PDA

View Full Version : Honestly

SFA 93
August 11th, 2010, 07:56 AM
What do you see your team doing this season?

Post your team's 2010 schedule and your prediction for each game.

L @ Texas A&M
W Albany
L @ Northern Iowa
W Lamar
L @ McNeese State
W Central Arkansas
W Sam Houston State
W Texas State
W @ Nicholls State
W Southeastern Louisiana
W Northwestern State

Share Southland Conference Title with McNeese State

W First Round FCS Playoffs
L Second Round FCS Playoffs

SFA (9-4) for 2010.

crusader11
August 11th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I'll take a gander at this. By the way, over on my blog, I have previewed the first two games of the season (Howard & UMASS), and will continue to preview the rest of the schedule. Also on the site are "Checking In" with former Crusader football alums. Here is the url: chuchurahrah.blogspot.com

Now, here are the picks:

W Howard
L @ UMASS
W @ Harvard
W @ Georgetown
W Fordham
W Brown
W @ Dartmough
L @ Colgate
W Lehigh
W @ Lafayette
W Bucknell

9-2 overall and 5-1 in the Patriot League. Is 5-1 good enough to win the league? Who knows, but it's hard to see a team running the table in the PL with the amount of parity in the top 4 teams (L, L, Colgate, and HC)

PhoenixPhan06
August 11th, 2010, 09:10 AM
W @ Duke
W Shaw
W @ Richmond
W @ GSU
W Samford
L @ ASU
W Wofford
W @ Chatty
W @ Cit
W Furman
W WCU

10-1 overall (7-1) in SoCon play should get us to the second round of the playoffs then anything can happen. I feel good about our matchup with Duke to open the season and the away game at The Rock is the only game I can see us losing this year. Call it wishful thinking but I think we'll surprise a lot of folks this year.

darell1976
August 11th, 2010, 09:25 AM
W @ Idaho
L @ N. Illinois
W vs Northeastern St, OK (D2)
W vs Northwestern St
W @ South Dakota
W vs Southern Utah
L @ Cal Poly
W vs Lamar
W vs UC Davis
L @ Montana
L @ South Dakota St

7-4 overall and 3-1 in the GWFC. 2010 Conference Champions!!!!
I was going to put a W next to either Montana or SDSU but outdoor in November doesn't favor us unless its at home or a warmer climate.

NHwildEcat
August 11th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Ok..I'll take a shot at it for the hell of it...

W Central Conn. St.
L @ Pittsburgh
W @ URI
W Lehigh
L @ Maine
W Richmond
W @ JMU
W UMass (@ Gillette)
L W&M
L @ Villanova
W Towson

7-4 (5-3 CAA) I think this would leave us with a playoff berth in the first round...maybe a home game due to our strength of schedule, depending on the opponent. Really hard to determine the result of a playoff game in 3 months...but would have to guess based on past experiences we will win in the 1st round, shock someone in the 2nd round and make it back to the quarterfinals again!

Just a shot in the dark. I think the Maine game is definetely up in the air...just gave Maine the home advantage on that one. I think we can be W&M, but again I think that is a lot to ask when looking at the entire schedule. Unless something happens as far as injuries to 'Nova I expect them to win. Pitt will end our success against FBS teams...Hoping we can stay close though.

bjtheflamesfan
August 11th, 2010, 09:37 AM
vs St Francis (PA) W
@ Ball State W
@ Robert Morris W
@ JMU L
vs Savannah State W (I wouldnt be surprised to see a few records fall that night)
vs. Charleston Southern W
@ VMI W
@ Presbyterian W
vs. Gardner-Webb W
@ Coastal Carolina W
vs Stony Brook W

Win third outright Big South title in 4 years

FCS Playoffs First Round: W
FCS Playoffs Second Round: L

10-1 (6-0 Big South) and the first playoff win in Flames football history

DFW HOYA
August 11th, 2010, 09:39 AM
OK, I'll take some grief for this, but anything less with this soft schedule raises some red flags.

W @ Davidson
L @ Lafayette
L @ Yale
W Holy Cross
L @ Colgate
W Wagner
W Bucknell
W @ Sacred Heart
L @ Fordham
L Lehigh
W Marist

Prominentwon
August 11th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Lamar (Win)
@ Missouri (Loss)
Cal Poly -- A 4-7 team from last year at home (Win)
@ Northwestern State - Turrible (Win)
Stephen F. Austin - Since we're at home and the defense pretty much shut them down and a year better this year, (Win)
@ (17) LSU (Loss)
@ Southeastern Louisiana - I'm thinking a conference road loss this year. Here it is......(Loss)
Nicholls State - Win
@ Sam Houston State - Win, a close one. Another road conference game.
Texas State - Always plays us tough. Bradley george is gone (Win)
@ Central Arkansas - They lost alot as well (Win)

If we get decent QB play, our defense is going to give the team alot of chances to win these games. I'm really excited about this year.

bostonspider
August 11th, 2010, 09:50 AM
L at Virginia
W vs. Elon
W vs. Delaware
W vs. Coastal Carolina
L at New Hampshire
W at Massachusetts
W vs. Towson
L at Villanova
W vs. James Madison
W vs. Rhode Island
L at William & Mary

I think UR will use their new found home field advantage to good measure and battle through to a 7-4 record (5-3 CAA). Should be good enough for making the first round of the playoffs.

401ks
August 11th, 2010, 09:51 AM
OK, I'll take some grief for this, but anything less with this soft schedule raises some red flags.

