PDA

View Full Version : ASU to play UGA, Florida and VaTech

AppGuy04
January 10th, 2006, 04:31 PM
but not in the same year :lmao:

http://www.goasu.com/?page=202&article=6418&fromPage=8

youwouldno
January 10th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Interesting, Furman has VT and Florida on future schedules. Not UGA though.

AppGuy04
January 10th, 2006, 04:48 PM
its some serious money, hopefully we can keep it respectable like this year with LSU, especially after that ass whoopin they put on Miami :eek:

FU97
January 10th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Interesting, Furman has VT and Florida on future schedules. Not UGA though.

FU also has UNC this coming year and I think Clemson in 2010.

UD and Colgate highlight home and home series vs I-AA teams in future years.

hapapp
January 10th, 2006, 05:38 PM
ASU opens at NC State in 2006.

colgate13
January 11th, 2006, 07:21 AM
UD and Colgate highlight home and home series vs I-AA teams in future years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. That gate/Furman home and home is an awesome development that is really encouraging for both schools. I believe it is the first home/home with a SoCon school we've had in a very long time if ever. I like our ADs thinking on this one. Should be fun all around.

UNH 40
January 11th, 2006, 07:26 AM
its some serious money, hopefully we can keep it respectable like this year with LSU, especially after that ass whoopin they put on Miami :eek:
Judging by the way App. St. faired against a team like LSU i would say that they will be fine against those three teams. Good for them i will be pulling for them in all three games.

AppGuy04
January 11th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Honestly, I'd rather see them play some other I-AA powerhouse schools like maybe Montana, than playing money games. If I-A doesn't care about us, we shouldn't care about them. :twocents:

SoCon48
January 11th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Honestly, I'd rather see them play some other I-AA powerhouse schools like maybe Montana, than playing money games. If I-A doesn't care about us, we shouldn't care about them. :twocents:

If you're gonna play a tough team, go for the money and the recruits. Montana would be break even after travel.

putter
January 11th, 2006, 09:25 AM
We could care less about I-A, but we do care about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

UNH 40
January 11th, 2006, 09:36 AM
We could care less about I-A, but we do care about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Are any of you competetive in the least? Did any of you play I-AA football or are you just fans? It means a hell of a lot to player to get this chance. To get their shot at the big boys, the guys who are supposed to be so much better than us. Athletes and coaches for that matter, get so excited for games that are a step up, so they can prove themselves. I know was when we played Rutgers.

DinoDex200
January 11th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Athletes and coaches for that matter, get so excited for games that are a step up, so they can prove themselves. I know was when we played Rutgers.

I thought you said a step up. :)

Drat. It would have been funnier if they weren't much improved this year. :(

UNH 40
January 11th, 2006, 09:56 AM
I thought you said a step up. :)

Drat. It would have been funnier if they weren't much improved this year. :(

They were on their way to having a great season after beating up on Michigan State (who several weeks later beat then #2 Wisconson), and losing to UNH sent them in a downward spiral.

AppGuy04
January 11th, 2006, 11:10 AM
They were on their way to having a great season after beating up on Michigan State (who several weeks later beat then #2 Wisconson), and losing to UNH sent them in a downward spiral.

MSU hit that downward spiral also

cu@wgs
January 11th, 2006, 11:23 AM
After losing to Oregon last year and a few key players in that game where we were outsized I'm not sure about the money. Sure its nice but I'd rather see Montana play I-AA schools. Its not like a rivalry is brewing with us and U of O. They'e probably never come here and to me Championships are worth more than the payout for one game.

OL FU
January 11th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Judging by the way App. St. faired against a team like LSU i would say that they will be fine against those three teams. Good for them i will be pulling for them in all three games.

You just never know. Who would have thought that ASU would play a better game against LSU than Kansas. ( I realize it was later in the year and ASU was better later in the year).

I have seen OK Furman teams give big name I-A's all they wanted and good FU teams get blown out by mediocre I-A's.

On the other hand, scheduling these teams is exciting and good for ASU and good that they are in different years.

AppGuy04
January 11th, 2006, 12:21 PM
You just never know. Who would have thought that ASU would play a better game against LSU than Kansas. ( I realize it was later in the year and ASU was better later in the year).

I have seen OK Furman teams give big name I-A's all they wanted and good FU teams get blown out by mediocre I-A's.

