PDA

View Full Version : SLC Schedules 2006 - Updated

TexasTerror
January 21st, 2006, 01:32 PM
I've been getting some help putting this list together from the various SLC schools and their fans.

If I get any more updates to the list, I'll let you guys know...

Central Arkansas
August 31st or September 2---Henderson----in Little Rock
September 9th @ Illinois State
September 16th vs Missouri State
October 7th @ South Dakota State
October 21st @ Austin Peay
November 4th Southern Arkansas (HC)
November 11th @ Texas State - San Marcos
November 18th @ Georgia Southern

McNeese
Sept 2nd....@ South Florida
PORTLAND STATE
SOUTHERN UTAH
@ Toledo
NICHOLLS ST
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS
@ Sam Houston State
@ Stephen F Austin
@ Northwestern State

Nicholls St
Sept 9th....@ Southern
Sept 23rd...SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
NORTHWESTERN STATE
@ Sam Houston State
@ Texas State - San Marcos
@ McNeese
SFA
SELA

NW State
Sept 9th...@ Baylor
@ Nicholls St.
@ SFA
Oct 7th...SAM HOUSTON STATE
Oct 24th...@ Southeastern Louisiana
Nov 4th....@ Ole Miss
@ Kansas
NORTHERN IOWA
ARKANSAS-MONTICELLO
TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS
McNEESE STATE

Sam Houston State
Sept 9th....ARKANSAS-MONTICELLO
Sept 16th...@ Southern Methodist Univ
Sept 23rd....@ Missouri St
Sept 30th...@ Texas
Oct 7th....@ NW State
Oct 14th...NICHOLLS
Oct 28th....McNEESE
Nov 4th....@ Stephen F Austin
Nov 11th....@ Southeastern Louisiana
Nov 18th....TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS

SELA
Aug. 31.....HENDERSON STATE
Sept. 9.....at Southern Mississippi
Sept. 16....JACKSONVILLE
Sept. 23....GARDNER-WEBB
Sept. 30....at Texas Tech
Oct. 7.......at Nicholls State
Oct. 14.....NORTHWESTERN STATE
Oct.21......at Texas State
Oct. 28.....STEPHEN F. AUSTIN
Nov. 4......at McNeese State
Nov. 11....SAM HOUSTON STATE

SFA
MONTANA STATE
Sept 16th...@ Arizona
@ Tulsa
Sept 30th...NORTH DAKOTA STATE
@ Texas St - San Marcos
McNEESE STATE
NORTHWESTERN STATE
@ Nicholls
Oct 28th...@ SELA
Nov 4th...SAM HOUSTON STATE

Texas State - San Marcos
TARLETON STATE
Sept 9th....@ Kentucky
Sept 16th....NORTHERN COLORADO
@ Southern Utah
SFA
NICHOLLS
Oct 21st...SELA
@ McNeese
@ NW State
Nov 11th....CENTRAL ARKANSAS
Nov 18th....@ Sam Houston St

golionsgo
January 21st, 2006, 10:52 PM
Unofficial rumor mill around Southeastern is we're playing New Mexico State to open the season instead of Henderson State. We supposedly now have three I-A schools on our schedule counting Southern Miss and Texas Tech.

blackfordpu
January 21st, 2006, 11:32 PM
Any word on an 11th game TT?

TexasTerror
January 22nd, 2006, 07:38 AM

None at all...

kats89
January 22nd, 2006, 08:28 AM

Look for it to be a DII with our current schedule only having 4 home games.

McNeeserocket
January 22nd, 2006, 10:48 AM
You can add Div. II West Virginaia Tech to McNeese's schedule. The game is on September 9th.

