PDA

View Full Version : JMU vs. Marshall in 2006?

JMU Duke Dog
January 19th, 2006, 03:01 PM
It looks like this may happen and bring Coach Matthews to go up against his former team. It is also would be an opportunity for a current I-AA team to beat a former I-AA powerhouse. Based on Marshall's schedule the game would be in Huntington, WV on 9/16/06.

bandl
January 19th, 2006, 03:05 PM
It looks like this may happen and bring Coach Matthews to go up against his former team. It is also would be an opportunity for a current I-AA team to beat a former I-AA powerhouse. Based on Marshall's schedule the game would be in Huntington, WV on 9/16/06.

I just can't keep up with the comings and goings over who JMU is/isn't playing in 2006!!! Hampton came and went, Appalachian State came and went...Georgia Southern was mentioned at one point (even if it was just a rumor). :rotateh: :rotateh:

bluehenbillk
January 19th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Why is it JMU is always scrambling in the off-season to schedule teams for the upcoming year? UD is always done 2-3 years in advance it seems.

JMU Duke Dog
January 19th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I just can't keep up with the comings and goings over who JMU is/isn't playing in 2006!!! Hampton came and went, Appalachian State came and went...Georgia Southern was mentioned at one point (even if it was just a rumor). :rotateh: :rotateh:

JMU likes to make scheduling interesting! :anim_chai

JMU Duke Dog
January 19th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Why is it JMU is always scrambling in the off-season to schedule teams for the upcoming year? UD is always done 2-3 years in advance it seems.

Hopefully this will be the last time for awhile that JMU is scrambling as future schedules are almost already set with nonconference opponents.

mainejeff
January 19th, 2006, 03:59 PM

As much as JMU seems to be rising and doing things right with their football program......their method of scheduling stinks. Seems very odd that they would continue to have this problem year after year.

th0m
January 19th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Luckily, our 2007 slate is already set, with I believe CCU, VMI and UNC.

JMU Duke Dog
January 19th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Luckily, our 2007 slate is already set, with I believe CCU, VMI and UNC.

If the 12-game regular season amendment passes voting by the NCAA in April we will need another opponent if we opt to play 12 regular season games in 2007. 2008 already has Duke and VMI lined up so we will need two more nonconference opponents for that season as it will be 12 regular season games in 2008 regardless of the April vote due to the calendar.

th0m
January 19th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Does the 12-game season mean you can play 12 games, or that you must play 12 games?

JMU Duke Dog
January 19th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Does the 12-game season mean you can play 12 games, or that you must play 12 games?

can

blukeys
January 19th, 2006, 04:57 PM
As much as JMU seems to be rising and doing things right with their football program......their method of scheduling stinks. Seems very odd that they would continue to have this problem year after year.

Yes it does seem strange. Especially since A-10 teams have only 3 non-con games to schedule each year. Not an impossible task.