PDA

View Full Version : Coastal get big OL commit

Coastal89
January 20th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Mark Jones (Port Orange, Fl.) 6-4 295 is listed by ESPN Insiders as the #33 OG. He chose CCU over Mississippi St. and U. South Florida which had offered.

Other big commits are Jones' teammate from P.O., TE Wes Brown, 6-6 220 and WR Jamar Anderson 6-0 175 Byrnes HS, the leading receiver in SC high School football in 2005 with 96 catches for 1748 yards and 20 TDs.

bodoyle
January 20th, 2006, 08:54 AM
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

MarkCCU
January 20th, 2006, 10:45 AM
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :beerchug:

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!! HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

AppGuy04
January 20th, 2006, 10:56 AM
what is this! football news! damn, i almost forgot what that was!

congrats on the tank up front

jmuroller
January 20th, 2006, 10:58 AM
You can't coach size.

Saint3333
January 20th, 2006, 11:23 AM
WR Jamar Anderson 6-0 175 Byrnes HS, the leading receiver in SC high School football in 2005 with 96 catches for 1748 yards and 20 TDs.

Looks like either you or Swami's got bad info:

Per the MMB: Byrnes wide receiver Jamar Anderson (6-0, 175) committed to The Citadel last week, according to his coach Bobby Bentley. This season Anderson caught 79 passes for 1,374 yards and 17 touchdowns.

http://www.charleston.net/stories/?newsID=64506&section=sports

Not sure who is right, but someone of the coast of SC will be disappointed on signing day.

BestOfBreed
January 20th, 2006, 11:33 AM

Per the MMB: Byrnes wide receiver Jamar Anderson (6-0, 175) committed to The Citadel last week, according to his coach Bobby Bentley. This season Anderson caught 79 passes for 1,374 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Not sure who is right, but someone of the coast of SC will be disappointed on signing day.

Jamar Anderson is a Coastal commit... he dropped his Citadel commitment after visiting Coastal.

bodoyle
January 20th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Correct he did commit to El Cid but then withdrew his commit when he went to visit us. After he visited us he committed to us. :hurray:

Byrnes receiver Jamar Anderson (6-0, 175) said he will decide later this week whether he'll pledge The Citadel or Coastal Carolina.

Anderson committed to The Citadel last weekend but backed off his commitment this weekend after taking a trip to Coastal Carolina.

"I'm going to sit down and weigh my options," he said.

Anderson Switches Commitment
By Phil Kornblut
WR Jamar Anderson (6-0 175) of Byrnes has switched his commitment from The Citadel to Coastal Carolina according to his coach Bobby Bentley. Anderson visited Coastal last weekend. Three other Byrnes players have made commitments according to Bentley: Kendall Glenn and Josh Williams to Newberry and Jermaine Jennings to Tusculum.

Coastal89
January 20th, 2006, 11:37 AM

I got the stats off of the Byrnes HS website. I can't say whether they're correct or not.

He took back his committment from El Cid the week before his visit to CCU.

Saint3333
January 20th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Sounds like a standup guy:
Verbal to Clemson
Verbal to Citadel
Verbal to CCU

BTW what did CCU throw at this guy to change his mind, I hope he doesn't have any more visits for CCU's sake...

I'll just wait until February on this guy. Maybe ASU still has a chance Trey Elder is from Byrnes, Trey get on the phone. But we already have too many receivers redshirted from last year and Josh Johnson sounds like the real deal.

AppGuy04
January 20th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Correct he did commit to El Cid but then withdrew his commit when he went to visit us. After he visited us he committed to us. :hurray:

Byrnes receiver Jamar Anderson (6-0, 175) said he will decide later this week whether he'll pledge The Citadel or Coastal Carolina.

Anderson committed to The Citadel last weekend but backed off his commitment this weekend after taking a trip to Coastal Carolina.

"I'm going to sit down and weigh my options," he said.

Anderson Switches Commitment
By Phil Kornblut
WR Jamar Anderson (6-0 175) of Byrnes has switched his commitment from The Citadel to Coastal Carolina according to his coach Bobby Bentley. Anderson visited Coastal last weekend. Three other Byrnes players have made commitments according to Bentley: Kendall Glenn and Josh Williams to Newberry and Jermaine Jennings to Tusculum.

gotta love those wishy washy kids :rolleyes:

SunCoastBlueHen
January 20th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I got the stats off of the Byrnes HS website. I can't say whether they're correct or not.

He took back his committment from El Cid the week before his visit to CCU.

There's still about two weeks for someone else to invite him for a visit...

Seriously though, these guys sound like some solid recruits.

SoCon48
January 20th, 2006, 11:50 AM
You can't coach size.

Nor lard.

colgate13
January 20th, 2006, 12:21 PM
gotta love those wishy washy kids :rolleyes:

Give em a break. They're 18 year olds trying to make what is mostly the biggest decision of their lives. Especially with the Citadel, maybe he rethought the military angle. I don't think any of us would prefer the alternative, that being transfering out after enrolling.

soweagle
January 20th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I remember a kid a couple of years ago committed to Florida and then to Tenn. Someone had to tell him that he could only commit to one school at a time.

soweagle
January 20th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Give em a break. They're 18 year olds trying to make what is mostly the biggest decision of their lives. Especially with the Citadel, maybe he rethought the military angle. I don't think any of us would prefer the alternative, that being transfering out after enrolling.

Or transferring for three days then transferring back. :)