On the other hand, scheduling these teams is exciting and good for ASU and good that they are in different years.

plus it doesn't hurt that NC State is pubbing the opening game next year as a game against a "national champion." From what I can gather, they are not taking the Apps lightly

ASU Kep
January 11th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Being from GA, with all of my best friends being huge Bulldog fans, and after all the s--t they've talked (who cares about that you won some division two national title? :bang: :splat: ), there's a one-in-a-million shot that September 5th, 2009 will be the greatest day of my life.

AppGuy04
January 11th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Being from GA, with all of my best friends being huge Bulldog fans, and after all the s--t they've talked (who cares about that you won some division two national title? :bang: :splat: ), there's a one-in-a-million shot that September 5th, 2009 will be the greatest day of my life.

so you're saying there's a chance?

ASU Kep
January 11th, 2006, 03:23 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OL FU
January 11th, 2006, 03:24 PM
so you're saying there's a chance?

against NC State :nod: :)

ASU Kep
January 11th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I was laughing at the dumb and dumber reference, not our chances.

AppGuy04
January 11th, 2006, 05:07 PM
against NC State :nod: :)

well, considering 1/2 of State's defense is declaring for the draft, I think App might have a chance to move the ball on them

and Marcus Stone is the 2nd coming of well......................I can't think of a really ****ty QB right now

It won't be as lopsided as all my fellow Wolfpack fans think

SoCon48
January 11th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Are any of you competetive in the least? Did any of you play I-AA football or are you just fans? It means a hell of a lot to player to get this chance. To get their shot at the big boys, the guys who are supposed to be so much better than us. Athletes and coaches for that matter, get so excited for games that are a step up, so they can prove themselves. I know was when we played Rutgers.

AMEN!!

ASU Kep
January 11th, 2006, 11:17 PM
plus it doesn't hurt that NC State is pubbing the opening game next year as a game against a "national champion." From what I can gather, they are not taking the Apps lightly

They'd be damn stupid not to take us seriously. They can put us down all they want, but I don't think many Wolfpack fans honestly think they could've put up a better performance in Death Valley than we did. Granted we lose Richie and Jayson, but we've got a more complete core of players coming back than they do (especially with all the guys who declared).

It'd be an upset, but not a shocking one. I hope we can get some sorta fan campaign cranked up beforehand, because IMHO, a big ASU presence would very much help our chances. I think a win over State would do more for the respect of our program in North Carolina than even our National Championship. Beating what is usually the best I-A program in the state would say a lot about App football, and I-AA in general.

...and it'd also be a pretty big improvement over our recent performances against I-A's early in the season. :bang:

HiHiYikas
January 11th, 2006, 11:55 PM
IMHO, a big ASU presence would very much help our chances.
No way I'm missing that game...

FU97
January 12th, 2006, 07:55 AM
They'd be damn stupid not to take us seriously. They can put us down all they want, but I don't think many Wolfpack fans honestly think they could've put up a better performance in Death Valley than we did. Granted we lose Richie and Jayson, but we've got a more complete core of players coming back than they do (especially with all the guys who declared).

It'd be an upset, but not a shocking one. I hope we can get some sorta fan campaign cranked up beforehand, because IMHO, a big ASU presence would very much help our chances. I think a win over State would do more for the respect of our program in North Carolina than even our National Championship. Beating what is usually the best I-A program in the state would say a lot about App football, and I-AA in general.

...and it'd also be a pretty big improvement over our recent performances against I-A's early in the season. :bang:

Would be nice if ASU could take out NCSt and FU could take out UNC in the same season.

AppGuy04
January 12th, 2006, 08:08 AM

well, IMHO, ASU is already the 3rd best college football team in the state

ASU Kep
January 12th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Would be nice if ASU could take out NCSt and FU could take out UNC in the same season.

Then we beat you, thus proving us to be the undisputed football kings of NC. :asswhip: :D

FU97
January 12th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Then we beat you, thus proving us to be the undisputed football kings of NC. :asswhip: :D

Keep dreaming!

AppGuy04
January 12th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Keep dreaming!

rubber match this year

RabidRabbit
January 13th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Hey Cal-Davis knocked off Stanford in 2005, and they're still in transition to 1-AA.

So Nat'l Champs - go show NCSU what a small Champ can do to a weaker Goliath :twocents: