PDA

View Full Version : UNC's official 2006 schedule

ncbears
January 12th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Northern Colorado announced yesterday their official 2006 schedule. We open against former Great West conference foe UC Davis. We also have OOC teams such as W. Illinois and Texas State. We have 0 d2 teams scheduled.

Link:
http://uncbears.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/ncol-m-footbl-sched.html

mainejeff
January 12th, 2006, 08:53 PM
An absolutely brutal schedule! Wow.

Wellington
January 12th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Holy crap, that is brutal. If only they would have scheduled a game against cal poly also, that would be insane.

Poly Pigskin
January 12th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Northern Colorado announced yesterday their official 2006 schedule. We open against former Great West conference foe UC Davis. We also have OOC teams such as W. Illinois and Texas State. We have 0 d2 teams scheduled.

Link:
http://uncbears.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/ncol-m-footbl-sched.html

How is your team expected to be relative to this year? That kind of schedule could make for a long year if you aren't a solid team. Too bad you guys aren't playing us anymore :smiley_wi

ncbears
January 12th, 2006, 11:10 PM
It's a tuff schedule but hopefully we'll be up for the challenge. A new coaching staff and scholarship increase should help.

txstatebobcat
January 12th, 2006, 11:24 PM
That's easily one of the toughest schedules in the nation for the 2006 season. Also one of the reasons as to why UNC has had a tougher time than UC-Davis, NDSU, and SDSU since moving to D-I. The bears schedules are to tough.

TxSt02
January 12th, 2006, 11:28 PM
looking forward to seeing the bears down in san marvelous next year!

89rabbit
January 12th, 2006, 11:37 PM
That's easily one of the toughest schedules in the nation for the 2006 season. Also one of the reasons as to why UNC has had a tougher time than UC-Davis, NDSU, and SDSU since moving to D-I. The bears schedules are to tough.

Another reason is they haven't been as good, they lost both head to head meetings with UC-Davis and SDSU and should have lost both to NDSU. UNC will put it back together but they haven't been very good the last few years. That is one tough schedule, best of luck to the Bears as they move into the Big Sky.

lucchesicourt
January 13th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Excuse me, but UC Davis' schedule last year was called the 2nd most difficult and this year it will be even more difficult. Currently set to be:

Youngstown State
San Jose State
Furman(?)
South Dakota St.
North Dakota St.
Southern Utah
Cal Poly
Sac State
Northern Colorado
Eastern Washington
Montana State - I believe they backed out of this game

lucchesicourt
January 13th, 2006, 07:22 AM
I am NOT taking anything away from UNC's schedule for this year, but to say they played a more difficult schedule than UC Davis last year and over the years in D1AA is absolutely inaccurate. In general, this is the first schedule I've seen where UNC's may be more difficult than UCD's.

Hansel
January 13th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Since moving to IAA (03 for UNC/UCD, 04 for SU's), here are the records of schools vs fully funded IAA teams

UNC 3-13
UC-Davis 6-6
NDSU 6-4
SDSU 1-8

lucchesicourt
January 13th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Thanks Hansel. I know you guys are getting the credit you deserve, but UCD I feel is not. IMO, your team will be one of the top D1AA teams year in and year out, and I expect UCD to be right there as our histories are very similar when it comes to playoffs (though you have been more sccessful in the playoffs than us). That is why I feel being able to defeat a NDSU team means you are quality program and are on the rise. NDSU is NEVER a pushover when it comes to football. But, what I usually hear from other teams is we really don't know much about UCD except they are good program. I feel UCD is more than a good program just as you guys are. I believe we (you and us) are and will be top 25 teams for years to come when we are through this provisional period..

89rabbit
January 13th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Since moving to IAA (03 for UNC/UCD, 04 for SU's), here are the records of schools vs fully funded IAA teams

UNC 3-13
UC-Davis 6-6
NDSU 6-4
SDSU 1-8

What is this non-sense about looking at fully funded I-AA teams only. I guess that is a way for the Bison to look at things and conveniently forget they they have lost to SDSU, UNC and UC-Davis schools that have fewer scholarships then the Bison (I know it hurts to realize that NDSU was one of UNC's two wins in '04, but it is what it is). If you want to take the lower Divison schools out of the mix and take away the I-AA Mid-Majors that is fine but all the Great West Conference games should be in there don't you think. :eyebrow:

Since moving to I-AA ('03 for UNC/UCD, '04 for SU's) here are the records of the schools vs I-AA Scholarship teams and I-A teams

UNC 7-18
UC-Davis 13-12
NDSU 11-7
SDSU 6-10

The Bison have done some really good things, especially with the OOC portion of their schedule, they have not faired as well (statistically speaking) once conference play begins. Still it would be hard to argue that NDSU hasn't had the greatest success of the four so far, that of course is not a surprise given NDSU's history and the fact that they have more scholarships then the other three (they are the only fully funded team at this time). I am not knocking NDSU in any way, I just think this is a more accurate picture of how the 4 teams have done so far.

ncbears
January 13th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Another reason is they haven't been as good, they lost both head to head meetings with UC-Davis .

We have lost to UC Davis the past two meetings, but beat them at their house in the 2003. Which was both schools first year of 1aa football.

lucchesicourt
January 13th, 2006, 02:51 PM
And UC Davis in 03 had a total of 5-8 total schollies.

ncbears
January 13th, 2006, 03:07 PM
And UC Davis in 03 had a total of 5-8 total schollies.

that is totally besides the point.