September 2nd, 2010, 11:37 PM
http://siusalukis.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/090210aae.html

Some shots from the opening game at the new Saluki Stadium

SO ILLmatic
September 2nd, 2010, 11:40 PM
Some additional shots:

Western_101
September 3rd, 2010, 06:18 AM
Great looking Stadium. Really nice sight lines, good lighting, scoreboard, pressbox, and turf. I'm Jealous.

SalukiJim
September 3rd, 2010, 06:23 AM
Nice enough stadium, I am certainly glad we're not at the Mac any more. The scoreboard is very loud, for sure! Anyway, it was a typical "blood donor" game, although the last 2 scores were not our fault or us trying to run it up. We had 3rd and 4th stringers in, pretty much running it up the gut or QB draws, and they couldn't stop us. As well as the numerous face mask and other 15 yard penalties Quincy kept committing, we couldn't help but score the last 2 TDs - really, Lennon never likes to run the score up.

Anyway, to those of you who were there, were you a little surprised at our defensive backfield? I mean, once we play the good teams that like to run the spread and wing it around, like Ill St or even Mo St, I think we could be in trouble...not looking for negatives from a big blowout win but we did have a little difficulty there early on..

whitey
September 3rd, 2010, 07:12 AM
Nice looking stadium. Big fan of the grass hill under the scoreboard.

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2010, 07:45 AM
Very nice looking stadium! The Valley overall has some great digs these days.

EmeryZach
September 3rd, 2010, 07:57 AM
Wow that place looks great! I am getting really jealous of all these new stadiums.

SalukiJim
September 3rd, 2010, 08:50 AM

Yeah and they filled up that grass area last night too. I think that is a nice "community"-building thing to have added to the stadium. BTW, since everyone likes to brag on attendance, it was 15,276 last night - about the biggest crowd I've seen in 10+ years of being a season ticket holder:D

ValleyChamp
September 3rd, 2010, 09:30 AM
Very nice. Congrats on the new stadium.

Hope you continue to draw big crowds like that.

SalukiJim
September 3rd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Very nice. Congrats on the new stadium.

Hope you continue to draw big crowds like that.

ValleyChamp, I used to read the opponent's newspaper sites after a game, partly for their take on it and partly to see how much they b!+ched about McAndrew. The Waterloo paper was especially explicit about how they didn't like having locker rooms with no bathrooms, and a rusty nail on the wall to hang your gear onxlolx

JMUNJ08
September 3rd, 2010, 09:59 AM

Totally agree but you neglected the video board which is equally impressive! Any idea on the size?

SalukiJim
September 3rd, 2010, 10:12 AM
Totally agree but you neglected the video board which is equally impressive! Any idea on the size?

A 20x40 foot scoreboard with video replay capabilities
And it is L-O-U-D

Grrrrriz
September 3rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Nice stadium. Looks like a great place to watch a game.

Sly Fox
September 3rd, 2010, 04:45 PM
Love the new stadium. Still laughing to myself that little old Quincy College would be playing football much less if front of 15k.

Sly Fox
Quincy HS '85

SalukiJim
September 3rd, 2010, 07:36 PM
Love the new stadium. Still laughing to myself that little old Quincy College would be playing football much less if front of 15k.

Sly Fox
Quincy HS '85

I don't know if you caught this, but Quincy's QB (Brenheisen - sp?) was SIU's third string QB the last couple of years. Transferred down to NAIA because behind McIntosh/Dieker I guess he wasn't going to see much playing time.

Houndawg
September 4th, 2010, 08:51 AM
ValleyChamp, I used to read the opponent's newspaper sites after a game, partly for their take on it and partly to see how much they b!+ched about McAndrew. The Waterloo paper was especially explicit about how they didn't like having locker rooms with no bathrooms, and a rusty nail on the wall to hang your gear onxlolx

Just the kind of sissies that would play football indoors.....

Fighting Cock
September 5th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Good work boys. Can't wait to see the stadium. Girlfriend is a SIU grad. We are at a JSU or SIU game every sat. GO DOGS AND COCKS!!!!!!!!

SalukiJim
September 5th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Good work boys. Can't wait to see the stadium. Girlfriend is a SIU grad. We are at a JSU or SIU game every sat. GO DOGS AND COCKS!!!!!!!!

I guess the party goes on all weekend at your house after these 2 wins, eh?xsmileyclapx

Fighting Cock
September 6th, 2010, 05:57 PM
:D:D

Twentysix
September 6th, 2010, 06:10 PM
It should be a great game next year when NDSU travels to SIU, I will most certainly be in attendance.

SalukiJim
September 6th, 2010, 08:32 PM
It should be a great game next year when NDSU travels to SIU, I will most certainly be in attendance.

Yeah, I hope coach Lennon reminds them to play a full 60 minutes this year in the Fargodome! Remembering 2 years ago when the Bison made a big comeback to give us our only conf. loss in 2008

pather
September 7th, 2010, 05:25 PM
and still the only conference loss for coach lennon

Jason Svoboda
September 7th, 2010, 06:25 PM
New stadium is awesome.