PDA

View Full Version : Great West Coach's poll

89rabbit
August 11th, 2010, 05:06 PM
http://www.fightingsioux.com/downloads2/387488.pdf?ATCLID=204976360&SPSID=58640&SPID=6399&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500

2010 Great West Conference Preseason Football Poll

1. UC Davis (3) 23 pts.
2. Cal Poly (1) 18 pts.
3. Southern Utah (1) 14 pts.
4. South Dakota 11 pts.
5. North Dakota 9 pts.

darell1976
August 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM
What a joke. Last place seriously? We return 14 starters and only UND and Cal Poly return their starting QB's. I guess we will prove those jokers wrong.xnonono2x

LakesBison
August 11th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Worst of the Worst seems about right.

darell1976
August 11th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Worst of the Worst seems about right.

Expert in picking teams you are not.

TheBisonator
August 11th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Sucks for UND to be picked that low. I would have them at #3. I think USD and SUU are both below them at this point.

coover
August 11th, 2010, 07:45 PM
SUU will surprise a lot of people. They have a very good QB and a couple of great receivers. UC Davis, unfortunately for them, lost a great QB who will be very difficult to replace. Cal Poly is returning 19 starters from last year's squad and will be much better defensively. And they will be downright scary offensively, possibly as good as they were in 2008 when they led the nation in offense.

My very honest evaluation ...

1. Cal Poly
2. Southern Utah
3. UC Davis
4. South Dakota
5. North Dakota

darell1976
August 11th, 2010, 08:21 PM
SUU will surprise a lot of people. They have a very good QB and a couple of great receivers. UC Davis, unfortunately for them, lost a great QB who will be very difficult to replace. Cal Poly is returning 19 starters from last year's squad and will be much better defensively. And they will be downright scary offensively, possibly as good as they were in 2008 when they led the nation in offense.

My very honest evaluation ...

1. Cal Poly
2. Southern Utah
3. UC Davis
4. South Dakota
5. North Dakota

Funny how we go from conference runner up to celler dweller. We host SUU, and UC Davis. USD hasn't beaten UND in years, and we beat Poly last year. But its fine people under estimate us cause it will be a shocker to them when we come out on top.

GoAgs72
August 11th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I can't see Cal Poly going from last place to first place in one year, or maybe even second place. A lot of returning starters from a losing team doesn't always translate to a winning season. I think the conference championship should be between SUU and UC Davis. North Dakota has the advantage of having UC Davis and SUU at home and may win both of those which could upset a lot of predictions. The problem with the Great West is that there is not a tremendous drop-off from first to last. The conference needs to recruit some push-overs that are guaranteed wins like other conferences have.

Gil Dobie
August 11th, 2010, 08:36 PM
The Great West is very unpredictable, it's very difficult to pick the order.

darell1976
August 11th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I can't see Cal Poly going from last place to first place in one year, or maybe even second place. A lot of returning starters from a losing team doesn't always translate to a winning season. I think the conference championship should be between SUU and UC Davis. North Dakota has the advantage of having UC Davis and SUU at home and may win both of those which could upset a lot of predictions. The problem with the Great West is that there is not a tremendous drop-off from first to last. The conference needs to recruit some push-overs that are guaranteed wins like other conferences have.

Everyone could actually end up 2-2. Then we can all be co-champs. We need to get out of this joke of a conference.

aggiemba
August 11th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Darrell76,

I guarantee we crush you.xcoolx

JBB
August 12th, 2010, 07:08 AM
There arent enough schools to actually consider this a conference race, but it is competitive. I remember that.

1. Southern Utah-they have been coming on for several years
2. UC Davis-big school
3. Cal Poly-sure didnt like the way they faded in the last 5 games
4. South Dakota-Jr. Bowl is in Vermillion this year. Will it be for the cellar? Yotes at NDSU is on Statewide TV.
5. North Dakota-they are impressed with their speed but they have never had D1 speed before

darell1976
August 12th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Darrell76,

I guarantee we crush you.xcoolx

As I recall we crushed you in the D2 playoffs in 2001...the last time you were in Grand Forks.

aggiemba
August 12th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Darrell76,

Sure you can talk about something that happened 10 years ago, but let's talk about this season.

The Aggies will be coming off of game experience versus the Pac-10 and the WAC while you guys will be coming off game experience against "The little sisters of the poor" catholic girls school.

Good luck. xlolx

darell1976
August 12th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Darrell76,

Sure you can talk about something that happened 10 years ago, but let's talk about this season.

The Aggies will be coming off of game experience versus the Pac-10 and the WAC while you guys will be coming off game experience against "The little sisters of the poor" catholic girls school.

Good luck. xlolx

We lost by 8 to you last year. You have all this big smack talk. You play the Pac 10 and the WAC. We have 2 FBS games also. Thats means nothing. You have to come to our house and are 0-1 at the Alerus Center. So until you can beat us on our turf your talk means nothing. Also what do you call the little sisters of the poor...Cal Poly, Idaho, N. Illinois, Southern Utah. BTW you are our last conference game so it will be a loud, packed house. Just ask Poly how they fared at the Alerus last year.

Hambone
August 12th, 2010, 01:59 PM
You sound like Ivan Drago right before Rocky KO'd his butt xnodxxnodx

LakesBison
August 12th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Just ask Poly how they fared at the Alerus last year.
(maybe the aggies will be forced to drive a bus in a snowstorm for 8 hours from Minneapolis to that barren town to slow them down like poly was last year)

darell1976
August 12th, 2010, 02:10 PM
(maybe the aggies will be forced to drive a bus in a snowstorm for 8 hours from Minneapolis to that barren town to slow them down like poly was last year)

The Sioux defense is enough to slow them down Lakes, just worry about your own team and see if they can make it to .500.

F'N Hawks
August 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM

I like it that Lakes is paying such close attention to UND Football that he knows our opponents travel schedules. That's awesome. xhurrayx

darell1976
August 12th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I like it that Lakes is paying such close attention to UND Football that he knows our opponents travel schedules. That's awesome. xhurrayx

Lakes is a closet Sioux fan. He is giving up on NDSU and joining our side. Thank you for your interest in Sioux athletics Lakes.xthumbsupx

JBB
August 12th, 2010, 03:55 PM
That bus ride was really an advantage for UND but Polys year end slide was epic. They were pretty hapless in Grand Forks last year. Thats why Im cautious on them this year. UCD on the other hand is a big school and big program. Thats why I have them second but I think its a reasonable flyer to take SUU for the title.

Neither USD or UND has much at least until we see it. They have shown some competitiveness against lower level opponents but neither has had success with top tier FCS schools. It wouldnt be the first time the Jr. Bowl has been for the cellar and the game has had the potential to decide the cellar every time its been played. Look at their records against MVFC schools for an indication of what Im saying.

SUU on the other hand has been committed to success for several years now. I know during NDSUs time in the GWC they progressively got better, but if memory serves me well were never able to beat the BISON. Few years back their scheduling really took a bump up and they have kept it there as they built their team. Its a program that has learned to win and they have good personal and coaching. This could be the year they really cash in.

darell1976
August 12th, 2010, 04:06 PM
That bus ride was really an advantage for UND but Polys year end slide was epic. They were pretty hapless in Grand Forks last year. Thats why Im cautious on them this year. UCD on the other hand is a big school and big program. Thats why I have them second but I think its a reasonable flyer to take SUU for the title.

Neither USD or UND has much at least until we see it. They have shown some competitiveness against lower level opponents but neither has had success with top tier FCS schools. It wouldnt be the first time the Jr. Bowl has been for the cellar and the game has had the potential to decide the cellar every time its been played. Look at their records against MVFC schools for an indication of what Im saying.

SUU on the other hand has been committed to success for several years now. Their scheduling really took a bump up and they have kept it there as they built their team. Its a program that has learned to win and they have good personal and coaching. This could be the year they really cash in.

UND beat UNI as a D2 team, we lost to SIU in our first year of moving up..and well we own NDSU, we haven't played anyone else in the MVFC.

dakotadan
August 12th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I'm not going to worry too much about a preseason poll. UND has a very young, athletic team that is unproven. So I am not going to feel insulted that we were picked last. About the only way that this poll affects UND is that the coaches can now use it as lockerroom material before each Great West game.

Besides, I can still say that UND was picked 5th in their conference and NDSU was picked 6th in their conference! So obviously UND is the better team. xlolx xthumbsupx

coover
August 12th, 2010, 06:06 PM
That bus ride was really an advantage for UND but Polys year end slide was epic. They were pretty hapless in Grand Forks last year. Thats why Im cautious on them this year.

Yes, Poly's slide last year was horrific. For the most part, it was caused by injuries, lack of depth, and too few players actually playing during the game. By the end of the games they were exhausted.

That should not happen this year. The 19 starters that are back, with the addition of some others will be a much better team than the 2009 team was when healthy. I expect the offense to be something like the offense in 2008, when Poly led the nation. And the defense will be much improved. Depth, too, is better, and while injuries may hurt, they will not have an effect on the team like last year.

If you think this year's team will slide like it did last year, you will be in for a surprise. This year's team at Poly is a top 10 FCS squad, maybe better.

And you better watch out for Southern Utah and Davis, too, because they won't be an easy opponent for anybody. The Dakota schools are good, probably better than the average FCS squad. But there are no average FCS squads in the Great West.

darell1976
August 12th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Yes, Poly's slide last year was horrific. For the most part, it was caused by injuries, lack of depth, and too few players actually playing during the game. By the end of the games they were exhausted.