W @ Davidson
L @ Lafayette
L @ Yale
W Holy Cross
L @ Colgate
W Wagner
W Bucknell
W @ Sacred Heart
L @ Fordham
L Lehigh
W Marist

I'm sorry. I really like Georgetown, but...

tw_fatcat
August 11th, 2010, 09:51 AM
L @Houston ( might make it look decent for about 2 quarters)
W Southern Arkansas (Umm, we better win this one)
W Cal Poly ( not the Cal Poly of yesteryear)
L Southern Utah (this should be a win, it just never is)
L @SELA (Tough team, I am sure most remember this game from last year)
W Nicholls (it's Nicholls)
W Northwestern (should improve someday, just not much yet)
W @SFA (Scary game, they are deadly through the air, hopefully we have found a way to stop it)
W Central Arkansas (Rebuilding in arky)
L @Mcneese (Our defense is like swiss cheese against a good running game)
W @Sam Houston (Sam Houston is........... well.......Sam Houston and we better win)

The Mcneese and SFA games are both tossups. I picked those two randomly and SELA will somehow become a loss for us (not sure why I think that, probably the 24 pt 4th quarter debacle from last year). With 7-4 overall and a 5-2 conference record I think we just miss the playoffs.

PaladinFan
August 11th, 2010, 10:09 AM
W @ Duke
W Shaw
W @ Richmond
W @ GSU
W Samford
L @ ASU
W Wofford
W @ Chatty
W @ Cit
W Furman
W WCU

10-1 overall (7-1) in SoCon play should get us to the second round of the playoffs then anything can happen. I feel good about our matchup with Duke to open the season and the away game at The Rock is the only game I can see us losing this year. Call it wishful thinking but I think we'll surprise a lot of folks this year.

I'm calling that wishful thinking. Elon loses their best player and most of their defense. Elon's good, but I think 2009 was their shot at making a run.

TexasTerror
August 11th, 2010, 10:13 AM
at Baylor - LOSS - just will be too tough to beat an FBS with new coach and plenty of newcomers
at Western Illinois - LOSS - they were a running team that beat us through the air last time. Would love to think it will be close
Gardner Webb - WIN - beat them last time, medicore SLC teams should beat mediocre Big South teams, particularly at home
at Lamar - WIN - a loss would be a HUGE setback
at Nicholls - WIN - two programs that have many question marks and I'm going to think the Colonels enter this one exhausted after three guarantee games
vs SLU - LOSS - my pick to win the SLC if SFA does not, at home - but still going to be tough
vs SFA (Reliant) - LOSS - playing on a big stage will make this one interesting, but Moses will want to put on the bigger performance
at NWST - WIN - the Demons are going to be tough to defeat on the road, but at this point in the season, the team may be questioning why they are still struggling and be ripe for the picking
vs McN - LOSS - always tough to beat the Pokes if you are a Bearkat
at UCA - LOSS - Beat'em last year, will be tough to duplicate on the road
vs TXST - WIN - Would love to end the year on a good note, I think TXST may not be playing for anything and SHSU will have plenty of desire to end with a win

Record: 5-6 (3-4 SLC)

PaladinFan
August 11th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Furman 8-3(6-2)

W Colgate
L @ USC
W The Citadel
W @ Wofford
W Howard
L @ Samford
W UTC
W @ ASU
W WCU
L @ Elon
W Ga. Southern

A few of these are "due for a win" predictions. Samford has played us tough as nails twice in a row. I still think Furman is more talented and has jackrabbited out to big leads twice, but Samford is talented and plays the ball control game.

For the same reason I think Furman finally wins again in Boone. It's been a while, and Lamb has yet to win up there, but I think Furman can match App athlete for athlete. We've played a lot of close games up there. Eventually the ball has to fall our way.

Furman has struggled to win at Elon even back when the Phoenix were just this side of terrible. They, inexplicably, held Ingle Martin's Furman team to 10 points in a season where no other team could manage to keep us under 30. They are still talented and SoCon road games are always tough.

All that aside, in my view, I think Furman is the biggest question mark in the 2010 SoCon. They have potentially the most talented offense in the conference--speed at every position, strong depth at each of the skill positions. Defensively they bring back a lot of very talented players with new coaches over them, so no one is really sure how that will work. All told, I'm not even sure Bobby Lamb knows what the potential of this team is. I can see Furman having another mediocre 6-5 year, or they could become the greatest show on turf.

tw_fatcat
August 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM
at Baylor - LOSS - just will be too tough to beat an FBS with new coach and plenty of newcomers
at Western Illinois - LOSS - they were a running team that beat us through the air last time. Would love to think it will be close
Gardner Webb - WIN - beat them last time, medicore SLC teams should beat mediocre Big South teams, particularly at home
at Lamar - WIN - a loss would be a HUGE setback
at Nicholls - WIN - two programs that have many question marks and I'm going to think the Colonels enter this one exhausted after three guarantee games
vs SLU - LOSS - my pick to win the SLC if SFA does not, at home - but still going to be tough
vs SFA (Reliant) - LOSS - playing on a big stage will make this one interesting, but Moses will want to put on the bigger performance
at NWST - WIN - the Demons are going to be tough to defeat on the road, but at this point in the season, the team may be questioning why they are still struggling and be ripe for the picking
vs McN - LOSS - always tough to beat the Pokes if you are a Bearkat
at UCA - LOSS - Beat'em last year, will be tough to duplicate on the road
vs TXST - WIN - Would love to end the year on a good note, I think TXST may not be playing for anything and SHSU will have plenty of desire to end with a win

Record: 5-6 (3-4 SLC)
Come on TT, you should be used to going out with a loss to Texas State these days.xlolx

jmufan999
August 11th, 2010, 10:33 AM
i'm going to be lazy and not do the whole schedule, but i've got us at 7-4 or 8-3. definite loss to Virginia Tech, probable loss to Villanova, and then pick 1 or 2 more CAA losses, most likely on the road. Maine, maybe?

of the CAA teams JMU plays at home this year, W&M is the most recent to have won in h'burg.... 2004, by 3 points. they went on to be a final 4 team.

crusader11
August 11th, 2010, 11:10 AM

W @ Davidson
L @ Lafayette
L @ Yale
W Holy Cross
L @ Colgate
W Wagner
W Bucknell
W @ Sacred Heart
L @ Fordham
L Lehigh
W Marist

Honestly...?

