PDA

View Full Version : SFA WATCH

SFA 93
September 5th, 2010, 07:42 AM
SFA: 7 (0-1)
TEXAS A&M:48 (1-0)
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sasu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/5682620.jpeg

WALTER PAYTON AWARD WATCH
#3 QB: JEREMY MOSES 6-0; 200; Baytown, Texas (Lee) (Sr.)
GP:1;GS:1;ATT:37;CMP:19;PCT:51%;YDS:171;TD:1;INT:1

BUCK BUCHANAN AWARD WATCH
#49 LB: JABARA WILLIAMS 6-3; 225; Garrison, Texas (Garrison) (Sr.)
GP:1;GS:1;TKL:10;TFL:0;SCK:0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0 ;INT:0;BLK:0;SFT:0

- Jeremy Moses became the Southland Conference all time leader in completions with (857) after his 9th completion of the game last night.

- SFA played in front of the largest crowd in school history (81,287) which was also the largest opening crowd in A&M history.

- Defensive MVP of the game would have to go to SFA defensive lineman #97 Kenneth Charles who had 9 TKL; 2.5 TFL; 2.0 SCK

- SFA returns home for Albany.

TexasTerror
September 5th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Glad SFA got the FBS game out of the way early...

Time to focus on their chances at making a run deep into the Div I playoffs. Albany is an intriguing foe, coming off a low-scoring victory over Maine. Would love to see what a top tier FCS does to a solid NEC squad.

blackfordpu
September 5th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Watch SFA do what exactly, get their a$$es kicked?

danefan
September 5th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Should be an interesting game. Its going to be a long day if Albany can't capitilize in the red zone like was the case against Maine (squandered at least 3 scoring opportunities with penalties and/or fumbles).

Our defense is very young and very much built for play in the NEC (stop the run first), which is not a good combo against the high flying SFA offense.

I expect it to be a good game, but unfortunately I'm not sure Albany has what it takes to hang this year. It will all come down to how much clock our work horses can eat up on offense.

Its also unfortunate that I had to cancel my trip to Texas because of a work responsibility. I was really looking forward to it.

TexasTerror
September 5th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Watch SFA do what exactly, get their a$$es kicked?

They've got two players up for national awards. I think our friend from SFA wanted to promote the players who are up for national accolades, particularly since there are voters on this forum and fans from other institution, who can probably help spread the word of mouth...

Our defense is very young and very much built for play in the NEC (stop the run first), which is not a good combo against the high flying SFA offense.

Thanks for sharing that insight! Easier to pick SFA when we we know that you guys are "built for the NEC" and stopping the run is the method required for success... may hurt your teams in the playoffs, if most in the NEC are built towards stopping the run...

SFA 93
September 5th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I'm waiting to see the injury report on the Jacks defense. They really took a hit last night. The front line is really getting thin, so that NEC running game maybe a good thing to throw at the Lumberjacks.

So right off the bat DE: #56 Jacob Fincher is out, maybe for the season and he was a projected starter, compared to Tim Knicky. Last night DT:#92 Sean Warren went down with a leg injury and DT:#42 Tyler Francis with a concussion. DT:#91 Weekendfer Saurit also went down, but got back in the game, but is really banged up.

That leaves the Jacks with only 5 defensive tackles and 3 of those are true freshmen. Kenneth Charles will have to be moved back to the inside.

But we will see if Warren can be ready by next weekend.

Never the less looking forward to the Jacks home opener.

Axe'Em Jacks!

blackfordpu
September 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM
They've got two players up for national awards. I think our friend from SFA wanted to promote the players who are up for national accolades, particularly since there are voters on this forum and fans from other institution, who can probably help spread the word of mouth...

Thanks for sharing that insight! Easier to pick SFA when we we know that you guys are "built for the NEC" and stopping the run is the method required for success... may hurt your teams in the playoffs, if most in the NEC are built towards stopping the run...

Terror, there is no way you can say a player from a team that got beat 48-7 can be the MVP of anything from said game. This is a total homer thread that should not be started after a thrashing like that. Kind of like the Texans announcing their attendance at the end of the Jets game last season. Announced 75,000 when there wern't more than 20,000 left. Bad timing.

TexasTerror
September 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Terror, there is no way you can say a player from a team that got beat 48-7 can be the MVP of anything from said game. This is a total homer thread that should not be started after a thrashing like that. Kind of like the Texans announcing their attendance at the end of the Jets game last season. Announced 75,000 when there wern't more than 20,000 left. Bad timing.

In year's past, players who did not fare as well as Moses against FBS teams from FCS programs have gone on to the Payton Award. All schools play FBS games and it's not going to be a big hit for them in their quest for FBS. If Moses hits the high numbers against Albany, UNI and then comes heavy into SLC play with strong numbers - he'll have no problems being a top dog for Payton...

Jabara Williams had a solid game against Texas A&M. Not the best game on the team, but we'll see how he does against Albany..

El Gato
September 5th, 2010, 02:32 PM

You mean like you. I still remember one of your ballots when you didn't put Armanti Edwards in the top 5, but you did have Moses there. So like the other poster said, toatlly a homer vote. And this coming from another SLC fan.

TexasTerror
September 5th, 2010, 02:36 PM
You mean like you. I still remember one of your ballots when you didn't put Armanti Edwards in the top 5, but you did have Moses there. So like the other poster said, toatlly a homer vote. And this coming from another SLC fan.

Thought that was 2008 and Nathan Brown...?? And I did have AE in my top five, not my top three. ;)

El Gato
September 5th, 2010, 02:40 PM
yep that was it. Nathan Brown, that other great SLC QB (Wow, the SLC has seen some great QB's lately).

danefan
September 5th, 2010, 04:24 PM

Most teams from the northeast part of the US are built to run and stop the run. Its a product of the weather. Didn't seem to hurt Villanova last year in the playoffs. Look at what SFA did in Montana. You have to be able to pound the ball in November and December to win in the playoffs.