PDA

View Full Version : UTC: judge throws out gang rape charges

phyrbirdphan
January 19th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Football

• A judge threw out a gang rape case yesterdayy against six Chattanooga football players, ruling that there was not enough evidence to prove that their sex with a with a female student was not consensual.

Judge Clarence Shattuck said there was insufficient evidence to refer the case to a grand jury after hearing a day of testimony, including that of the 18-year-old alleged victim.

She testified yesterday that she attended a football game and cheered for the players the day after the alleged Oct. 21 rape and then had consensual sex with another player hours before going to police on Oct. 23.

The judge threw out rape charges against DeJuan Payne, 21, of Stone Mountain, Ga.; Muhammad Ahmad Abdus-Salaam, 19, of Atlanta; Lironnie Davis, 19, of Macon, Ga.; Cori Stukes, 22, of Wilmington, N.C.; Terrence Thomas, 20, of Lithonia, Ga.; and Larry White, 21, of College Park, Ga.

TigerFan17
January 19th, 2006, 12:29 PM
My god this girl means business.

bandl
January 19th, 2006, 12:30 PM
My god this girl means business.
You mean she's "starting" a business???

goasu984Life
January 19th, 2006, 02:28 PM
So, she was gang raped (allegedly), then went to the football game, then had sex with another football player later? Why was she not a credible witness again?

AppGuy04
January 19th, 2006, 03:41 PM
can you say WHORE!

chattanoogamocs
January 19th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I had to keep my mouth shut while this was all happening (beyond me stating time and time again that..."there is a lot to this that will come to light")...but the true killer for her credibility (FYI...she also slept with ...another... player the week before) was that she had a FACEBOOK page bragging about "git'in with football players" (with even a top ten list).

She was a football groupie...she knew what she was doing, and when it started getting around campus what a whore she was, then it became "rape". The Times-Free Press, got access to her facebook page and saved a copy of it before she removed a lot of the stuff...that was one of the killers to her testimony.

Even "consensual" group sex is considered morally reprehensible to most people. Sadly, it costs those players their scholarships...but, at least it didn't cost them their freedom. I hope they, and the young lady, all get some help (the worst part of it is, she has damaged the credibilty of all women, the one's out there who really have been raped). It was a tough lessen learned, I hope the guys realize that kind of spotlight it cast upon a student athlete. They may play football again, but not at UC.

As someone on our boards said... "they are guilty...of stupidity"

Grizo406
January 19th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Was she hot?

catamount man
January 19th, 2006, 09:49 PM
can you say WHORE!

A whore gets paid for services rendered. This young "lady" is nothing more than a freaking slut! Judge not, yes I know, but give me a break. To claim rape and then show up to see them play the next day, a loss to WCU by the way(HA!!), screw another player and THEN go to the police. This chick seriously needs some counseling. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

mainejeff
January 19th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Wow, some fans of other A-10 schools raked Maine players over the coals in a very similar situation a few years ago. What a difference here! I wonder why the change in attitude for this particular case?