PDA

View Full Version : App to wear Nike Pro Combat Jerseys on Sept 18

T-Dog
July 27th, 2010, 04:36 PM
From the media guide.

"For the third straight year, Nike will provide ASU with an "alternate" third uniform to be worn in place of the Apps' traditional black and white jerseys for selected games this fall. This year's alternate jersey is from Nike's Pro Combat line, which has also been featured by Florida, Miami (Fla.), TCU, and other prominent programs over the past year.

Appalachian's version of the Pro Combat jerseys are gold with black tackle-twill numerals, black sleeves with white tackle-twill numerals and black ornamental stitching on the shoulder pads. The Mountaineers are expected to debut the alternate jerseys on Sept. 18 when they host North Carolina Central at Kidd Brewer Stadium."

There's a small picture in the media guide of Page 13, but you can't many of the features of it.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=204971178

PantherRob82
July 27th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Very cool. What is the ornamental stitching? Sometimes the details on these jerseys is very cool.

TheValleyRaider
July 27th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Very cool. What is the ornamental stitching? Sometimes the details on these jerseys is very cool.

It's the generic "spirograph" design that all those jerseys had. Other than being bright yellow, they seem pretty plain, wonder if the pants have some unique design on them

Still, pretty cool for App xnodx

Skjellyfetti
July 28th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Looks like the TCU ones with the purple being yellow.

http://www.nikeblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Nike-Pro-Combat-Uniforms2.jpg

Also, not a bad group of schools to join. xnodx

NuJerzBullDog
July 28th, 2010, 08:33 AM
How lucky to have the budget and sponsorship of nike...we have generic russell brand lol

SideLine Shooter
July 28th, 2010, 08:36 AM
How lucky to have the budget and sponsorship of nike...we have generic russell brand lol

Nothing wrong with Russell.

NuJerzBullDog
July 28th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Nothing wrong with Russell.
if i had the choice between the two i would def take nike

PhoenixPhan06
July 28th, 2010, 08:43 AM
The alternate jersey deal is pretty sweet IMO. After the game it makes for a great auction item that will in turn benefit the athletic department. App State is doing is the right way and are reaping the benefits of their success to which I'm envious but will applaud greatness when I see it.

We're still pretty new into our Nike contract so until we make some serious noise in the playoffs or win a NC or two, I doubt we'll see the same love from Nike with the alternate unis.

NuJerzBullDog
July 28th, 2010, 08:45 AM
The alternate jersey deal is pretty sweet IMO. After the game it makes for a great auction item that will in turn benefit the athletic department. App State is doing is the right way and are reaping the benefits of their success to which I'm envious but will applaud greatness when I see it.

We're still pretty new into our Nike contract so until we make some serious noise in the playoffs or win a NC or two, I doubt we'll see the same love from Nike with the alternate unis.

yeah cuz thats what the big schools do, like s.car, and maryland with the wounded warrior jerseys..i remember asu's equipment manager tell us they had did the auction with the gold jerseys from last year

SideLine Shooter
July 28th, 2010, 08:50 AM

So I take it you missed the game with App at elon last year?

PhoenixPhan06
July 28th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I was there, AE was AE and the ASU defense shut down Riddle. We all know that story.

biggie
July 28th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Don't like them as much as last year (same opponent last year is weird). Bet the auction money won't be quite as high (considering AE's went for like $1500).

NuJerzBullDog
July 28th, 2010, 09:23 AM
true...the pro combat technology wise is great though... as far as astheticlly(forgive for spelling) some are a lil weird... but none the less u guys got a great oppurtunity to sport em...but i think theyll sell fine on the strength that they are the pro comabt series..which was a big hit with the FBS.... will the have the signature gloves and cleats... or just the jerseys

Field Judge
July 28th, 2010, 10:05 AM
true...the pro combat technology wise is great though... as far as astheticlly(forgive for spelling) some are a lil weird... but none the less u guys got a great oppurtunity to sport em...but i think theyll sell fine on the strength that they are the pro comabt series..which was a big hit with the FBS.... will the have the signature gloves and cleats... or just the jerseys

I havent heard anything on the gloves or cleats, but if APP had one or the other, that would be awesome. Also, I would imagine the pants would be all black. I doubt App gets the TCU weird horned frog skin look on the pants

NuJerzBullDog
July 28th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I havent heard anything on the gloves or cleats, but if APP had one or the other, that would be awesome. Also, I would imagine the pants would be all black. I doubt App gets the TCU weird horned frog skin look on the pants

doest have to be the tcu style, but u seen the lsu, miami, even arizona, or tcu's new ones, something simple besides a reg black pant u know

Field Judge
July 28th, 2010, 10:16 AM
doest have to be the tcu style, but u seen the lsu, miami, even arizona, or tcu's new ones, something simple besides a reg black pant u know

Most App fans are pretty biased toward a black pant. However there are plenty out there who wish the unis looked like 1970 as well, with old gold pants.

NuJerzBullDog
July 28th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Most App fans are pretty biased toward a black pant. However there are plenty out there who wish the unis looked like 1970 as well, with old gold pants.

IMHO that would be too much... but i dont see noting wrong with a black pant with a wild and gold insert...like the slashes in miami's pro combat pants u know something thats there but not loud

SpeedkingATL
July 28th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Guess I'll be making another $300-400 donation to the school when these go up for auction.

NuJerzBullDog
July 28th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Guess I'll be making another $300-400 donation to the school when these go up for auction.

or u can send that donation to scsu lol

phoenixphanatic21
July 28th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Anyone know if any other schools are getting the Pro Combat jerseys? I'd assume App is the only school but I wanna know if anyone else has heard anything.

As for the jerseys themselves, I'd say they are just meh. I liked last year's alternates better.

T-Dog
July 28th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I "meh" on them, but it's only a temp thing.

http://www.goasu.com//pics31/481/AQ/AQZIJOZOSUTPIUL.20100728195042.jpg

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=204971620

As in years past, the alternate jerseys will be auctioned online to fans at GoASU.com following their debut. However, this season the jerseys will not be distributed to auction winners until after the conclusion of the season, leaving the Apps the option to don the gold duds on more occasions throughout the year.

lc83
July 28th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Anyone know if any other schools are getting the Pro Combat jerseys? I'd assume App is the only school but I wanna know if anyone else has heard anything.

As for the jerseys themselves, I'd say they are just meh. I liked last year's alternates better.

Butler University has Nike Pro Combat for their new 2010 uniforms. They aren't too crazy aesthetically though. A simple navy for home and white for away; pants are white with navy piping.

slostang
July 28th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I think the players will really like the Pro Combat uniforms and the fans will pay big bucks for them when they go to auction which is great for the school. As far as looks go, I think their black ones look better.

NuJerzBullDog
July 29th, 2010, 08:33 AM
if any other fcs school does get em it would be montana, nova or richmond and possiblygeorgia southern, just cuz of the success of the programs in the past couple years

griz5700
July 29th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Montana will be wearing the combats in 2010. The official design hasn't been released yet, although they will look similar to ASU's. They are adding some black into the jerseys with the maroon and silver. They may also tweak the helmets, although fan reaction to that has been mixed..

NuJerzBullDog
July 29th, 2010, 11:11 AM
is there some kind of agreement with nike for these jerseys or are they being funded by asu