TypicalTribe
January 23rd, 2006, 10:04 AM
I really don't understand a lot of these schedules. Two D-I games and a D-II game for most of these teams will make it pretty much impossible for the SLC to get an at-large team into the playoffs. It's going to be tough for these teams to get to the 7 win threshold.

golionsgo
January 23rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
I really don't understand a lot of these schedules. Two D-I games and a D-II game for most of these teams will make it pretty much impossible for the SLC to get an at-large team into the playoffs. It's going to be tough for these teams to get to the 7 win threshold.

Depends on which I-A schools you're playing. If you're playing a team from the Sun Belt or a bottom tier team from a mid-major conference, it's not much different than playing an upper tier I-AA team. We played Tulane last year and easily could have won the game and they were probably the third best team on our schedule behind Nicholls State and Texas State. We're supposed to play New Mexico State in 2006 and they aren't as good as Tulane right now. That's not saying we'll win but we should be able to compete. I for one like playing multiple I-A schools, just as long as we don't get carried away and schedule multiple BCS power schools in the same year. It helps recruiting in the long run, helps pay the bills, and if you're good enough, you'll finish at least 7-4 and still get consideration for an at-large.

Poly Pigskin
January 23rd, 2006, 04:02 PM
Depends on which I-A schools you're playing. If you're playing a team from the Sun Belt or a bottom tier team from a mid-major conference, it's not much different than playing an upper tier I-AA team. We played Tulane last year and easily could have won the game and they were probably the third best team on our schedule behind Nicholls State and Texas State. We're supposed to play New Mexico State in 2006 and they aren't as good as Tulane right now. That's not saying we'll win but we should be able to compete. I for one like playing multiple I-A schools, just as long as we don't get carried away and schedule multiple BCS power schools in the same year. It helps recruiting in the long run, helps pay the bills, and if you're good enough, you'll finish at least 7-4 and still get consideration for an at-large.

Which becomes 6-4 with a DII win. I'm all for playing a couple of I-A games, but if you do that and still want to make the playoffs, the DII games have to go.

golionsgo
January 23rd, 2006, 04:27 PM
Which becomes 6-4 with a DII win. I'm all for playing a couple of I-A games, but if you do that and still want to make the playoffs, the DII games have to go.

Well yeah if you play three I-As plus a D-II, you would be hard pressed to make the playoffs, but I was just talking about playing three I-As and the rest I-AA. If you play two I-As and one D-II, you can still go 8-3 and get in.

kats89
January 23rd, 2006, 07:56 PM
SHSU AD might suprise us and schedule a I-AA to come to Huntsville for the first game of the year, but that chance is slim to none and slim just left town!

blackfordpu
January 23rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
SHSU AD might suprise us and schedule a I-AA to come to Huntsville for the first game of the year, but that chance is slim to none and slim just left town!

Why is that?

Bear Fan 101
January 23rd, 2006, 11:04 PM
was told tonight we have gotten UC Davis on our schedule for October 14th at UC Davis. I was also told our Austin Peay game may still be in the air. Will let you know more obviously when it becomes official.

Our schedule would look like this if it holds true to form right now and everything pans out like we are hoping for:

HENDERSON STATE September 2nd
@ Illinois State September 9th
MISSOURI STATE September 16th
@ South Dakota State October 7th
@ UC Davis October 14th
@ Austin Peay October 21st
SO ARKANSAS(HC) November 4th
@ Texas State November 11th
@ Ga Southern November 18th

TexasTerror
January 24th, 2006, 07:19 AM
I got confirmations on NW State's three I-A games in terms of dates...

NW State
Sept 2nd...@ Kansas
Sept 9th...@ Baylor
Nov 4th....@ Ole Miss

TexasTerror
January 24th, 2006, 09:34 AM
FYI...

Southeastern Louisiana is set to play Kansas in 2007...

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2006/jan/24/tv_deal_12th_game_scheduling_headache/?sports

kats89
January 24th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Why is that?

Because I think most I-AA schedules are set unless there is a last minute cancellation. It sure wouldn't be anyone from up north. Ask Montana fans and players just how hot it was when they came down. It will be a DII. I think we learned our lesson on playing the Bacone's of the world.

