PDA

View Full Version : Attended ASU's Scrimmage Today....

AppMan
August 14th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Offense won't be nearly as explosive as with AE, but I like what I saw. Moving the chains baby, moving the chains. Lots of new wrinkles and formations, I'll leave it at that. O'line is back only missing 1 starter from last year, 5 RB's who can all get it done, and a WR group that is unbelievably deep and very good. Presley is taking over the starting spot, but all three moved the offense. With all the weapons we can throw at people, those guys do not need to be superstars. The defense is big, fast, and extremely athletic. We have a legit DL with starting ends of 6-2 250 & 6-3 265 backed up by 6-2 235 & 6-3 240. Interior guys rotation of 6-3 295, 6-6 290, 6-1 310, 6-3 285. Starting LB's at 6-2 225, 6-0 235, 6-2 225. D'backs, 6-0 200, 6-2 205, 5-11 190, 6-0 190. By the time he finishes at ASU CB Troy Sanders will be the best DB to ever play at ASU, including Mark LeGree and NFL player Matt Stevens. Speed, speed, and more speed. Special teams look solid with all starters returning from a year ago. After today I am jacked and ready for Sept 4.

T-Dog
August 15th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I'm hearing that Presley is separating himself. The way I see it, Presley will be the man vs UTC. Then the next two weeks are weaker teams so we can use Jackson and maybe even Barnes (then redshirt him).

The "wrinkles" do excite me as many people won't expect them.

Devon Moore is primed for a record-setting year.

Many people though we'd be in trouble without AE. However ever since late last year I knew this team would get better in most positions. All we need is solid play from Presley and/or Jackson and we're golden.

PhoenixSupreme
August 15th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Offense won't be nearly as explosive as with AE, but I like what I saw. Moving the chains baby, moving the chains. Lots of new wrinkles and formations, I'll leave it at that.

You don't have to win with an explosive offense. As long as the team is consistent and moving the chains, you'll do just fine. Sounds like ASU's is definitely primed for the season. Can't wait for our turn at y'all...should be good.

Saint3333
August 15th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Note the Moore and Chisom (sp?), top two RBs were held out of the scrimmage. I heard Sanders ran down Pressley on a 60 yard run. This is impressive as Pressley is a faster straight ahead runner than AE. The secondary is stacked, if the DT can clog up the middle this should be our best defense since 2006.

heath
August 15th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Other than a loss at Florida, will ASU be undefeated heading to Gainesville?,will that late season loss affect their playoff run?

Saint3333
August 15th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I would love to see ASU do 8-0 in the SoCon again, but would never predict that this early in the season. IF ASU is 10-0 going into Florida they will be a near lock for 1 or 2 seed. That is a big IF though. If I were a betting man I'd set the win over/under line at 8.5, there are some tough games on the schedule between now and November.

appsfan
August 15th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the update- I am feeling better now with that information...

AppMan
August 15th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Note the Moore and Chisom (sp?), top two RBs were held out of the scrimmage. I heard Sanders ran down Pressley on a 60 yard run. This is impressive as Pressley is a faster straight ahead runner than AE. The secondary is stacked, if the DT can clog up the middle this should be our best defense since 2006.

Saint, Sanders did run him down in mostly an open field. He is going to be something special.

appstate38
August 15th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Glad to hear all the good reports up on the Mountain. Season can't get here fast enough for me.

AppStateSVX
August 15th, 2010, 10:23 PM
thanks for the updates.

going to be ROUGH living so far away from it all this year.....ugh.

apaladin
August 15th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Other than a loss at Florida, will ASU be undefeated heading to Gainesville?,will that late season loss affect their playoff run?

NO and NO.

ThompsonThe
August 15th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Yes and YES !

biggie
August 16th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Possible to be undefeated heading to the swamp. A loss to a ranked FBS team should not affect the rankings, however a win would.

KiddBrewer
August 16th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Possible to be undefeated heading to the swamp. A loss to a ranked FBS team should not affect the rankings, however a win would.

ohhh brother :)

elon77
August 16th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the update- I am feeling better now with that information...

Whew, me too!xsmhx