06:32 AM
"Both Cal Poly and the Big Sky Conference have scheduled press conferences for Tuesday afternoon, and though neither body is talking about the subject matter, the timing appears to be related.

The Tribune of San Luis Obispo, Calif., announced that Cal Poly's press conference is set for 3:30 p.m. Mountain time, in the president's suite at Alex G. Spanos Stadium, home to the football Mustangs.

Jon Kasper, assistant commissioner for media relations for the Big Sky, said on Monday, "All I can tell you is the Big Sky will be having a press conference at 1 p.m. tomorrow."

There has been rampant speculation in California that Cal Poly could be part of a conference realignment. That includes a rumor that the Mustangs, as well as UC-Davis, could become either full-fledged or football-only members of the Big Sky.

The latter would be a first for the Big Sky, which took shape in 1963. The league mandates that member schools all take part in the same 14 sports.

"There's a lot of rumors out there, but we're hearing the same thing, and we're not sure what's coming across," Montana athletic director Jim O'Day said. "There's a lot of speculation about the Big Sky, the WAC and where Cal Poly will end up.

"I'm sure we'll hear more tomorrow morning."

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/article_fd3e10dc-b9f0-11df-8c66-001cc4c002e0.html

TexasTerror
September 7th, 2010, 07:14 AM
How does a move by Cal Poly and/or UC-Davis impact their chances of becoming members of the WAC? Both schools have been mentioned as potential WAC members and it just seems that a move to the Big Sky - whether it be all sports or just football - would show that the school(s) are acknowledging that they are not ready just yet to be at the FBS level.

Ronbo
September 7th, 2010, 07:25 AM
With the economy I'm just not sure who would be ready for a jump to FBS. It would be a leap of faith. Some economists are saying 2011 could be worse than 2010.

slostang
September 7th, 2010, 08:51 AM
"Both Cal Poly and the Big Sky Conference have scheduled press conferences for Tuesday afternoon, and though neither body is talking about the subject matter, the timing appears to be related.

The Tribune of San Luis Obispo, Calif., announced that Cal Poly's press conference is set for 3:30 p.m. Mountain time, in the president's suite at Alex G. Spanos Stadium, home to the football Mustangs.[/url]

Cal Poly announced their press conference is at 2:00 pm (PST). That would make it at 1:00 pm (MT), same time as the Big Sky conference's press conference.

darell1976
September 7th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Cal Poly announced their press conference is at 2:00 pm (PST). That would make it at 1:00 pm (MT), same time as the Big Sky conference's press conference.

2 PST is 3 MT

Red & Black
September 7th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I wish the Big Sky would just quit dickin' around and add UC-Davis, Cal-Poly, and Southern Utah. It only makes sense and would greatly solidify FCS football on in the western US. CAA eat your heart out.

cpalum
September 7th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Slostang have you heard anything else? Is it possible that they are announcing not only a move to the BSC but also a stadium expansion? And if so why? The stadium seems to work just fine for FCS?

SUUTbird
September 7th, 2010, 10:12 AM
If SUU is going to the Big Sky at all it should be for EVERY sport not just basketball. The Thunderbirds are a great geographical fit, can get the rivalry with Weber started again and could compete and do very well in all sports in the Big Sky especially football in basketball as in football we have gone from doormat to what i believe is a playoff (at large bid) contender and one of the favorites for the GWC championship. And in basketball, the state of utah as a whole has decent basketball teams and i feel we would compete very well in the Sky.

Dignan
September 7th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I wish the Big Sky would just quit dickin' around and add UC-Davis, Cal-Poly, and Southern Utah. It only makes sense and would greatly solidify FCS football on in the western US. CAA eat your heart out.

Sorry, we're not hungry, we just finished eating our young.

Actually sounds cool, will be nice to have another really solid conference to go along with the CAA and SoCon in FCS.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 7th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Sorry, we're not hungry, we just finished eating our young.

Actually sounds cool, will be nice to have another really solid conference to go along with the CAA and SoCon in FCS.

The Big Sky has been as solid a conference as either of those two over the last 10,20, 30 years but this makes a lot of sense going forward but I ain't big on the football only members. I'll take it, but I hope they go full membership of course.

Dignan
September 7th, 2010, 11:37 AM
The Big Sky has been as solid a conference as either of those two over the last 10,20, 30 years but this makes a lot of sense going forward but I ain't big on the football only members. I'll take it, but I hope they go full membership of course.

I was referring mainly to the impression that the Big Sky has been to some extent (not totally) a one-trick pony for the last few years. Bringing in some other strong programs such as Cal-Poly probably will improve that and make the conference more competitive at the top. Really I'm not trying to talk smack so please don't take it the wrong way, I know that Weber St and Montana St also have pretty strong programs.

As far as the reluctance about football only members goes, I can understand you there.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 7th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I was referring mainly to the impression that the Big Sky has been to some extent (not totally) a one-trick pony for the last few years. Bringing in some other strong programs such as Cal-Poly probably will improve that and make the conference more competitive at the top. Really I'm not trying to talk smack so please don't take it the wrong way, I know that Weber St and Montana St also have pretty strong programs.