That should not happen this year. The 19 starters that are back, with the addition of some others will be a much better team than the 2009 team was when healthy. I expect the offense to be something like the offense in 2008, when Poly led the nation. And the defense will be much improved. Depth, too, is better, and while injuries may hurt, they will not have an effect on the team like last year.

If you think this year's team will slide like it did last year, you will be in for a surprise. This year's team at Poly is a top 10 FCS squad, maybe better.

And you better watch out for Southern Utah and Davis, too, because they won't be an easy opponent for anybody. The Dakota schools are good, probably better than the average FCS squad. But there are no average FCS squads in the Great West.

I wish the rest of the FCS world would realize that when they schedule us. There are no cupcakes in this league.

NDB
August 12th, 2010, 07:08 PM
i wouldn't call any GWFC team's cupcakes, but they each had disappointing seasons last year.

the great west had solid two solid wins last year: poly v. sdsu and suu vs. texas state in addition to a few wins against average teams.

five teams. fifty plus games. one win against a playoff team.

i'm very pro-great west, but 2009 was a step back.

slostang
August 12th, 2010, 07:22 PM
i wouldn't call any GWFC team's cupcakes, but they each had disappointing seasons last year.

the great west had solid two solid wins last year: poly v. sdsu and suu vs. texas state in addition to a few wins against average teams.

five teams. fifty plus games. one win against a playoff team.

i'm very pro-great west, but 2009 was a step back.

Fair take. I think 2010 will be much better for the whole conference.

NDB
August 12th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I hope so and I think it will be, mainly because no one performed to expectations last year.

LakesBison
August 12th, 2010, 11:42 PM
thank god ndsu isnt in that conf. just a bunch of naia losing numbnuts bragging about beating 2-3 teams. congrats on that.

slostang
August 13th, 2010, 12:06 AM
thank god ndsu isnt in that conf. just a bunch of naia losing numbnuts bragging about beating 2-3 teams. congrats on that.

Take a hike Lakes.

JSUBison
August 13th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Why is this even in the main forum? You guys have an entire section for yourselves.

slostang
August 13th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Why is this even in the main forum? You guys have an entire section for yourselves.

Don't like it, don't click on it. Last I checked the Great West is also part of the FCS and this is the FCS discussion board.

GoAgs72
August 13th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Don't like it, don't click on it. Last I checked the Great West is also part of the FCS and this is the FCS discussion board.

Ditto, slostang. I think this topic is of general interest.

coover
August 13th, 2010, 02:39 AM

USF? You Ess Eff? I didn't know the University of San Francisco played football!

darell1976
August 13th, 2010, 08:24 AM

I agree Lakes thank God NDSU isn't in our conference we like to keep our numbers up and we don't need any 3-8 teams in our league.

slostang
August 13th, 2010, 09:03 AM
I agree Lakes thank God NDSU isn't in our conference we like to keep our numbers up and we don't need any 3-8 teams in our league.
Good one. Lakes, people in glass houses should not throw stones. xlolx

JSUBison
August 13th, 2010, 09:58 AM

Relax, I wasn't complaining. I just thought that with a special section for the GW it would go there.

JBB
August 13th, 2010, 10:48 AM
SloStang, Lakes is right on the money. He shouldn't take a hike. If there is a reason to believe why the GWC is a powerhouse the way to convince people is not to tell the nay sayers to take a hike, but rather show the stats that prove them wrong.

There is a lot of hyperbole in this thread. I dont think the GWC even had a playoff team last year, half their members arent even in D1 yet and as pointed out there is only 1 victory out of 50 some games where the GWC beat a playoff team.

GWC games Im looking forward to:

SUU and UND. SUU looks for its third consecutive win.
UCD/Cal Poly. The premier game in the league
USD/NDSU. Good OOC game for the Yotes and a good measure for the GWC.

darell1976
August 13th, 2010, 10:55 AM
SloStang, Lakes is right on the money. He shouldn't take a hike. If there is a reason to believe why the GWC is a powerhouse the way to convince people is not to tell the nay sayers to take a hike, but rather show the stats that prove them wrong.

There is a lot of hyperbole in this thread. I dont think the GWC even had a playoff team last year, half their members arent even in D1 yet and as pointed out there is only 1 victory out of 50 some games where the GWC beat a playoff team.

GWC games Im looking forward to:

SUU and UND. SUU looks for its third consecutive win.
UCD/Cal Poly. The premier game in the league
USD/NDSU. Good OOC game for the Yotes and a good measure for the GWC.

For his namecalling JBB he should take a hike. We never said the GWFC was a powerhouse it was stated we are not a cupcake league. You had how many teams in the MVFC with less than 4 wins.... 3 (NDSU, WIU, and Indiana St) we had Zero. Cal Poly and SUU was the only teams in our league with losing records and you rank them highly on the poll. That means we are tough top to bottom. Where in your conference you don't have tough teams top to bottom. Lakes says we are a bunch of NAIA losers who win 2-3 games....who won 3 games last year.

JBB
August 13th, 2010, 11:07 AM
The poll is a GWC poll. I rank them highly because relative to the league I think they will have good seasons. Relative to the country I cant say, but winning the GWC is no measure of success on the national scale. Probably the only team in the league that might garner a playoff spot will be the champion and I think that will be SUU this season. Tought top to bottom? Maybe among yourselves but the GWC OOC record does not paint a picture of national competitiveness at all.

darell1976
August 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM
The poll is a GWC poll. I rank them highly because relative to the league I think they will have good seasons. Relative to the country I cant say, but winning the GWC is no measure of success on the national scale. Probably the only team in the league that might garner a playoff spot will be the champion and I think that will be SUU this season. Tought top to bottom? Maybe among yourselves but the GWC OOC record does not paint a picture of national competitiveness at all.

Maybe if we had a AQ conference things could be different. As for OOC we were 16-18 (.470) better than the MVFC 13-17 (.433) We have 7 OOC games so its harder than hell to find teams to schedule than just 3 like the MVFC. As for conference rankings http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm #4 out of 15 conferences, and as for strength of schedule: 131-159 was our 5 teams, your conference for example was 146-166. Our worst SOS team beat out 5 of your conference teams. So again top to bottom we are tough,

NDB
August 13th, 2010, 11:38 AM
And how many of those 34 OOC games were against NAIA, DII teams, non-scholarship, or transitional schools?

My count is 10 (counting WSSU which returns back to DII as a transitional school).

So yep. The GWFC went 16-18. 9-1 against sub-par competition. And like I posted before, most other OOC teams are nothing to write home about.

Against teams that are scholarship FCS this year, the GWFC went 7-17.

Including wins against NWS 0-11, Stony Brook 6-5, Texas State 7-4, SELA 6-5, Sac State 5-6, SDSU 8-4, and Portland State 2-9. A combined record of 34-44.

Sorry, that's disappointing at best but more like embarrassing.

darell1976
August 13th, 2010, 11:46 AM
And how many of those 34 OOC games were against NAIA, DII teams, non-scholarship, or transitional schools?

My count is 10 (counting WSSU which returns back to DII as a transitional school).

So yep. The GWFC went 16-18. 9-1 against sub-par competition. And like I posted before, most other OOC teams are nothing to write home about.

Including wins against NWS 0-11, Stony Brook 6-5, Texas State 7-4, SELA 6-5, Sac State 5-6, SDSU 8-4, and Portland State 2-9. A combined record of 34-44.

Check out the part where i typed the SOS. Also 3 OOC games is a lot easier to fill than 7, plus we have 2 teams in transition so we still play NAIA or D2 or D3 teams...You should know that NDSU and SDSU did that too. What is more embarrassing having a team still in transition lose to NAIA Sioux Falls or a FCS team that has been established for years lose to NAIA Quincy (Indiana St.)

NDB
August 13th, 2010, 12:21 PM
NDSU played four non-DI teams during the transition and got unbelievable sh#t for it. Two of these were in the first year, one against a DII playoff team (which given no recruiting/$$$ advantage was a relatively respectable game to be scheduled).

UND played that many its first year of transition and will likely double NDSU's numbers.

Last year, every GWFC team played at least one non-DI team. I understand scheduling is tough in the west, but that doesn't change that the game scheduled was relative garbage.

Also, UND can't piss and moan about scheduling. They'd have a home-and-home with NDSU signed, sealed, and delivered if they wanted.

As far as strength of schedule, I'd like to know Sagarin's method for accounting for games against non-DI opponents, but they are unpublished.

If you're pleased with the performance of your team and the GWFC last year, I not only disagree with you I feel sorry for you and your expectations as a fan.

darell1976
August 13th, 2010, 12:26 PM
NDSU played four non-DI teams during the transition and got unbelievable sh#t for it. Two of these were in the first year, one against a DII playoff team (which given no recruiting/$$$ advantage was a relatively respectable game to be scheduled).

UND played that many its first year of transition and will likely double NDSU's numbers.

Last year, every GWFC team played at least one non-DI team. I understand scheduling is tough in the west, but that doesn't change that the game scheduled was relative garbage.

Also, UND can't piss and moan about scheduling. They'd have a home-and-home with NDSU signed, sealed, and delivered if they wanted.

