PDA

View Full Version : Who will be a better WR?

PhoenixPhan06
August 24th, 2010, 12:16 PM
With the recent graduation of three of the most dominating offensive players in SoCon history, who do you think will have a better career in the NFL as a WR. This only looking at the WR position and not any KR/PR stats that a player may accumulate.

Andre Roberts - 3rd round draft pick, Arizona Cardinals; current stats: 3 rec for 25 yds (through 2 games)

Armanti Edwards - 3rd round draft pick, Carolina Panthers; current stats: 4 rec for 32 yds (through 2 games)

Terrell Hudgins - UFA, Dallas Cowboys; current stats: 3 rec for 57 yds (through 3 games)

AshevilleApp2
August 25th, 2010, 07:10 AM
How the hell would I know? :)

Skjellyfetti
August 25th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Andre Roberts is definitely the best WR at the moment. Who knows who will be in the future.

biggie
August 25th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Probably also depends on if its just as a pure WR or including the 'gimmick' plays. AE should show up more as wildcat or other gimmicks (if Fox will put that type stuff in). But yeah, currently would say Roberts.

PhoenixSupreme
August 25th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Just relying on intuition I would have to go with Roberts. Dallas was already deep at WR before Dez Bryant was drafted, and so Hudgins may not make the team (although he has been performing well, and could end up somewhere else). It seems like Armanti will be more of a situational player in Carolina. Arizona seems to be more of a pass-oriented team (despite having Beanie Wells) and I've noticed in the past that they like to spread the ball around to multiple receivers, so my hunch tells me Roberts will probably be the best in the long run

Rekdiver
August 25th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Roberts has a bright future as long as he doens not have to field any punts

BlackNGold
August 30th, 2010, 05:44 PM
not meant for smack talk or nuthin but I do believe I just heard Hudgins was cut.

superman7515
August 30th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Hudgins was cut and neither Edwards or Roberts has great QB's throwing to them. Arizona has no O-line, so that's not going to give much time to whichever junk time QB they throw to the wolves this season; Carolina has a decent (not great) defense that could keep them in games putting more emphasis on the running game and keeping Matt Moore's attempts down. Way to early to predict.

ElonPride
August 31st, 2010, 08:50 AM
not meant for smack talk or nuthin but I do believe I just heard Hudgins was cut.

Saw the same thing. I believe this was somewhat expected due to the wealth of talent already at WR for Dallas and wouldn't get too much playing time. He'll get picked up by another team.....maybe the Panthers? Wishful thinking...

biggie
August 31st, 2010, 09:14 AM
Hudgins will really need to speed up or bulk up and go to TE and be able to block as well.

AE had a solid performance Saturday for what little he was in and could be better with QBs who see the field better.

Haven't had a chance to watch any of Roberts yet, but NFL Sunday Ticket will be in effect soon.

EmeryZach
August 31st, 2010, 02:21 PM
Victor Cruz will be better than all of them. Trust me.

PhoenixPhan06
August 31st, 2010, 02:52 PM
He has had a pretty good preseason so far

BearIt
September 3rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
Marc Mariani:

MARIANI TAKES NFL YARDAGE LEAD: In the third quarter, Marc Mariani caught a 41-yard pass from Chris Simms. It was Mariani’s third play in three weeks of 37-plus yards. The rookie from Montana had a 60-yard kickoff return against Arizona (8/23) and a 37-yard reception at Carolina (8/28). He led all NFL players during the preseason with 444 combined net yards (131 receiving, 267 kickoff returns, 46 punt returns).

PhoenixPhan06
September 3rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Marc Mariani:

MARIANI TAKES NFL YARDAGE LEAD: In the third quarter, Marc Mariani caught a 41-yard pass from Chris Simms. It was Mariani’s third play in three weeks of 37-plus yards. The rookie from Montana had a 60-yard kickoff return against Arizona (8/23) and a 37-yard reception at Carolina (8/28). He led all NFL players during the preseason with 444 combined net yards (131 receiving, 267 kickoff returns, 46 punt returns).

I love seeing FCS'ers doing well in the NFL. Definetly brings some well deserved attention to the FCS and the programs they represent.

biggie
September 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
AE looked better at QB last night than the other Panther's QBs have. Though the lack of blocking on the OL is going to kill the Panthers' season.

App-a-latch-un
September 4th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Armanti had a great overall showing. For them to let him QB this early was an amazing surprise and his passes were spot on perfect! Looked much more settled and possibly starting to find a little rhythm.