PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Places Weber State on Probation

Coastal89
January 21st, 2006, 10:50 AM
OGDEN, Utah - The NCAA placed Weber State on two years probation Thursday for rules violations involving athletes using scholarship money to buy non-textbook items at the campus bookstore, the university said.

Weber State discovered the violations after conducting an internal investigation and reported the infractions to the NCAA, the school said in a statement.

In addition to probation, the NCAA has removed a football scholarship from the school for 2006-2007.

The school found 193 athletes, from all of its sports teams, used scholarship money to purchase items other than textbooks or course-related materials between 2001 and 2004
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060120/ap_on_sp_co_ne/ncaa_weber_st_1

MR. CHICKEN
January 21st, 2006, 11:05 AM
AHHH...........LEAVE 'EM ALONE.......DEY NEVERAH WIN ANYWAY!.......xlolx........AWK!

Tod
January 21st, 2006, 03:29 PM
AHHH...........LEAVE 'EM ALONE.......DEY NEVERAH WIN ANYWAY!.......xlolx........AWK!

Actually, they had a good year in '05. If they're in the process of moving up, you hate to see something like this, although it doesn't look like it will hurt them too much. AWK!! :)

Stang Fever
January 21st, 2006, 04:24 PM
I dont get it........what football player....uses all of there funds to buy books......i know plenty of players (from other schools of course) who take there money and buy all kind of stuff...the money is put into there account or given to them as a check....on big lump sum...who is to say what they spend there money on

grizband
January 21st, 2006, 04:37 PM
Actually, they had a good year in '05. If they're in the process of moving up, you hate to see something like this, although it doesn't look like it will hurt them too much. AWK!! :)
I agree Tod. Things were finally looking up for Weber St. in football. They had a respectable season this year, and were looking to contend in the Big Sky next year. Hopefully, you are right in your assertion that this doesn't hurt their program too much.