PDA

View Full Version : 2006 JMU Football Schedule

JMU Duke Dog
January 23rd, 2006, 10:07 PM
Just found this out from JMU's message board from a W&M poster that found the information from the Division II message board, the Dukes will be playing Division II Bloomsburg to finalize the 2006 regular season schedule.

9/2 vs. Bloomsburg
9/9 Open
9/16 at Marshall
9/23 vs. Northeastern
9/30 at VMI
10/7 vs. Rhode Island (Family Weekend)
10/14 at New Hampshire
10/21 vs. William & Mary (Homecoming)
10/28 at Richmond
11/4 vs. Delaware
11/11 at Villanova
11/18 at Towson

Last time JMU had a schedule with both a Div. II and Div. I-A in the same season along with Delaware and W&M at home, the Dukes went on to win a national championship.

th0m
January 24th, 2006, 02:55 AM
I would be very disappointed if we would indeed play Bloomsburg.

JMU Duke Dog
January 24th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I would be very disappointed if we would indeed play Bloomsburg.

JMU is playing Bloomsburg.

bandl
January 24th, 2006, 08:25 AM
JMU is playing Bloomsburg.
Bloomsburg?? What the hell is that? Is that a small independent country in one of the Great Lakes? Never heard of 'em.

JMU Duke Dog
January 24th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Bloomsburg?? What the hell is that? Is that a small independent country in one of the Great Lakes? Never heard of 'em.

Bloomsburg is a Division II school in PA from the PSAC which also has Lock Haven as a conference member. Bloomsburg went 11-1 in 2005 with the following schedule.

Aug. 27 SLIPPERY ROCK W, 40-24
Sept. 3 at Fairmont State W, 33-0
Sept. 10 SHIPPENSBURG W, 49-21
Sept. 17 at Lock Haven W, 63-0 (JMU beat Lock Haven 56-0 in 2005.)
Sept. 24 at Indiana (PA) W, 27-0
Oct. 1 at East Stroudsburg W, 31-24, OT
Oct. 8 KUTZTOWN (Parent's Weekend) W, 12-0
Oct. 15 at Cheyney W, 48-14
Oct. 22 at Mansfield W, 40-12
Oct. 29 WEST CHESTER (Homecoming) W, 42-35
Nov. 5 MILLERSVILLE W, 42-28
Nov. 19 NCAA PLAYOFFS vs. East Stroudsburg L, 52-39

http://www.bloomu.edu/sports/fb05/photos/rock/images/bu%20footbal%2005-29.jpg
Jamar Brittingham

Bloomsburg will be starting a new QB in 2005; however, their RB Jamar Brittingham who was the highest rated RB in PA when he was in high school (apparently JMU scouted him out in high school) averaged 188.3 rushing yards per game. Bloomsburg is definitely a HUGE step up from Lock Haven as they even beat them worse than we did in 2005. Unfortunately a HUGE negative drawback from playing Bloomsburg is that a win will not count towards the Division I-AA playoffs which could be extremely bad if we are a bubble playoff team in 2006.

bodoyle
January 24th, 2006, 08:37 AM
shippensburg????
kutztown???

You officially have no room to talk about our schedule anymore. xlolx :smiley_wi

JMU Duke Dog
January 24th, 2006, 08:40 AM
shippensburg????
kutztown???

You officially have no room to talk about our schedule anymore. xlolx :smiley_wi

I do not recall JMU fans ever ridiculing CCU over their schedule. JMU is playing only Bloomsburg not the entire PSAC.

bluehenbillk
January 24th, 2006, 08:42 AM
You beat me too it, but beware of Jamar Brittingham, he may be the most talented RB in the history of D-2. He had 2,260 yds rushing & 32 TD's last year in the regular season alone.

Was recruited by every school in the country but didn't have the grades to goto any of them, went to prep school & had a flirtation with Rutgers before he landed at Bloom. This guy is as good or better than anyone JMU will see in the A-10.

The good news for you is the rest of the team isn't as good.

JMU Duke Dog
January 24th, 2006, 08:42 AM
shippensburg????
kutztown???

I do not recall JMU fans ever ridiculing CCU over their schedule. JMU is playing only Bloomsburg not the entire PSAC. I would also hope that a Division I-AA would have a more difficult schedule than a Division II.

ButlerGSU
January 24th, 2006, 09:30 AM
So no home and away with the Eagles afterall :-(

JMU Duke Dog
January 24th, 2006, 09:32 AM

I was also disappointed that it didn't happen. Anyways, good luck to you GSU in 2006!

bandl
January 24th, 2006, 09:33 AM
What about JMU's open date? If we have a 12th game, I'd love to see GSU!!! Georgia Southern/JMU would be hellofa game!!!! :hyped:

JMU Duke Dog
January 24th, 2006, 09:34 AM
What about JMU's open date? If we have a 12th game, I'd love to see GSU!!! Georgia Southern/JMU would be hellofa game!!!! :hyped:

That is true bandl. Does anyone know of any tentative deals with JMU pending the NCAA's April vote on whether or not to expand the I-AA regular season to 12 games?

bandl
January 24th, 2006, 09:36 AM
That is true bandl. Does anyone know of any tentative deals with JMU pending the NCAA's April vote on whether or not to expand the I-AA regular season to 12 games?

Better yet....are ANY schools out there making tentative deals for a 12th game? I wonder if some ADs and HCs have some inside info or something and are just waiting for the vote to go through so they can ink the contract.

ButlerGSU
January 24th, 2006, 09:53 AM
I was also disappointed that it didn't happen. Anyways, good luck to you GSU in 2006!