Silenoz
August 11th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Western State W
@ Cal Poly W
@ Eastern Washington W
Sacramento State (HC) W
@ Northern Colorado W
Idaho State W
@ Portland State W
Northern Arizona W
@ Weber State W
North Dakota W
Montana State L
First Round W
Quarters W
Semis W
Championship W

xhurrayx

UCMoc
August 11th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Sep 04 Appalachian State W (Honestly)
Sep 11 Jacksonville State L
Sep 18 Eastern Kentucky W
Sep 25 Western Carolina W
Oct 09 The Citadel W
Oct 16 Georgia Southern W
Oct 23 Furman W
Oct 30 Elon L
Nov 06 Auburn L
Nov 13 Samford W
Nov 20 Wofford W

Before anyone loses their mind, that is one more win than we had last year, and ask the folks at Boone if they thought we had a chance to win midway through the third.

LeadBolt
August 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM
W @ Duke
W Shaw
W @ Richmond
W @ GSU
W Samford
L @ ASU
W Wofford
W @ Chatty
W @ Cit
W Furman
W WCU

I'll take the under bet on this one and yes, as per your suggestion I will call it wishful thinking and do believe it will surprise a lot of people if it ends up this way.

Redwyn
August 11th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Stony Brook:

@ South Florida - L
vs. American International - W (HATE D2s)
@ Brown - W
vs. U Mass - Toss, but likely L
vs. VMI - W
@ Lafayette - W
@ Coastal Carolina - W
vs. Charleston Southern - W (though knowing Chuck South this will be close)
@ Presby - W (this one will not)
vs. Gardener Webb - W
@ Liberty - Toss, but I'm going with W

Biggest two games on the schedule are U Mass at home, and Liberty away. Win one of them, and if the rest of our record stands as predicted, we go to the playoffs. I'm not the first to believe that a 9-2 SBU has what it takes with the new At-Large count.

Win against U Mass, we're 9-2 at large.
Win against Liberty, we're 9-2 autobid.

appstate38
August 11th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Well I will take a stab at Apps schedule

@ UTC W (we better bring the "A" game)
vs. Jacksonville W
vs. NC Central W
@ Samford W (another tough one)
vs. Elon W (The Rock is the difference)
vs. The Citadel W
@ WCU W
vs. Furman W (once again The Rock bites the Knights)
@ Ga Southern L (Toss up... Flex bone is back)
vs. Wofford W
@ Florida L

I don't think we lose more than one conference game. It could be just about any of those conference opponents that jump up and bite us.

Playoffs: 2nd or 3rd round depending on where we play.

SpeedkingATL
August 11th, 2010, 01:37 PM
App State

@ Chatty
Jacksonville
NCCU
@Samford
Elon
Citadel
@WCU
Furman
@GaSou
Wofford
@Florida

(and hope for)
Liberty @ home
Delaware @ home
Montana @ home
William and Mary in Texas

I'm going to predict 9-2 with 1 loss in the SoCon and a loss at Florida. I think 10-1 is possible as is 9-2 or 8-3. ASU will possibly have the best balance on both offense and defense that they have ever had but the defense as a whole hasn't been as good as the parts in recent years and lots of inexperience at QB. I believe the UTC game is very dangerous as are the games against Wofford, Furman, Samford, Elon and GSU. I like our chances at home against Elon coming off a bye week and Furman for which Kidd Brewer has become a house of horrors of late. Wofford and GSU both run that **** option and as with any great rivalry game the Eagles will be tough at Paulson. Would love to see lightning strike again and pull the upset at UF but not crazy enough to predict that one. It should be a great year in the SoCon as I think Furman, UTC, Samford, Wofford, WCU and even GaSo will be improved. I predict the Citdogs to have issues running the new option offense more so than GaSo as GaSo has an experienced transfer QB to speed up the process. If ASU wins at UTC in the opener, they will be tough to handle in the SoCon if healthy. Lose that one and suddenly this team will need to battle to secure the playoffs as the other SoCon teams will feed on that game like a pack of wild dogs.

lionsrking2
August 11th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I don't make individual game predictions, but I feel we have the pieces to fall somewhere between 7-4 and 9-2.

knf
August 11th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Western State W
@ Cal Poly W
@ Eastern Washington W
Sacramento State (HC) W
@ Northern Colorado W
Idaho State W
@ Portland State W
Northern Arizona W
@ Weber State W
North Dakota W
Montana State L
First Round W
Quarters W
Semis W
Championship W

xhurrayx

Do you really think MSU is gonna be the one team to best us? Game is at WA-GRIZ this year. If anybody, I see Cal Poly giving us a run for our money. Or EWU, but even those two teams lost some big playmakers last year. I kind of wish we had UC-Davis on the schedule this year. Love playing those guys. But yeah, we will probably see some sort of down game this year like with the Bengals last year but no way I see MSU being the one to take us out.

