PDA

View Full Version : SDSU vs Kansas 2012

89rabbit
August 10th, 2010, 11:15 PM
This year the Jackrabbits take on Nebraska, next season Illinois, and 2012 we will play the Jayhawks.

http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081010aac.html

Kansas Football Announces 2012 Non-Conference Schedule

LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas football has announced its three non-conference games for the 2012 season, which includes home games against South Dakota State and Rice and a road game at Northern Illinois.

While the Big 12 Conference portion of the 2012 season has not been announced, the Jayhawks will open the year hosting South Dakota State on Sept. 1.

KU will then host Rice in the first of a two-game series on Sept. 8. The Jayhawks will play at Rice in 2013. On Sept. 22 KU will travel to Northern Illinois in a return game from when the Huskies visit Lawrence in 2011. . . . (read more)

TheBisonator
August 10th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Good get. We'll tell you how the game-day experience is in Lawrence after 9/4. I hope we can play Nebraska in the future like you're playing Kansas.

89rabbit
August 10th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Good get. We'll tell you how the game-day experience is in Lawrence after 9/4. I hope we can play Nebraska in the future like you're playing Kansas.

You will like Lawrence on game day, I have been to a few games in the past, I lived in Kansas City for 16 before moving back to Brookings and married a K-Stater while I was down there.

89rabbit
August 11th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Here is a quick story from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100811/SPORTS0202/100811012/1002/sports

SDSU to visit Kansas in football in 2012

By Terry Vandrovec • [email protected] • August 11, 2010

The South Dakota State football program has another major-conference date on the books, this time with a school known primarily for its basketball.

The Jackrabbits will play at the University of Kansas on Sept. 1, 2012. The agreement was released by the Jayhawks on Tuesday and confirmed by SDSU athletic director Justin Sell.

The game has been in the works for some time, according to Sell, but wasn’t finalized until recently because Kansas was waiting to see what transpired with the possible dissolution of the Big 12 Conference. . . . (read more)

RabidRabbit
August 11th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Here is a quick story from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100811/SPORTS0202/100811012/1002/sports

SDSU to visit Kansas in football in 2012

By Terry Vandrovec • [email protected] • August 11, 2010

The South Dakota State football program has another major-conference date on the books, this time with a school known primarily for its basketball.

The Jackrabbits will play at the University of Kansas on Sept. 1, 2012. The agreement was released by the Jayhawks on Tuesday and confirmed by SDSU athletic director Justin Sell.

The game has been in the works for some time, according to Sell, but wasn’t finalized until recently because Kansas was waiting to see what transpired with the possible dissolution of the Big 12 Conference. . . . (read more)

NO xflaggedx on this play!

Good game for the Jacks!

89rabbit
August 11th, 2010, 11:10 AM
NO xflaggedx on this play!

Good game for the Jacks!

What does that mean? What is the flag for?

LakesBison
August 11th, 2010, 12:08 PM
jackrabbit fans are slow. its says NO FLAG. geesh.

I like how SDSU keeps getting NDSU's scraps, recruits, facilities, tailgating, games now.

89rabbit
August 11th, 2010, 12:29 PM
And I like how we keep beating NDSU on the field.

Remember this?

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics/400/QK/QKOEUNKKXJUHFZU.20071117230344.jpg

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics/400/XD/XDRPUCZKNGYGRLQ.20081123035352.jpg

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics22/400/EQ/EQUORKPBGNKKUDB.20091019193428.jpg

I know you haven't seen the Dakota Marker for a number of years now. xnodx

TheBisonator
August 11th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Dude, just because Lakes is a douche doesn't mean I have to see those nasty pictures... :(

UNI Pike
August 11th, 2010, 05:53 PM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/6432/646024034recent.jpg

darell1976
August 11th, 2010, 05:56 PM

xlolxxlolx Their empty Border Marker shelf is collecting as much dust as the Nickel Trophy shelf.xhurrayx

TheBisonator
August 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM
xlolxxlolx Their empty Border Marker shelf is collecting as much dust as the Nickel Trophy shelf.xhurrayx

We used to always put the Nickel above the fireplace in the NDSU Memorial Union. You guys always hid it.

mango43
August 11th, 2010, 09:09 PM

Seriously, best thing ever.xoutofrepx

TheBisonator
August 11th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Seriously, best thing ever.xoutofrepx

All I see is a red X.

Maybe it's just my computer...

mango43
August 11th, 2010, 10:31 PM
All I see is a red X.

Maybe it's just my computer...

Just because you don't want to remember it happening*

*I seriously have no idea if Bisonator only sees a red X, it's just fun giving NDSU fans crap

darell1976
August 12th, 2010, 10:14 AM
We used to always put the Nickel above the fireplace in the NDSU Memorial Union. You guys always hid it.

We had to hide it..you guys would steal itxlolx...ah memories.

MinneapolisJack
August 12th, 2010, 01:16 PM
jackrabbit fans are slow. its says NO FLAG. geesh.

I like how SDSU keeps getting NDSU's scraps, recruits, facilities, tailgating, games now.

Sorry, we were trying to get your scraps and play powerhouse Wyoming this year but we had to settle for Nebraska.

By the way, which team played Iowa St first?

MplsBison
August 12th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Sorry, we were trying to get your scraps and play powerhouse Wyoming this year but we had to settle for Nebraska.

By the way, which team played Iowa St first?

Neither of the Dakota State U's have played Iowa, though. Too bad, it's another one on my wish list.

