PDA

View Full Version : SDSU QB story

89rabbit
August 15th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Nice story from our QB's hometown paper:

http://www.winonadailynews.com/sports/college/article_fde7dece-a824-11df-90b5-001cc4c03286.html

Cotter graduate O'Brien emerging as leader at SDSU

RICK SOLEM | [email protected] winonadailynews.com | Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 12:00 am

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/winonadailynews.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/c/cc/4c4/ccc4c44c-a824-11df-9e5d-001cc4c03286-revisions/4c676ba98186b.preview-300.jpg
South Dakota State quarterback Thomas O'Brien (4) throws a pass against Minnesota during the first quarter of an NCAA football game, Saturday, Nov. 14, 2009, in Minneapolis.

John Stiegelmeier has been coaching South Dakota State University football for the past 13 seasons. This year, however, is unique. This year, he's going through something he's never experienced before. This year, his offense will be led by a sophomore quarterback.

"We have never had that in my tenure as a head football coach," Stiegelmeier said.

Thomas O'Brien, a 2008 Cotter High School graduate, is that sophomore, though nobody thinks of him like that.

"Most of the time, a guy starts for two years," Stiegelmeier said. "They kind of pay their dues."

O'Brien has paid his dues. The redshirt sophomore already has proved he can do everything it takes to succeed at quarterback for a top Football Championship Series (formerly NCAA Division I-AA) team. SDSU is ranked No. 8 in The Sports Network FCS preseason poll.

"I'm excited about having a guy at the quarterback position that has some experience," Stiegelmeier said. "That's a huge part of playing that position - leadership and all those other things."

O'Brien stepped into the starting role last year after senior quarterback Ryan Crawford was injured. . . . (read more)

MR. CHICKEN
August 15th, 2010, 08:53 PM
WILL DUH YOUNGIN'......BE SCARED O' HIS SHADOW....WHEN DUH SUN SHINES....ON DELAWARE STADIUM.........xconfusedx......BRAWK!!

Twentysix
August 15th, 2010, 09:11 PM
WILL DUH YOUNGIN'......BE SCARED O' HIS SHADOW....WHEN DUH SUN SHINES....ON DELAWARE STADIUM.........xconfusedx......BRAWK!!

Yes

Jacked_Rabbit
August 15th, 2010, 10:26 PM

No.

MR. CHICKEN
August 15th, 2010, 11:00 PM
YES/NO........AH'M THINKIN'.........YES!............................x nodx...................DOODLE-DOO-DOO!!

MR. CHICKEN
August 15th, 2010, 11:19 PM
OR..........MAYBE.............NO!.............xoop sx..........AWK!

89rabbit
August 16th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I'd go with no. xnodx

RabidRabbit
August 16th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Great hometown reporting on a favorite son. TOB will be fine in Newark. Minett and receivers are who Hens need to be ready to try and stop. And SDSU D will be even better than last year. Jacks have a lot of tough road games this year. But they should be ready.

Jacked_Rabbit
August 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM
If our O-line can protect TOB and give him a little time, he'll have a big day against the Hens... That's really what it boils down to.

MR. CHICKEN
August 16th, 2010, 04:10 PM
NOT SO FAST....BR'ER BUNNY........DUH 'JACKS ARE FLYIN' EAST...... 2/3 HOURAH TIME DIFF....OURAH SECONDARY...ONE UH DUH BEST....HOT/HUMID...EARLY SEPTEMBERAH DAY....YER FIRST GAME...OURAH SECOND.....WE HAVE DEVLIN.....22K+...FREAKIN' PECKER-HEADS.....KICK-OFF...'BOUT DUH TIME......YER TRAININ' TABLE......POURS DUH CEREAL....AN' DELAWARE....IS...IN DUH CAA.............xnodx..........AWK!

89rabbit
August 16th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Silly Chicken. South Dakota is in the Central time zone one hour behind EST. I am sure you are hopeful that those other factors play a role as #16 Delaware tries to upset #9 South Dakota State.

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/TSN-DIV-1AA-POLL.htm

Should be a heck of a game. I am looking forward to the trip to Newark.