PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Season! What games are you looking forward to the most?

SU Jag
January 13th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I'm looking foward to the Southern vs Jackson State game the most! I get so fired up thinking about this one! :hyped:

Bring it on J-State :hyped: Bring it on! :hyped:

colgate13
January 13th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Colgate/Umass
Colgate/Lehigh
Colgate/Lafayette

That would be my top 3, not necessarily in any order.

bluehenbillk
January 13th, 2006, 12:32 PM
I'm looking forward to September 30th, New Hampshire visits Delaware under the lights. This will be a measuring stick game for the Hens to see if '06 will be a playoff-type year. 2007 looks to be the year of the Hen.

PantherRob82
January 13th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I'm looking forward to MSU in the dome. Should be a fun one.

SU Jag
January 13th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I'm looking forward to MSU in the dome. Should be a fun one.

Hey Rob, whats the date on that one?

Killtoppers90
January 13th, 2006, 01:22 PM
WKU

At Georgia (between the hedges)
At EKU (The Rivalry Continues)
All the Gateway Games (Let's see who comes out alive THIS season!)

Bub
January 13th, 2006, 01:23 PM
UNI at Drake. Opening the 2006 season, first game in the $13 mil renovated Drake Stadium, under the lights. Should be a big crowd as it's a Thursday night game with no competition from other games.

SochorField
January 13th, 2006, 01:34 PM
UC Davis @ Cal Poly

UC Davis @ San Jose State

UC Davis @ Youngstown State

North Dakota State @ UC Davis

Slack State @ UC Davis

LUHawker
January 13th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Lehigh @ Villanova
Colgate @ Lehigh
Lehigh @ Lafayette (of course)

and...

some team @ Lehigh on the weekend following Thanksgiving!!! :D

Granite
January 13th, 2006, 03:18 PM
9/9 - UNH at Northwestern (road trip to Chicago!)
9/16 - UNH vs. Stony Brook (our first home game back at Cowell Stadium)
9/30 - UNH at Delaware (for all the reasons bluehenbill mentioned in his post)

ncbears
January 13th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Montana comes to Nottingham Field on Nov. 11

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

bandl
January 13th, 2006, 03:23 PM
9/9 SDSU & Montana (flying out to Missoula for this game!!!)

9/16 App State @ JMU (if it happens, I've read it might not be)

9/30 UNH @ UD (driving to Delaware for this one)

10/21 W&M @ JMU (Homecoming at JMU)

3rd Coast Tiger
January 13th, 2006, 03:29 PM
What games am I looking forward to? All the games we win. :mad:

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2006, 06:05 PM
What games am I looking forward to? All the games we win. :mad:

So which sub-Div I schools are you guys playing this year? xlolx

Pard4Life
January 13th, 2006, 06:13 PM
...the first one, and then the one after that... and so on...

One at a time...

..and yes this means Columbia too

Hansel
January 13th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I am looking forward to our schedule being announced :o

crunifan
January 13th, 2006, 07:46 PM
My favorite game of the year is always the UNI vs. SIU game. It has turned into such a meaningful, yet fun rivalry. Plus, with both teams so good each year, it is fun to see who comes out on top (almost always the home team).

McNeese72
January 13th, 2006, 08:02 PM
After last season, I'm just looking forward to having a normal McNeese home game. Plenty of all day tailgating and about 16,000+ fans attending a 7PM night game. In other words, things back to normal or as back to normal as they can be.

Doc

ngineer
January 13th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I'm lookin' forward to Sept 2. Yes, it may 'only' be Albany in some eyes, but with our new coach and transition, getting back to Goodman for any game will be exciting. However, I will admit that the games with Villanova, Princeton, Harvard, Colgate and #142 at Lafayette carry a little more 'juice'...

Grizo406
January 13th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Right now, I'm most looking forward to the our first home opener of the season. Sept 9th, when SDSU comes to Washington/Grizzly. It simply can't get here soon enough.

EMOTIONALLY, I'm most looking forward to the Nov 18th game against the Bobcats, followed by our Nov 4th meeting with Cal Poly (both of which will be in Missoula), and then the Oct 7th game against EWU at their place.

I hope to see the Griz play a few games in December too! :hyped: :hurray: :hurray: :eek: :D

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 13th, 2006, 10:56 PM
SU vs Jackson St. in Jackson,Miss. Like no other in 1-aa.

Tod
January 13th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Montana comes to Nottingham Field on Nov. 11

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

I looked it up on MapQuest and I think it's just over 500 miles from Albuquerque. I may try to convince the wife that we need to make that game. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Mr. C
January 13th, 2006, 11:09 PM
After two Appalachian State-Furman classics in 2005, can't wait for another one in 2006 at Kidd Brewer Stadium.

CatFan22
January 13th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Cat/Griz 2006!

Mr. Tiger
January 13th, 2006, 11:22 PM
I'm looking foward to the Southern vs Jackson State game the most! I get so fired up thinking about this one! :hyped:

Bring it on J-State :hyped: Bring it on! :hyped:

I can't wait for this game. You know there will be over 50,000 fans at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium. And if both teams have good records this year unlike this past season I say there will be 60,000 there. Jaguar Nation always brings in a crowd and JSU fans will be back in full force. :hyped: I ready for this one.

igo4uni
January 13th, 2006, 11:35 PM
UNI at Drake. Opening the 2006 season, first game in the $13 mil renovated Drake Stadium, under the lights. Should be a big crowd as it's a Thursday night game with no competition from other games.