As far as strength of schedule, I'd like to know Sagarin's method for accounting for games against non-DI opponents, but they are unpublished.

If you're pleased with the performance of your team and the GWFC last year, I not only disagree with you I feel sorry for you and your expectations as a fan.

Until the Fall of 2012 mine and all other Sioux fans expectations for our teams are to win the Great West Conference. That's all we can do. We could go the NDSU route and build our team into a super power during transition and do sh-t after our transition was over or go the SDSU route and build for the future when playoffs count. I choose the Jacks route. And what is wrong for scheduling a Sub D1 team? Montana did it against NDSU, UNI did it against UND, sometimes you win and in these 2 examples the FCS teams got beat. But its a preseason poll don't mean a thing. Lets see what happens at the end of November.

NDB
August 13th, 2010, 12:36 PM
What sort of magical world do you live in Darell.

I missed the day when everyone decided how their life would turn out. You know the day when apparently Bohl said I'd like to go 10-1, 10-1, 6-5, and 3-8 while Coach Stig said, I'd rather go 6-5, 7-4, 6-5, 8-4.

As a fan, I wouldn't trade the win over Minnesota for anything, but again their is no one to trade with.

And don't give me some crap about building for the future. UND hasn't done crap since Lennon left in 2008. Your coaching staff was completely outclassed by guys from an NAIA school and your recruiting is worse than ours!!!

But enough with the smack. I'd really like to see the GWFC step up this year across the board, but if you're happy with last year good for you.

RabidRabbit
August 13th, 2010, 12:54 PM
No call outs to specific guys. Good discussion.

OK - Play ball.

darell1976
August 13th, 2010, 01:56 PM
What sort of magical world do you live in Darell.

I missed the day when everyone decided how their life would turn out. You know the day when apparently Bohl said I'd like to go 10-1, 10-1, 6-5, and 3-8 while Coach Stig said, I'd rather go 6-5, 7-4, 6-5, 8-4.

As a fan, I wouldn't trade the win over Minnesota for anything, but again their is no one to trade with.

And don't give me some crap about building for the future. UND hasn't done crap since Lennon left in 2008. Your coaching staff was completely outclassed by guys from an NAIA school and your recruiting is worse than ours!!!

But enough with the smack. I'd really like to see the GWFC step up this year across the board, but if you're happy with last year good for you.

Thank You the only thing that didn't make our year a success was the loss to UC Davis because beating them would've given us the title.

aggiemba
August 13th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Thank You the only thing that didn't make our year a success was the loss to UC Davis because beating them would've given us the title.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda! We all know there is no way in hell that was going to happen. We will crush you.

NDB
August 13th, 2010, 05:06 PM

good to know that you won't be sad when USF beats you again in 2012.

darell1976
August 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM
good to know that you won't be sad when USF beats you again in 2012.

It happens it happens, Indiana St could beat your team. Anybody can beat anybody.

darell1976
August 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda! We all know there is no way in hell that was going to happen. We will crush you.

You won 28-20. Its not like you beat us by 50?

NDB
August 13th, 2010, 05:29 PM
good try.

as bad as we sucked last year, we beat the trees by 39 in terre haute last fall.

i'd like to think that no ndsu ad would schedule such a trap game as you had against USF and SOU.

darell1976
August 13th, 2010, 06:04 PM
good try.

as bad as we sucked last year, we beat the trees by 39 in terre haute last fall.

i'd like to think that no ndsu ad would schedule such a trap game as you had against USF and SOU.

In 2012 we become playoff eligible I would think every game will be important enough to NOT overlook.

JBB
August 13th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I have to agree with NDB. Great for the GWC. Love the competition, spirited schools led by Poly and UCD but none are football powerhouses. Last years "title game" is an indication of how weak the conference really is, but a lot of that has to do with size too. There arent enough games to really sort the also-rans out from the top teams.

Like I said, Ive been watching SUU build and its been a steady upward curve from the cellar a few years back to a rise to competitiveness now. The California schools are always in the mix and the Dakota schools have yet to show anything. Maybe there will be some significant victories this season but so far those two schools have been bouncing along the bottom.

JBB
August 13th, 2010, 06:41 PM
You won 28-20. Its not like you beat us by 50?

Darell, I watched that game. UND was never in it. UND scored with 3 minutes left in the game to pull within 8! UCD had just under 300 yds passing. It was not a thing of beauty. The game was over at the end of the first quarter.

slostang
August 13th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I have to agree with NDB. Great for the GWC. Love the competition, spirited schools led by Poly and UCD but none are football powerhouses. Last years "title game" is an indication of how weak the conference really is, but a lot of that has to do with size too. There arent enough games to really sort the also-rans out from the top teams.

Like I said, Ive been watching SUU build and its been a steady upward curve from the cellar a few years back to a rise to competitiveness now. The California schools are always in the mix and the Dakota schools have yet to show anything. Maybe there will be some significant victories this season but so far those two schools have been bouncing along the bottom.

JBB, how week can the league be when it's last place team that had a losing record beat a playoff team from the mighty MVFC? I guess Cal Poly would have rolled if we were in that conference. :)

JBB
August 13th, 2010, 07:24 PM
NDB has supplied the OOC stats. Enough said for that.

Looking at the conference from last year UND is 4th or 5th in every meaningful statistic. Their last place vote is justified. The rest of the stats are a good mix with a few names showing up a lot. This lends support to all the reasonable predictions found in this thread.

The teams to watch if last years stats mean anything are, on offense, USD and SUU. They were 1 and 2 in total offense. I think USD lost a great QB but had a good rushing game. SUU will be respectable rushing and should lead the league again in passing.

In total defense it's Davis and South Dakota. SUU was last. They will have to step that up if they want to win the conference. I hope the flash of the SUU offense didnt blind me to a fatal weakness.

As far as comparisons to the MVFC and GWC go I can say this:

One big difference between the leagues is scoring defense. The MVFC leader allowed 13 and the GWC leader South Dakota allowed 27 pts/game. All the GWC teams would have been in the lower echelons of the MVFC in that stat and none of the GWC teams would have fared well statistically in the MVFC last season.

Sometimes the upset happens but in the end 66- 7 is a reality. It makes a good performance benchmark between statistically successful teams in their respective leagues.

In almost every single statistical category the MVFC leaders are better than the GWC leaders, you could say significantly in several key stats. Check out total defense for starters.

Heres the conference statistics for the GWC and MVFC from last season:

http://www.greatwestconference.org/sports/m-footbl/stats/2009-2010/confldrs.html

http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confstat.htm

SDFS
August 13th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Darell, I watched that game. UND was never in it. UND scored with 3 minutes left in the game to pull within 8! UCD had just under 300 yds passing. It was not a thing of beauty. The game was over at the end of the first quarter.

I remember UND having the ball deep in UCD territory late in the 3rd Q with the score 14 to 10. UND had to settle for a FG to make it 14 to 13 late 3rd/beginning of the 4th Q. Not punching it in for a TD on that drive was the turning point. Because UCD got the ball and drove the length of the field. UND had to play catch-up football after that drive. I think that UCD was the better team. But, I am not sure that "never in it" is really correct. But, you are entitled to your opinion.

SDFS
August 13th, 2010, 10:04 PM

Your numbers looked off, so I had to double check. This is what I get. I could be wrong.

Great West OCC

FBS 0-7

It should be noted that USD did not play FBS last year because of the rolling avg scholarship levels requirement to count as a Div 1 team for FBS schools. They are playing two FBS teams this year.

FCS 11 - 10 - this is from Masseyrating.com website..

Plus, I only see two FCS non scholarship games Drake and San Diego .. not sure about W Salem St. but I think they offer scholarships.

So, yes I would agree that it might look like the GWFC was down a bit this year. But, they played a large number of FBS and Top 25 FCS progams (14 of the 17 Div 1 losses) and almost all of them on the road (12). Playing this type of schedule has a tendency to cause injuries and wear teams down. Plus, I would not consider the GWFC a bus league.

But, I look for a quick bounce back based on the following:

- Poly coaching change and scheme change on defense takes more than a year to make this type of change ask Nebraska or Michigan about that.. plus they had numerous injuries.... Poly will be back this year.

- T-Birds - recent coaching change a couple of years ago plus going max scholarship will be on full display this year. Plus, SUU has picked up several nice DI transfers. They are only getting better...

- UxD - One more year through transition. I expect UxD teams to be up and down all year. UND has 13 Seniors and 49 Freshman (RS and True) which will make things interesting.

-UCD will be much like last year. They have to replace the QB, but Davis always has QBs.

SDFS
August 14th, 2010, 12:16 AM

Please see my previous response in reference to the GWFC performance last year and yes I would say that the conference only had a handful of nice wins:

SDSU (9), Texas St (29), Sac St (43) Stony Brook (47 Big South Champ), SELA (52) and Central Arkansas (53)

Take a look at the MVFC:

FBS: 0-9
FCS: 10-5

FCS Top 25: 0-1

Wins: Ga Southern (35), South Dakota (42), Northeastern (59), Sam Houston (67), Ten-Martin (77), Austin Peay (87) 2 wins, Wagner (92), Murray St (106), and St. Francis (116)

Loses: E. Ill (33) 0-2, Poly (45) and Sam Houston (67)

So, in summary the MVFC OCC highlights from last year are wins against Ga Southern and the Yotes and ONE Top 25 loss to SF Austin.

