PDA

View Full Version : Official Temple vs. Villanova thread

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Alright, we're getting very close to game time. This is going to be a great watch for anyone who'll be around at 5 pm ET on Friday. There's already been 20k tickets sold, about 17k of them being bought by Temple(LOL at 'Nova to the BE). Villanova returned a good chunk of their allotment. Assuming the hurricane stays away they'll be 30k, including me.

I fully expect Temple to exact revenge from last years gut wrenching loss. As long as we don't have a repeat with the mistakes we'll be fine imo. This game means soo much to this team, program, fans and school that a loss would be devastating.

Temple 31-21 xnodx

NovaWildcat
August 31st, 2010, 01:33 AM
Alright, we're getting very close to game time. This is going to be a great watch for anyone who'll be around at 5 pm ET on Friday. There's already been 20k tickets sold, about 17k of them being bought by Temple(LOL at 'Nova to the BE). Villanova returned a good chunk of their allotment. Assuming the hurricane stays away they'll be 30k, including me.

LOL at the fact that a game against an FCS "means soo much to this team, program, fans and school..."
or how about LOL at the fact that Temple even has a rivalry with an FCS in the first place?

Fact of the matter is that this will be Temple's largest attended game of the year BY FAR. It's not a coincidence that Villanova is involved. Sorry for the smack, but it was delivered first.

I don't know where your #'s are coming from...but owlsports.com currently has 18k tickets sold. You clearly are pulling #'s out of your @$$ so who knows how many nova fans have bought tickets. We'll see come Friday what the stadium looks like and how many each side brings.

I fully expect a Nova victory. We are a better team than the one which beat Temple last year...and I expect we'll show that. Whitney and Szczur can't be touched.