PDA

View Full Version : EKU vs Missouri State

EKUSteve
September 2nd, 2010, 08:49 PM
This game was supposed to kick off at 7PM ET. It is now 9:50 PM and the game is still delayed due to thunderstorms and a tornado warning. Currently kickoff is scheduled for 10:45PM ET/9:45 MSU time. If the next line causes a delay, then the game will be played tomorrow afternoon.

MSUBear42
September 2nd, 2010, 08:57 PM
EKU is stalling as much as possible. They don't want to pay to spend the night tonight...

They probably wouldn't mind playing in front of 50 people, either.

MSUDuo
September 2nd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Game time set for 1pm CST tomorrow

EKUSteve
September 2nd, 2010, 09:13 PM
Had a feeling. The radar just looks horrible.

Squealofthepig
September 2nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
As someone who has personally witnessed tornadoes tear up stuff along Glenstone, probably a good call. Good luck to the Bears tomorrow at Briggs!

ekufbfan
September 2nd, 2010, 09:20 PM
EKU is stalling as much as possible. They don't want to pay to spend the night tonight...

They probably wouldn't mind playing in front of 50 people, either.

What a ignorant thing to post. The NCAA has rules regarding dangerous storms for practice and games, you just showed how uninformed you are. Besides that you don't make sense, why would EKU stall if they didn't want to spend the night (i.e. they would want to go ahead and play).

MSUDuo
September 2nd, 2010, 10:15 PM
What a ignorant thing to post. The NCAA has rules regarding dangerous storms for practice and games, you just showed how uninformed you are. Besides that you don't make sense, why would EKU stall if they didn't want to spend the night (i.e. they would want to go ahead and play).
You are saying ony 50 people will show up tomorrow, so is that all the fans you have ?

They weren't stalling from wanting to play, they were stalling from calling the game off for a day

Game at 1pm on Friday. How many people do you think will show up?

MSUBear42
September 3rd, 2010, 05:18 AM
You are saying ony 50 people will show up tomorrow, so is that all the fans you have ?

Can you read?

Man, you EKU fans are a hoot.

They were stalling because they didn't want to pay the extra money to spend the night. I'm not just making it up, it's what our radio guys said. I was just joking when I said that they (EKU) wouldn't mind playing at midnight in front of 50 people.

ekufbfan
September 3rd, 2010, 08:15 AM
And of course your "radio guys" would know this, please give me a break. Our "radio guys" were saying that MSU officials got to make the call. They also said that both AD's were conferring regarding the weather (I guess your AD told your "radio guys" that EKU was cheap and "didn't want to pay for a hotel" last night..yeah! right and if that's the case what kind of integrity does he have), and even said that our AD left the field several times to give Coach Hood an update on the sitation. If EKU wanted to play the game last night, I would think it had more to do with the fact that the team had already been away from EKU for 2 days (left Tues.) and another night in a hotel room rather than in their own rooms, getting back to Richmond, resting and preparing for next week's game. But after reading on your board and the above 'stalling' comment, it seems that some of your fans are all about throwing insults and innuendos around rather than talking football, pathetic!

Bam
September 3rd, 2010, 08:42 AM
And of course your "radio guys" would know this, please give me a break. Our "radio guys" were saying that MSU officials got to make the call. They also said that both AD's were conferring regarding the weather (I guess your AD told your "radio guys" that EKU was cheap and "didn't want to pay for a hotel" last night..yeah! right and if that's the case what kind of integrity does he have), and even said that our AD left the field several times to give Coach Hood an update on the sitation. If EKU wanted to play the game last night, I would think it had more to do with the fact that the team had already been away from EKU for 2 days (left Tues.) and another night in a hotel room rather than in their own rooms, getting back to Richmond, resting and preparing for next week's game. But after reading on your board and the above 'stalling' comment, it seems that some of your fans are all about throwing insults and innuendos around rather than talking football, pathetic!

Quit being such a hoot!!!! Go Colonels!!!!

ekufbfan
September 3rd, 2010, 09:09 AM
Quit being such a hoot!!!! Go Colonels!!!!

Well, thank's Bam, appreicate the dig!
Thought you were a EKU fan? Guess you are okay with the innuendo that EKU is cheap?

GO EKU!

