PDA

View Full Version : HC's Randolph to Giants....

CFBfan
August 19th, 2010, 06:47 AM
I read this morning that Dom Randolph has joined the Giants.
Yes Eli is out for a week and Sorgi his backup has a sore shoulder but it will be interesting to see what he can do.
Any comments/thoughts from HC fans??

EmeryZach
August 19th, 2010, 07:39 AM
They are actually re-signing him. He was with the team in the spring, so he knows the system a little already.

CFBfan
August 19th, 2010, 08:21 AM
They are actually re-signing him. He was with the team in the spring, so he knows the system a little already.

you had to really enjoy the debut of your former player......

EmeryZach
August 19th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Yes sir. I played against Victor Cruz all through high school. Paterson Catholic (Closed Now) was our big rival. We were both on the First Team All League Offense our senior year http://www.bergen-passaicscholasticleague.com/njhsbpslfb03.htm. Then getting to watch at UMass was awesome, and now with my favorite team the Giants. Pretty cool.

EmeryZach
August 19th, 2010, 09:33 AM
btw, this thread should be merged with the one in the FCS and Pros section.

CrusaderBob
August 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
It's good news for Dom and hopefully he will get a bit more of an opportunity to show what he can do than 3 days in Rookie Minicamp. Giants were essentially evaluating 2 rooke FA QB's (Dom & Reilly Skinner from Wake) for a spot on the training camp roster. With three other QBs on the roster (Eli, Jim Sorgi, & Brett Bohmar), whom ever won the spot had little chance to make the final roster since most teams only keep 3 QBs.

Well Skinner won the rookie FA tryout, but has since decided to retire. Dom's chance I think rest on

1. Sorgi's condition
2. Who else might become available as rosters cut down
3. How he performs in the week or so he'll get with the full squad.

Always thought that a year or two with a team as the third string or practice teamer would be his best chance to learn, develop and then pay bigger dividends a year or two down the road. Hopefully this is his opportunity.

TheValleyRaider
August 19th, 2010, 01:45 PM
It's good news for Dom and hopefully he will get a bit more of an opportunity to show what he can do than 3 days in Rookie Minicamp. Giants were essentially evaluating 2 rooke FA QB's (Dom & Reilly Skinner from Wake) for a spot on the training camp roster. With three other QBs on the roster (Eli, Jim Sorgi, & Brett Bohmar), whom ever won the spot had little chance to make the final roster since most teams only keep 3 QBs.

Well Skinner won the rookie FA tryout, but has since decided to retire. Dom's chance I think rest on

1. Sorgi's condition
2. Who else might become available as rosters cut down
3. How he performs in the week or so he'll get with the full squad.

Always thought that a year or two with a team as the third string or practice teamer would be his best chance to learn, develop and then pay bigger dividends a year or two down the road. Hopefully this is his opportunity.

Heck, the Giants only kept 2 QBs on the active roster last year. Bomar spent the whole season on the Practice Squad. Randolph's chance at a roster spot really hinges on Sorgi's health. If he's fine, then Randolph lasts the preseason until Manning is ready to play, then told thanks for coming. If Sorgi takes a little time, he might get a PS spot. I certainly hope he does well, but given the Giants' current QB situation, he might be better off elsewhere in the long run

Good luck to him xthumbsupx

colorless raider
August 19th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Good luck to Dom. Skelton did very well in his debut with the Cardinals.