PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NEC Pre-Season Coaches Poll

Original_RMC
August 5th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Link Here (http://www.northeastconference.org/News/fball/2010/8/4/FB-PreseasonPoll_preview-10.asp?path=fball)
1. Central Conn. St. (4)
2. Robert Morris (3)
3. Albany (1)
4. Wagner (1)
5. Monmouth
6. Bryant
7. Duquesne
8. Sacred Heart
9. Saint Francis (PA)

Bogus Megapardus
August 5th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I'm a little surprised at Wagner and Monmouth. There seems to be a growing consensus about Bobby Mo's strength this year.

Dane96
August 5th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Honestly, it is because (at least to those who have the balls to admit it) the NEC was down last year. Down, however, is relative to years past when a "close call" against the PL or an IVY was considered a huge step.

I think the NEC had a lot of young teams...and we play Northeast conservative football for the most part. RMU has a lot of young talent, whereas CCSU and Albany were Sr. laden the last two years and are returning alot of young untested guys. RMU has battle tested sophs and Jr's...so I think it was a safe pic (just like CCSU, the returning champ).

Wagner...aside from Doscher...doesn't do it for me. I actually like third-year Bryant to make some noise.

Original_RMC
August 5th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I do think Bryant is a team that can sneak into the NEC title race but they have 2 tough NEC to start:
@CCSU
@Wagner
They win both of them look out because they have Albany & RMU at home and everyone knows that Bryant is a tough team to beat when playing at their place.
CCSU's schedule is no easier with away games at Albany, Monmouth, RMU...but playing @ UNH & @ YSU could help this team get ready for those NEC road games.
RMU's schedule is probably the easiest within the NEC this year.
@Wagner & @SFPA to start NEC play then a month at Joe Walton stadium against Monmouth/Albany/Dukes/CCSU and then the final game for them is @Bryant.

Dane96
August 5th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Albany got *****ed.

At RMU (will be hard...plus a ***** to travel to and from)...and then 5 days later at home, under the lights, against CCSU.

Kill me now.