Bam
September 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Well, thank's Bam, appreicate the dig!
Thought you were a EKU fan? Guess you are okay with the innuendo that EKU is cheap?

GO EKU!

A very!!!! loyal fan my friend, that was just giving the earlier poster a dig. I am sure the budget is thin enough & staying that extra night just makes it even thinner. GO EKU!!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
Is this game on now, and is there audio of the game?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Never mind, I found it:

http://www.streamaudio.com/Player/Player.aspx?Station=KTXR_FM&filename=&Optin=no

2:24 1Q EKU 3, MSU 0

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
End 1st, EKU 3, MSU 0

MSU driving. 1st and goal MSU.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
TD Kirby, 1 yard TD plunge.
XP Good

MSU 7 EKU 3, 12:21 left 2Q

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
FG EKU

MSU 7 EKU 6 8ish left 2Q

Sycamore51
September 3rd, 2010, 02:02 PM
Any word how many fans made this one today? I'm listening, but haven't heard.

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Any word how many fans made this one today? I'm listening, but haven't heard.

Sounds like just over 2k

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2010, 02:06 PM
86 yard TD run by Chris Douglas
XP Good
MSU 14 EKU 6 4:37 2Q

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 02:06 PM
86 yard run by Chris Douglas

14-6 Bears with 4:37 left in the half

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Bears 17
EKU 6
1:21 left in the half

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
Childs 42 yrd FG with the wind at his back
MSU 17 EKU 6 1:21 left 2Q

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
Childs 42 yrd FG with the wind at his back
MSU 17 EKU 6 1:21 left 2Q

Chiles

Bam
September 3rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
No Ta Ta + Springston + a non catching WR= no WIN :(

89rabbit
September 3rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Go Bears!

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 02:25 PM
No Ta Ta + Springston + a non catching WR= no WIN :(xblahblahx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2010, 02:30 PM
47 yard EKU FG into the wind to end the half!

MSU 17 EKU 9 Halftime

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
17-9 MSU at half

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:00 PM
MSU punt blocked. EKU takes over on Bears 27

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Bears hold them! Bears take over after a missed field goal wide right.

Bam
September 3rd, 2010, 03:06 PM
EKU has second string in on D.

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:09 PM
Another Kirby rushing TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24-9 Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:13 PM
Bears D is taking it to them now. Back to back sacks!

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
Touchdown Bears!!! Cody Kirby is having a heck of a day

31-9 Bears now

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
And another Bears touchdown. 31-9. Sounds like a great basketcatch TD reception in the end-zone. 2:40 to go in the third.

89rabbit
September 3rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
And another Bears touchdown. 31-9. Sounds like a great basketcatch TD reception in the end-zone. 2:40 to go in the third.

Nice, go MVFC. xnodx

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2010, 03:31 PM
Also sounds like Missouri State (it's still hard for me not to call them SMSU) has a ton of weird (and effective) plays. Bears are driving and have first and goal just inside the ten.

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Bears fumble. EKU takes over.

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2010, 03:34 PM
D'oh, Bears fumble, EKU recovers. 1st and ten at midfield now, Colonels ball.

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Another Bears defensive stand. Take over on own 19

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Also sounds like the Bears are focusing now on running out clock and letting their defense keep making plays. Keep it up, ursine brethren!

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Bears turn to conservative play calling. With over 10 minutes to go, not sure why. 3 and out and another punt

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Bears interception in the endzone by Skylar Smith. Take over on their own 20 with about 6 minutes to go

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Solid EKU drive; one fourth and two conversion, inside the ten... then the Bears pick it off in the endzone. 31-9 still, Bears ball on their own 20, 6:09 to go.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
No, really, did anybody predict this much of a whitewash?

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Just not a good day for EKU.

Bears punt and EKU muffs it and Bears recover.

RS-Freshmean Trevor Wooden out of Florida is now in at QB. Has been playing WR most of the day. May be our best athlete

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:54 PM

We had some close predictions over on MSUBearNation.com but how many actually believed this would happen? Who knows

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2010, 03:54 PM

No one. I think most had the Bears as a mid-tier team in the valley and didn't expect them to have much of a chance. This means Albany won't be the most surprising team now (though may still have the most impressive road win in the opening weekend)

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
I think the Albany game was a much bigger surprise.

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
No one. I think most had the Bears as a mid-tier team in the valley and didn't expect them to have much of a chance. This means Albany won't be the most surprising team now (though may still have the most impressive road win in the opening weekend)

I disagree. I have seen MSU as picked the most to surprise in the Valley this year. Well, here is a good start but I'm not sure how good EKU is actually going to be.

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2010, 04:00 PM
Ahh. Hadn't checked in at the Bears den. :)

23 seconds to go now. EKU out of time outs and driving. 31-9 still.

Edit - please note that's a good natured rib, not smack. This is a great, wonderful win for the Bears, and love to see it!

10 seconds left, Bears ball.

MSUDuo
September 3rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
Bears take over on downs. One knell down will do it.

31-9 Bears. Final.

Great win to start the season. On to Manhattan, KS for K-State next weekend.

MSUBear42
September 3rd, 2010, 04:06 PM
The loss couldn't happen to a more moronic fanbase!!

Kidding, of course.

GO BEARS!

MSUBear42
September 3rd, 2010, 04:12 PM

How is that an insult? Times are tough for every athletics department. No one wants added expenses, your AD being a prime example. No one was calling you cheap. That probably cost an extra $10,000 to spend the night for 90 players and 30+ staff

MSUBear42
September 3rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
EKU has second string in on D.

What?

UNI Pike
September 3rd, 2010, 04:56 PM

EKY must have thought that this was a playoff game.

JBB
September 3rd, 2010, 08:09 PM
Congratulations to Missouri State!

iceman4221
September 3rd, 2010, 11:30 PM
Missouri State returned 8 starters on Offense and 9 on Defense and were picked by Phil Steele to finish behind Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois and Illinois State in the Missouri Valley Conference...

Eastern Kentucky returned 5 starters on Offense and 9 on Defense and are picked by Phil Steele to finish behind Eastern Illinois and Jacksonville State in the Ohio Valley Conference...

The MVC may very well just be stronger than the OVC... Congrats to Missouri State!!!

PantherRob82
September 4th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Missouri State returned 8 starters on Offense and 9 on Defense and were picked by Phil Steele to finish behind Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois and Illinois State in the Missouri Valley Conference...

Eastern Kentucky returned 5 starters on Offense and 9 on Defense and are picked by Phil Steele to finish behind Eastern Illinois and Jacksonville State in the Ohio Valley Conference...

The MVC may very well just be stronger than the OVC... Congrats to Missouri State!!!

I don't see MSU finishing top 4 unless maybe ISU falls out of the top group (which they might based on the first performance).

ekufbfan
September 4th, 2010, 07:53 AM
One BIG thing wrong at EKU...offensive coordinator.

The MVC may indeed be better all around than the OVC, but I would not gage anything on this game with EKU and that's not a slam on MSU either. Unfortunately, we are seeing the same thing we saw last year from the OC who seems to be bent on " airing it out" no matter what the outcome. EKU fans were hoping that something was learned from last year's fiaso, I am sorry to say, evidently not.

MSUBear42
September 4th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Play calling is part of it, but man your WRs can't catch a ball!

MSUDuo
September 4th, 2010, 12:39 PM
One BIG thing wrong at EKU...offensive coordinator.

The MVC may indeed be better all around than the OVC, but I would not gage anything on this game with EKU and that's not a slam on MSU either. Unfortunately, we are seeing the same thing we saw last year from the OC who seems to be bent on " airing it out" no matter what the outcome. EKU fans were hoping that something was learned from last year's fiaso, I am sorry to say, evidently not.

The coaching staff is part of the team...

ekufbfan
September 4th, 2010, 03:52 PM
The coaching staff is part of the team...

I am not sure of the point you are trying to make, yes, the coaching staff is a (big)part of the team, he is the one who designs, calls the plays, decides what player starts, etc. That is my point, our OC has a one dimensional offense and IT IS NOT WORKING and DID NOT work last year either. So who do we blame the players or the OC? IF the WR can't catch the ball, put one in that can or run the ball. And IF you can't do any of those find out what you can do and recruit players that CAN make the plays. Utimately the coach must be the one responsible! My post said the big thing wrong at EKU is the OC and I still say that.xbangx