JBB
August 14th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Its been a good back and forth and it caused me to change my mind.

My new guess:

1. SUU - it all depends on the defense
2. UCD - cant count the defending champs out
3. USD - with a bullet
4. Cal Poly - didn't like the finish last year
5. UND - The stats cant be all wrong

darell1976
August 14th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Its been a good back and forth and it caused me to change my mind.

My new guess:

1. SUU - it all depends on the defense
2. UCD - cant count the defending champs out
3. USD - with a bullet
4. Cal Poly - didn't like the finish last year
5. UND - The stats cant be all wrong

I will pull this up in 3 months to see if you are correct about the "stats can't be all wrong".

NDB
August 14th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Please see my previous response in reference to the GWFC performance last year and yes I would say that the conference only had a handful of nice wins:

SDSU (9), Texas St (29), Sac St (43) Stony Brook (47 Big South Champ), SELA (52) and Central Arkansas (53)

Take a look at the MVFC:

FBS: 0-9
FCS: 10-5

FCS Top 25: 0-1

Wins: Ga Southern (35), South Dakota (42), Northeastern (59), Sam Houston (67), Ten-Martin (77), Austin Peay (87) 2 wins, Wagner (92), Murray St (106), and St. Francis (116)

Loses: E. Ill (33) 0-2, Poly (45) and Sam Houston (67)

So, in summary the MVFC OCC highlights from last year are wins against Ga Southern and the Yotes and ONE Top 25 loss to SF Austin.

Was I bragging up the MVFC?

The Missouri Valley a nine team league played 24 nonconference games as opposed to the Great West a five team league that played 34.

The Missouri Valley played one DII, NAIA, transitional, OR di NON-SCHOLLY team- usD - you know the one that is the Great West.

The Missouri Valley Football Conference, which was down last year, is much more of gauntlet than the Great West. The scheduling is pretty uniform across schools: FBS, relative FCS cupcake, and average/above-average game. E.G. NDSU played Iowa State, Wagner, and Sam Houston - a respectable Southland Team.

Most of the Missouri Valley Conference's big games are conference games - because we have a lot of good teams.

Knowledgeable Great West fans would be happier than sh#t to have a schedule like MVFC teams have.

As far as performance, the Missouri Valley as a whole was down. We nearly had three teams in the playoffs, the GWFC had zero. We had three teams ranked in the top 25, again the GWFC had zero.

If you want to talk about quality, more than half of the members of the GWFC would sell their own mothers to join the MVFC.

slostang
August 14th, 2010, 10:12 AM

The Missouri Valley a nine team league played 24 nonconference games as opposed to the Great West a five team league that played 34.

The Missouri Valley played one DII, NAIA, transitional, OR di NON-SCHOLLY team- usD - you know the one that is the Great West.

The Missouri Valley Football Conference, which was down last year, is much more of gauntlet than the Great West. The scheduling is pretty uniform across schools: FBS, relative FCS cupcake, and average/above-average game. E.G. NDSU played Iowa State, Wagner, and Sam Houston - a respectable Southland Team.

Most of the Missouri Valley Conference's big games are conference games - because we have a lot of good teams.

Knowledgeable Great West fans would be happier than sh#t to have a schedule like MVFC teams have.

As far as performance, the Missouri Valley as a whole was down. We nearly had three teams in the playoffs, the GWFC had zero. We had three teams ranked in the top 25, again the GWFC had zero.

If you want to talk about quality, more than half of the members of the GWFC would sell their own mothers to join the MVFC.

I would like to let the "good and knowledgeable fans of NDSU and SDSU" know that I think very highly of both schools, their fans and the MVFC. I am just having fun with some of the "not so good and knowledgeable fans of NDSU and SDSU" which there are not many, but unfortunately they are very vocal.

darell1976
August 14th, 2010, 10:19 AM

When did Quincy join the FCS?? NAIA Quincy played Indiana St....and won!!

Remember almost half of the GWFC teams are NOT eligible for playoffs.

SDFS
August 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM

I think you number of one is off... it looks like 3 and 2 more games against limited scholarship FCS schools. Nothing wrong with scheduling these schools, every school has to make its schedule work for them. But, it is not one.

S. Ill played - SW Baptist and SE Missouri St. last year
UNI played - St. Francis PA - FCS version of Div II (30/40) scholarship limit
NDSU - Wagner - FCS version of Div II (30/40) scholarship limit
ISU Blue - Quincy - NAIA

Actually GWF has some some very nice schedules:

FBS (9 games): Idaho, California, Central Florida, Wyoming, Minnesota, N. Ill, San Jose St. (x2) and Fresno St.

FCS OOC Games (21 games):

Big Sky: Montana (x2)#, Portland St, Weber St#., N. Arizona#, UNC, E. Wash#, Sac St
Pioneer: San Diego (x2)
Southland: Texas St. (x2), McNeese St#, NWLA, Lamar (x2)
CAA: Old Dominion
MVFC: NDSU, UNI, SDSU#
NEAC: St. Francis PA

# Top 25 Teams - last year - 7 games.

Plus a very balance conference schedule

SIU and SDSU had very nice seasons last year. In my opinion, the GWFC Champion is more qualitified that some playoff teams. But, it will always difficult for GWFC to get a playoff team because of the typical schedule:

2 FBS, 1 non counter and multiple high end FCS games and a very balanced conference schedule with difficult travel.

Examples from this year:

UND: @Idaho, @N. Ill, @Montana, @SDSU
USD: @CFU, @U of Min, @NDSU, UNI
SUU: @Wyoming, @San Jose St., @Texas St., N. Ariz and EWU
Poly: @Fresno St., @Texas St, Montana, @McNeese St.
UCD: @California, @San Jose St., @Weber St

16 of 20 on the road...

Actually more than half would take the Big Sky and others would take MVFC. But, I think that has more to do with travel, schedule (getting games) and autobid versus lack of competition within the conference. xpeacex

NDB
August 14th, 2010, 12:24 PM
You got me with Quincy and SW Baptist, but SW Missouri, St. Francis and Wagner are scholarship DI programs.

Which GWFC deserved to make the playoffs last year? There wasn't a single team that won 7 games!?! The only one with a marquee win, imo, was Poly and their wheels came off by the end of the season.

Schedules are much better THIS YEAR, but that wasn't the original focus of the discussion. --They are comparable to the MVFC. Let's see what the records are a the end of the season, though.

I'm a big fan of the Great West and feel a strong kinship with Davis, Cal Poly, and SUU. I'd love to see both California schools make the playoffs.

darell1976
August 14th, 2010, 12:31 PM
You got me with Quincy and SW Baptist, but SW Missouri, St. Francis and Wagner are scholarship DI programs.

Which GWFC deserved to make the playoffs last year? There wasn't a single team that won 7 games!?! The only one with a marquee win, imo, was Poly and their wheels came off by the end of the season.

Schedules are much better THIS YEAR, but that wasn't the original focus of the discussion. --They are comparable to the MVFC. Let's see what the records are a the end of the season, though.

I'm a big fan of the Great West and feel a strong kinship with Davis, Cal Poly, and SUU. I'd love to see both California schools make the playoffs.

And pray that us Dakota teams fall on our face...right?

JBB
August 14th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I would like to let the "good and knowledgeable fans of NDSU and SDSU" know that I think very highly of both schools, their fans and the MVFC. I am just having fun with some of the "not so good and knowledgeable fans of NDSU and SDSU" which there are not many, but unfortunately they are very vocal.

Thank you SloStang, you are one of the best on the boards. You can always be counted on for your grace, humor, understanding and tolerance of all viewpoints. Your ability to stay on the high road is your best quality.

Now back on topic.

Its straying a little bit when you start to compare the MVFC with the GWC. I dont think anybody is putting the GWC down, just trying to be realistic. Was there even a ranked GWC team at the end of last season? I know Cal Poly crashed and burned and UCD had a rough stretch OOC.

You have to get pretty far out in the subjective territory to come up with a convincing argument about the GWC superiority over the MVFC. The comparative statistics tell you all you need to know. You also have to remember the GWC stats are "padded" with lower division games so its not even as good as it looks, which is not that good.

I will say this though, the GWC teams, at leas some of them, have shown some offense and have been able to win some upsets because of that.

slostang
August 14th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Thank you SloStang, you are one of the best on the boards. You can always be counted on for your grace, humor, understanding and tolerance of all viewpoints. Your ability to stay on the high road is your best quality.

Thank you JBB. You too are one of the best. You can always be counted on for your grace, humor and understanding and tolerance of all view points, especially anything concerning UND. You are always fair and objective on that topic. Your ability to stay on the high road is your best quality.

carney2
August 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I know this has been hashed and rehashed on this board, but one more time: why does this conference exist? Only 5 members, so no autobid, and the travel costs must be horrendous. I know there aren't all that many choices out on the plains and beyond, but this does not appear to be a sustainable situation. Couldn't/shouldn't North Dakota and South Dakota be banging on doors at the MVC or even the OVC? And, what about the Big Sky for the other three? A larger Big Sky umbrella could allow them to split into divisions, or even to spin off a new conference. I admit to not being up to speed on details and I certainly haven't thought this through, but some things are just absurd in their very existence. This conference looks like one of those things.

slostang
August 14th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I know this has been hashed and rehashed on this board, but one more time: why does this conference exist? Only 5 members, so no autobid, and the travel costs must be horrendous. I know there aren't all that many choices out on the plains and beyond, but this does not appear to be a sustainable situation. Couldn't/shouldn't North Dakota and South Dakota be banging on doors at the MVC or even the OVC? And, what about the Big Sky for the other three? A larger Big Sky umbrella could allow them to split into divisions, or even to spin off a new conference. I admit to not being up to speed on details and I certainly haven't thought this through, but some things are just absurd in their very existence. This conference looks like one of those things.

