PDA

View Full Version : Bearkats Bolster Lineup with Two FBS Transfers

TexasTerror
July 30th, 2010, 07:10 AM
At two positions, the Bearkats are extremely young - QB and WR. Though these two individuals have four and three years of eligibility remaining, it should hopefully bolster the depth at the positions...

QB Tyrik Rollison, Auburn
RB D.J. Morrow, La Tech

Rollison was a red shirt QB for the Tigers last year while Morrow had 31 carries for 150 yards and a TD, threw a 19-yd TD pass and caught four passes for 26 yards.

Figure both will have a spot in the two-deep at their respective positions. Rollison will be given every chance to battle Bryan Randolph at QB while Morrow should be in the mix with Vincent Dotson and Kevin Matthews.

Huntsville Item Story - http://itemonline.com/sports/x784116095/Newest-Bearkats

TexasTerror
January 2nd, 2011, 11:42 AM
This was just posted... apparently he was too much of academic question mark to begin with and still could not get his act together. SHSU's starting QB this past season - who kept them very competitive, mind you - was Brian Bell, a true freshman. The below info from a KatFans.com poster makes it seem that SHSU is adding a JUCO QB to push our young guy, if not also providing a serviceable backup.

See no reason in adding a FBS QB... though must acknowledge our FBS transfer from K-State at running back (Flanders) was a HUGE lift.

(1)-TRoll is DONE. He is ineligible due to grades and is transferring to a Juco. I told all you TRoll fans when we first signed him he wouldn't make it. If he couldn't make it at Auburn academically with all their resources, he wasn't going to make it here. Good riddance TRoll and take your dad with you. (2)-Fritz and DeBesse are signing a quality Juco QB (FACT) and have told Bell about it. This Juco kid has a strong arm and will be in school and camp to push Bell this spring. Don't be surprised if another D-1 FBS QB shows up also who has 3 years left. I will post more in a few weeks just to keep all you guys interested...

http://katfans.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1312.msg15171#msg15171

paytonlives
January 2nd, 2011, 09:45 PM
DJ Marrow is a player... I coached against him while he was at Westwood and our whole D plan was to stop him...