WrenFGun
August 11th, 2010, 02:43 PM
UNH:

Central Connecticut State -- (W) 23-16 [I think CCSU will control the clock well enough to keep this game interesting]
@ FBS Pittsburgh -- (L) 24-42 [We'll score a bit, IMO, but I don't think we have enough to hang the whole way]
@ Rhode Island (W) 49-38 [They give me nightmares]
Lehigh -- (W) 24-10 [Another fairly tough OOC game, I think CCSU matches up better than Lehigh does with us]
@ Maine (L) 23-20 [Maine's due, and I like the way they run their team. I think they'll win this one in Orono]
Richmond (W) 21-13 [We're due against Richmond, and this is homecoming. I don't expect Richmond to be as good as they have been.]
@JMU (W) 35-31 [We're VERY due against James Madison. I think the Dukes should be favored in this one but I think UNH is going to get off the schneid here.]
Massachusetts (W) 45-42 [I expect this to be one of the most exciting CAA games of the season. Yet another team we "owe" from past years.]
William & Mary (L) 13-10 [We can't beat William & Mary. I refuse to believe it could happen]
@Villanova (L) 28-10 [We don't match up well with Nova. Chris Whitney, Matt Sczcur and Aaron Ball will continually pick up yardage.]
Towson (W) 55-21 [I don't think this will be particularly close, not with a potential playoff spot on the line.]

I think UNH can sneak into the playoffs with this resume. Wins over JMU, Massachusetts and Richmond would go a long way, and we'd be helped if Lehigh/CCSU do well in conference. Brutal six game stretch there, and a fairly conservative but reasonable/likely 3-3 projection on my part.

NHwildEcat
August 11th, 2010, 03:20 PM
UNH:

Central Connecticut State -- (W) 23-16 [I think CCSU will control the clock well enough to keep this game interesting]
@ FBS Pittsburgh -- (L) 24-42 [We'll score a bit, IMO, but I don't think we have enough to hang the whole way]
@ Rhode Island (W) 49-38 [They give me nightmares]
Lehigh -- (W) 24-10 [Another fairly tough OOC game, I think CCSU matches up better than Lehigh does with us]
@ Maine (L) 23-20 [Maine's due, and I like the way they run their team. I think they'll win this one in Orono]
Richmond (W) 21-13 [We're due against Richmond, and this is homecoming. I don't expect Richmond to be as good as they have been.]
@JMU (W) 35-31 [We're VERY due against James Madison. I think the Dukes should be favored in this one but I think UNH is going to get off the schneid here.]
Massachusetts (W) 45-42 [I expect this to be one of the most exciting CAA games of the season. Yet another team we "owe" from past years.]
William & Mary (L) 13-10 [We can't beat William & Mary. I refuse to believe it could happen]
@Villanova (L) 28-10 [We don't match up well with Nova. Chris Whitney, Matt Sczcur and Aaron Ball will continually pick up yardage.]
Towson (W) 55-21 [I don't think this will be particularly close, not with a potential playoff spot on the line.]

I think UNH can sneak into the playoffs with this resume. Wins over JMU, Massachusetts and Richmond would go a long way, and we'd be helped if Lehigh/CCSU do well in conference. Brutal six game stretch there, and a fairly conservative but reasonable/likely 3-3 projection on my part.

Great minds must think alike...I had the same predictions!

asu3peat
August 11th, 2010, 03:43 PM
L @ UTC
W vs. Jacksonville
W vs. NC Central
W@ Samford
W vs. Elon
Wvs. The Citadel
W@ WCU
L vs. Furman
W @ Ga Southern
W vs. Wofford
L @ Florida

JMUNJ08
August 11th, 2010, 04:16 PM
W - Sept. 4 – Morehead State
L - Sept. 11 – at Virginia Tech
W - Sept. 25 – Liberty
W - Oct. 2 – Delaware (Family Weekend)
W - Oct. 9 – at Towson
L - Oct. 16 – New Hampshire (Homecoming Weekend) (history of losing when alumni come back...doesn't make sense)
L - Oct. 23 – at Villanova
W - Oct. 30 – Massachusetts*
W - Nov. 6 – at Richmond (away team has won every match up since '05)
W - Nov. 13 – William & Mary
L - Nov. 20 – at Maine (If Maine is in the running for the playoffs we lose, if they don't get breaks during the year we squeak one out like a few years ago.)

8-3/7-4 - One playoff victory on the road of course...

OL FU
August 11th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Furman 8-3(6-2)

W Colgate
L @ USC
W The Citadel
W @ Wofford
W Howard
L @ Samford
W UTC
W @ ASU
W WCU
L @ Elon
W Ga. Southern

A few of these are "due for a win" predictions. Samford has played us tough as nails twice in a row. I still think Furman is more talented and has jackrabbited out to big leads twice, but Samford is talented and plays the ball control game.

For the same reason I think Furman finally wins again in Boone. It's been a while, and Lamb has yet to win up there, but I think Furman can match App athlete for athlete. We've played a lot of close games up there. Eventually the ball has to fall our way.

Furman has struggled to win at Elon even back when the Phoenix were just this side of terrible. They, inexplicably, held Ingle Martin's Furman team to 10 points in a season where no other team could manage to keep us under 30. They are still talented and SoCon road games are always tough.

All that aside, in my view, I think Furman is the biggest question mark in the 2010 SoCon. They have potentially the most talented offense in the conference--speed at every position, strong depth at each of the skill positions. Defensively they bring back a lot of very talented players with new coaches over them, so no one is really sure how that will work. All told, I'm not even sure Bobby Lamb knows what the potential of this team is. I can see Furman having another mediocre 6-5 year, or they could become the greatest show on turf.

I'll take that record but switch the loss from Samford to ASU. There is just something about Bobby and Boonexbawlingx Some of the quirkiest losses I have witnessed. I do think Samford is going to be a challenge and a possible loss (of course there are quite a few of those possibilities) However as much as ASU has strange wins over us, we have them over Samford.xnodx

My firm hope is that the Paladins don't over look that first game. 42-21 two years ago was a little closer than the score made it sound. Colgate would love to beat a SoCon team and us, in particular, after 08. We had better not be looking toward the Gamecocks.

OL FU
August 11th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Oct 09 The Citadel W
Oct 23 Furman W
Oct 30 Elon L
Nov 06 Auburn L
Nov 13 Samford W
Nov 20 Wofford W

Before anyone loses their mind, that is one more win than we had last year, and ask the folks at Boone if they thought we had a chance to win midway through the third.

