PDA

View Full Version : As a Mizzou fan...

mizzoufan1
September 4th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I am now officially nervous facing McNeese State next Sat. in Columbia. The Tigers better show up...otherwise they will be the NEXT laughing stock of the Big 12 (now that kU lost their game to NDSU)

TexasTerror
September 4th, 2010, 09:32 PM
McNeese is having a rough time at home against Lamar...

Yes, it is Lamar's "Super Bowl", but still a bit surprising. Thought it'd be close for maybe two quarters, but not like this...

Squealofthepig
September 4th, 2010, 09:38 PM
McNeese is having a rough time at home against Lamar...

Yes, it is Lamar's "Super Bowl", but still a bit surprising. Thought it'd be close for maybe two quarters, but not like this...

Yeah. We looked OK in the second half against Illinois, but McNeese is having some serious troubles at home with Lamar. Not saying we should take them lightly when they come visit Faurot, but I don't think Pinkel will let let our players think this is a cakewalk, especially as we need these early games.

RabidRabbit
September 4th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah. We looked OK in the second half against Illinois, but McNeese is having some serious troubles at home with Lamar. Not saying we should take them lightly when they come visit Faurot, but I don't think Pinkel will let let our players think this is a cakewalk, especially as we need these early games.

Don't forget that McNeese struggled against a D-II at home in 09, then went to App St, and won.

msupokes1
September 4th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Not to take anything away from Lamar, because they actually looked pretty good, but we did not open up the play book at all. We ran like 5 plays all night. I do think that Lamar will win its fair share of games this year. they had good receivers and their QB looked good as well. I do however believe that Missouri should just look ahead to their next game becasue McNeese does not have a chance.

Squealofthepig
September 4th, 2010, 11:09 PM
No no, don't think Mizzou will view McNeese in that way at all. Mizzou tends to prepare well for FCS teams, back to when we played Marshall almost every year when they were thrashing all their I-AA opponents. Mizzou has to still fight for wins and doesn't suffer the hubris that Michigan had.

And yeah, it's what the board is all about - Any Given Saturday. You gotta fight for every game, and any time you take a game for granted, you should get your teeth kicked in. McNeese may have been preparing entirely for Mizzou and so had to improvize to get their win tonight. That would mean Lamar had some odd opportunities, but also would mean McNeese is primed and ready.

McNeese72
September 5th, 2010, 12:47 AM
You guys can go ahead and start game planning for San Diego St. You don't need to worry about us because we looked like crap tonight. We fumbled the ball away three times in the Redzone going in, once into the endzone. Our No. 1 RB got hit with a helmet to helmet contact on the play causing the fumble. The Lamar player was down and had to be helped off the field. Our RB appeared to be okay but only carried the ball two more times and then was out for the rest of the game. So I don't know his status will be nor the extent of his injury. The second team RB did rush for 180+ yards. But Lamar shut down a lot of our running game in the second half. Passing the transfer from Tulsa didn't look to bad but we have too many WR's hurt right now and used a coupld of FR Wr's tonight. I think it might get ugly in Missouri, so please don't worry too much about us.

Doc

JohnStOnge
September 5th, 2010, 01:56 AM
What concerns me is McNeese playing a team with a QB and a style like Missouri has after having watched the Cowboy secondary get absolutely torched by Lamar. I will say that I think Lamar's quarterback and receivers looked very good. And I said going in that I was concerned by the fact that McNeese had no Lamar video to study during game preparation.

But basically it looked to me like Lamar just went after McNeese's cornerbacks and Cardinal receivers dominated that matchup. Not a good sign going into a game with Missouri.