TexasTerror
January 24th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Because I think most I-AA schedules are set unless there is a last minute cancellation. It sure wouldn't be anyone from up north. Ask Montana fans and players just how hot it was when they came down. It will be a DII. I think we learned our lesson on playing the Bacone's of the world.

Come on now, 89! You know just like Texas got stuck with us, we got stuck with Bacone because they were #40-50 on the list. We preferred Div II like Texas preferred I-A. Just the cards we were dealt...

With more I-AAs taking money games, perhaps there are a few more Div IIs around...

TexasTerror
January 25th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Nebraska has added Nicholls St to their schedule. Game will probably be Sept 2nd since Colonels are playing Sept 9th vs Southern...

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/01/25/huskerextra/doc43d715403855b766635435.txt

kats89
January 25th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Nebraska has added Nicholls St to their schedule. Game will probably be Sept 2nd since Colonels are playing Sept 9th vs Southern...

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/01/25/huskerextra/doc43d715403855b766635435.txt

TT, you appear to have you hand on the pulse of every other school in the conference, you don't have anything on a possible final game for us? I can't believe the dept. is that tight lipped about everything.

TexasTerror
January 25th, 2006, 07:20 AM
TT, you appear to have you hand on the pulse of every other school in the conference, you don't have anything on a possible final game for us? I can't believe the dept. is that tight lipped about everything.

There's nothing out there in the media or on the 'Net. That's where I get most of my information. I'm surprised I didn't know about Nicholls/Nebraska earlier because I got a contact in the Nebraska AD who'd of definitely jumped at the chance to tell me something like that...

And I figure the AD is exhausting all options, like last year, to fill that last game. I think we all have to remember that in the past, we never got a schedule this early, no matter how completed it was, like we have gotten this year.

Dallas Demon
January 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I got confirmations on NW State's three I-A games in terms of dates...

NW State
Sept 2nd...@ Kansas
Sept 9th...@ Baylor
Nov 4th....@ Ole Miss

This will be brutal, but with all of the budget cuts I guess this is the only way to make up the difference for this coming year. We could have an outstanding year but our record might not show it.

golionsgo
January 28th, 2006, 05:04 PM
This will be brutal, but with all of the budget cuts I guess this is the only way to make up the difference for this coming year. We could have an outstanding year but our record might not show it.

We're playing three I-As as well (only one BCS). It's the times we live in post Katrina and I don't see it changing anytime soon as long as I-A schools are willing to schedule us. Bills have to be paid and facilities need to be upgraded. It can also help with recruiting. It doesn't give you much margin for error playoff wise but if you're good enough, you'll finish at least 7-4 and either get the auto bid or an at large on strength of schedule.

TexasTerror
January 28th, 2006, 05:49 PM
We're playing three I-As as well (only one BCS). It's the times we live in post Katrina and I don't see it changing anytime soon as long as I-A schools are willing to schedule us. Bills have to be paid and facilities need to be upgraded. It can also help with recruiting. It doesn't give you much margin for error playoff wise but if you're good enough, you'll finish at least 7-4 and either get the auto bid or an at large on strength of schedule.

Which OOC game did you pull out of to get New Mexico St on your schedule? Jacksonville, Henderson St or Gardner-Webb?

golionsgo
January 28th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Which OOC game did you pull out of to get New Mexico St on your schedule? Jacksonville, Henderson St or Gardner-Webb?

There has been no official announcement and I have zero inside information but my logical assumption is Henderson State. From what I understand, we're supposedly playing New Mexico State on September 2nd which was the date we were supposed to play Henderson St.

McNeese75
January 29th, 2006, 11:10 AM

Why can't they just play Nebraska on the 9th and leave SU blowing in the wind? I am sure there is no buy out in that contract xlolx

Bison_Kent
January 29th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Actually, Southern released their schedule and has Nicholls State on Sept. 2. I would guess Nicholls will play Nebraska Sept. 9 but they could drop Southern, I guess. I certainly hope not as those two Louisiana schools make for a good matchup.

