PDA

View Full Version : DeAndre Presley named Appalachian State's starting QB

T-Dog
August 25th, 2010, 09:55 PM
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=204982868

BOONE, N.C. — Appalachian State University football head coach Jerry Moore and quarterbacks coach Brad Glenn said after Wednesday’s practice that junior DeAndre Presley is expected to start at quarterback when Appalachian opens the 2010 season at Chattanooga on Sept. 4.

Won't be easy following Armanti Edwards. And I don't think the QB competition is quite over yet as Jackson and Barnes will get their snaps against Jacksonville and NCCU. Barnes has been very impressive so far and Jackson has been a bit disappointing so far. Remember AE entered fall camp 4th on the QB depth chart as a freshmen in 2006.

WCU LawCat
August 25th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Play Cadet! :)

ThompsonThe
August 26th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Play Cadet! :)

Even Cadet led team crushed your team, by what, 6 points. By the way, Cadet is now a RB, with WR and punt return duties.

Won't be easy following Armanti Edwards. And I don't think the QB competition is quite over yet as Jackson and Barnes will get their snaps against Jacksonville and NCCU. Barnes has been very impressive so far and Jackson has been a bit disappointing so far. Remember AE entered fall camp 4th on the QB depth chart as a freshmen in 2006.

Kalil Barnes looks really, really good.

DLS
August 26th, 2010, 08:27 AM
sweet, i was actually pulling for pressley. strange to go from backup qb, to buried on the wr depth chart, to starting qb.

our running game is going to be insane this year.

asknoquarter21
August 27th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I am glad to see Pressley named starter.

I don't think it was ever as close as people wanted it to be. He is a very good QB with the physical tools to run ASU's offense effectively. It seemed that what he lacked all along was the ability to make decisions quickly and the confidence of playing the QB position. APParently he has matured a lot this offseason and appears to be much improved.

SoCon48
August 27th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Our running game will be great when Devon gets and stays healthy.

AshevilleApp
August 28th, 2010, 08:55 AM
sweet, i was actually pulling for pressley. strange to go from backup qb, to buried on the wr depth chart, to starting qb.

our running game is going to be insane this year.

as will the receiving game assuming Pressley can get the ball to them

Quick, Cline, Hillary, Elder, Peacock, Cadet......