PDA

View Full Version : UNH to play Northwestern in 2006 opener

NHWildcatfan
January 12th, 2006, 03:20 PM
UNH football announces 2006 schedule

DURHAM, N.H. -- The 2006 schedule for the University of New Hampshire football team was announced Friday by the UNH Athletic Department and the Wildcats, who broke the school single-season win total with an 11-2 record and No. 1 national ranking in 2005, will kick off the 2006 season Sept. 9 at Northwestern University of the Big Ten Conference.

That game will mark the fourth time in five years that UNH will square off against a Division I opponent. The 'Cats won at Rutgers University, 35-24, in 2004 and played road games vs. Central Michigan (40-33 loss) and Kent State (34-7 loss) in previous years.

Hansel
January 12th, 2006, 03:22 PM
UNH football announces 2006 schedule

DURHAM, N.H. -- The 2006 schedule for the University of New Hampshire football team was announced Friday by the UNH Athletic Department and the Wildcats, who broke the school single-season win total with an 11-2 record and No. 1 national ranking in 2005, will kick off the 2006 season Sept. 9 at Northwestern University of the Big Ten Conference.

That game will mark the fourth time in five years that UNH will square off against a Division I opponent. The 'Cats won at Rutgers University, 35-24, in 2004 and played road games vs. Central Michigan (40-33 loss) and Kent State (34-7 loss) in previous years.

Where's ralph at on this one

SochorField
January 12th, 2006, 03:32 PM
This would be a good game. Hopefully it will be on TV?

AppGuy04
January 12th, 2006, 03:39 PM
with the guys they have back on offense, I think they have a chance to win that one

Go...gate
January 12th, 2006, 05:55 PM
If memory serves me correctly, Marty Scarano, UNH's AD, worked under Mark Murphy when he was AD at Colgate and Murphy gave him a strong recommendation for the UNH job. That may be the genesis of that game, which will be a nice match-up.

UNH 40
January 12th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Gonna be a good one a real good one. UNH will have to play its very best to pull it off, as they did against Rutgers a couple years ago.

ISUMatt
January 12th, 2006, 09:00 PM
NW has a stud RB in Sutton, and returns great WRs, but have a big ? at QB!!!

Poly Pigskin
January 13th, 2006, 12:47 AM
That would be huge if a I-AA school could pull off another upset over a school in a BCS conference, like UCD over Stanford this year. Go Cats!

UNH 40
January 13th, 2006, 06:37 AM
That would be huge if a I-AA school could pull off another upset over a school in a BCS conference, like UCD over Stanford this year. Go Cats!

Yes It would.

GannonFan
January 13th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Hey, on the bright side, Northwestern doesn't play a lick of defense so from an offensive fireworks standpoint, this could be a very high scoring game. This isn't a bottom feeder team like Rutgers, so a win here would be pretty big. Tough one for UNH, especially with UNH picking up the harder side of the A10/CAA south this year with games against Richmond, JMU, and UD (at UD, home against others).

PapaBear
January 13th, 2006, 04:04 PM
NW has a stud RB in Sutton, and returns great WRs, but have a big ? at QB!!!

That's a big ? at QB. Northwestern without Basanez will be like UNH without Santos in a few years (unless the 'Cats solve their distastrous backup QB problem by then).

This game is even money, from where I sit. Good luck 'Cats.