Here is Southern's released schedule:

http://gojagsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012006aaa.html

eagle1
January 29th, 2006, 11:26 AM
BisonKent - Nicholls is playing at Nebraska on the 2nd because EWU was approached by Nebraska to play on that date but the offer from Oregon State was pretty much the same so they went with them. It really surprised me that Nebraska didn't offer more than $300,000 for the game. Go Eagles!!!

kats89
January 29th, 2006, 08:05 PM
BisonKent - Nicholls is playing at Nebraska on the 2nd because EWU was approached by Nebraska to play on that date but the offer from Oregon State was pretty much the same so they went with them. It really surprised me that Nebraska didn't offer more than $300,000 for the game. Go Eagles!!!

My understanding is that we are getting 300k to play Texas in '06.

Bear Fan 101
January 29th, 2006, 11:12 PM
add the 'Jacks to UCA inaguaral 1-AA schedule. So we have added UC Davis and SFA in the last couple of weeks. We have had a game with Austin Peay as well, but that game is still pending. Also looking at this article from California newspaper articleUC Davis Schedule Info included in it is UCA (http://davisenterprise.com/articles/2006/01/27/sports/339spt2.txt), it appears we will be the ones that open the new stadium. on October 14, which goes along with everything we have heard on our end as well.

2006 UCA Bears Schedule (Home Games...3...in purple)

September 16th Missouri State
September 23 @ Stephen F. Austin
October 14th @ UC Davis
October 21st @ Austin Peay...still in the air
November 11th @ Texas State

TexasTerror
January 30th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Central Arkansas
Sept 23rd @ Stephen F Austin

McNeese
Sept 9th...WEST VIRGINIA TECH
PORTLAND STATE
SOUTHERN UTAH
@ Toledo
NICHOLLS ST
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS
Oct 28th...@ Sam Houston State
@ Northwestern State

Nicholls St
Sept 2nd....@Nebraska
Sept 9th....@ Southern
NORTHWESTERN STATE
Oct 14th...@ Sam Houston State
@ McNeese
Nov 11th...SFA
SELA

NW State
Sept 2nd...@ Kansas
Sept 9th...@ Baylor
Sept 16th...DELAWARE STATE
ARKANSAS-MONTICELLO
Oct 24th...@ Southeastern Louisiana
Nov 4th....@ Ole Miss
Nov 18th....@ SFA
@ Nicholls St.
TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS
McNEESE STATE

Sam Houston State
Sept 30th...@ Texas
Oct 7th....@ NW State
Oct 14th...NICHOLLS
Oct 28th....McNEESE

SELA
Sept. 16....JACKSONVILLE
Sept. 23....GARDNER-WEBB

SFA
Aug 31....at Tulsa
Sept....9 DELTA STATE
Sept 16.... at Arizona
Sept 23 CENTRAL ARKANSAS
Sept 30 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Oct 7....at Texas State
Oct 21....McNEESE STATE
Oct 28.... at SE Louisiana
Nov 4....SAM HOUSTON STATE
Nov 11....at Nicholls State
Nov 18...NORTHWESTERN STATE

Texas State - San Marcos
TARLETON STATE
Sept 9th....@ Kentucky
@ Southern Utah
Oct 7th...SFA
NICHOLLS
Oct 21st...SELA
@ McNeese
@ NW State

HPCAT
January 30th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Texas State

Sept 2nd...Tarleton State
Sept 9th....@ Kentucky
Sept 16th....Northern Colorado
Sept 23rd...@ Southern Utah
Sept 30th...Open
Oct 7th...SFA
Oct 14th...@McNeese
Oct 21st...SLU
Oct 28th...@NSU
Nov 4th...Nicholls State
Nov 11th....Central Arkansas
Nov 18th....@ SHS
Nov 25th...I-AA Playoff game
Dec 2nd...I-AA Playoff game
Dec 9th...I-AA Playoff game
Dec 16th...I-AA Championship

This looks more accurate. :D :nod: :hurray: :beerchug:

Bison_Kent
January 30th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Nicholls St
Sept 2nd....@Nebraska
Sept 9th....@ Southern
NORTHWESTERN STATE
@ McNeese
Nov 11th...SFA
SELA

Texas Terror, Nebraska just announced that they will be playing Nicholls on Sept. 9th. Those two games should be switched on your schedule for the Colonels.

Here is the Nebraska link:
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=227461

kats89
January 30th, 2006, 09:41 PM
xidiotx
Texas State

Sept 9th....@ Kentucky
Sept 30th...Open
Oct 7th...SFA
Oct 14th...@McNeese
Oct 21st...SLU
Oct 28th...@NSU
Nov 4th...Nicholls State
Nov 18th....@ SHS

GeauxLions94
January 30th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Texas State

Sept 9th....@ Kentucky
Sept 30th...Open
Oct 7th...SFA
Oct 14th...@McNeese
Oct 21st...SLU
Oct 28th...@NSU
Nov 4th...Nicholls State
Nov 18th....@ SHS

There ... much better ;)

blackfordpu
January 30th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Texas State

Sept 9th....@ Kentucky
Sept 30th...Open
Oct 7th...SFA
Oct 14th...@McNeese
Oct 21st...SLU
Oct 28th...@NSU
Nov 4th...Nicholls State
Nov 18th....@ SHS

http://forum.harrisangling.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://forum.harrisangling.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/nut.gif http://forum.harrisangling.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/abduct.gif http://forum.harrisangling.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/pain30.gif http://forum.harrisangling.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/dance2.gif http://forum.harrisangling.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/dance2.gif http://forum.harrisangling.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/yellowdead.gif http://forum.harrisangling.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/eyecrazy.gif http://forum.harrisangling.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/warped.gif

TexasTerror
January 31st, 2006, 07:15 AM
Central Arkansas
August 31st or September 2 Henderson St (Capital City Classic - Little Rock)
Sept 23rd @ Stephen F Austin
Oct 14th @ Cal-Davis

McNeese
Sept 9th...WEST VIRGINIA TECH
PORTLAND STATE
SOUTHERN UTAH
@ Toledo
NICHOLLS ST
Oct 14th...TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS
Oct 28th...@ Sam Houston State
Nov 4th...SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
Nov 11th...@ Northwestern State
Nov 21st....@ Stephen F Austin

Nicholls St
Sept 2nd....@ Southern
Sept 9th....@Nebraska
Oct 7th...SELA
Oct 21st...NORTHWESTERN STATE
Nov 4th....@ Texas State - San Marcos
@ McNeese
Nov 11th...SFA

NW State
Sept 2nd...@ Kansas
Sept 9th...@ Baylor
Sept 16th...DELAWARE STATE
Sept 30th...ARKANSAS-MONTICELLO
Oct 14th...@ Southeastern Louisiana
Oct 21st...@ Nicholls St.
Oct 28th...TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS
Nov 4th....@ Ole Miss
Nov 18th....@ SFA
Nov 11th...McNEESE STATE

Sam Houston State
Sept 30th...@ Texas
Oct 7th....@ NW State
Oct 14th...NICHOLLS
Oct 28th....McNEESE

SELA
Sept. 16....JACKSONVILLE
Sept. 23....GARDNER-WEBB

SFA
Aug 31....at Tulsa
Sept....9 DELTA STATE
Sept 16.... at Arizona
Sept 23 CENTRAL ARKANSAS
Sept 30 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Oct 7....at Texas State
Oct 21....McNEESE STATE
Oct 28.... at SE Louisiana
Nov 4....SAM HOUSTON STATE
Nov 11....at Nicholls State
Nov 18...NORTHWESTERN STATE

Texas State - San Marcos
Sept 2nd...TARLETON STATE
Sept 9th....@ Kentucky
Sept 30th...Open
Oct 7th...STEPHEN F AUSTIN
Oct 14th...@ McNeese
Oct 21st...SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
Oct 28th...@ Northwestern State
Nov 4th...NICHOLLS STATE

HPCAT
January 31st, 2006, 10:21 AM
Texas State

Sept 9th....@ Kentucky
Sept 30th...Open
Oct 7th...SFA
Oct 14th...@McNeese
Oct 21st...SLU
Oct 28th...@NSU
Nov 4th...Nicholls State
Nov 18th....@ SHS

If you do not have the playoffs and the championship game as your goal at the beginning of the season, you might as well not put on the pads and strap on the helmet.

If the Texas State players and coachs would have listened to all the naysayers last year, I doubt we would have made it to the semis, as hardly any one had TXST ranked in the top 25, much less a playoff team.

TexasTerror
January 31st, 2006, 10:27 AM
Atleast HPCAT is not calling his team a "national powerhouse" like some in the Bobcat fold are doing...

Freightliner
January 31st, 2006, 10:40 AM
Atleast HPCAT is not calling his team a "national powerhouse" like some in the Bobcat fold are doing...

Terror...forgive them...they are young with lofty goals :)

UpandIn913
January 31st, 2006, 12:33 PM
Well I'm glad to see that UCA has gotten SFA back on schedule

Bear Fan 101
January 31st, 2006, 01:09 PM
If you do not have the playoffs and the championship game as your goal at the beginning of the season, you might as well not put on the pads and strap on the helmet.

Unless....you are the Univ. of Central Arkansas this year. :beerchug:

I think our recruiting is going along the lines of building a championship caliber program when we do become eligible for championships and playoff runs, but I would think our goal this year would be to win as many games as possible and grow from this experience of playing up and seeing just how far we have to go to get to that point of competing. I am looknig forward to this, but I know there maybe a few L's ahead of us in the coming years.

January 31st, 2006, 05:13 PM
hey txterror,
remind bobcat fans they were runner up to nicholls state this past year. your not the champ when you lose to the team your tied with, but a great run at the championship game!!

i hope somebody in our league knocks off one of these big boys this year it would be great for the conferece if someone could do it! SLC gets no respect from the other 1AA leagues!! if we had some of those fluff teams in our league we would all be like GSU or Furman!! lets hope someone will bring home a national championship in our conference this year!

Bobcat94
January 31st, 2006, 06:06 PM
Texas State

Sept 9th....@ Kentucky
Sept 30th...Open
Oct 7th...SFA
Oct 14th...@McNeese
Oct 21st...SLU
Oct 28th...@NSU
Nov 4th...Nicholls State
Nov 18th....@ SHS

I like how there's not an "@" in front of the last four games................. :D

blackfordpu
January 31st, 2006, 07:39 PM
hey txterror,
remind bobcat fans they were runner up to nicholls state this past year. your not the champ when you lose to the team your tied with, but a great run at the championship game!!

i hope somebody in our league knocks off one of these big boys this year it would be great for the conferece if someone could do it! SLC gets no respect from the other 1AA leagues!! if we had some of those fluff teams in our league we would all be like GSU or Furman!! lets hope someone will bring home a national championship in our conference this year!

This is because the SLC usually does not schedule the big timers from I-AA so the teams can't show how they match up with the best in I-AA.

UpandIn913
February 1st, 2006, 10:39 AM
This is because the SLC usually does not schedule the big timers from I-AA so the teams can't show how they match up with the best in I-AA.

If I recall SHSU played Texas Tech last year and will be playing the defending national champion Texas Longhorns. Not only that but I believe Northwestern scheduled or tryed schedule Baylor this season (granted their not very good)

TexasTerror
February 1st, 2006, 06:46 PM

How can we? They are unwilling to leave their part of the country?