No offense and it may happen, but when you end your losing streak with Furman, it won't be in Paladin Stadiumxnonono2x

NovaWildcat
August 11th, 2010, 04:29 PM
at Temple (L) This will be a war. Will undoubtedly come down to last possession. Temple has a good team this year and realistically we may not get the bounces we got last year.
at Lehigh (W) Take Mayor's Cup frustration out on LU. They might be good this year, but no shot.
vs. Towson (W) Blowout.
vs. Penn (W) Traditionally, this game with Penn is very close. Don't think so this year - look for similar result from last time these teams played at Villanova Stadium.
at W & M (W) From what I've read about W&M's losses, we should be solid favorites here.
at Maine (W) I believe this could be our toughest "true" road game of the year. Traditionally, we don't play well on games we fly to, and Maine is always tough.
vs. James Madison (W) See last year's contest.
vs. Richmond (W)
at Rhode Island (W) Blowout.
vs. New Hampshire (W) Regular season payback.
at Delaware (W) We've had the little chickens number for years now, no reason that changes.

So, I see 10-1. I could also see 9-2, also I'm not sure who else I would peg the loss to as this conference has a lot of good teams.
Villanova is great at home over the last 5 years, I really don't see us losing there this year. If we lose another game it'll probably be to Maine or W & M.

Honestly, anything less than a championship with this team is disappointing given all that we have returning.

Silenoz
August 11th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Do you really think MSU is gonna be the one team to best us? Game is at WA-GRIZ this year. If anybody, I see Cal Poly giving us a run for our money. Or EWU, but even those two teams lost some big playmakers last year. I kind of wish we had UC-Davis on the schedule this year. Love playing those guys. But yeah, we will probably see some sort of down game this year like with the Bengals last year but no way I see MSU being the one to take us out.

EWU and MSU have been by far the most successful teams against us this decade (in that list of course). I think all three UM/MSU/EWU game are tossups for the most part. We'll probably beat MSU (very probably), but I had to toss a loss out there somewhere xlolx

And has already been discussed ad naseum, EWU does better against us in Missoula for some reason. And I'm not buying into Cal Poly. I know people want to talk about their RB transfer, or blame last year on injuries, but I don't see them winning more than 5 or 6 games. Hell the only time that program has EVER beat us was against our worst team of the last 20 years.

Mattymc727
August 11th, 2010, 04:45 PM
W Central Conn. St.
L @ Pittsburgh
W @ URI
W Lehigh
W @ Maine
W Richmond
L @ JMU
W UMass (@ Gillette)
W W&M
L @ Villanova
W Towson

I'm a pretty optimistic guy, no doubt UNH blows a game though, but they might happily surprise me as well.

JohnStOnge
August 11th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I have no clue about McNeese except to say a win at home against Lamar and losses to Missouri and LSU. I think they're in good shape player-wise except quarterback is a question mark. So I'm hopeful but uncertain.

Field Judge
August 11th, 2010, 05:57 PM
No offense and it may happen, but when you end your losing streak with Furman, it won't be in Paladin Stadiumxnonono2x

And I feel the same way about you guys and App. You'll beat us in greenville in the future, but not in Boone on Halloween weekend.

TheBisonator
August 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM
OK, I'm gonna take a stab at it.

@Kansas - L
@Northern Iowa - L
MORGAN STATE - W
SOUTH DAKOTA - W
WESTERN ILLINOIS - W
@ Youngstown State - W
@ Illinois State - L
INDIANA STATE - W
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS - L
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE - W
@ Missouri State - W

We go 7-4 and stay in the playoff discussion, but we get left out on that Sunday afternoon selection.

PaladinFan
August 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM

UTC will beat Furman again eventually, and they generally play us tougher in Greenville than in Chattanooga. However, the Mocs haven't beat the Paladins since Clinton's first term. I wouldn't put money on it yet.

UCMoc
August 11th, 2010, 06:46 PM
UTC will beat Furman again eventually, and they generally play us tougher in Greenville than in Chattanooga. However, the Mocs haven't beat the Paladins since Clinton's first term. I wouldn't put money on it yet.

I want teams to believe that what has happened in the past has anything to do with Chattanooga's chances of winning in the future. That said, you may be right, it may not be this year. But if it isn't, it will be the next. That will be BJ Coleman's senior year and Coach Huesman's third as head coach. This is not the Mocs team that has been kicked around the SoCon for years.

PhoenixSupreme
August 11th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I want teams to believe that what has happened in the past has anything to do with Chattanooga's chances of winning in the future. That said, you may be right, it may not be this year. But if it isn't, it will be the next. That will be BJ Coleman's senior year and Coach Huesman's third as head coach. This is not the Mocs team that has been kicked around the SoCon for years.

In my opinion, the Mocs are certainly a trap game for any of the higher-predicted SoCon teams this year. If they win against App, Elon, or Furman, I would call it a surprise, but not really a gargantuan shock.

coover
August 11th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Sep 4th, 2010 Humboldt State (DII) 6:05 pm San Luis Obispo, CA -- Win

Sep 11th, 2010 Montana 6:05 pm San Luis Obispo, CA --Close Loss

Sep 18th, 2010 at Texas State 4:00 pm San Marcos, TX -- Win

Sep 25th, 2010 at McNeese State 5:00 pm Lake Charles, LA -- Win

Oct 2nd, 2010 at Fresno State 7:00 pm Fresno, CA -- Loss

Oct 9th, 2010 at Old Dominion 3:00 pm Norfolk, VA -- Win

Oct 16th, 2010 at Southern Utah 2:00 pm Cedar City, UT -- Win in a wild game

Oct 23rd, 2010 North Dakota 6:05 pm San Luis Obispo, CA -- Win

Oct 30th, 2010 St. Francis (Pa.) (HC) 6:05 pm San Luis Obispo, CA -- Win

Nov 6th, 2010 at South Dakota 2:05 pm Vermillion, SD -- Win in a close game

Nov 13th, 2010 UC Davis 6:05 pm San Luis Obispo, CA -- Close Win

Record 9 - 2, (8 - 2 Division I)