I doubt you will see a Great West sponsoring football more than a couple more years. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

crusader11
August 14th, 2010, 03:25 PM

Toss the Pioneer as a possible conference too. That ranges from Poughkeepsie, to Jacksonville, to San Diego, and pretty much everywhere in between.

JBB
August 14th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Now comonnnn* SloStang!!! Enough compliments already. Thank you. You are a considerate follow. But enough already. (My Jack Benny reference xcoolx)

I think Crusaider11 is touching on a good point. During the realignment many of us think is now underway, we may see FCS conferences do some changes for travel reasons. Its an easy way to improve the budget. I guess a lot of it will depend on how strong some of the traditions are?

I know the Big Sky has refused to accept affiliate members but their position has weakened. UCD and Cal Poly are obvious candidates if the BSC comes calling. I would think if they are in a pinch SUU would be in line as well. Theres nothing profound about that but it would be a geographic fit. USD would be a good football affiliate and UND could be considered for full membership with SUU.

Either way, as far as the GWC goes, I dont find much to argue with the coaches about. Their predictions have some basis in their knowledge of the other schools available talent so to me its as good a guide as any.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pVCiTA86umk/S3K3_5oSpWI/AAAAAAAADaE/O5jo7VZPyVY/s400/JackBennyFredAllenFeud2.jpg

AggieFinn
August 14th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Settle it on the field boys. Talk is cheap. Also, want to state this, UC Davis has the money to charter one flight during the year...that flight is to Grand Forks, ND...so unless the airport is completely snowed over, the Aggies shouldn't be suffering the same travel fiasco as Poly in 2009.

Other away games for the Ags:

@ Cal
@ SJSU
@ San Diego
@ Weber State
@ Cal Poly

Poly may prove to be the toughest road trip as it's a solid 4 hour bus ride down there (at least).

darell1976
August 14th, 2010, 05:49 PM

Trust me if any conference was taking teams all of us would be there in a heartbeat. We (UND) are very close to joining the Summit League in all other sports to allow us an AQ when we become playoff eligible..except football because of the league we are in. If the MVFC was calling UND would be there. Thats why this talk about a Summit League or a some sort of a merge/restructuring of the MVFC, Summit, and Big Sky talk seemed like a dream come true for us GWFC teams. We all want out its just who is willing to take us orphans. I doubt the GWFC would expand to get to that AQ mark so I too see this league dissolve one we are accepted into another conference.

darell1976
August 14th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Settle it on the field boys. Talk is cheap. Also, want to state this, UC Davis has the money to charter one flight during the year...that flight is to Grand Forks, ND...so unless the airport is completely snowed over, the Aggies shouldn't be suffering the same travel fiasco as Poly in 2009.

Other away games for the Ags:

@ Cal
@ SJSU
@ San Diego
@ Weber State
@ Cal Poly

Poly may prove to be the toughest road trip as it's a solid 4 hour bus ride down there (at least).

Don't blame your loss on jet lag. xsmiley_wix

SDFS
August 14th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Sorry about that you are correct SE Missouri St. is in OVC - my mistake.. did not realize they made the jump in the 90s

Actually, I said "GWFC Champion is more qualified than some playoff teams" - NOTE: fixed the typo. In this case I was talking about some of the conference AQs and new conference AQs coming. I know that Davis did not have 7 wins but a team like E. Ill makes it in and gets crushed 48-7. In my opinion, SUU or Davis could have done that if not better.. thats all - I am not saying that Davis or SUU should have been in the playoffs.

RabidRabbit
August 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Thank you JBB. You too are one of the best. You can always be counted on for your grace, humor and understanding and tolerance of all view points, especially anything concerning UND. You are always fair and objective on that topic. Your ability to stay on the high road is your best quality.xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxcoolxxcoolxxlolx

Good to see ya SLO! Must be getting close to Football! Miss playing the Stangs!

coover
August 14th, 2010, 06:34 PM
xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxcoolxxcoolxxlolx

Good to see ya SLO! Must be getting close to Football! Miss playing the Stangs! The Mustangs WILL BE BACK this year! Last years problems were mostly defensive with players hurt and lack of depth. That is why the team collapsed. If you saw the Montana game last year, you would have seen the Mustangs leading at the half and then tiring. With 19 starters back this year and with better depth, the story will be different this year.

Take a look at a story out of today's San Luis Obispo Tribune ...

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2010/08/13/1250639/cal-poly-mustangs-have-depth-on.html

slostang
August 14th, 2010, 10:10 PM
xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxcoolxxcoolxxlolx

Good to see ya SLO! Must be getting close to Football! Miss playing the Stangs!

Here is to hoping we see you back on the schedule in the near future. Always a good hard fought game and some of the best fans in the FCS.

lucchesicourt
August 15th, 2010, 01:21 AM
I do question some who say that the GWFC stats are padded, because of a single game against a lower division member. Why? Because UCD did play 2 BCS teams and one a highly ranked team (Boise) and UCD did fairly well in that game, but UCD took a beating at the hands of Fresno State. That made up 2 of the 5 losses. The Sac State game the official made a costly mistake, as the replay showed the catch was in bounds but ruled out of bounds (Carter caught the pass a good foot in bounds). That would be the 3rd loss (Not complaining just stating facts). That leaves 2 games that UCD lost to FCS opponents last year IF officials did not make mistakes. I know it's part of the game, and I accept that. I am just trying to say, sometimes teams lose games, because of errors by officials. It happens to every team sometime.
So, overall I feel UCD is improving, and will be better this year. And yes, UCD always has quarterbacks. QB is one position we have little trouble filling.

NDB
August 15th, 2010, 11:47 AM
As an NDSU fan, I have no good-will for the UND athletic department.

The institution could have not acted in an any less pompous way during NDSU's transition. Their behavior both publicly and privately was spiteful and had the intent to do harm to NDSU. Thankfully, most of the dinks involved with that are gone, unfortunately so was the one person in Grand Forks I liked: Dale Lennon.

I had high hopes that things would change under Faison, but his whole we play every year or we don't play at all position is stupid. The position and how it has played in the media piss me off.

Why on earth would I have any interest in seeing an organization that purposely tried to harm the success of my alma mater do well?

(The flip side of this contempt is my appreciation for the partners NDSU did have when it moved. First and foremost is SDSU, while NDSU has had success in its move, without SDSU, things would have been much differently. The Jacks are followed by Davis, Poly, SUU, and others.)

slostang
August 15th, 2010, 01:57 PM

The institution could have not acted in an any less pompous way during NDSU's transition. Their behavior both publicly and privately was spiteful and had the intent to do harm to NDSU. Thankfully, most of the dinks involved with that are gone, unfortunately so was the one person in Grand Forks I liked: Dale Lennon.

I had high hopes that things would change under Faison, but his whole we play every year or we don't play at all position is stupid. The position and how it has played in the media piss me off.

Why on earth would I have any interest in seeing an organization that purposely tried to harm the success of my alma mater do well?

(The flip side of this contempt is my appreciation for the partners NDSU did have when it moved. First and foremost is SDSU, while NDSU has had success in its move, without SDSU, things would have been much differently. The Jacks are followed by Davis, Poly, SUU, and others.)

Fair enough NDB, but as you said that is in the past and most involved have moved on. Be the bigger one and move on too. I think very highly on NDSU and SDSU. Great programs with passionate fans. I miss having them as conference mates and wish them nothing but sucess in the MVC. It would make very happy to see them go 1 and 2 every year in the MVC and the battle for the Marker be the battle for the MVC championship.

I get a little pissy (just ask my buddy JBB) when every thread about the Great West turns into a pissing match between a few NDSU fans and few UND fans. Love the passion, hate the pettiness. I guess I should take a little of my own advice and move on too. Best of luck to all my Dakota brothers in 2010.

darell1976
August 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM

Us Sioux fans were mad that the schools decided to end the rivalry..most of it was jealousy on our part since NDSU and SDSU was going to play with the big boys and were stuck in D2 ville with Roger Thomas and Charles Kupchella making it difficult for us to move up in 2003. Aside from that this is 2010 we are close to re-newing the rivalry and yes jackass Faison did go with the every year or nothing BS and NDSU had a right to turn it down. We have 7 games to fill every year NDSU has 3, so I can understand where NDSU is coming from. Some fans said how about every other year..hey its better than nothing. I am for that 2012 (2011 for NDSU is filled) UND @ NDSU and 2014 NDSU @ UND. It gives the teams 2 years of hype, smack, you name it until they play each other. Every year won't come to play until both teams are in the same conference and who knows if or when that will happen. Its fine if you hate UND what Bison fan doesn't. We hate NDSU nothing new there. So best of luck NDSU and hopefully we met in the NEAR future.

darell1976
August 15th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Fair enough NDB, but as you said that is in the past and most involved have moved on. Be the bigger one and move on too. I think very highly on NDSU and SDSU. Great programs with passionate fans. I miss having them as conference mates and wish them nothing but sucess in the MVC. It would make very happy to see them go 1 and 2 every year in the MVC and the battle for the Marker be the battle for the MVC championship.