Granted we'll get GWFC and Big Sky opponents to play us but A10 and Southern Conference? They got no reason to with the other I-AAs so close. Heck, even the SWAC for the most part (even if the school is 60 mi away) turns down SLC games.

McNeese72
February 1st, 2006, 07:14 PM
How can we? They are unwilling to leave their part of the country?

Granted we'll get GWFC and Big Sky opponents to play us but A10 and Southern Conference? They got no reason to with the other I-AAs so close. Heck, even the SWAC for the most part (even if the school is 60 mi away) turns down SLC games.

We just finished a home and home with Georgia Southern last season.

TexasTerror
February 1st, 2006, 08:03 PM
We just finished a home and home with Georgia Southern last season.

Yeah, but really, who else have our SLC schools played from the A10 or Southern? The Bobcats played home-and-home with Appy St and NW State played Northeastern recently...but that's really about it...

kats89
February 1st, 2006, 08:10 PM
Terror...forgive them...they are young with lofty goals :)

Delusional is more like it. ;)

Freightliner, don't get me wrong. I am glad that the bobkitties were able to finally turn it around after 20 years of suck xazzx in I-AA and The Southland Conference. I hope you enjoyed the run into the playoffs. It is a fun time of year.

McNeese75
February 1st, 2006, 09:55 PM

:nono:

SHSU played Montana in 2004 (twice but only one was scheduled)
McNeese has played,GSU, Youngstown State, Portland State in recent years
SFA has played UNI, Montana State, UC Davis
Tx State has played App State and UC Davis or Cal Poly (too lazy to research this one)
NW State has played APP State, North Dakota State, Northeastern
Nichols played Eastern Washington

And I know I am leaving out quite a few of the other "Best" in I-AA.

Seems to me like the SLC is not backing off from anyone. The only recent National Champion the SLC has not faced is Delaware and they don't do many OOC games with anyone in this part of the country (or the west)

blackfordpu
February 1st, 2006, 10:35 PM
:nono:

SHSU played Montana in 2004 (twice but only one was scheduled)
McNeese has played,GSU, Youngstown State, Portland State in recent years
SFA has played UNI, Montana State, UC Davis
Tx State has played App State and UC Davis or Cal Poly (too lazy to research this one)
NW State has played APP State, North Dakota State, Northeastern
Nichols played Eastern Washington

And I know I am leaving out quite a few of the other "Best" in I-AA.

Seems to me like the SLC is not backing off from anyone. The only recent National Champion the SLC has not faced is Delaware and they don't do many OOC games with anyone in this part of the country (or the west)

I never said that the SLC was backing off, just that noone seems to want to come here. The SLC does not play as many quality OOC games against I-AA teams as many others do.

McNeese75
February 1st, 2006, 11:11 PM
I never said that the SLC was backing off, just that noone seems to want to come here. The SLC does not play as many quality OOC games against I-AA teams as many others do.

:) How about some specific examples here (not stirring the pot, just curious about your thoughts). I just do not see other I-AA schools playing more "Quality" OOC games on a consistent basis than our conference. Games between the SLC and A-10 or Patriot are somewhat rare because of the travel involved but somebody is playing against the BSC, Gateway, Southern, GW etc pretty much every year. :beerchug:

Now if you are talking about 2006, you may be right because it seems like every SLC team has 2 or more I-A games on the schedule.

Tod
February 1st, 2006, 11:29 PM
I kind of hate to bring this up again, but look at the OOC schedules of the A-10 and SoCon. Mid-majors, mid-majors, mid-majors. Pretty weak OOC schedules, as a whole.

McNeese75
February 2nd, 2006, 01:21 PM
I kind of hate to bring this up again, but look at the OOC schedules of the A-10 and SoCon. Mid-majors, mid-majors, mid-majors. Pretty weak OOC schedules, as a whole.

:nod: