21 at Cal Poly. TBA
28 UC DAVIS, 2 p.m. (Hobo Day)

NOVEMBER
4 WILLIAM PENN, 1 p.m.
11 at Southern Utah, 1 p.m.
18 at North Dakota State, TBA

GannonFan
January 11th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Feast or famine there - really tough road games agaisnt Montana, UNI, and Nicholl's, balanced by emminently winnable games against Wis-Lacrosse (DII right?), Central Arkansas (first year in transition to DIAA), and William Penn (NAIA?).

Hansel
January 11th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Feast or famine there - really tough road games agaisnt Montana, UNI, and Nicholl's, balanced by emminently winnable games against Wis-Lacrosse (DII right?), Central Arkansas (first year in transition to DIAA), and William Penn (NAIA?).
Similar to this year when they played Valpo, a DII and a DIII, but also had games with Georgia Southern, @ Montana, and @ Texas St

Bub
January 11th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Wisconsin-LaCrosse is a D-III. But the Wisconsin D-III schools are unique.As part of the U of Wisc. system most of them are quite a bit bigger than most D-III's. The Iowa Conf. D-III's ave around 1,500 students. For example LaCrosse is 9,000, Whitewater is 12,000, Plattsville is 6,000 and they're public schools=low fees. Wisconsin doesn't have any D-II's(I don't think) and no I-AA. So it's Big Ten Wisconsin or one of the Wisc. D-III's if you want to play instate football. No schollies, but instate public fees. They are very generally very good.

William Penn is NAIA.

89rabbit
January 11th, 2006, 11:39 AM
If you click on the link at the top of the thread it gives a quick breakdown of all the teams.

UCABEARS75
January 11th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Good, now I can play my first ever trip to South Dakota for the first weekend in October.

GO BEARS!!!

igo4uni
January 11th, 2006, 05:06 PM
All right!!!!!..........I didn't realize that SDSU was coming to the fabulous UNI-Dome!!!! :hyped: :hurray: :cool: :hurray: :hyped: :) :) :hyped: :rotateh: :hurray: :hyped:

On my birthday too!!!!!!!!

TexasTerror
January 11th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Two SLC squads! A transition UCA and a defending champ Nicholls State...

Keep it up SDSU!

Poly Pigskin
January 11th, 2006, 08:18 PM
What in god's name is Hobo Day?

Hansel
January 11th, 2006, 08:57 PM
SDSU homecoming

89rabbit
January 11th, 2006, 09:05 PM

The BIGGEST one day party in the Dakotas! :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug:

Poly Pigskin
January 12th, 2006, 01:06 AM
The BIGGEST one day party in the Dakotas! :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug:

I just checked out the history of it on your athletic site, and stumbled upon this little gem:

Even the first Hobo Day would prohibit the use of the razor. Student regulations that year stated that any man who shaved after the Monday morning preceding the festivities would be initiated into the Bull Moose Club with a barrel and an oak lathe. Girls had to wear their hair in a braid and anyone who failed to do so would be "painted with red ink and have their hair braided by the Big Chief's wife."
Please tell me that this still happens, that would be an absolute riot to see.

Anyway, back to the thread topic. I like the strength of schedule, there are some real good opportunities to make some noise for the GWFC. September is brutal, but if you survive that everyone else better watch out. I look forward to seeing you guys in October.

RabidRabbit
January 12th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Nice to get back playing against UNI, remember playing them as a strong NCC program. Glad SDSU is getting them again. Tough schedule, and home games are mostly easy games, except Cal-Davis. Conference looks tough again this year.

UCABEARS75
January 12th, 2006, 10:01 AM
This would have been way too easy. They could have scheduled "Redneck" day for our game.