I get a little pissy (just ask my buddy JBB) when every thread about the Great West turns into a pissing match between a few NDSU fans and few UND fans. Love the passion, hate the pettiness. I guess I should take a little of my own advice and move on too. Best of luck to all my Dakota brothers in 2010.

You pissy..nah.xlolx No harm no foul slostang it does get tiring with the UND/NDSU smack talk on every thread of every board. But most of it is we are better than you and since we haven't played in 7 years stats and what could've been is all we have to throw at each other. And you fans of the other teams in the GWFC and the MVFC and the FCS world are sometimes caught in the middle of the North Dakota War. I give you, UC Davis, SUU, and our buddies in Vermillion luck in 2010 as well.xthumbsupx

SiouxpremelyUND
August 15th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Us Sioux fans were mad that the schools decided to end the rivalry..most of it was jealousy on our part since NDSU and SDSU was going to play with the big boys and were stuck in D2 ville with Roger Thomas and Charles Kupchella making it difficult for us to move up in 2003. Aside from that this is 2010 we are close to re-newing the rivalry and yes jackass Faison did go with the every year or nothing BS and NDSU had a right to turn it down. We have 7 games to fill every year NDSU has 3, so I can understand where NDSU is coming from. Some fans said how about every other year..hey its better than nothing. I am for that 2012 (2011 for NDSU is filled) UND @ NDSU and 2014 NDSU @ UND. It gives the teams 2 years of hype, smack, you name it until they play each other. Every year won't come to play until both teams are in the same conference and who knows if or when that will happen. Its fine if you hate UND what Bison fan doesn't. We hate NDSU nothing new there. So best of luck NDSU and hopefully we met in the NEAR future.

Darell:

I know that you live in Fargo, so often times all the facts don't come your way

First off, UND was facing a very different situation than NDSU when NDSU moved to DI.

- The massive flood of 1997 had caused over $1 Billion in damages to Grand Forks and $100 million to UND. For UND to have moved to DI when NDSU was demanding was not possible. UND had debts to pay, and the business community in Grand Forks, which encountered massive losses - both to property and because of loss of business - was not willing to support a move at that time due to a huge debt load. The community also had to pay for a massive flood protection system that cost almost$0.5 billion in local, state and federal money. A move at that time would have been financially irresponsible and disruptive to a community that was already undergoing tremendous change. Until New Orleans and Katrina, the flood and fire had caused the largest evacuation in U.S. History. To Bison fans like JBB and Lakes, they rejoiced over the turmoil that the flood and fire caused Grand Forks and UND. That's part of the mentality of what you are dealing with here.

It took 10 years for "The Flood" not to become a major topic of conversation in Grand Forks because of all the issues it caused. In 2007, ten years later, UND started a move to DI.

UND had very legitimate reasons not to pursue DI at that time. Anyone that says differently and does not include the facts above lacks a degree of humanity. Any person in UND leadership in 2002 would have had much more major issues to face than a DI transition. There are certain things more important than FCS, contrary to what certain fans think on this board.

NDSU leadership knew very well what UND and the Grand Forks community was facing. They used the situation to separate themselves from UND, which is what most NDSU fans wanted anyway. Congratulations to NDSU for a very masterful transition, as they really transitioned well, proving they didn't need help from UND.

darell1976
August 15th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Darell:

I know that you live in Fargo, so often times all the facts don't come your way

First off, UND was facing a very different situation than NDSU when NDSU moved to DI.

- The massive flood of 1997 had caused over $1 Billion in damages to Grand FOrks and $100 million to UND. For UND to have moved to DI when NDSU was demanding was not possible. UND had bills to pay, and the business community in Grand Forks, which encountered massive losses - both to property and because of loss of business - was not willing to support a move at that time - it and the community also had to pay for a massive flood protection system that cost almost$0.5 billion in local, state and federal money. A move at that time would have been financially irresponsible and disruptive to a community that was already undergoing tremendous change. Until New Orleans and Katrina, the flood and fire had caused the largest evacuation in U.S. History. To Bison fans like JBB and Lakes, they rejoiced over the turmoil that the flood and fire caused Grand Forks and UND. That's part of the mentality of what you are dealing with here.

UND had very legitimate reasons not to pursue DI at that time. Anyone that says differently and does not include the facts above lacks any degree of humanity.

I was born and raised in Grand Forks until I moved to Fargo in 1999 so I went through the flood of 97 which saw UND get brand new turf, and kick @ss hockey arena (thank you Ralph) and a new indoor stadium in the Alerus. UND had money if they wanted to go to D1. But it was politics. They saw NDSU and SDSU go and prayed they fail their football teams were average at best and we were at the top of the D2 world. Roger and Chuck wanted UND to stay at the top and not make the move. It wasn't because of the flood it was because of those 2 idiots that UND didn't move up.

SiouxpremelyUND
August 15th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Darell:

Ask some questions of people in the know. Don't accept message board information as gospel: either what I write or anybody else.

I will agree that it was politics of money: not enough. Local business leaders had too much debt to deal with before they would commit to DI.

Grand Forks lost a lot of people as a result of that flood, directly and indirectly, even years after. Apparently you were one of them. Only ten years later were people willing to truly declare victory: once the community's debt load was much reduced.

UND may be 5 years behind NDSU in the transition, but we might have a home playoff game before them. ;)

NDB
August 15th, 2010, 08:03 PM
You're off your nut.

You're right the reason UND didn't move was because they couldn't afford it, but the impact of the flood was relatively insignificant.

UND couldn't afford the move because they have hockey. Men's hockey means women's hockey. The Ralph, gem that it is, is very expensive to maintain. UND hockey is bigger than the rest of the athletic department combined. The athletic department had already fully leveraged its support with its hockey program.

With NDSU's success, UND eventually realized it couldn't stay DII so they made the move out of necessity. UND has not increased its funding on par with what NDSU, or even SDSU did. UND hasn't seen success (read $$$) in football or men's basketball which should be revenue sports. It's not like the city paid off debt (?) and suddenly had money.

Right now, UND is looking to field an average FCS football team that may never see the top 25 and an absolutely abysmal basketball team (one of the ten worst in DI).

darell1976
August 15th, 2010, 08:25 PM
You're off your nut.

You're right the reason UND didn't move was because they couldn't afford it, but the impact of the flood was relatively insignificant.

UND couldn't afford the move because they have hockey. Men's hockey means women's hockey. The Ralph, gem that it is, is very expensive to maintain. UND hockey is bigger than the rest of the athletic department combined. The athletic department had already fully leveraged its support with its hockey program.

With NDSU's success, UND eventually realized it couldn't stay DII so they made the move out of necessity. UND has not increased its funding on par with what NDSU, or even SDSU did. UND hasn't seen success (read $$$) in football or men's basketball which should be revenue sports. It's not like the city paid off debt (?) and suddenly had money.

Right now, UND is looking to field an average FCS football team that may never see the top 25 and an absolutely abysmal basketball team (one of the ten worst in DI).

I hate to admit it but I agree NDB. UND or should I say Grand Forks is losing money with the Alerus. Football is not selling out recently concerts are bad plain and simple. They practically gave tickets away for Britney Spears. UND should have stayed at the already paid for Memorial Stadium and just renovated it instead of charging a high sales tax and charge UND money to play in a half empty dome. True they won a national title there but that was 9 years ago and attendance hasn't been that great of late. The flood of 1997 was 13 years ago. Can't use that excuse any more.

SiouxpremelyUND
August 15th, 2010, 08:43 PM
You're off your nut.
It's very apparent you can't even talk reason with you. Are you so possessed with hatred?

If UND had moved to DI with NDSU, it would have been irresponsible considering what the community was still going through. No body wanted more bills in 2002.

Once the debts were paid off, UND moved to DI. That's fiscally responsible.

1 billion dollars in damages

$100 million in damage to UND

$500 million in a new dike system, with $200 million in new taxes.

45,000 people evacuated (+ all of East Grand Forks)

5000 people moved out permanently - housing destroyed.

Businesses were shuttered for two months, because the water covered much of the city for weeks.

The city was under martial law for three months.

Entire neighborhods abandoned forever.

The downtown was practically destroyed.

Hundreds of millions of debt were incurred by the local businesses that were main UND financial supporters.

There were all kinds of Bison fans saying that UND could never afford DI, but yet practically demanded that we move up? Wasn't that hypocrisy?

A know-it-all Bison fans clains it didn't impact the timing of UND's DI move. Do you actually live on this planet?

UND moved up when debts were paid off.

That was the fiscally responsible thing to do.

UND hockey and the Ralph allowed those debts to be paid. Until UND had several years running the Ralph and with football in the Al, it didn't know what new financial baseline it was dealing with.

Yes, NDSU's success contributed to UND moving up. But the debt situation and community uncertainty is what UND's leadership had to deal with at the time of that NDSU moved up.

SiouxpremelyUND
August 15th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I hate to admit it but I agree NDB. UND or should I say Grand Forks is losing money with the Alerus. Football is not selling out recently concerts are bad plain and simple. They practically gave tickets away for Britney Spears. UND should have stayed at the already paid for Memorial Stadium and just renovated it instead of charging a high sales tax and charge UND money to play in a half empty dome. True they won a national title there but that was 9 years ago and attendance hasn't been that great of late.
You do understand that you are contradicting yourself, saying finances are an issue.