Thanks Duke and the same to you. If we cannot work something out for JMU's open date perhaps we'll meet in the playoffs.

bodoyle
January 24th, 2006, 10:13 AM
JMU DD: Go to your guys website www.caazone.com/boards and scroll back a few pages. Everyone on that board practically ripped on us. Maybe you don't frequent that site, I don't know.

The only *****ty team we play that we have control over is PC. As for conference, well that's :deadhorse , and Sav St/Mansfield would not let us out of the contract. Talk to your caazone Cronies they will let you know.

th0m
January 24th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Well, bodoyle, we also have Marshall on the schedule.

Nonetheless, this does not justify a D2 game. Especially since we also have a I-A game. Whether Bloomsburg is a good D2 or not doesn't really matter, it won't count towards the play-offs either way. Combine that with what could be a loss to Marshall, and we're 1-1 but effectively 0-1 and have only 9 games left to get 7 DI wins. Of course, I'm not ruling out the possibility of us beating Marshall (I hear the Herd faithful sharpening their knives as we speak ;)). I'm at least looking forward to that game ;)

bodoyle
January 24th, 2006, 11:01 AM
thOm I am not knocking you guys playing Marshall, if we could play a D1 school we would, but we can't yet. Rumors abound about us going to Happy Valley in '07 cause our AD was a player there and Asst AD there before he came to CCU.

th0m
January 24th, 2006, 11:09 AM
I'm not saying that you should play an I-A, and with the smaller conference slate I also understand that it is a lot harder to fill your schedule with a lot of quality OOC opponents (hell, as you can see, we can't even decently come up a non D2 OOC slate when there are only 3 slots to fill).

In turn, I'm not knocking on your OOC either, I don't even know who you play. (Who do you play? :))

I don't really care much for JMU scheduling I-A. Sure, it's fun to watch a game against a big-time opponent, but if you see my location it's not like I'll just hop on over and see the game, so I'd rather have a winnable game ;) And I hope Marshall is winnable.

bodoyle
January 24th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Our OOC is, in no order:

Home against Furman
@ Georgia Southern
@ Wofford
Home against SC State
Home against Savannah State ( :nonono2: ) wouldn't let us out of the contract
@WSSU (Winston-Salem State :nonono2: )
Home against Elon

Our Conference is, in no order:

Home against Chuck South
@ G-Dubb
@VMI
Home against Liberty

th0m
January 24th, 2006, 11:46 AM
That's a very solid OOC. Funny how you play as much SoCon as you play Big South games :D

bodoyle
January 24th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Yea, it's like we're trying to get into their conference or something!!
:bang: :bang: :bang: :deadhorse :doh: :confused:

GannonFan
January 24th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Our OOC is, in no order:

Home against Furman
@ Georgia Southern
@ Wofford
Home against SC State
Home against Savannah State ( :nonono2: ) wouldn't let us out of the contract
@WSSU (Winston-Salem State :nonono2: )
Home against Elon

Our Conference is, in no order:

Home against Chuck South
@ G-Dubb
@VMI
Home against Liberty

Let's not get crazy here and say that this is a really tough schedule - sure, GSU and SC St are very good games, and Wofford is a decent game as well. But Savanah St, WSSU, and Elon aren't any good, and that's on top of a conference schedule that, while no fault of CCU's (except for being in the conference to begin with) isn't very daunting. So that's a schedule with 3 tough games and one rivalry game (Charleston Southern) - not exactly something to pound your chest about.

th0m
January 24th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Let's not get crazy here and say that this is a really tough schedule - sure, GSU and SC St are very good games, and Wofford is a decent game as well. But Savanah St, WSSU, and Elon aren't any good, and that's on top of a conference schedule that, while no fault of CCU's (except for being in the conference to begin with) isn't very daunting. So that's a schedule with 3 tough games and one rivalry game (Charleston Southern) - not exactly something to pound your chest about.

I think you missed Furman.

But let CCU make their own scheduling thread, damnit :P

GannonFan
January 24th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I think you missed Furman.

But let CCU make their own scheduling thread, damnit :P

I did miss Furman, my bad. 4 good games.

bodoyle
January 24th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Yea, our conference, incase you didn't see it, :deadhorse is something we have tried :deadhorse to get out of, and now looks to be happening, slowly but surely. As for Sav St, as mentioned earlier :deadhorse we tried to get out of the contract before we played them last year :deadhorse , but they would not let us. As for WSSU, all I can say is :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

Elon - I think the reason we scheduled them was to see how we would do agains the lower rung of the SoCon, and, while playing horrific against them, eeked out a "W" last year at their place.

jmuroller
January 24th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Playing a 1A game and @VMI, then playing an A10 schedule is about as hard a schedule you can get in the nation. I don't care who you play for the 11th game. Simply fact is win 8 games and we are in the playoffs.

bodoyle
January 24th, 2006, 04:08 PM
So Gannon: 4 good games, 5 games we couldn't control (conference, and Sav St), 1 retarded game (WSSU), and 1 middle of the road game (Elon)?

The Gadfly
January 24th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry Bodoyle but I can't drink your cool-aid. As for talking crap about our conference, maybe we should beat Charleston Southern first. I do see our conference getting better, but it's probably too little too late.

bodoyle
January 24th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Gad: 3 years in the conference, 2 conference titles. :doh: xazzx

GannonFan
January 25th, 2006, 10:34 AM
So Gannon: 4 good games, 5 games we couldn't control (conference, and Sav St), 1 retarded game (WSSU), and 1 middle of the road game (Elon)?

Elon isn't that great of a game - I'd move that one down a notch. But otherwise yes, that looks right. Hey, it's better than last year's schedule that only had 3 good games.