As far as the reluctance about football only members goes, I can understand you there.

Gotcha, and I totally agree with ya on that. In reality though EWU has been stronger than either Weber or MSU over the last 8-10 yrs. but it really is only one or two of those three providing a clear challenge at the top.

The BSC as a whole usually ranks above the MVFC and the Socon but the top spot is/was the CAA as far as overall conference strength goes for the past whatever years.

FCS Go!
September 7th, 2010, 12:43 PM
"Both Cal Poly and the Big Sky Conference have scheduled press conferences for Tuesday afternoon...

I stand corrected. UC Davis is rumored to have one lined up as well. Great for the Big Sky if both these teams join. I'd like to see S. Utah as well.

F'N Hawks
September 7th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Cal Poly and Davis are going to the Big Sky as football only members.

This leaves UND and USD onthe outs....for now. Things may change quickly with the Big Sky after the announcement.

darell1976
September 7th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Cal Poly and Davis are going to the Big Sky as football only members.

This leaves UND and USD onthe outs....for now. Things may change quickly with the Big Sky after the announcement.

I hope at this conference or shortly afterwards there is talk about what will happen with UND,USD, and SUU. Maybe the GWFC commish can shine some light on this.

TexasTerror
September 7th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Just rec'd the following e-mail from the Big Sky Conference...

The Big Sky Conference will conduct a teleconference with Big Sky Conference Commissioner Doug Fullerton at 5 p.m. Mountain, 4 p.m. Pacific. More information will be released by the Big Sky at 2 p.m. Mountain, 1 p.m. Pacific.

Also provided a number to call-in for media...

catbob
September 7th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Our sports writer just tweeted that UC Davis & Poly will be joining the Big Sky, from an inside source.

Uncle Rico's Clan
September 7th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Our sports writer just tweeted that UC Davis & Poly will be joining the Big Sky, from an inside source.

Any word on if it will be as full members or football only?

TexasTerror
September 7th, 2010, 02:48 PM
All indications are FOOTBALL only...

The Cal Poly athletic department is expected to announce its intention to join a new football conference at its news conference scheduled for 2 p.m. at Alex G. Spanos Stadium.

Though early speculation had the Mustangs mentioned to replace one of three teams leaving the Western Athletic Conference in the next three years, the Mustangs are more likely headed to the Big Sky Conference.

The Big Sky, a nine-team Football Championship Subdivision Conference, could possibly take Cal Poly as a football-only member, allowing most of the Mustangs' other sports to remain in the California-only Big West Conference.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2010/09/07/1278718/cal-poly-football-finds-new-conference.html

TexasTerror
September 7th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Cal Poly and UC Davis will join the Big Sky Conference today as football affiliates, two sources with knowledge of the situation said.

The Big Sky is expected to release a statement at 2 p.m. announcing the addition of the two California schools, which currently compete in the Great West Conference for football but will remain in the Big West Conference for all other sports.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/article_b3809196-bab7-11df-bba8-001cc4c03286.html

Franks Tanks
September 7th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Good for Poly and Davis.

darell1976
September 7th, 2010, 02:56 PM
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/article_b3809196-bab7-11df-bba8-001cc4c03286.html

One source said that the addition of Cal Poly and UC Davis would not take place until 2012 at the earliest.

That gives UND, USD, and SUU 2 years to find a home!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 7th, 2010, 03:00 PM
This is F********* GREAT NEWS!!! I love it! Welcome aboard Cal Poly and UC-Davis!!!

cpalum
September 7th, 2010, 03:06 PM
This is F********* GREAT NEWS!!! I love it! Welcome aboard Cal Poly and UC-Davis!!!

I for one could not be happier with this ......screw the WAC. Big Sky thank you thank you

I Bleed Purple
September 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM
http://www.bigskyconf.com/splash.aspx

sikolec
September 7th, 2010, 03:11 PM
http://www.bigskyconf.com/splash.aspx

Well not sure if you can get much more official then that. Will be interesting to see who/if there will be a 12th team and as to whether there will be a split of divisions and championship type game....

tribe_pride
September 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Can't do a championship game in FCS if you want to compete in the playoffs (at least I don't think)

Shockerman
September 7th, 2010, 03:17 PM
How long before Sac State wants to opt out of the Big Sky and move all sports but football over to the Big West?

Polywog
September 7th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Fantastic! The perfect situation for both Poly and Davis. We keep our Olympic sports in the Big West, and we are now part of THE BEST FCS CONFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY!!!!

Go Cal Poly!
Go Big Sky!

TexasTerror
September 7th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Sports Network write-up...

"This is an extremely exciting day for our football program and the institution," UC Davis athletic director Greg Warzecka said. "Our fans will not only be able to watch some great teams come to Aggie Stadium, but they will have a much better opportunity to travel to road games."

"Our goal all along has been to find stability for our football program, and the Big Sky Conference gives us exactly what we needed," Cal Poly athletic director Alison Cone said. "The Big Sky Conference is one of the best FCS conferences in the country and offers great competition with teams that are natural rivals in our region."

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4340146

http://www.bigskyconf.com/images/2010/9/7/CalPoly_UC-Davis.jpg