It really doesn't take all that much to understand that a communities loss of $1 billion, incurring $500 million in new loans, and several hundred million in new taxes is going to impact a decision that requires a huge amount of the fundraising. Money doesn't grow on trees.

The flood of 1997 was 13 years ago. Can't use that excuse any more.
You are misquoting what I said. The flood of 1997 impacted the decision in 2002.

By 2007, the impact was much less, so leadership felt free (and compelled in part by NDSU's success) to move to DI.

NDB
August 15th, 2010, 09:36 PM
It's very apparent you can't even talk reason with you. Are you so possessed with hatred?

If UND had moved to DI with NDSU, it would have been irresponsible considering what the community was still going through. No body wanted more bills in 2002.

Once the debts were paid off, UND moved to DI. That's fiscally responsible.

1 billion dollars in damages

$100 million in damage to UND

$500 million in a new dike system, with $200 million in new taxes.

45,000 people evacuated (+ all of East Grand Forks)

5000 people moved out permanently - housing destroyed.

Businesses were shuttered for two months, because the water covered much of the city for weeks.

The city was under martial law for three months.

Entire neighborhods abandoned forever.

The downtown was practically destroyed.

Hundreds of millions of debt were incurred by the local businesses that were main UND financial supporters.

There were all kinds of Bison fans saying that UND could never afford DI, but yet practically demanded that we move up? Wasn't that hypocrisy?

A know-it-all Bison fans clains it didn't impact the timing of UND's DI move. Do you actually live on this planet?

UND moved up when debts were paid off.

That was the fiscally responsible thing to do.

UND hockey and the Ralph allowed those debts to be paid. Until UND had several years running the Ralph and with football in the Al, it didn't know what new financial baseline it was dealing with.

Yes, NDSU's success contributed to UND moving up. But the debt situation and community uncertainty is what UND's leadership had to deal with at the time of that NDSU moved up.

i honestly don't know where to start.

yeah, the flood impacted a lot of things, but your assertion that it significantly impacted UND athletics is a joke. the level of funding of athletics did not change significantly, nor did that for the university.

the level of economic activity in grand forks increased after the flood after hundreds of millions of dollars of tax money made their way north. that money bounced a few times and made it into the pockets of many residents and business people.

maybe you should blame on the BRAC for realigning missions among bomber and ICM squadrons? how about wheat prices below parity stopping farmers from buying new chevys from Riddell? how about extra terrestrials inserting a mind control device up the rectum of then president kupchella and stopping him from making the move? there's got a be a reason other than the fact-based, generally-accepted explanation.

darell1976
August 15th, 2010, 09:36 PM
You do understand that you are contradicting yourself, saying finances are an issue.

It really doesn't take all that much to understand that a communities loss of $1 billion, incurring $500 million in new loans, and several hundred million in new taxes is going to impact a decision that requires a huge amount of the fundraising. Money doesn't grow on trees.

You are misquoting what I said. The flood of 1997 impacted the decision in 2002.

By 2007, the impact was much less, so leadership felt free (and compelled in part by NDSU's success) to move to DI.

So why in 2001 did the City of Grand Forks felt like UND needed to move indoors, pay a high rent for football instead of staying where they were with a brand new turf installed after the flood. They could have saved that money and put it towards moving to D1. They could have asked Ralph if he could foot some of the money and I am sure he would have especially with the new Betty Engelstad Sioux Center. He could have seen UND play D1 basketball in 2004 but it wasn't money it was politics. Look how much money was lost when UND did not move up cutting ties with both SDSU and NDSU. You think by playing Duluth, Mankato and St. Cloud UND was raking in the money? No they lost money on attendance, and now we are playing catchup to the SU's.

NDB
August 15th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Money doesn't grow on trees.

No, it comes from Joe Taxpayer. And nearly all of that money came from outside Grand Forks County.

SiouxpremelyUND
August 15th, 2010, 09:51 PM
i honestly don't know where to start.

yeah, the flood impacted a lot of things, but your assertion that it significantly impacted UND athletics is a joke. the level of funding of athletics did not change significantly, nor did that for the university.

the level of economic activity in grand forks increased after the flood after hundreds of millions of dollars of tax money made their way north. that money bounced a few times and made it into the pockets of many residents and business people.

maybe you should blame on the BRAC for realigning missions among bomber and ICM squadrons? how about wheat prices below parity stopping farmers from buying new chevys from Riddell? how about extra terrestrials inserting a mind control device up the rectum of then president kupchella and stopping him from making the move? there's got a be a reason other than the fact-based, generally-accepted explanation.

You can start by pretending you are not some financial expert, in which clearly you have no knowledge.

There were many Sioux business supporters that gave four, five and six figures a year. Many of these business paid their employees or at least helped them, while there businesses were shuttered for two to four months. To overcome the flood and all it's material and business damage and higher taxes to pay for flood protection, they had to take on huge loans, which impacted how much they could donate to charities: including UND athletics.

There were huge needs for charity within the community. Which takes precedence: giving to people to get back on their feet, paying down debt so your business survives, or giving even more so UND could go to DI.

It appears you're incapable of understanding this because of your wise-*** questions.

I am really disgusted by your statements and you certainly don't reflect well on NDSU.

SiouxpremelyUND
August 15th, 2010, 09:55 PM
=

SiouxpremelyUND
August 15th, 2010, 09:56 PM
No, it comes from Joe Taxpayer. And nearly all of that money came from outside Grand Forks County.

You appear to be one bitter individual and NDSU fan. Thanks for spreading so much love in the FCS world.

SiouxpremelyUND
August 15th, 2010, 09:57 PM
So why in 2001 did the City of Grand Forks felt like UND needed to move indoors, pay a high rent for football instead of staying where they were with a brand new turf installed after the flood. They could have saved that money and put it towards moving to D1. They could have asked Ralph if he could foot some of the money and I am sure he would have especially with the new Betty Engelstad Sioux Center. He could have seen UND play D1 basketball in 2004 but it wasn't money it was politics. Look how much money was lost when UND did not move up cutting ties with both SDSU and NDSU. You think by playing Duluth, Mankato and St. Cloud UND was raking in the money? No they lost money on attendance, and now we are playing catchup to the SU's.

I hope you understand that Ralph died in 2002. You apparently don't know that.

Ralph gave the REA in part because he knew Grand Forks and UND needed a major boost of confidence after the flood. Ralph made his first million in Grand Forks in housing before he moved on to Las Vegas to establish a construction firm there.

Betty Engelstad gave $10,000,000 to UND after Ralph's death, which included endowing some scholarships. Your knowledge of the situation appears very limited.

darell1976
August 15th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I hope you understand that Ralph died in 2002. You apparently don't know that.

Ralph gave the REA in part because he knew Grand Forks and UND needed a major boost of confidence after the flood. Ralph made his first million in Grand Forks in housing before he moved on to Las Vegas to establish a construction firm there.

Betty Engelstad gave $10,000,000 to UND after Ralph's death, which included endowing some scholarships. Your knowledge of the situation appears very limited.

UND won 3 national titles in basketball in 1997, 98 and 99, and a national title in 2000 in hockey, a boost? Their bball program has been sh-t since the 90's and hockey is still strong but national title-less since moving out of the old Ralph. Maybe UND could have talked to Ralph and Betty about upgrading the athletic programs along with the buildings. I still believe its all because of who was in charge of UND Chuck and Roger.

SiouxpremelyUND
August 15th, 2010, 10:10 PM
UND won 3 national titles in basketball in 1997, 98 and 99, and a national title in 2000 in hockey, a boost? Their bball program has been sh-t since the 90's and hockey is still strong but national title-less since moving out of the old Ralph. Maybe UND could have talked to Ralph and Betty about upgrading the athletic programs along with the buildings. I still believe its all because of who was in charge of UND Chuck and Roger.

I can't believe your gall: ask some couple for more money after they've already given $120 million.

Ralph wanted to restore confidence to Grand Forks and UND - give both a boost - after the devastating flood. That was part of his rationale for giving that arena. Look it up.

darell1976
August 15th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I can't believe your gall: ask some couple for more money after they've already given $120 million.

Ralph wanted to restore confidence to Grand Forks and UND - give both a boost - after the devastating flood. That was part of his rationale for giving that arena. Look it up.

I am done debating with you. You say its money I say its politics. Whatever.xdeadhorsex

SiouxpremelyUND
August 15th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I am done debating with you. You say its money I say its politics. Whatever.xdeadhorsex
Money is politics.

You've been hanging around too many NDSU fans like on this board, so truth becomes obscured.

TheBisonator
August 15th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I have to agree with Darell here on this one. Just in my personal view, from what I experienced, the attitude from (mostly) Kupchella and Roger Thomas during NDSU's beginning of transition was that of, "well, we're better than you anyway, and you're just running away from us." I think a lot of UND fans understood completely back in 2003 or so that NDSU was making the right decision, and the powers that be at UND (again, RT and Kupchella) were too caught up in keeping their egos inflated to do what SDSU did and make the same move shortly after NDSU's 2002 announcement and parther up through the transition. Or even better yet (at the time, at least), move up the NCC to DI as a whole. It was all about ego from Kuppy and RT. I was in GF back in 2002. Downtown was bleak looking, but the rest of the city seemed to be doing just fine business wise. The mall in GF was in better shape back then than it was a few years ago (though in the past couple years it has gotten better). This was really about people in charge at UND scoffing at NDSU for what they were doing.