I'll be there!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 13th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Albany @ Lehigh
Lehigh @ Nova
Colgate @ Lehigh
Lehigh @ Lafayette

I can't wait til the season starts in general. I've been under a rock since the season ended but have followed the transgressions throughout the offseason. I hope next year will bring back the "juice" in the program. I've enjoyed the last five years because every week has mattered but the playoffs are what i miss the most. Hopefully Coen can get them back. I say 9-2 with playoffs or bust, anything else means little has changed IMHO.

Rabbit3467
January 14th, 2006, 02:13 AM
UC Davis @ Cal Poly

UC Davis @ San Jose State

UC Davis @ Youngstown State

North Dakota State @ UC Davis

Slack State @ UC Davis

You forgot a team that beat UC Davis in 2005... who was that again???

:beerchug:

UAalum72
January 14th, 2006, 06:59 AM
9/2 - Albany @ Lehigh - missed the last time Great Danes went there, and anyway it's the season opener.

9/16 - Albany @ Delaware - depending on how we look the first two games, and if I can convince the bride that 4 1/2 hours isn't really that long of a ride.

9/30 - Albany @ Cornell - because my sister went to Cornell, and I haven't been to Schoellkopf Field since her graduation (wow, 31 years? time flies)

DetroitFlyer
January 14th, 2006, 09:12 AM
San Diego has become the class of the PFL and has Jimbo back as head coach. We have lost to San Diego the last three times we have played. Most of our defense is returning and we still have Kevin Hoyng at QB. I just might travel from Detroit to San Diego to see this one! Go Flyers!!

kats89
January 14th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I am looking forward to the game vs SMU in Dallas. A chance for the Bearkats to impose more death penalty on the Mustang program.

Games I am always pumped up for:

Tx State in Huntsville
SFA in Nacogdoches (we go 3-7 and they still can't beat us).

However, I am with McNeese72, a normal season with no cancelled games in the Southland this next year will be nice.

blukeys
January 14th, 2006, 11:37 AM
9/16 - Albany @ Delaware - depending on how we look the first two games, and if I can convince the bride that 4 1/2 hours isn't really that long of a ride.

Whisper TAX FREE SHOPPING. Works every time. :rolleyes:

Cocky
January 14th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Furman
EKU
Chattnooga

SU Jag
January 14th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I can't wait for this game. You know there will be over 50,000 fans at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium. And if both teams have good records this year unlike this past season I say there will be 60,000 there. Jaguar Nation always brings in a crowd and JSU fans will be back in full force. :hyped: I ready for this one.

This one of the biggest games in 1-AA this season! Get ready for the Jaguar Nation to paint the city of Jackson blue and gold! :)

:coach: You don't wanna go to War with a soldier, SU Jaguars, I thought I told ya! :coach:

SU Jag
January 14th, 2006, 01:54 PM
After two Appalachian State-Furman classics in 2005, can't wait for another one in 2006 at Kidd Brewer Stadium.

Whats the date on that one? Hopefully I can make it up to Boone for this one!

fuEMO
January 14th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Furman @ APP
GSU @ Furman – looks like this could be the last regular season game
Furman @ UNC

Mr. C
January 14th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Whats the date on that one? Hopefully I can make it up to Boone for this one!
Usually, App State and Furman play the first weekend of October, though I have heard that the SoCon might switch around the schedule a little bit in 2006. Haven't seen a schedule for either team yet. If you can make it, it will be worth the trip. Every I-AA fan should experience Kidd Brewer Stadium at least once.

colgate13
January 14th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I say 9-2 with playoffs or bust, anything else means little has changed IMHO.

Considering who you graduate, that may be a bit much to expect in the first year for Coen. I think it all depends on 'how' Lehigh plays, even if some games are losses. 9-2 is definitely do-able, but LU could still go 8-3 and there have been a lot of change...

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 14th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Jaguar Nation always brings in a crowd
Brings a crowd. :lmao: Hell we had more fans than Jackson State in its own stadium the last 3 times we played in Jackson. It will be 60,000 plus like it always is.

wkukid
January 15th, 2006, 12:57 AM
more than anything:

that school on the eastern side of the commonwealth....dang i can never remember their name....maybe it's bc we beat them every year :beerchug:

bonarae
January 15th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Harvard vs. Lehigh... again.

ASU Kep
January 15th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Biggest games to me are:

1) ASU vs. Furman
2) ASU vs. NC State
3) ASU vs. GSU

...and ASU vs. TBD in Chatty. :D

FL connection
January 15th, 2006, 08:57 AM
9/2 EIU @ Illinois

9/16 EIU @ ISU

10/14 EIU @ EKU

11/18 JSU @ EIU for the championship again Cocky!!

connection out!!

kalm
January 15th, 2006, 09:42 AM
:nod:

You forgot a team that beat UC Davis in 2005... who was that again???

:beerchug:

Actually he forgot a couple (EWU @ Davis) , perhaps because he's not looking forward to another loss. :)

But I'm looking most forward to Idaho State @ EWU - the Bengals evidently being the team to beat in the Big Sky this year. ;) We should roll in the rest of our home games.

BTW, anyone know who we play on 10/7? I might check it out if nothing else is going on that day. ;)

carney2
January 15th, 2006, 01:41 PM
All of 'em. God, I miss it.

DUPFLFan
January 15th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Games I'm looking forward to are:
Drake at Dayton
San Diego at Drake

Payback time...

slostang
January 15th, 2006, 04:57 PM
I am really looking forward to a weekend in San Diego Oct. 28 when the Mustangs take on San Diego State. I am also looking forward to another road trip to Missoula to take on Montana. The best I-AA game day atmosphere around.

The home game I am looking forward to the most is the UC Davis game. We owe them one.