PDA

View Full Version : SHSU schedule (didn't know if posted already)

kats89
January 14th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Sam Houston tenative schedule for 2006. Wasn't sure if posted yet on AGS. If so, sorry for repeating.

2006 BEARKAT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
TENTATIVE AS OF JAN. 1, 2006
Date Day Opponent Site Time
Sept. 2 Sat. TBA--Probably a DII
Sept. 9 Sat. ARKANSAS-MONTICELLO HUNTSVILLE TBA
Sept. 16 Sat. Southern Methodist University Dallas TBA
Sept. 23 Sat. Missouri State Springfield, MO TBA
Sep. 30 Sat. Texas Austin TBA
Oct. 7 Sat. #Northwestern St. Natchitoches, LA TBA
Oct. 14 Sat. #NICHOLLS ST. Homecoming HUNTSVILLE 2 p.m.
Oct. 21 Sat TBA --probably an open date
Oct. 28 Sat. #McNEESE STATE HUNTSVILLE TBA
Nov. 4 Sat. #Stephen F. Austin State Nacogdoches TBA
Nov. 11 Sat. #Southeastern Louisiana Hammond, LA TBA
Nov. 18 Sat. #TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS HUNTSVILLE TBA

TexasTerror
January 14th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I've circled Nov 11th for a trip to Hammond...

Hopefully that game means quite a bit for the Kats because at this point, it's the only game I'll be seeing this year...

kats89
January 14th, 2006, 10:49 AM
I've circled Nov 11th for a trip to Hammond...

Hopefully that game means quite a bit for the Kats because at this point, it's the only game I'll be seeing this year...

Man Terror, we have another brutal schedule this year. I think it will tougher than last year. Hope the money is worth it to the department and the University.

I am looking forward to McNeese coming to Huntsville and Tx State in Huntsville as well.

blackfordpu
January 14th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Man Terror, we have another brutal schedule this year. I think it will tougher than last year. Hope the money is worth it to the department and the University.

I am looking forward to McNeese coming to Huntsville and Tx State in Huntsville as well.

I agee 89, this schedule will make it tough for the Kats to get to the playoffs this season. Only four home games as it is and two I-As, TW has his work cut out for him getting the team ready.

I will hopefully make all home games and hopefully some of the LA games. I also would like to make the UT game but it is in the busy season so we will see. Hope to see you two at the games. :)

SU Jag
January 14th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Sam Houston tenative schedule for 2006. Wasn't sure if posted yet on AGS. If so, sorry for repeating.

2006 BEARKAT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
TENTATIVE AS OF JAN. 1, 2006
Date Day Opponent Site Time
Sept. 2 Sat. TBA--Probably a DII
Sept. 9 Sat. ARKANSAS-MONTICELLO HUNTSVILLE TBA
Sept. 16 Sat. Southern Methodist University Dallas TBA
Sept. 23 Sat. Missouri State Springfield, MO TBA
Sep. 30 Sat. Texas Austin TBA
Oct. 7 Sat. #Northwestern St. Natchitoches, LA TBA
Oct. 14 Sat. #NICHOLLS ST. Homecoming HUNTSVILLE 2 p.m.
Oct. 21 Sat TBA --probably an open date
Oct. 28 Sat. #McNEESE STATE HUNTSVILLE TBA
Nov. 4 Sat. #Stephen F. Austin State Nacogdoches TBA
Nov. 11 Sat. #Southeastern Louisiana Hammond, LA TBA
Nov. 18 Sat. #TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS HUNTSVILLE TBA

Two D-2 teams? But Texas Terror always talks about SWAC and MEAC teams with d-2s on their schedule? I just don't get it! Arkansas-Monticello is terrible! Why not schedule a good D-2 team like Central Arkansas, Delta State, North Alabama, Tuskegee, or even West Texas A&M? xcoffeex

blackfordpu
January 14th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Two D-2 teams? But Texas Terror always talks about SWAC and MEAC teams with d-2s on their schedule? I just don't get it! Arkansas-Monticello is terrible! Why not schedule a good D-2 team like Central Arkansas, Delta State, North Alabama, Tuskegee, or even West Texas A&M? xcoffeex

We also have two I-A teams. The D-II games are not going to hurt our SOS too bad. We are playing the I-A National Champs.

kats89
January 14th, 2006, 02:48 PM

SU Jag, I am with you on the crappy DII teams. I for one am getting tired of the yawners at Bowers. I would rather see a I-AA team mixed in there. Central Arkansas is moving to the Southland in the next year or two. I better not see another NAIA team on the schedule either. That does us no good getting ready for a SMU or Texas. Saw that last year after we beat up on NAIA Bacone and then got out azzes handed to us at Houston and Tx Tech. (Acutally, we were playing well in Houston until our QB went out of the game with an injury)

SU Jag
January 14th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Central Arkansas is a pretty good team, and they'll be a nice add to the Conference! :)

SU Jag
January 14th, 2006, 03:05 PM
We also have two I-A teams. The D-II games are not going to hurt our SOS too bad. We are playing the I-A National Champs.

Dang I just peeped that yall play Texas in Austin! :eek: Time to rally the troops! :coach:

kats89
January 14th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Dang I just peeped that yall play Texas in Austin! :eek: Time to rally the troops! :coach:

Trying to do some renovations to the facilities. NEED THE CASH!!!!! :nod: Let's go take a 70 point beating for 300K to pad the bank account. At least Vince Young will be gone. We might actually keep it close for one quarter! :rolleyes:

blackfordpu
January 14th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Trying to do some renovations to the facilities. NEED THE CASH!!!!! :nod: Let's go take a 70 point beating for 300K to pad the bank account. At least Vince Young will be gone. We might actually keep it close for one quarter! :rolleyes:

10 bucks says none of the so called "additions" to Bowers that were susposed to be paid for with the money from Tech will be there this season. I'll bring a couple of cases of Beer the the home tailgateS if I am proven wrong. :nod:

kats89
January 14th, 2006, 05:12 PM
10 bucks says none of the so called "additions" to Bowers that were susposed to be paid for with the money from Tech will be there this season. I'll bring a couple of cases of Beer the the home tailgateS if I am proven wrong. :nod:

Scoreboard is a done deal. I don't think we are getting the turf though. We were supposed to get that two years ago. They have had the money for the turf.

TexasTerror
January 14th, 2006, 05:24 PM
The scoreboard will happen. Mark my words. I've heard some of the talks about it all and I think it's going to be rough at first as folks learn how to do it right, but they'll have a polished product as the season continues...

Div II games are easy wins for the Kats (with one or two exceptions along the way). We're not the SWAC where even Div II games are at times, toss-ups!

We wouldn't have to do this if the SWAC ran away from playing us, especially TxSo who'd rather play a Louisiana school instead of a Texas team, not too far away.