Poly goes to the playoffs ... and who knows from there?

putter
August 11th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Montana

Western St -- W
@Cal Poly -- W
@Eastern Wa -- L picking one with new coach and fired up, red carpet running Eagles
Sac St -- W
@No. Colorado - W
Idaho St W
@Portland St - W
N. Arizona - W Jerome still cant beat the Griz
@Weber St - W Close but Griz are pissed about Bender being done
North Dakota - W UND played well last year against ISU after falling behind...cant fall behind the Griz
MSU - W tough game but Ash continues his frustration with no real QB at the helm

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I'll give it a shot. All things considered i'll go with 8-3 for Lehigh.
9/4 @Drake- W 35-14
9/11 Villanova L 17-30, Lehigh hangs around for 3 quarters before 'Nova eventually breaks their back.
9/18 Princeton W 38-13, Lehigh take care of business against what should be a below average IL team at home
9/25 @UNH W 24-21, Coen finally wins a meaningful OOC game.
10/09 Fordham W 31-16, The Hawks should have enough for the Rams at home
10/16 @ Harvard L, 24-28, This should have been at Goodman!
10/23 Bucknell W, 38-17, LU should make it 13 straight over the Bison
10/30 Colgate W, 24-17, Lehigh will not lose 4 straight to the Raiders!!
11/6 @ Holy Cross L, 17-20, after an emotional win and a tough road trip to MA the Crusaders are able to make it 4 straight
11/13 @ Georgetown W, 42-10, these games have not been remotely close
11/20 @ Lafayette W, 31-21, Lehigh finally returns to the postseason with a win over the 'Pards

Sader87
August 11th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Bearing in mind I'm the eternal pessimist:

Howard W (Sluggish opener, like GTown last year, but Saders prevail)
@UMass L (Another tough close loss...at least they're close now though)
@Harvard L (Strange things tend to upend the Cross at The Stadium for some reason)
@GTown W (Despite DFW's prediction to the contrary)
Fordham W (Close game but a homecoming W)
Brown W (payback at Fitton for last's year debacle in Providence)
@Dartmouth W (but this could be a "trap game")
@Colgate L (Red Raiders get revenge for '09)
Lehigh W (tough game but a bounce back at home)
@Lafayette L (Pards take out 2 years of frustration in Easton)
Bucknell W (Saders end season on a high note)

7-4 Bit of a disappointment but the schedule is very difficult this year with road games at UMass, Harvard, Colgate and Lafayette.

apaladin
August 11th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Oct 09 The Citadel W
Oct 23 Furman W
Oct 30 Elon L
Nov 06 Auburn L
Nov 13 Samford W
Nov 20 Wofford W

That would be 2 more. 6 vs. 8.

ElonFirefighter
August 11th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I'm calling that wishful thinking. Elon loses their best player and most of their defense. Elon's good, but I think 2009 was their shot at making a run.

As much as i would like to see a 10-1 Elon, im waiting till after the App game to start calling for one. Socon Play is far to hard to mark off easy wins. Except for a fe(wcu) ;) Richmond App and GSU will be close, GSU always is. Personally i think we can possible catch an App team sleeping on there HC. But with T-moble gone we have to see how well the other recievers stp up.

UCMoc
August 12th, 2010, 06:38 AM
That would be 2 more. 6 vs. 8.

Oh sure....If you trust math.xbangx

OL FU
August 12th, 2010, 06:45 AM

The difference is that people seem to be coming back to watch the Mocs. If they continue to play well, they will have something they haven't had in years, a home field advantage.

darell1976
August 12th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Montana

Western St -- W
@Cal Poly -- W
@Eastern Wa -- L picking one with new coach and fired up, red carpet running Eagles
Sac St -- W
@No. Colorado - W
Idaho St W
@Portland St - W
N. Arizona - W Jerome still cant beat the Griz
@Weber St - W Close but Griz are pissed about Bender being done
North Dakota - W UND played well last year against ISU after falling behind...cant fall behind the GrizMSU - W tough game but Ash continues his frustration with no real QB at the helm

If you are talking about Idaho State that was 2 years ago and we never trailed them.

biggie
August 12th, 2010, 08:42 AM
As much as i would like to see a 10-1 Elon, im waiting till after the App game to start calling for one. Socon Play is far to hard to mark off easy wins. Except for a fe(wcu) ;) Richmond App and GSU will be close, GSU always is. Personally i think we can possible catch an App team sleeping on there HC. But with T-moble gone we have to see how well the other recievers stp up.
Pretty sure HC will be the one game this year App is not sleeping. Always the biggest and most excited crowd, which fuels the team, especially give the opponent this year.

