PDA

View Full Version : Opposing team's players who just need to graduate already

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 28th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Scott Riddle - Though GSU hasn't made him look like a superstar in the last two seasons, he always seems to come up with just enough big plays to beat GSU. Hopefully he won't be quite as dangerous without Hudgins.

DJ Smith - Because he's always in the way, he always seems to know where the ball is going to be, and he disrupts so many plays.

Chris Evans - Though many would say he's just an average above-average back, I'm still ready to be rid of him. He was the only reason GSU lost to Samford in 2008 and our keying on him in 2009 caused us to give up too many big plays.

CoCo Hillary - A first-rate pain in the a## to any secondary, and it just seems like he has been around forever. Been wanting to be rid of him ever since his big catch on 4th down against GSU in 2008. Would've been interesting to see how App would have fared against Richmond and Montana with him not injured, though.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 28th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Both Temple and Lehigh will be happy when Szczur is gone from 'Nova.

Touchdown Yosef
July 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM
CoCo Hillary - A first-rate pain in the a## to any secondary, and it just seems like he has been around forever. Been wanting to be rid of him ever since his big catch on 4th down against GSU in 2008. Would've been interesting to see how App would have fared against Richmond and Montana with him not injured, though.

I hate thinking about that, theres a good chance though that he wouldn't have dropped a pass in the endzone that hit him in the hands on the last play of the game. Oh the pain. I just wish he would have got a medical redshirt for last year and then we would have had him for this year and next. (he could have even played qb again)

lionsrking2
July 28th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Last year, I would have had a big list with guys like Derrick Fourroux at McNeese, Bradley George at Texas State, Larry Hart at UCA, Tim Knicky at SFA, etc...this year seems to be down as far as those types of guys in the SLC though I'm quite sure a new crop of thorns will surface as the season progresses.

PhoenixSupreme
July 28th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Armanti Edwards....no wait...

PhoenixPhan06
July 28th, 2010, 12:45 PM
The one person who sticks out for me would be Mark Legree. I'll be looking out for him in the 2011 Draft as another great FCS to NFL player.

SU DOG
July 28th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Adam Mims of Furman. He is just another in a long line of Paladin Players whose high school is located within minutes of the Samford Campus. They come back to Seibert and cause us too much pain by having great games against the Dogs.

phoenixphanatic21
July 28th, 2010, 03:21 PM
There have only been 3 players who have reached that status for me: JJ Redick, Stephen Curry and Armanti Edwards.

The one person who sticks out for me would be Mark Legree. I'll be looking out for him in the 2011 Draft as another great FCS to NFL player.

I honestly hope he does great in the NFL. That way, I can keep bragging to my friends and any other moron who tries to tell me the FCS "doesn't matter" or "isn't real football."

headdressguy
July 28th, 2010, 04:14 PM

Seconded (or thirded, if we count both your schools).

It's nice when you get to have one of those guys on your side - I get the feeling that by the end of the 2011 season, some of W&M's conference foes are going to be pretty sick of seeing Jonathan Grimes

Skjellyfetti
July 28th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Nobody really comes to mind that we play regularly.

But, I'll just answer "all Georgia Southern seniors" for the sake of their APR. xsmiley_wix

yorkcountyUNHfan
July 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM

Add UNH to that list

CrunchGriz
July 28th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Skellyfetti - Nobody really comes to mind that we play regularly.

Although you probably had a snout full of Chase Reynolds for one particular game....;)

SideLine Shooter
July 28th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Although you probably had a snout full of Chase Reynolds for one particular game....;)

I'll agree with you there. I would love for these 2 teams to meet in Frisco in early Jan.

Skjellyfetti
July 28th, 2010, 07:02 PM

Yeah, that could be said about any team that beats us pretty though. Toddrick Pendland from McNeese would also come to mind.

401ks
July 28th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Steve Valentino, QB from Dayton

xbowx

GeauxLions94
July 28th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Last year, I would have had a big list with guys like Derrick Fourroux at McNeese, Bradley George at Texas State, Larry Hart at UCA, Tim Knicky at SFA, etc...this year seems to be down as far as those types of guys in the SLC though I'm quite sure a new crop of thorns will surface as the season progresses.

Jabara Williams (LB, Stephen F. Austin) - tackling machine
Bobby Felder (DB, Nicholls) - yes, he's pretty much dominated against us in two meetings
D'Marcus Griggs (WR, Texas State) - good receiver, how will he work with new QB?
Gralyn Crawford (WR, Stephen F. Austin) - think he's going to be a good receiver
Jeremy Moses (QB, SFA) - Stop throwing!
Geremy Pilate (LB, McNeese State) - fierce hitter with great speed!

lionsrking2
July 28th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Jabara Williams (LB, Stephen F. Austin) - tackling machine
Bobby Felder (DB, Nicholls) - yes, he's pretty much dominated against us in two meetings
D'Marcus Griggs (WR, Texas State) - good receiver, how will he work with new QB?
Gralyn Crawford (WR, Stephen F. Austin) - think he's going to be a good receiver
Jeremy Moses (QB, SFA) - Stop throwing!
Geremy Pilate (LB, McNeese State) - fierce hitter with great speed!

Felder would the one guy that sticks out, and thought about mentioning him in the previous post...of course he's from right up the road in McComb, Ms. and we passed on him...figures he would have two monster games against us.

MR. CHICKEN
July 28th, 2010, 11:08 PM
GRIMES/GRAYSON.........YA'LL MILKIN' DUH SKOLLIES......R....DUH LADIES...O' RICHMOND....AN' DUH 'BURG.....DAT FOXY....xconfusedx..........AWK!

Tribe4SF
July 29th, 2010, 06:57 AM
GRIMES/GRAYSON.........YA'LL MILKIN' DUH SKOLLIES......R....DUH LADIES...O' RICHMOND....AN' DUH 'BURG.....DAT FOXY....xconfusedx..........AWK!

You bet they are! And Grimes is only a junior. Just be glad he didn't redshirt.

Tribe4SF
July 29th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Sczur, Whitney, Ijalana, Thomas....get the whole lot of 'em outa here!xnodx

SpeedkingATL
July 29th, 2010, 08:36 AM
The only player that come to mind to me would be Adrian Peterson and Jason Foster. It seems that Foster was at GaSo for about 6 years. Good for us that lousy coaching kind of took him away for one year.

Longhorn
July 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
LB/DE Matt Marcorelle at UD. If I understand it correctly, he's been extended an extremely rare 6th year of eligibility for 2010 by the NCAA because of injuries.