MinneapolisJack
August 12th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Neither of the Dakota State U's have played Iowa, though. Too bad, it's another one on my wish list.

Agreed, Iowa would be a good get. For selfish reasons (my wife is an alum) I'd like to see Colorado on the schedule too. I think the Jacks are in talks with Missouri for 2013 but it hasn't been finalized yet

JBB
August 12th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I love these games. The FBS central plains schools are perfect OOC opponents for us. If I remember correctly Iowa State put the hammer down on the Jacks but the Jacks went on to have a good season. Its Kansas and Nebraska this year. I think these may be the best 2 football teams we have ever played. Nebraska is the best but Kansas at 31 is obviously expected to be a good football team.

darell1976
August 12th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I wonder if the SU's will play FBS teams out east like a Florida, Georgia Tech or North Carolina? Seems like they went from the Big 10 and MAC to the Big 12..maybe its time to conference hop to the SEC, ACC, or the PAC 10. I would love to see the SU's at Miami. Who wouldn't want to take a trip down there in the nice warm sun and beaches.

RabidRabbit
August 12th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I believe the Jacks are focused and succeeding in getting either Big 10 (soon to be 12), or Big 12 (soon to be 10) with the nearby schools. Nebraska 2010, Ill 2011, KS 2012, MN 2013. If Jacks keep this rolling, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mizzou mid-decade.

MplsBison
August 12th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I wonder if the SU's will play FBS teams out east like a Florida, Georgia Tech or North Carolina? Seems like they went from the Big 10 and MAC to the Big 12..maybe its time to conference hop to the SEC, ACC, or the PAC 10. I would love to see the SU's at Miami. Who wouldn't want to take a trip down there in the nice warm sun and beaches.

I would prefer if we stuck to playing FBS teams in the areas we recruit: Minnesota, Wisconsin (MN and WI are the bread and butter of our recruiting every year...I'd be fine playing one or the other every other year but probably not going to happen), Nebraska (esp. if we start pulling 2-3 kids out of there every year), Iowa/Iowa St (I wish we would pull 3-5 kids out of Iowa a year, but so far not much happening), Illinois (1-2 kids a year from northern IL would be good too). Other than that, not really interested. Wyoming and Kansas will be cool, but not to the great benefit of the program.

darell1976
August 12th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I would prefer if we stuck to playing FBS teams in the areas we recruit: Minnesota, Wisconsin (MN and WI are the bread and butter of our recruiting every year...I'd be fine playing one or the other every other year but probably not going to happen), Nebraska (esp. if we start pulling 2-3 kids out of there every year), Iowa/Iowa St (I wish we would pull 3-5 kids out of Iowa a year, but so far not much happening), Illinois (1-2 kids a year from northern IL would be good too). Other than that, not really interested. Wyoming and Kansas will be cool, but not to the great benefit of the program.

I can see that. I wonder if Wisconsin will be on NDSU's schedule in the near future. We went from Texas Tech to Idaho to trips to San Diego St. and Fresno St in the next few years I guess we are after more Cali kids.

JBB
August 12th, 2010, 08:56 PM
NDSU is booked out a few years, all in the central plains. We have Minnesota next year and Colorado the following year. Its a nice OOC schedule for us.

I've always admired SDSUs scheduling. They have done a good job.

F'N Hawks
August 12th, 2010, 10:14 PM
NDSU is booked out a few years, all in the central plains. We have Minnesota next year and Colorado the following year. Its a nice OOC schedule for us.

I believe it is Colorado State you are playing, bit of a difference there.
We will start scheduling FBS regionally once the name situation is over. Til then we are playing Fresno State which is near a nice recruiting area. Once we get the FBS games back in the region our scheduling may become admirable. Who knows.

darell1976
August 13th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I believe it is Colorado State you are playing, bit of a difference there.
We will start scheduling FBS regionally once the name situation is over. Til then we are playing Fresno State which is near a nice recruiting area. Once we get the FBS games back in the region our scheduling may become admirable. Who knows.

The ban with Minnesota and Iowa should be over now and we can start with them. Maybe we can get a bet with the other 3 Dakota teams on who can schedule Iowa first.

89rabbit
August 13th, 2010, 08:33 AM
The ban with Minnesota and Iowa should be over now and we can start with them. Maybe we can get a bet with the other 3 Dakota teams on who can schedule Iowa first.

We play them in Men's B-ball this season, so we might have a leg up on you. xcoolx

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=15000&SPID=7143&SPSID=88455

darell1976
August 13th, 2010, 09:07 AM
We play them in Men's B-ball this season, so we might have a leg up on you. xcoolx

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=15000&SPID=7143&SPSID=88455

Thats a good start.xthumbsupx

BearsCountry
August 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM
We got a game with Iowa sometime in the next few years. By the way I like the redesign on the Jacks website.

UNI Pike
August 13th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Play like last year, and the Jacks will have a fair chance to beat Iowa in BB.

MplsBison
August 13th, 2010, 01:07 PM

Colorado *State*. Not that it would be any different re: my point. We don't have any business playing FBS teams not located in recruiting states. We need to limit our focus on those games, IMO.

JBB
August 13th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I dont believe our OOC scheduling is exclusively a recruiting tool. I think it fits in to the over-all mission. As I state in another thread NDSU moved to D1 to expand its image and raise its profile. FBS games are also sources of revenue. So far Ive been very happy with our OOC scheduling, especially the FBS games.