TheValleyRaider
August 12th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Colgate

Monmouth - W
First game hiccups aside, taking this game becomes a bit more important looking at what follows
at Furman - L
Right now, the goal should be a better performance than the one from Hamilton 2 years ago
at Syracuse - L
The Big One. Except not really. At best we keep it close, but I don't think we have enough there there
Georgetown - W
After what came before, they cannot afford a let down
at Princeton - W
At this point, a loss to the Tigers wouldn't ruin the season, so I can't see any reason to let up
at Cornell - W
New coach, same blowout
Holy Cross - W
Mr. Randolph will not save the Cross this time
at Lehigh - L
Much as it pains me to lose to Lehigh, Bethlehem is a tough road trip, and the Hawks have come close before
Lafayette - W
Leopards beating us twice in a decade? This cannot stand!
at Bucknell - W
Unless Susan is a miracle worker, as the option always did give us some problems
at Fordham - W
This one could well go either way, and it doesn't count for the League race, but the 'Gate generally plays its best ball in November

8-3, 4-1 in the League (5-1 if you count Fordham)
Right in the thick of the race, hopefully coming out on top. It will be interesting to see if something like this would earn an at-large birth in the new expanded field. My initial instinct is no, but until we see it, who knows?

wr70beh
August 12th, 2010, 09:33 AM
L at Virginia
W vs. Elon
W vs. Delaware
W vs. Coastal Carolina
L at New Hampshire
W at Massachusetts
W vs. Towson
L at Villanova
W vs. James Madison
W vs. Rhode Island
L at William & Mary

I think UR will use their new found home field advantage to good measure and battle through to a 7-4 record (5-3 CAA). Should be good enough for making the first round of the playoffs.

I think we can give UVa a run for their money. Oddly enough, we're not the weakest link on their schedule. VMI and EMU are weaker.

LUHawker
August 12th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I'll take a gander at this. By the way, over on my blog, I have previewed the first two games of the season (Howard & UMASS), and will continue to preview the rest of the schedule. Also on the site are "Checking In" with former Crusader football alums. Here is the url: chuchurahrah.blogspot.com

Now, here are the picks:

W Howard
L @ UMASS
W @ Harvard
W @ Georgetown
W Fordham
W Brown
W @ Dartmough
L @ Colgate
W Lehigh
W @ Lafayette
W Bucknell

9-2 overall and 5-1 in the Patriot League. Is 5-1 good enough to win the league? Who knows, but it's hard to see a team running the table in the PL with the amount of parity in the top 4 teams (L, L, Colgate, and HC)

Seriously, the post was entitled Honestly. Last year, HC had all-everything QB Randolph and had bounces go their way and still just edged out Lafayette for the PL title. Maybe most of us PL followers are perhaps underestimating the strength of HC this year, but clearly the magnitude of our collective underestimation is in now way near the magnitude of OVERESTIMATION coming out of the HC followers. Only 1 league loss this year would be a coup, but I think HC is more likely to see 3 league losses. I think you guys take losses at Harvard, Lafayette and Lehigh, pushing your record to 6-5. I could see 7-4, but losing THE star QB in a league that is full of parity radically changes the picture for the Crusaders.

LUHawker
August 12th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I'll give it a shot. All things considered i'll go with 8-3 for Lehigh.
9/4 @Drake- W 35-14
9/11 Villanova L 17-30, Lehigh hangs around for 3 quarters before 'Nova eventually breaks their back.
9/18 Princeton W 38-13, Lehigh take care of business against what should be a below average IL team at home
9/25 @UNH W 24-21, Coen finally wins a meaningful OOC game.
10/09 Fordham W 31-16, The Hawks should have enough for the Rams at home
10/16 @ Harvard L, 24-28, This should have been at Goodman!
10/23 Bucknell W, 38-17, LU should make it 13 straight over the Bison
10/30 Colgate W, 24-17, Lehigh will not lose 4 straight to the Raiders!!
11/6 @ Holy Cross L, 17-20, after an emotional win and a tough road trip to MA the Crusaders are able to make it 4 straight
11/13 @ Georgetown W, 42-10, these games have not been remotely close
11/20 @ Lafayette W, 31-21, Lehigh finally returns to the postseason with a win over the 'Pards

I like GLTUO's optimism, but I think I would revise this to make the UNH game a loss. It's UNH, its away and its still early in the season. Let's not forget that Lehigh was something like 1-5 last year before the team came together. I think Lehigh could surprise UNH, particularly with Cecchini as OC, but the safe bet is for UNH. I see Lehigh defeating Harvard this year. I would also see Lehigh defeating Holy Cross, but likely losing to Colgate, switching those two wins and losses. We end up at the same 8-3 but with a different mix. Another league loss is possible, and perhaps likely as it is still tough to go from a 4-7 record to 8-3. Considering that swing, 7-4 might be more realistic, but I'm not sure what other team they lose to - maybe the Harvard game remains a loss, putting them at 7-4, but still 5-1 in the PL.

DFW HOYA
August 12th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Re: these PL predictions: the PL is not going to see five teams at 7-4 and one at 0-11. One of these teams is going to drop off in a noticeable manner. Could be Holy Cross, could well be Lehigh. And Kevin Kelly is not going to go 0-fer in 2010.

tribefan40
August 12th, 2010, 10:36 AM
9/4 @ UMASS - W
9/11 VMI - W
9/18 @ ODU - W
9/25 @ Maine - W
10/2 Nova - L (close game - both teams probably top 3 or 4 at this point)
10/9 RI - W
10/23 Delaware - W
10/30 @ UNC - L
11/6 @ UNH - L
11/13 @ JMU - W
11/20 UR - W (close game as always)

8-3 is more than possible for this team depending on how the QB situation pans out. I have no doubt we will be stable at the position by mid-season and the defense and running game should be able to carry us through the first part of the schedule. If the QB turns out to be more than stable 9-2 could be more probable with the potential for another good playoff run. THREE WEEKS!

tribefan40
August 12th, 2010, 10:49 AM
at W & M (W) From what I've read about W&M's losses, we should be solid favorites here.