SiouxpremelyUND
August 15th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I have to agree with Darell here on this one. Just in my personal view, from what I experienced, the attitude from (mostly) Kupchella and Roger Thomas during NDSU's beginning of transition was that of, "well, we're better than you anyway, and you're just running away from us." I think a lot of UND fans understood completely back in 2003 or so that NDSU was making the right decision, and the powers that be at UND (again, RT and Kupchella) were too caught up in keeping their egos inflated to do what SDSU did and make the same move shortly after NDSU's 2002 announcement and parther up through the transition. Or even better yet (at the time, at least), move up the NCC to DI as a whole. It was all about ego from Kuppy and RT. I was in GF back in 2002. Downtown was bleak looking, but the rest of the city seemed to be doing just fine business wise. The mall in GF was in better shape back then than it was a few years ago (though in the past couple years it has gotten better). This was really about people in charge at UND scoffing at NDSU for what they were doing.

It is still not getting through to you NDSU people. Donors to UND athletics had major debts and were having significant financial issues because of the flood. By 2002, the city was looking practically normal, but the debt situation was anything but.

What does it take for that thought to actually sink into your head? If you think driving around town will give an idea of a business' outstanding loan issues, thats very ignorant. Hope you didn't gradaute in business.

Because UND leadership had it's own concerns, and didn't do what NDSU wanted, suddently UND leadership is at fault for doing what was best for it's own community.

GoAgs72
August 15th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Wow, I'm lost. I thought this was about the Great West Coaches Poll. Obviously, you guys have some issues but it should be in some other thread or maybe on your own board. The rest of us want to talk football.

darell1976
August 16th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Wow, I'm lost. I thought this was about the Great West Coaches Poll. Obviously, you guys have some issues but it should be in some other thread or maybe on your own board. The rest of us want to talk football.

I agree GoAgs72! T minus 17 days until our season kicks off....I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

NDB
August 16th, 2010, 09:54 AM
You made the claim. Back it up with facts.

What was Fighting Sioux Club giving in 1996-2007? What was capital giving to UND during the same period? How about the University budget?

Your flood argument is horsesh#t.

I could give a hoot what you think. Give me some evidence.

JBB
August 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM
The flood was not much of a factor. In fact this is the first I have heard of that historical rewrite. The sports model - D2 and playing hockey out of class - caused the problem. It was seen as best formula for trumping NDSU. They were a bit rebuffed when NDSU moved. They were confident their sports model would prevail and they thought they could derail NDSUs move.

If UND had not been so concerned about dealing NDSU a fatal blow The GWC would be

UCD
Cal Poly
SDSU
NDSU
SUU
UND
USD

and probably would be an auto bid conference by now.

but there was a modest proposal:

UND publicly stated that NDSU would fail in D1 and they would stop playing NDSU in all sports.

They went on to say there werent enough D1 type athletes in North Dakota so NDSU was limiting athletic opportunities for North Dakota kids.

They didnt stop there. Their President insinuated D1 was immoral, corrupted by money, and UND didnt want any part of that (didnt matter they were playing D1 hockey).

They added that NDSU would never win in D1 and FCS football was no better than D2 except for your score scrolling across the TV screen (they made a big deal of that).

They were certain there would be a huge drop-off in attendance and NDSU would be begging them for games.

In addition they committed themselves to D2 and the NCC. At the same time they were busy in the State Legislature trying to pass a law that would prevent any North Dakota college from spending taxpayer money on athletics hoping to derail NDSUs D1 finances. They had to drop that because of their hockey.

So now you have a GWC that will look like this at the end of the season:

SUU
UCD
USD
Cal Poly
UND

slostang
August 16th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Time to move on. This is thread about the Great West Coach's Poll, not UND/NDSU pissing match. If you want to discuss the move and lack of UND moving up with NDSU and all the wrongs UND did during NDSU's transition start a new thread.

darell1976
August 16th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Time to move on. This is thread about the Great West Coach's Poll, not UND/NDSU pissing match. If you want to discuss the move and lack of UND moving up with NDSU and all the wrongs UND did during NDSU's transition start a new thread.

I agree. I stopped arguing about this. Doesn't matter now UND made the move.

Highlights from UND's scrimmage last Saturday.

http://waynenelson.areavoices.com/2010/08/

The Sioux came out of the controlled scrimmage without any apparent injuries. That was the No. 1 goal of the day.

Great news out of the scrimmage.

RabidRabbit
August 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Even though this is in the FCS discussion section, let's keep this focused on the 2010 GWFC race. NOT NDSU/UND or SDSU/USD.

To ALL NDSU/SDSU - Read the top sticky in the Great West Board. That applies to ALL Great West discussions. Yes JBB this is point at you. Behave.

JBB
August 16th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Maybe you missed the point of my post:

SUU
UCD
USD
Cal Poly
UND

Its great to talk with Slostang and Darrell and SupremlyUND. These guys are all level headed, straight shooters that know football and dont have any agenda. I tried to pull a few points together that had surfaced in the thread. Probably just a conversational habit.

Hey SloStang, you going to the UND game? If so I will drive. SupremlyUND is going to set up the tailgate and we can pick up Darrell on the way. Should be a great trip.

aggiemba
August 16th, 2010, 03:16 PM
All you directional Dakota people are a bunch of wankers.

UCD will crush you all.

darell1976
August 16th, 2010, 03:23 PM

UCD will crush you all.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

slostang
August 16th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Maybe you missed the point of my post:

SUU
UCD
USD
Cal Poly
UND

Its great to talk with Slostang and Darrell and SupremlyUND. These guys are all level headed, straight shooters that know football and dont have any agenda. I tried to pull a few points together that had surfaced in the thread. Probably just a conversational habit.

Hey SloStang, you going to the UND game? If so I will drive. SupremlyUND is going to set up the tailgate and we can pick up Darrell on the way. Should be a great trip.

I think that the Great West will be a shoot out this year. I think any team could win it. I do feel that Cal Poly will play more like their 2008 team then their 2009 team and if so they should have a great chance to win it.

Hell yes I am going to the UND game. You come and I will buy you a ticket to the Stampede Club B-B-Q. Great food and all the beer you can drink for 3 hours before kickoff. Should be a good time.

darell1976
August 16th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I think that the Great West will be a shoot out this year. I think any team could win it. I do feel that Cal Poly will play more like their 2008 team then their 2009 team and if so they should have a great chance to win it.

Hell yes I am going to the UND game. You come and I will buy you a ticket to the Stampede Club B-B-Q. Great food and all the beer you can drink for 3 hours before kickoff. Should be a good time.

Except South Dakota.xsmiley_wix

89rabbit
August 16th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Even though this is in the FCS discussion section, let's keep this focused on the 2010 GWFC race. NOT NDSU/UND or SDSU/USD.

To ALL NDSU/SDSU - Read the top sticky in the Great West Board. That applies to ALL Great West discussions. Yes JBB this is point at you. Behave.

Come on Ref. there have been no SDSU/USD issues on this thread. Don't lump us in with those other Dakotans. xnottalkingx xlolx

89rabbit
August 16th, 2010, 05:47 PM

UCD will crush you all.

See you in the playoffs, if you make it. xnodx xrotatehx

darell1976
August 16th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Come on Ref. there have been no SDSU/USD issues on this thread. Don't lump us in with those other Dakotans. xnottalkingx xlolx

The USD fans are still hibernating. They will be awaken next month.

darell1976
August 16th, 2010, 05:48 PM
See you in the playoffs, if you make it. xnodx xrotatehx

That won't happen, they (UCD) have to get through us at home first. Good luck to you SDSU I hope you make it further into the playoffs.

89rabbit
August 16th, 2010, 05:49 PM

True dat! xnodx

TheBisonator
August 16th, 2010, 06:01 PM

God help us all.

dakotadan
August 16th, 2010, 10:32 PM

My guess is that the 3 of them are on a fishing trip where they don't have internet access.

ExpandSpanos
August 16th, 2010, 10:50 PM
I'm thinking about the pre game BBQ SloStang.. you're making it sound pretty good!

19 days..

slostang
August 16th, 2010, 11:17 PM
I'm thinking about the pre game BBQ SloStang.. you're making it sound pretty good!

19 days..

It is like Krukow's, but with tri-tip instead of hotdogs. That and there is a couple of thousand people having a cold one vs a couple of hundred at Krukow's.

pcola
August 17th, 2010, 06:56 AM

I haven't checked in a couple of weeks. I come back and see the same stupid arguments. It doesn't matter what the mods say or do, it continues.

I've seen enough. You can delete me, cancel me or whatever it is you do.

aggiemba
August 17th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Geez pcola,

Who pissed in your wheaties this morning?

I think it rather entertaining to see all the directional dakota wankers arguing back and forth about stuff that happened years ago and has no relevance to the rest of us.

JBB
August 17th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Im not sure every thread is supposed to be relevant to everyone.

F'N Hawks
August 17th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Geez pcola,

Who pissed in your wheaties this morning?

I think it rather entertaining to see all the directional dakota wankers arguing back and forth about stuff that happened years ago and has no relevance to the rest of us.

Exactly. Everyone needs to stop. It was 7 years ago, we have all moved on.