While we have had losses and I agree that Nova will win (see my other post) I think this game will be closer than is being billed. Don't forget that you guys got us at your place both meetings last year, and aside from the blip at UNH, we played you guys closer than anyone. Should be a great matchup of highly ranked teams!

crusader11
August 12th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Seriously, the post was entitled Honestly. Last year, HC had all-everything QB Randolph and had bounces go their way and still just edged out Lafayette for the PL title. Maybe most of us PL followers are perhaps underestimating the strength of HC this year, but clearly the magnitude of our collective underestimation is in now way near the magnitude of OVERESTIMATION coming out of the HC followers. Only 1 league loss this year would be a coup, but I think HC is more likely to see 3 league losses. I think you guys take losses at Harvard, Lafayette and Lehigh, pushing your record to 6-5. I could see 7-4, but losing THE star QB in a league that is full of parity radically changes the picture for the Crusaders.

We'll show you.

PaladinFan
August 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Colgate

Monmouth - W
First game hiccups aside, taking this game becomes a bit more important looking at what follows
at Furman - L
Right now, the goal should be a better performance than the one from Hamilton 2 years ago
at Syracuse - L
The Big One. Except not really. At best we keep it close, but I don't think we have enough there there
Georgetown - W
After what came before, they cannot afford a let down
at Princeton - W
At this point, a loss to the Tigers wouldn't ruin the season, so I can't see any reason to let up
at Cornell - W
New coach, same blowout
Holy Cross - W
Mr. Randolph will not save the Cross this time
at Lehigh - L
Much as it pains me to lose to Lehigh, Bethlehem is a tough road trip, and the Hawks have come close before
Lafayette - W
Leopards beating us twice in a decade? This cannot stand!
at Bucknell - W
Unless Susan is a miracle worker, as the option always did give us some problems
at Fordham - W
This one could well go either way, and it doesn't count for the League race, but the 'Gate generally plays its best ball in November

8-3, 4-1 in the League (5-1 if you count Fordham)
Right in the thick of the race, hopefully coming out on top. It will be interesting to see if something like this would earn an at-large birth in the new expanded field. My initial instinct is no, but until we see it, who knows?

Going to be a great game, hopefully. Colgate's biggest worry, I think, is the 2:00 kickoff time. It'll be a nice 93 degrees with high humidity that time of year. Colgate should probably do a few extra windsprints in summer practice.

It's not a 100% fact, but Furman generally is very vanilla early in the season. Expect hot temperatures and a lot of the Furman ground game.

AppStsGr8
August 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Oct 09 The Citadel W
Oct 23 Furman W
Oct 30 Elon L
Nov 06 Auburn L
Nov 13 Samford W
Nov 20 Wofford W

Depending on how ready a brand new QB is in his first game, I do believe UTC has a good shot at App. I also believe a well-prepared App can win. That's why I've got to make the drive to Chattanooga and watch that game in person!

UCMoc
August 12th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Depending on how ready a brand new QB is in his first game, I do believe UTC has a good shot at App. I also believe a well-prepared App can win. That's why I've got to make the drive to Chattanooga and watch that game in person!

Later in the season I'm not sure I would make that pick, but I agree that the new QB will be one of the main factors in deciding this one. Last year was a great game in Boone. I hope your treatment here is as good as mine was there.

AppStsGr8
August 12th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Later in the season I'm not sure I would make that pick, but I agree that the new QB will be one of the main factors in deciding this one. Last year was a great game in Boone. I hope your treatment here is as good as mine was there.

Glad you were treated well in Boone. Personally, I love meeting fans from the other schools. We've had plenty of great conversations in the stadium lot as folks walk to the game. I'll be staying within walking distance of the stadium at Chattanooga and hope to meet some great Mocs fans on the walk over. See you on the fourth!

TheValleyRaider
August 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Re: these PL predictions: the PL is not going to see five teams at 7-4 and one at 0-11. One of these teams is going to drop off in a noticeable manner. Could be Holy Cross, could well be Lehigh. And Kevin Kelly is not going to go 0-fer in 2010.

Well, based on who's posted so far, that team will clearly be Lafayette xlolx

LUHawker
August 12th, 2010, 01:52 PM
We'll show you.

Based on what?

TokyoGriz
August 12th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Montana

Western St -- W
@Cal Poly -- L (First real test of the team. Just have feeling if we are going to lose a game its going to be this on due to lots of new blood on the team. IMO an early lose would be good to really motivate the team to get in synch.)
@Eastern Wa -- W ( that ridiculous Red carpet is distracting but not enough for the L )
Sac St -- W
@No. Colorado - W
Idaho St W
@Portland St - W
N. Arizona - W
@Weber St - W
North Dakota - W
MSU - W ( IF you think this is going to be a L your high as a kite baby! )

SpidersSportsEditor
August 12th, 2010, 08:48 PM
L at Virginia
W vs. Elon
W vs. Delaware
W vs. Coastal Carolina
L at New Hampshire
W at Massachusetts
W vs. Towson
L at Villanova
L vs. James Madison
W vs. Rhode Island
W at William & Mary

Looking at the sched as a whole, I thought we would go 7-4, and then when I filled this out one-by-one I had us at 8-3. Just based on match-ups, I think we're better than Delaware, JMU, UNH and Elon. But, I figure with a young line and a lot of turnover we're bound to lose one of those games. Based on the odd recent history of the JMU/Richmond road team winning, I made that my loss. And yes, we upset W&M because we need that game for the playoffs.

JMUNJ08
August 13th, 2010, 12:53 PM
vs. James Madison (W) See last year's contest.

I don't think you can really look at last years contest. We just came off a deflating game against then #1 Richmond and were still starting a true freshman QB. This year while we lose Moats off the DL, we gain back our senior starting QB. This game will be PLENTY different. The only thing I think (hope not) will be the same is a Nova victory being they get us on the road...

NHwildEcat
August 13th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Everyone seems to have a lot of hope with the upcoming season.

Silenoz
August 13th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Everyone seems to have a lot of hope with the upcoming season.

Yeah, there is gonna be a lot of 9-2 teams being snubbed of at-large bids it seems xlolx